Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Now Playing on /mma/tube -

Rousimar Palhares manages to even fuck up can fights in WSOF

- Mon, 03 Aug 2015 14:47:35 EST tWaaNhCn No.56287
File: 1438627655839.png -(415245B / 405.51KB, 730x380) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Rousimar Palhares manages to even fuck up can fights in WSOF
Perfect shitstorm of can fighter + Palhares + worst referee in MMA history http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/2/9087007/abdel-aziz-palhares-may-be-stripped-wsof-title-following-shields-win-mma-news

Again Toquinho the mental dwarf cranked the submission long enough to force the (shitty) ref to repeatedly intervene, and Jake Shields got some sweet eye poke justice for all the dirty eye pokes and face raking he did in UFC. Mazzagatti is so bad at this he didn't deduct any points even after the 3rd eye gouge.
>>
Anderson Silva - Mon, 03 Aug 2015 14:57:16 EST Jv8gp1Vf No.56288 Reply
That fucking deliberate eye gouging. Guy should be banned from the sport.
>>
Urijah Faber - Mon, 03 Aug 2015 19:11:24 EST 0585lxo3 No.56290 Reply
I wonder how Palhares keeps passing drug tests too? Brazilians sure seem to get away with that a lot
>>
Stephan Bonnar - Tue, 04 Aug 2015 17:01:01 EST yGEXlfXt No.56293 Reply
This seems like a good place to ask this question: Why does anyone care about him being a bit brutal? Rousey snaps arms like twigs and no one gives a fuck, but this guy consistently gets shit on for it. Why in the hell do people expect to see anything more than pure combat in this "sport"? I don't really hate mma, I love watching and analyzing fights, but I hate the fact that some people think mma is some high class sporting event. I don't even think boxing is a high-brow sport, both of them are just people kicking the shit out of each other as efficiently as possible.
>>
CM Punk (Team Act Yasukawa) !uhdacqdci6 - Tue, 04 Aug 2015 20:04:56 EST s7PHVekK No.56294 Reply
>>56293
Rousey lets go when the ref says it's over. Rousey also doesn't intentionally poke eyes.
>>
Gilbert Melendez - Tue, 04 Aug 2015 20:30:36 EST yGEXlfXt No.56295 Reply
>>56294
No, there's another dude in the UFC who has masterful eye pokes that I fully endorse. He has literally worked it viably into his fighting style. And Rousey doesn't give them a chance. She cranks, then snaps it like nothing. You can watch highlight videos of her and the first few times she looked like she knew she fucked up, then she eventually stopped caring about it.
>>
Shane Carwin - Tue, 04 Aug 2015 21:09:28 EST 1hLY4hZQ No.56297 Reply
>>56293
You said it yourself. Several times in fact. This is a sport. Why do you think this sport should allow, and not punish, unsportsmanlike like behavior? If you can't follow the rules and regulations, then you need to move on to something else. When the ref says stop, you stop. No exceptions. You don't poke eyes either. (Wtf is wrong with you?) Seems like you're not that much of a fan of this sport after all.
>>
Gilbert Melendez - Tue, 04 Aug 2015 21:24:54 EST yGEXlfXt No.56298 Reply
I said I was a fan of watching and analyzing fights, I can hardly call this a sport. It's just modern day gladiator shit. And Jon Jones has made masterful work of eye pokes, something I endorse because a fight is a fight. They don't even try to gouge them, just a poke for a distraction. And again, he's not even breaking shit, just hurting them. Rousey literally gives them a second to tap before breaking that shit and forcing the ref to call it.
>>
Shane Carwin - Tue, 04 Aug 2015 21:39:57 EST 1hLY4hZQ No.56300 Reply
>>56298
>I can hardly call this a sport. It's just modern day gladiator shit.
Wrong. Though from what you have said that's clearly what you want it to be.
>>
Gilbert Melendez - Tue, 04 Aug 2015 21:41:03 EST yGEXlfXt No.56301 Reply
Explain why you consider it a sport. Please, I'm genuinely curious.
>>
Gilbert Melendez - Tue, 04 Aug 2015 21:55:00 EST yGEXlfXt No.56302 Reply
>>56301
As opposed to modern day gladiator shit mind you.
>>
Cain Velasquez - Wed, 05 Aug 2015 02:13:39 EST tB4g9DZ/ No.56305 Reply
sport
[ spĂ´rt ]
NOUN

An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment:

I swear to Christ, if faggot Gilbert Melendez keeps up with this "hurr durr it's not a sport, tell me why it's a sport" bullshit he better fucking be banned.
>>
Cyborg Santos - Sat, 08 Aug 2015 01:28:51 EST tWaaNhCn No.56318 Reply
>>56301
Olympic wrestling is a sport, MMA is a business, it's "the fight game" the same way that NFL players talk about football being a business and not a sport. Everything in MMA is a business decision including who fights for the belt. Palhares would be banned for life if MMA was a real sport but because it's a business WSOF cretins will keep him around to make money.
>>
Alan Belcher - Mon, 10 Aug 2015 01:55:40 EST 9b5v1L/m No.56322 Reply
>>56318

It is too a sport, and so are gladiatorial games. Part of the game is the drama on the stage. If there is an audience, part of the game is impressing them. If you punch someone in the face and the audience doesn't echo the schmack for ya, you could've done better.

If you don't want that, then go spar.
>>
Matt Mitrione - Tue, 11 Aug 2015 02:04:24 EST CogIjLzA No.56323 Reply
>>56322
Compare world sport Judo to MMA. You must win X amount of matches and be verified certain level to compete for championships.

