Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Now Playing on /mma/tube -

Why the fuck does anyone care

- Thu, 05 Feb 2015 20:16:05 EST CNmIRR2q No.55184
File: 1423185365089.jpg -(66272B / 64.72KB, 455x541) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Why the fuck does anyone care
It's weed. Like, fuck me.

I don't even get the issue with cocaine either.

Steroids, sure. That's obvious. But weed and coke? Who gives a fuck what they do in their spare time?
>>
Ben Askren - Thu, 05 Feb 2015 20:37:21 EST ZsWuWp1W No.55186 Reply
Dana apparently does because he wants to emit this bullshit squeaky clean image so city counsellors don't ban his events as public displays of barbarism.

Also, of course Nevada licensing commissions are going to also test for illegal drugs because 'Murica. You have to pee in a cup to drive a forklift in 'Murica what's the difference.
>>
Joe Warren - Thu, 05 Feb 2015 21:20:33 EST CNmIRR2q No.55187 Reply
>>55186
Silva does steroids = slap on the wrist.

People do weed = WOW, MATCH REVERSED, SUSPENDED.
>>
xXxDarkDeathDestroyerxXx !7xZJgUcGY2 - Thu, 05 Feb 2015 21:57:36 EST jEvgeErj No.55188 Reply
It's a banned substance, Dana doesn't come up with that list so don't blame him. He's said before that he doesn't believe that marijuana should be penalised as harshly as PED's. People like Diaz and Riddle know what will happen if you test positive, yet they still do it. Don't act like they are the victims when they knew what would happen when they consistently breach the guidelines.
>>
xXxDarkDeathDestroyerxXx !7xZJgUcGY2 - Thu, 05 Feb 2015 22:57:49 EST d+8fwl5m No.55190 Reply
>>55189
What do you mean nothing? He's most likely getting a temporary suspension soon until his hearing, which is on February 17th, where he'll get his punishment or he'll try and test the other sample. Also it's Silva's first offence whereas Diaz has had it happen to him multiple times, so they'll probably be harsher on him.
>>
Evan Dunham - Fri, 06 Feb 2015 02:52:17 EST tB4g9DZ/ No.55191 Reply
1423209137298.jpg -(24182B / 23.62KB, 499x279) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>55189

Silva's still waiting to go through the arbitration process.
>>
Mirko Cro Cop - Fri, 06 Feb 2015 19:02:56 EST PBpcDxJU No.55201 Reply
>>55184
It's just been over turned. Silva's victory has been stripped away from him and the fight was determined a No Contest.
>>
Michael Bisping - Sun, 08 Feb 2015 07:42:45 EST oSVAamkk No.55205 Reply
>>55201
real shame because he was the one talking about ridding the sport of PED's.
>>
Lyle Beerbohm - Sun, 08 Feb 2015 10:08:35 EST 3h3DXaKe No.55206 Reply
>>55205
Couldn't he have done it to get into fight shape in time? Like, I don't condone this shit in any way, but I guess in a professional environment you can have this happen.
>>
Eddie Sanchez - Tue, 10 Feb 2015 08:53:36 EST Pv+imG7Z No.55212 Reply
1423576416747.jpg -(131652B / 128.57KB, 640x427) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
DICKS EVERYWHERE
>>
xXxDarkDeathDestroyerxXx !7xZJgUcGY2 - Tue, 10 Feb 2015 20:09:19 EST 8PEfc7ys No.55216 Reply
1423616959877.jpg -(145871B / 142.45KB, 466x700) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Big guy tested positive for PED's too
>>
Cub Swanson - Wed, 11 Feb 2015 07:33:56 EST SfIPG2jg No.55217 Reply
>>55216
He popped for some high end shit too. Ive always wondered about ATT guys like him and Tibau always looked jacked to the gills. You can also start to question Robby Lawlers sudden resurgance out of no where.
>>
Cub Swanson - Wed, 11 Feb 2015 07:45:33 EST SfIPG2jg No.55218 Reply
>>55216
And he popped for really high end stuff while silva popped for stuff you get at the favela drugstore
>>
lil' shit !!vVWR8L52 - Thu, 12 Feb 2015 07:01:58 EST Yc6iCB39 No.55219 Reply
1423742518201.jpg -(298710B / 291.71KB, 1200x627) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>55184
I've tried selling this shirt but noone bought lol probably because of my retarded spelling
>>
Alan Belcher - Thu, 12 Feb 2015 07:27:50 EST FDucgZ7P No.55220 Reply
1423744070616.jpg -(25750B / 25.15KB, 492x207) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>55217

