Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Now Playing on /mma/tube -

starting MMA soon

- Tue, 22 Sep 2020 09:05:30 EST DOSmjmIh No.58311
File: 1600779930882.png -(277827B / 271.32KB, 370x528) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. starting MMA soon
hey guys, so I'm not necessarily new to martial arts. I have a black belt in taekwondo, and did boxing for a few months before leaving. now I really want to start doing MMA. I've practiced on some kicks and on my stance from muay thai at home, and I'm planning to join an MMA gym soon. I was wondering if I needed to know anything else before I go to a gym. I'll appreciate if u guys link me videos, etc.
>>
[name redacted] !h55/E7mIo6 - Tue, 22 Sep 2020 13:56:34 EST wY3tXmHJ No.58312 Reply
There's probably not too much to worry about since your coach will probably teach you the basics anyway once you get there. When you get taken down, try not to catch yourself with your hand/arm because you can break your wrist/arm pretty easy by doing that. I guess you could practice breakfalls, but I wouldn't say they're necessary.

Also I'm not sure if it's in boxing or TKD as well, but I usually like to keep my vision on the opponent's chest. Then you've got their shoulders, head, hips and upper thighs in your peripheral vision, so can usually see both punches and kicks coming. It also helps me keep my chin down as well, since I'm usually looking down. If you're against newer people you can sometimes tell what they're doing based on where they look, like they'll look down at your legs before they throw a leg kick, but more experienced people will use that to throw you off, like looking down and then punching straight. I just find it safer to not play that game and avoid eye contact.

There's so much stuff in terms of grappling, that it's probably easier for you to start, then work out where you're having problems. I guess don't be afraid to ask questions about anything you get caught with would be my best advice. In my classes I usually like to leave 10-15 minutes after rolling at the end of every class, and ask everyone if there are any positions they get stuck in or anywhere they had trouble, so we can go through them real quickly together while it's fresh in their mind.
>>
Ricardo Almeida - Sat, 31 Oct 2020 09:15:12 EST dWqcspyK No.58318 Reply
Practice bridging from your neck, like a wrestler. You'll thank me later when people start choking you.
Sprawl both your legs away from a wrestler's shoot for the legs, put them in a guillotine lift. All the other defences against a tackle fail pretty hard against a real MMA or wrestler's takedown. Any other stance will let them take a leg, and a single leg takedown is a thing.
Remember to catch a low kick with your shin, don't just block it, catch it and throw it back.

With the homogenisation of styles in MMA, you should focus on five skills:
1: Defending against boxing hands
2: Blocking muay thai low kicks
3: stuffing the shoot with a sprawl
4: reversing the mount
5: passing the guard

For videos, I'd recommend going to Youtube, fiddling with the filters, and watching any 20 minute plus instructional video with Bas Rutten, or anyone whose name is Gracie or Machado.

Please ignore Master Wong, Freddies Modern Kung Fu, Phil Elmore, Scottbaioisdead, or anyone from Bullshido.
>>
Leonard Garcia - Wed, 20 Jan 2021 21:06:03 EST z9500RZL No.58331 Reply
>>58311
Yeah, don't go thay stance if you are comfortable in the side stance, but keep the fucking hands up.
Mix well punches with kicks (kicks and punches is harder, but with fakes works wonders)
They grab you, is gg

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.