Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Now Playing on /mma/tube -

RIP Jose Aldo's UFC career

- Sun, 04 Jun 2017 01:09:28 EST JndLd2XF No.57760
File: 1496552968984.jpg -(246975B / 241.19KB, 1920x1280) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. RIP Jose Aldo's UFC career
Holloway just completely destroyed Aldo. I agreed with Aldo when he got dicked around for a couple years straight instead of getting his rematch against McGregor, but it's pretty clear his posturing and gambits failed in the end. Think he gets cut on Monday? Bellator's been making a small bit of headway on UFC's market share so I'm not sure if Dana will still cut fighters out of spite anymore instead of making them languish through the rest of their contract. Either way, Aldo's never getting another title shot in the UFC after this. Too bad Dana's stuck carrying McGregor's jockstrap so he can get embarrassed by Mayweather for one last huge payday before he retires, because seeing Holloway-McGregor could have been a huge UFC main event.
>>
CM Punk (Team Asuka) !uhdacqdci6 - Sun, 04 Jun 2017 18:50:03 EST vrEWpBpo No.57762 Reply
First of all, no way UFC cuts Aldo. If anything, I think Aldo will leave UFC. It's not like Holloway is some pushover. He made some serious mistakes and let Holloway ruin him while he tried to coast like he used to (he also conspicuously wasn't throwing any kicks, a few journalists are speculating Aldo might have been hurt going into the cage). Aldo destroyed Frankie Edgar, who I think would have a good chance of beating Holloway. If Edgar does get the title, that makes Aldo a good rematch that could be made in a snap.

Aldo, on the other hand, has been desperately trying to follow Conor McGregor for a big money rematch by trying to get a boxing license and training for a boxing match. He doesn't like UFC except when UFC doesn't like Conor. Right now, Dana is trying to make MayMac (which I HIGHLY doubt will happen), so Aldo probably doesn't care too much for them.

Holloway vs McGregor wasn't going to happen almost no matter what. The 145 weight cut post-USADA is just a bit too much. I don't think Conor can make the weight anymore. Besides, he's already one of the three that beat Holloway, so he'd just say "I already beat him, I got nothing to prove," and move on to another money fight with Nate Diaz.
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Mon, 05 Jun 2017 10:53:24 EST hqx9s+qu No.57764 Reply
>>57762
He'd probably go to Bellator if UFC is never going to give him his rematch with Conor.
>>
Cole Konrad - Tue, 06 Jun 2017 14:40:25 EST xZQ0Smk3 No.57768 Reply
>>57764

Conor's never going back to 145. When the asked Aldo to fight Conor at 155 he said no
>>
Chad Mendes - Thu, 15 Jun 2017 01:28:16 EST Y+M4VC9O No.57774 Reply
>>57760
>Dana is trying to make MayMac (which I HIGHLY doubt will happen)

lol
>>
CM Punk (Team Asuka) !uhdacqdci6 - Thu, 15 Jun 2017 08:45:45 EST vrEWpBpo No.57776 Reply
>>57774
Yep, I'm eating a lot of crow. I severely underestimated the mainstream interest in it and Showtime's willingness to put enough money forward to make everybody happy.
>>
Ben Henderson - Thu, 15 Jun 2017 22:03:19 EST Y+M4VC9O No.57778 Reply
>>57776
It's ALL good buddy, I was just checking out this board and it is SLOW. Enjoy the fight brother, even if it is a joke.
>>
Pat Healy - Sat, 17 Jun 2017 02:07:45 EST XsXt8CHw No.57782 Reply
>>57764
>give him his rematch with Conor.
Unfortunately he lost a lot of his leverage for a rematch. After he lost he was saying that he would fight Connor any time any place.
IIRC someone dropped out of a fight with Connor, they asked him if he wanted the fight. Abet on short notice.
And Mr. 'Any time, any place', said no.
>>
Yuji Shimada - Sat, 24 Jun 2017 17:14:04 EST VRLuk+B+ No.57793 Reply
>>57772

Bullshit excuse. Every Brazilian is on their death bed before walking to the cage if you believe any of what they say.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.