>You can also start to question Robby Lawlers sudden resurgance out of no where
>>
Matt Lindland - Thu, 12 Feb 2015 14:28:37 EST 1MrSbg5q No.55222 Reply
>>55219

..Probably because nobody wants to wear a paragraph of medicinal latin. And that there isn't a big market for people who care about that
>>
CM Punk (Team Kana) !uhdacqdci6 - Wed, 18 Feb 2015 00:18:12 EST s7PHVekK No.55246 Reply
>>55243
Second failure doesn't affect his legacy nearly as hard as the PEDs. Antidepressants and insomnia medication? The casual fan won't understand why these are banned substances and think his doctor prescribed them (even if a doctor did, though, the banned substance list isn't exactly a well-guarded mystery). I'm actually more concerned that the PED abuse won't affect his legacy enough. Frank Shamrock put it best for me:

>Sadly probably no [Silva's legacy is not tarnished]. That may be the worst part. It’s now so common and so 'oh gosh, there it is'. You know people think that’s what our sport is about. People think we're a bunch of dudes on steroids, with tattoos, fighting in a cage. And I was at congress speaking about this 10 to 15 years ago, going "we’re not these people", but somehow we’re those people.

>Like that’s what our culture is producing, and I just I don’t see an end to it. I don’t how we stop it. You know, I don’t. How do you say to Anderson Silva "look you’re in the wrong on this one"? Because it’s now, it’s indicative of our culture. This is what they do, this is what we do. Jon Jones does cocaine, Anderson Silva does etcetera. It’s like what? Really? You know I came from a school where you train hard in martial arts, you follow the rules, you study the rule book, and you found a way to win. You know, at whatever cost. And it’s like those days are done.
>>
CM Punk (Team Kana) !uhdacqdci6 - Wed, 18 Feb 2015 15:31:36 EST s7PHVekK No.55247 Reply
Alright (faggots), some snippets from the UFC drug press conference, courtesy of F4W:

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/97-ufc/41262-highlight-notes-from-ufc-press-conference

>The UFC announced today that it is looking at July 1, 2015, to implement a random out-of-competition drug testing program that will include all 585 fighters on the roster, as well as enhanced drug testing for headliners before fights.

>The company is looking at hiring a third party to handle its own testing, as well as work with athletic commissions before fights within their jurisdiction. The company will help fund commission testing as well as its own program.

>Lorenzo Fertitta and Dana White acknowledged that for them, things will probably get a lot worse before they get better, in an attempt to clean up the sport.

>They cited that they were aware of 19 fighters tested out of competition of late and that five failed, and said that showed them there is an issue that needed to be addressed.

>The other key statement is that they are pushing for stricter penalties, saying that they advocated two year suspensions instead of nine month suspensions for first offense. They also said that if WADA increased first suspensions for PED use to four years, they would support and follow that change. They also believe the key athletic commissions would also increase their own suspensiosn for offenders to make this a uniform policy, but that is still something that needs to be worked out.

>They said they were looking at this for some time, but the Anderson Silva positive test has sped up the process. They actually don't have deals in place, and are in talks with the few companies that handle drug testing, but were setting July 1 as the deadline for getting it implemented.
>>
Andy Wang - Wed, 18 Feb 2015 19:47:01 EST tB4g9DZ/ No.55248 Reply
>>55246

The anit-depressants are non-factor. He still had drostanolone in his system for this post-fight test. This looks worse because it was in his system for the first test, January 9th, then not in the next test, January 19th, and back in his system for the post-fight test on the 31st. Silva's a habitual PED-user, man. It's over. No one will ever be able to argue for his greatness with the elephant in the room looming over the doubt as to how many times Silva abused PED's because he knew how to cheat the drug testing system.

More dominoes will fall with the new drug testing procedures being adopts in July because some guys just won't be able to kick the habit. The UFC is goign to be pretty shitty for the next year or two until they eliminate the PED culture from their roster.
>>
CM Punk (Team Kana) !uhdacqdci6 - Thu, 19 Feb 2015 01:14:22 EST s7PHVekK No.55249 Reply
>>55248
Texas has announced they won't be doing anything other than day-of drug tests for UFC 185. IF ONLY HE HAD HELD OFF ON HIS RETURN FOR TWO MONTHS.
>>
Efrain Escudero - Mon, 23 Feb 2015 12:03:07 EST g3HydAz2 No.55272 Reply
>>55184
>Steroids, sure. That's obvious.

dafuq?

