Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Now Playing on /mtv/tube -

How come nobody likes Finn?

- Sun, 17 Nov 2019 23:17:24 EST d3Sg+wpf No.411621
File: 1574050644056.jpg -(3464607B / 3.30MB, 4096x1716) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. How come nobody likes Finn?
Rey -- Practically the hero for a new generation of children who want to dress up as her for Halloween and would likely remember her fondly as many of the older generations remember Luke and Han. While her character is nothing more than the female equivalent of both aforementioned ones,it still seems likely that she will be remembered in the greater scope of the Star Wars franchise.

Poe -- While not necessarily the most memorable character. I still see a fair amount of kids dress like him for Halloween and still seems to be somewhat popular with audiences.

Then you have...

Finn -- Who at this point should have died in The Last Jedi only because it seems like nobody, not even the targeted audience that they were trying to appeal to, seems to give two flying fucks about this character. The left over merchendise I see in stores always seem to be his figures.

Why the fuck do people not seem to like Finn? Is it just because he's black? Or is it because of some other reason? Finn almost feels like the character of Booster in Jingle All the Way. You know, nobody likes you Finn.
>>
John Candy - Mon, 18 Nov 2019 03:53:28 EST oa2mmJAW No.411637 Reply
I don't like Finn because he's a Star War character and therefore shit.
>>
Steven Speilberg - Mon, 18 Nov 2019 08:53:32 EST K+JAA4tm No.411642 Reply
1574085212020.png -(66199B / 64.65KB, 1024x742) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>411621
According to the only reasonably objective source (ie an actual professional poll) on character popularity I could find, Finn is tied with BB-8 as the most favorably viewed new-trilogy character.

Accoring to a less-objective source, a Rotten Tomatoes internet poll, Finn is the third-most popular new-trilogy character and ahead of both Poe and BB-8.
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/star-wars-poll/

I'm curious what actually motivated you to make this thread.
>>
Gina Torres - Mon, 18 Nov 2019 09:04:14 EST IBJAbzvX No.411644 Reply
>>411642
I already like the main dude in Mandalorian more than any characters from the Disney era films. And the whacky robot droid in ep 1 was a cooler baddie than Kylo Ren.
>>
Sopie Aldred - Mon, 18 Nov 2019 09:48:11 EST u+SQmS1M No.411645 Reply
He's very shallow and doesn't have any traits or skills that make him stand out. Except for being a storm trooper for a bit I guess.

He's that forgettable guy who's always following around the gang of cool kids, and they tolerate him because he compulsively pays for their drinks because he desperately wants to be part of the group. But in the end he never will be, because he's just a boring dude who just does whatever seems popular at the moment but doesn't have any identity of his own.
>>
Dirk Hardpec - Mon, 18 Nov 2019 15:21:23 EST gcuRAUfb No.411654 Reply
>>411645

This, and to me because he doesn't make sense. If all stormtroopers are clones of Jango Fett how the hell is he black? I have no issues with black people, but hate media using black characters just to appease current racial tensions. It's stupid. I don't mind black characters, but they have to make sense.

I may be wrong about all stormtroopers being clones, but he's generally boring and there's nothing to him. And the guy isn't that great an actor/is directed badly.
>>
Buff Hardback - Mon, 18 Nov 2019 16:05:53 EST ermhIRMv No.411655 Reply
>>411654
the clone troopers were all clones of jango fett but they all died in the clone wars or were old ass men by that point, the empire recruited bumble fuck nobodies from every planet they could to be stormtroopers

I havn't even seen any of these new movies and I know this why don't angry star wars fans
>>
Norville Barnes - Mon, 18 Nov 2019 16:27:20 EST xEBFum+a No.411656 Reply
I'll bet Star Wars fandom skews white. That would explain the lack of Finn costumes. I don't know why fans in general don't take to him, assuming that's even true, but it's not because he has no character. None of the characters are real characters.
>>
Jane Espenson - Mon, 18 Nov 2019 17:55:27 EST Vgw9x5b0 No.411657 Reply
I liked him in TFA but wish he wasn’t around in TLJ. Maybe the fact that the actor is always spewing annoying, obnoxious bullshit poisoned my opinion of the character between films. IDK. I hope he dies in the new one.
>>
Shiro - Mon, 18 Nov 2019 18:29:40 EST X8dZ32KR No.411659 Reply
>Halloween
>Kids not dressing as Finn
>Black kids arent Star Wars demographic
>Black face is now considered race
>white kid dresses as Finn without black face no one knows who he is
>>
Jackie Earle Haley - Mon, 18 Nov 2019 21:49:22 EST Ty0i0FEo No.411665 Reply
>>411657
I liked all those characters in TFA and then Star Wars shat in my mouth over and over and over and over and I don't even care that another movie is coming out and just found out today about this tv show thing.
>>
Señor Chang - Tue, 19 Nov 2019 06:57:45 EST qf/75Hxy No.411676 Reply
He was the shit in Attack the Block. Give us more of that and less of him having to play damage control on social media for a dead on arrival IP and we're golden.

The roadman ting certainly helps.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.