Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Mountain Kung Fu Masters

- Fri, 13 Nov 2015 06:26:05 EST Z99ipDCG No.56455
File: 1447413965022.jpg -(20479B / 20.00KB, 400x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Mountain Kung Fu Masters
Are there actually Kung Fu masters like Pei Mei from Kill Bill 2 around anymore?
Like dudes who live in the mountains and only live for Kung Fu or whatever it is they do?

MASTERS!!!
>>
Vitor Belfort - Sat, 14 Nov 2015 21:12:02 EST 1hLY4hZQ No.56463 Reply
>>56455
I know there are still tweakers that live in the desert and live only for meth. It's not martial arts or kung fu but they will stab you if you for no reason.
>>
Lorenzo Fertitta - Sun, 15 Nov 2015 00:53:13 EST ovU2taRn No.56471 Reply
I wanna know this too. That kind of stuff is probably not possible these days but are there people close to that around?
>>
Zoila Frausto - Sun, 15 Nov 2015 09:34:30 EST fAO0dU6L No.56496 Reply
I read an article on
>cracked
about how the Kung Fu school in the mountains thing still exists. Schools look for ways to provoke each other, talk shit and fight. China is a huge place with a shitload of mountains, plus there are many places with almost no modern technology, so the idea of hermits and his students isn't farfetched.
>>
[name redacted] !h55/E7mIo6 - Sun, 15 Nov 2015 09:51:26 EST LDts4lbZ No.56498 Reply
Haven't seen Kill Bill 2 in year so I'm not sure if I've got what you're talking about but there's places in China where they are still really in to martial arts. One of my friends had to travel around all different places for some sports/martial arts degree thing and one of the places he went to was some Shaolin place in China where he was telling me you'd get woken up at 5:30 am by kids practicing punches and stuff all in a row, and the stuff would go on all day. I'm not sure if he mentioned if it's a lifetime thing or maybe just like a couple of months summer camp type thing they sign up for but it would be cool to try out for a bit.
>>
Nate Quarry - Sun, 15 Nov 2015 16:39:09 EST lNM/9i+X No.56505 Reply
>>56455
Thailand, Laos, China, Japan yes plenty of 'grandmasters' who just do martial arts in the jungle or mountains all day, especially all the monks.

The head of our flip martial arts style was a 70yr old dude who lived in the Cebu jungle and you could pay him to train 1 on 1. When you showed up he taught Arnis/Balintawak beside a waterfall with handmade bamboo sticks in the middle of nowhere.

Thailand full of these guys too, find some tiny village and a monk will be teaching Muay Thai. In China lot's of them are Qi Gong fruityloops kind of crouching dragon Kung Fu nonsense but they use swords and other weapons. Japan one of the "official" Ninja lineage masters has his own sushi restaurant where he slices the thinnest cuts with hand forged swords and knives. Not really a remote mountain
>>
Diego Sanchez - Fri, 20 Nov 2015 01:54:22 EST 9UdNhjY/ No.56545 Reply
>>56507
I dunno about the hermits, but I've seen some oldies that impressed me. There was the 70-year old monk that sparred with Walt Missingham in his documentary on Shaolin. The old feller kept slipping around behind Walt so he couldn't even stay facing him. Walt kept stopping and looking around for him, lol.

There used to be a Youtube of a 70-year old Wing Chun master in a street fight with a young guy who ripped his shirt off and jumped at him. The old guy sort of shoved him mid-jump and he landed on his ass. Then he offers a hand up and when the young guy takes it he boots the kid right in the face, HA! There's an old saying that "Old age and treachery will overcome youth and exuberance".

There's footage of Morehei Uyeshiba and Ip Man in their 80's but that's hard to judge unless you know what to look for, because Morehei is doing that co-operative randori where they throw themselves, and Ip is just working a wooden dummy and doing forms. So you'd probably have to be familiar with the styles before you could judge what you're seeing.

I don't know how this translates into fighting, but I'll bet there's no other guy his age who can push him around, lol. I'd be happy to be able to do this at any age.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riYXQpagyWQ
>>
Scott Jorgensen - Mon, 15 Feb 2021 04:24:52 EST O/9UyWhh No.58340 Reply
Chuck Norris. He's 80 years old and pretty sure he's still active in it.
>>
Andy Wang - Thu, 18 Feb 2021 08:38:00 EST dWqcspyK No.58341 Reply
There's Gene LeBell, he's old enough to have fought in the first modern MMA match, against a boxer, and beaten Bruce Lee AND Steven Seagal.
Seagal in particular evacuated his bowels.

There's a few guy who are at that "ancient master" age, out of the really good masters, there's Fumio Demura, Dan Inosanto, Benny Urquidez, Bill Wallace, Tak Kubota, Leo T. Fong, Susana Ho Cheuk Har, Cynthia Rothrock, Hwang Jang-lee and Ron Van Clief.

As far as the monastic or hermit lifestyle goes, Mas Oyama famously spent 3 years up a mountain punching trees and lifting rocks and standing in ice cold streams like a mad lad. I think Tony Jaa has spent time in a monastery.
>>
Sarah Kaufman - Sun, 21 Mar 2021 19:27:34 EST TqeWJ/l1 No.58344 Reply
Being excellent in The Martial Art is quite easy. Have you ever heard of Tai Chi? It is about the most fun way to exercise, and is very much worthwhile. I am a general noncombatant instructor. Kung Fu means Power Method. So basically you're asking if STAR WARS NERDS are REAL :| We have lots of indulgences, acts of devotion to Freedom, Peace, & well, "drugs"; There are three instructions for your own Kung Fu Expertise: follow the advisor, fulfill your "Stench", & have a GREAT FUCKKIN TIME!
>>
Dextrolord - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 10:59:52 EST DVKRZUag No.58402 Reply
>>58367
Have y'all ever heard of monks?? I think that would b the closest thing to that, like they live in the mountains and meditate and probly practice martial arts and all sorts of other things a "master living in the mountains" would do
>>
DaMarques Johnson - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 10:16:55 EST V/zYGzK+ No.58403 Reply
Hi OP. I'm a Kung Fu mountain master myself 3rd degree black belt. I have a license to kill, and 1,000 monks living in my cave doing hard meditations with out the use of alcohol or drugs for they are too powerful for it's effects. We have only had 3 fatalities in our ranks since our inception into my momentary. Life's been good though meditation is a ruling factor of interpretation we could go with out. This one time we beat up a Chinese kid and a marine blind folded because such is the way of man.
User is currently banned from all boards

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.