Steroids are not bad in the least.
Use once a year - work out 3x harder than anyone else to maintain size.
You die at 50 because of all the speed and coke u took before the age of 50 - not the steroids themself.

Every single person to have died from 'steroids' has also been a known drug user and have abused themselves in other ways.
You can not pin point roids.
>>
Anthony Pettis - Mon, 23 Feb 2015 17:37:35 EST tB4g9DZ/ No.55273 Reply
>>55272

The issue with 'roids has always been people abusing them, meaning they aren't taking them for medical reasons and instead are shooting up for purely cosmetic reasons. It gets a bit iffy in a combat sport where 'rids can be used to goose strength and proper diet/weight-cutting techniques, which again all goes back to not using steroids in medically-approved way.
>>
CM Punk (Team Act Yasukawa) !uhdacqdci6 - Mon, 06 Apr 2015 21:13:15 EST s7PHVekK No.55629 Reply
Big UFC news on steroids:

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/97-ufc/41960-ufc-news-ufc-hires-jeff-novitzky

>Jeff Novitzky, the former FDA agent who became a well known celebrity investigator for his work regarding steroid and PED usage in sports in the BALCO case and involving superstar athletes like Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Lance Armstrong and Marion Jones, was hired today by UFC.

>The story broke within the last hour on twitter and the company confirmed it to us minutes ago and said a press release would be out shortly.

>Novitzky's role will be Vice President of Athlete Health and Performance.

>His role will be in house, and to, among other things, combat the use of PEDs in the company. For both image and also in getting a true expert on the realities of PEDs in major sports, UFC could not have made a stronger anti-PED statement with this hiring.

>The following is the press release from UF

>ANTI-DOPING EXPERT JEFF NOVITZKY JOINS UFC® AS VICE PRESIDENT OF ATHLETE HEALTH AND PERFORMANCE
Novitzky to lead development of UFC athlete health and performance program

>Las Vegas – In a further commitment to the health and safety of its athletes, UFC® announced today the hiring of Jeff Novitzky as Vice President of Athlete Health and Performance. Novitzky will spearhead the development of the organization’s clean initiative education program designed to ensure that every athlete competes with natural ability on an even playing field.

>A federal agent for the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) since 2008, Novitzky led investigations into companies suspected of illegal distribution of dietary supplements and designer steroids. Prior to joining the USFDA, Novitzky was a special agent for the Internal Revenue Service in their Criminal Investigation Department, where he oversaw and investigated some of the highest-profile performance enhancing drug (PED) cases in professional sports. A former collegiate athlete who played basketball for San Jose State University from 1989-91, Novitzky graduated with a degree in accounting.

>UFC is committed year-round to the health, safety, and education of its athletes. Led by Novitzky, UFC will continue to invest in state of the art sports science studies, further develop its out-of-competition PED testing policy and enrich its education and prevention programs.

>“There is no bigger advocate of clean professional sports than Jeff Novitzky,” UFC Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Lawrence Epstein said. “When we announced our commitment for an enhanced drug testing program in February, we wanted to ensure that the best people would be helping move this program forward and Jeff will lead the UFC in developing the most comprehensive anti-doping policy in professional sports.”

>Novitzky added: “I am thrilled to be joining a world-class organization like UFC, that is committed to taking the necessary steps to ensure all of its athletes are competing in a clean sport. I am confident that UFC will be able to create a new gold standard testing program and implement it so a sustainable and level playing field is provided for all athletes.”

>As part of its broader athlete health program, which includes the Athlete Accident Insurance Plan implemented in 2011, UFC announced in February the development of an expanded drug-testing program that will increase out-of-competition testing and pledged significant financial commitments for targeted testing protocols. Novitzky will play a leading role in the creation and implementation of the program, scheduled to be unveiled in July 2015.

>Novitzky, who will join the UFC later this month in the organization’s Las Vegas headquarters, will be made available to the media in the coming weeks.
>>
CM Punk (Team Act Yasukawa) !uhdacqdci6 - Tue, 07 Apr 2015 10:44:30 EST s7PHVekK No.55632 Reply
>>55629
>Curtis face
Should be Cormier face on this board.
>>
Ben Askren - Tue, 05 May 2015 10:05:12 EST eA49qFgu No.55969 Reply
I hate how Dana is trying to control his fighters like this. I get in-competition testing cause you become a danger to your opponent, and that shit doesn't fly at any "job". What benefits is he going to give the fighters for having to deal with this BS now?

Out of competition? Let guys live their lives.

>year long suspension vs 9 months
is that 3 months really going to change anything? they're just hurting their fighters for no good reason...

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.