Now look at MMA. Pro wrestler and pro boxer parachuted into UFC to fight with zero amateur record (CM Punk, Toney). Dana giving out title fights for trash talk (McGregor, Correia, Sonnen, everybody) side stepping the competitors who earned status through wins to favor entertainment. Dana awarding two belts at the same time "You are the interim Worlds 100m swimming gold champion!"

MMA is clearly a business and not a sport just like Olympic boxing is miles a part from vegas boxing. You aren't allowed to hand pick your competitors in olympic boxing because it's a sport.
>>
Mark Hominick - Tue, 11 Aug 2015 07:34:46 EST wSXxg8LF No.56324 Reply
So do you think Ice Hockey and Soccer aren't sport either beause the atheletes make money out of it?
>>
Tito Ortiz - Thu, 13 Aug 2015 21:51:44 EST CogIjLzA No.56333 Reply
>>56324
It's not about them making money. Every single NFL player talks about NFL being a business. Business decisions will always come first before anything sports related, like who's QB. The best guy isn't always QB it's sometimes the most marketable guy because the NFL makes more money than any pro sport on earth, they bury FIFA, hell even the Olympics in revenue.

The point is UFC is a business first too, the sport is just marketing and not always sportslike whatsoever like choosing ridiculous matchups or parachuting in WWE vets.
>>
Trevor Prangley - Thu, 13 Aug 2015 23:18:23 EST tB4g9DZ/ No.56336 Reply
>>56333

You are legitimately retarded. UFC is a business organization built around the athletic competition (also known as a "sport", tardpants) of mixed martial arts. MMA is a sport, UFC is a business that makes money off of MMA matches.

"Business" and "sport" are not mutually exclusive, you retard fuck.
>>
Gegard Mousasi - Fri, 14 Aug 2015 20:22:12 EST CogIjLzA No.56340 Reply
>>56336
MMA is a style. UFC is full contact WWE. Dana chooses the fighters based on popularity and chooses matchups purely for money making business decisions. None of the match ups are in any way related to skill, wins/losses or anything competition related. The actual athletic competition is secondary to everything else in the UFC hence the whole point of some guy before claiming it wasn't really "a sport". This is why all fighters refer to it as a the fight GAME just like the rap GAME is not about being a musician.
>>
Keith Jardine - Sat, 15 Aug 2015 22:22:01 EST m1jnI4pB No.56350 Reply
1439691721238.gif -(2565092B / 2.45MB, 300x226) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>56340

>None of the match ups are in any way related to skill
>>
Jake Shields - Sat, 15 Aug 2015 23:55:29 EST 1hLY4hZQ No.56351 Reply
>>56340
>MMA is a style.
I train mma guys. You're fucking retarded.
>>
Brian Stann - Fri, 28 Aug 2015 02:08:52 EST tYAWVohE No.56374 Reply
>>56340
You're retarded. There's nothing to see here. It's just a coincidence that the champions and contenders are also the most marketable, and that fights are sometimes simply amateur or seemingly fixed. Go back to your homes.
>>
Aaron Simpson - Tue, 01 Sep 2015 01:12:13 EST fIPTo5W4 No.56381 Reply
>>56340
>None of the match ups are in any way related to skill, wins/losses or anything competition related
All you have to do is look at the history of the UFC to see you have no idea what you're saying. You don't even need to watch the fights you can literally look up the numbers. Go look up the records of every contender, every champion, and you'll see a pattern. They're winning before they get a title fight and to hold onto the belt they have to continue to win.

Maybe one or two guys in the history of the UFC have gotten a title shot after a loss, the only one I can think of right now would be Nick Diaz after he lost to Carlos Condit then faced GSP.

The thing is it doesn't matter how marketable they are if they can't win fights. Being a fan favorite can carry them for a while but it always comes back to winning if they're going to get in the top 5 and get a title fight. You can be the most marketable guy ever but if you lose too many fights you're looking at getting cut.

Even if Dana just gives them a title fight(which doesn't happen if they're not winning) they still have to win to get the belt and continue to win to hold onto it.

Guys who win fights are marketable. Its the same as boxing everyone wants to see the guys who are undefeated. They can market anyone who is winning. Yeah there's occasionally guys like Jon Fitch who won a lot and literally nobody wants to see them fight but I can really only think of a couple times that has happened.
>>
Mike Russow - Wed, 02 Sep 2015 16:20:27 EST wAJK7Kco No.56384 Reply
>>56381
Sonnen loses to Spider for the belt, then moves up to a weight that he hasn't fought at in 8 years and challenges Jones for the belt, all because Sonnen cut a promo on Jones - and yes, I'm using wrestling terminology on purpose.

Dave Meltzer has said Dana would rather have a guy like McGregor, who is media friendly, be the champ than Aldo...
>>
Tom Lawlor - Fri, 04 Sep 2015 21:46:41 EST Gv8ayJGX No.56388 Reply
>>56384
Exactly, remember next time you see some guy just appear out of nowhere for the belt because of celebrity remember the UFC literally has over 500 fighters signed, that's a lot of people gritting it out in the trenches who are unknowns who worked their way to a championship (and finally the chance to make some real money) who will be pissed Johnny Media Shit-talker parachutes in and takes their chance at the belt.
>>
Paul Daley - Fri, 04 Sep 2015 21:50:10 EST LZ7RjxAl No.56389 Reply
>>56388

CM punk will fight a can and be upped to a belt match the next fight. He's bigger than McGregor and hasnt even fought yet in ufc

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.