Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Now Playing on /mtv/tube -

Utopia

- Thu, 01 Oct 2020 11:11:43 EST FsuK91S3 No.416843
File: 1601565103289.webm [mp4] -(7609997B / 7.26MB, 2560x1426) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Utopia
Amazon put out a remake of this show I liked and I fucking hate it.

There are a few distinct improvements. I much prefer the characterization of Arby, and the presence of Rainn Wilson, but almost every major change to events or the story is complete dogshit.
It comes across as very edgelordy, a problem the original didn't have despite the same level of violence. It's really lacking the levity that's supposed to make it a black comedy and that just feels stuffy.
It has minor visual improvements but overall its style is a big downgrade, especially in the score department.

I think Amazon's has a big edge on the introductory episode, which it split into two. I do recommend the first two episodes but the issue is that it's two episodes and that doesn't sound like an efficient time investment to me.

Therefore I recommend people take the opportunity instead to watch the original. It is excellent.
>>
Elia Kazan - Thu, 01 Oct 2020 17:41:18 EST cLu4eQ+Y No.416848 Reply
I don't even want to watch that remake but I might end up watching to see how they fuck it up. Season 1 was fucking great, season 2 had its moments but overall wasn't as good. Still a great show even for just the visuals.
>>
Christoper Turk - Thu, 01 Oct 2020 20:12:18 EST E2UBjlHy No.416850 Reply
1601597538965.jpg -(106643B / 104.14KB, 1280x544) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I'm glad people are talking about this show again. Haven't seen the remake in fairness, I hear it's not very good, either way I recommend everybody watch the original.

>>416848
>season 2 overall wasn't as good
I think season 2 settled into a rhythm whereas in season 1 you never had any idea where the show was going next. That constant sense of dread kind of died away after the big mystery had basically been revealed.
I did really like the prequel episode in season 2 though
>>
Blix - Fri, 02 Oct 2020 05:15:29 EST vO7SoUGE No.416856 Reply
Wish they would've just made season 3. They probably could still get most of the cast back on board too. Such a great show, cut short.
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Fri, 02 Oct 2020 11:41:21 EST VFxduu0H No.416860 Reply
It sucks that we never got to see how David Fincher would have adapted the show on HBO.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.