Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Now Playing on /mma/tube -

So, IVs are going to be banned starting in October

!uhdacqdci6 - Wed, 08 Jul 2015 00:14:15 EST s7PHVekK No.56143
File: 1436328855022.jpg -(46609B / 45.52KB, 720x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. So, IVs are going to be banned starting in October
Part of UFC's new drug testing protocols set by USADA. The ban was originally going to go in effect July 1st, but they delayed it because so many people are going to have to move up weight classes that already have fights set. Basically, after this, the dangers of weight cutting are going down to the fighters. We could be seeing some really shitty fights for a few months, come October. The reason IVs are being banned is because they can mask drug testing results, so banning them from weight cuts is a side effect of that.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/1/8881077/ufc-drug-testing-policy-usada-iv-ban-grace-period-october-weight-cutting-mma-news

As for my personal opinion, I know IVs are a really good and safe way to rehydrate, but it's also not natural at all. Weight classes are there to keep people weighing 185/170/205/whatever fighting people in a similar weight, NOT to allow guys to come in 30+ pounds over the weight limit only to try to get most of that weight back the day of the fight. I know boxers do weight cuts too, but this isn't just ten or so pounds we're talking about for most people here.

Anthony Johnson is a good example of a guy that weight cutting didn't even give an advantage to, he had losses only in lower weight divisions until DC beat him at 205. And keep in mind there was a time when Rumble's camp actually wanted him to fight at 155 because of the novelty of a fucking heavyweight fighting in the lightweight division. Obviously, it never happened, but the idea of a guy like Rumble trying to drop and recoup so much weight is fucking scary and isn't what the sport should be about.

Picture possibly related. I hope she doesn't change weight classes, but she doesn't look like her weight cut is so bad she uses IVs.

Oh, and Gilbert Melendez failed his day-of-fight drug test for steroids. Lucky bastard, he failed right before the new protocols and punishments went into effect.
>>
CM Punk (Team Act Yasukawa) !uhdacqdci6 - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 20:38:41 EST s7PHVekK No.56223 Reply
Well, here's one for all you "Aldo is gonna wax McGregor" guys. Aldo has announced five months ahead of the bout his intention to ignore the new IV policy.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/7/19/8992883/jose-aldo-plans-to-ignore-usada-iv-ban-they-won-t-take-me-out-of-the

So, if Aldo wins and they catch him using IVs, he's being stripped of the title. Of course, the problem with his logic of them testing for what's in a saline solution proves how dumb he is, if he tries it (and I'm sure he will). After taking a quick, casual search for how they detect whether you used an IV in cycling, it appears they test for the plastics used in IV bags and tubes to bust guys (and yes, it does show up in urine). Never mind the probability that UFC might put him under some mandatory surveillance after weigh-ins for announcing to the world his plans to cheat the system. Since IVs are supposed to be a way to mask drug tests, it's possible he could get a 2 year suspension (up to 4 for "aggravating circumstances" including "egregious intent", which I think this qualifies as) for doing it. Probably not Aldo's smartest move.
>>
Yoshihiro Takayama - Mon, 20 Jul 2015 20:56:06 EST 1hLY4hZQ No.56224 Reply
>>56223
>Probably not Aldo's smartest move.
Well, he's Brazilian isn't he?
>>
Clay Guida - Wed, 22 Jul 2015 22:28:54 EST tWaaNhCn No.56228 Reply
>>56223
IVs for weight cut rehydrating mask blood doping. There's no way to detect somebody who's taken out their own blood, ran it through a centrifuge to isolate red blood cells, then packed that hemoglobin back in to get Lance Armstrong cardio levels except if you look for the presence of IV bag chemicals (which I'm sure they will find a way to get around, make millions selling undetectable IV bags). Before EPO and synthetic oxygen was invented all the Olympic cyclists used blood doping.

McGregor also drops 30 lbs to fight in that division so him and Aldo both will drop from exhaustion in the first round or get KO'd by a slap in the face unless they rehydrate properly. The smart thing to do would be to vacate the belt and join the Welterweight division
>>
CM Punk (Team Act Yasukawa) !uhdacqdci6 - Thu, 23 Jul 2015 00:12:01 EST s7PHVekK No.56229 Reply
>>56228
I'd have to agree, McGregor did NOT look good after weigh-ins. Neither did Chad Mendes, but Mendes only had two weeks to even start cutting that weight. All the press tours and TUF will also get in the way of any attempts by McGregor to get closer to being a natural 145 (and then he loses all the advantages he has in the division anyways). It's gonna be funny if they both miss weight or fail for IVs when UFC 194 comes and goes.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.