Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Top Gun

- Tue, 14 Jun 2022 14:36:35 EST tLLX3OLE No.422177
File: 1655231795490.png -(618132B / 603.64KB, 1200x899) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Top Gun
Just saw the new Top Gun and laughed the whole way. What a dumb fucking movie. Great. The movie literally opens with Tom Cruise out of character telling the audience that the movie is actually good and you should enjoy it because of air plane scenes.

And the movie was almost only air plane scenes. Everything in between the plane scenes was so fucking bad that you will laugh out loud. But it was the perfect amoutn of camp to be honest. The entire final sequence is great.
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Tue, 14 Jun 2022 15:42:33 EST VTTgKRPL No.422178 Reply
1655235753911.gif -(10622792B / 10.13MB, 540x229) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
It wasn't that hard for Maverick to be better than the first film but it sure exceeded my expectations and even the non-airplane scenes (it does help they got the technology now to make that shit look good and the actors had to go through rigorous training for their roles) were better than the first film like when Rooster and Hangman got into it and had to be separated during their briefing since Hangman mentioned Goose's death, the scene with Maverick and Iceman, and of course the dogfight football scene being this film's beach volleyball scene.

Tom Cruise is remarkable still putting his body on the line at almost 60 but he's a hard worker I'll give him that and I thought he did a good job playing a pilot who's not ready to retire but having one last hurrah while trying to protect Rooster. Jennifer Connelly's Penny is basically what Kelly McGillis' Charlotte was in the first film but I found Charlotte to be a better love interest more so since Connelly is a better actress and after seeing her performance in Requiem for a Dream, she's got it.

Glen Powell is also underrated in being able to play both a cocky asshole like his roles on Scream Queens and in Everybody Wants Some as well as serious but likeable in Hidden Figures and I liked him as Hangman basically being the Iceman to the Maverick of Miles Teller's Rooster. While I really haven't seen a lot of Teller's body of work aside from Insurgent and Allegiant, I was surprised how well he played Rooster and he truly does look like his character's father Goose.
>>
Master Pycelle - Tue, 14 Jun 2022 19:33:57 EST tLLX3OLE No.422180 Reply
>>422178
Im shocked you liked the not plane scenes. that beach football scene was one of the funniest parts of the whole movie to me. Everything that wasnt in a plane was absolute B movie shit. Which is why its fun though.
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 08:05:03 EST VFxduu0H No.422181 Reply
>>422180
Yeah the beach football scene was one of the funniest parts while also serving its purpose of building team camaraderie amongst the pilots.
>>
Blast Hardcheese - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 13:05:26 EST gRW2XnEu No.422183 Reply
seeing it later today, in a few hours.

Will decide if the hype is real or not
>>
Ken Loach - Thu, 16 Jun 2022 23:52:29 EST dkFdhYjj No.422184 Reply
yeah, it’s dope.

IMAX was a must.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.