Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Recession soon fellow STALKER

- Wed, 14 Aug 2019 18:42:06 EST xlt30iDE No.178201
File: 1565822526096.jpg -(32630B / 31.87KB, 814x294) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Recession soon fellow STALKER
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/14/investing/dow-stock-market-today/index.html

So DOW dropped 3% in one day after hitting the long awaited 27,000 point mark. China derates their currency. Germany shows markers it is nearing or going into recession. And a prediction measure that has typically been accurate in the past shows the US is headed for a recession as well. What is the response? Cut interest rates more to artificially prop up the economy so that when it does crash, it has even further to fall.
>>
Wesley Gucklekeg - Wed, 14 Aug 2019 18:50:00 EST +8irr0Qf No.178204 Reply
1565823000607.jpg -(36639B / 35.78KB, 600x722) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>create world economic clusterfuck by tariff warring everyone including own allies
>compensate lowered trade volume by devaluing own currency
Genius!
>>
Beatrice Blackhood - Wed, 14 Aug 2019 20:18:29 EST 4scaaRdR No.178207 Reply
the day i look most forward to is the day of Drumpf's death. i hope it is painful.
>>
Charles Blittingdock - Wed, 14 Aug 2019 20:18:34 EST bw1ZSoAX No.178208 Reply
>>178201
Typical. GOP fucks it up for everyone, a dem comes in to fix the mess and they catch all the blame and then once it's good again the people seem to forget who fucked it all up to begin with and vote GOP again. We gotta break the cycle and hammer republicans on their repeated failures.
>>
Polly Hangernut - Thu, 15 Aug 2019 05:22:13 EST 2frQs8IP No.178222 Reply
1565860933722.gif -(597515B / 583.51KB, 320x213) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
DICKS EVERYWHERE
>>
Lydia Turveyfuck - Thu, 15 Aug 2019 19:40:21 EST 8NqwBF8s No.178244 Reply
>>178208
People who vote GOP don't care about economics. They only care about putting minorities in their place. If the entire country has to suffer for it, so be it.
>>
Sidney Clerrystock - Thu, 15 Aug 2019 19:47:34 EST PDFf8NL/ No.178246 Reply
>>178244
Jesus Christ as if obombers 9001 wars had nothing to do with propping up the economy. Your countries 2 party system is maximum gay.
>>
Sidney Clerrystock - Thu, 15 Aug 2019 19:48:32 EST PDFf8NL/ No.178247 Reply
>>178246
Clinton bush and obombers smiling together on a boat.jpeg
>>
Sidney Fozzlefark - Fri, 16 Aug 2019 05:40:58 EST tlilhxRg No.178260 Reply
The weird thing is that the Dutch economy is growing and projected to keep on growing. So I'm going to have a weird situation where Trump and Brexit is going to kill the American and British economy, but the Dutch economy is doing fine.

Shiiiit nigga, if this keeps up, I'm going to invest a lot of money.
>>
Alice Parringhall - Fri, 16 Aug 2019 09:30:49 EST WL3e2fsO No.178263 Reply
1565962249846.png -(34459B / 33.65KB, 850x639) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Guess what: if the media is running nonstop articles about a recession when the SPX tests it's 200 day on an OX week, then it's just trying to fear bait people into selling their 401Ks.

This is still quantitatively a healthy bull market by every measurment. Also: a recession is very clearly defined as two consecutive quarters of negative growth, and all forward PE projections indicate positive growth for the remainder of the year. Fuck media "journalists" who think recessions are subjective emotional things driven by twitter hashtags. Fucking hacks.

Also fuck the DOW. It's an ancient relic from another century that can swing 500 points in a day and mean absolutely nothing. Also the components of the DOW are cherry-picked in an almost arbitrary way. Just more media fearbaiting. Don't fall for their bullshit.
>>
Basil Fussletadge - Fri, 16 Aug 2019 14:42:01 EST z+T6Y+9K No.178264 Reply
>>178263
Plus the Dow is the smallest of the 3 major indexes. The S&P only tracks the 500 biggest companies, and the NASDAQ is geared more toward tech/boutique stocks. They’re about the least useful indicators of economic health.
>>
Nicholas Geddlestudging - Fri, 16 Aug 2019 18:42:54 EST msWo+4On No.178265 Reply
1565995374035.png -(130457B / 127.40KB, 1200x712) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>Hey Delano hold my beer you crippled faggot.
>>
Esther Sullerwire - Fri, 16 Aug 2019 22:57:15 EST +8irr0Qf No.178269 Reply
>>178263
>then it's just trying to fear bait people into selling their 401Ks.
This is unironically a trumptard talking point. He just wasted our goddam taxpayer money to stage a huge rally where he was trying to tell people "if you don't vote for me they'll take your 401ks!"

Translation: my disastrous policies are about to fuck everyone economically and I'm already finding scapegoats

That fat orange faggot also ballooned our national debt worse than literally any president in the history of entire United States. Notice how national debt is never mentioned anymore? That is why. Fuck you and fuck your orange clown.
>>
Nathaniel Blathershaw - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 14:49:40 EST xlt30iDE No.178342 Reply
1566154180547.png -(60238B / 58.83KB, 1280x425) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>178269
Well the national debt doesn't really mean a whole lot. It also went up precipitously under the last few years of Obama.

It went from about 10 trillion in 08 to 18 trillion in 16. Then it is now at about 22 trillion so Trump hasn't sped it up or slowed it down much. It is about on track to what Obama did so it isn't really a newsworthy topic.

The real thing here though is if you compare the metrics that actually matter.

>US debt is skyrocketing in every single facet you can imagine.
Cars cost far more than ever.
Housing costs far more than ever.
Student Debt is a whole new level of debt people are being consumed by. And you can't even default on it.
Credit card debt for the average American is at 10,000 dollars. I've seen figures of the average household being on the hook for right at 200,000 dollars between cars, student loans, and mortgages. The average American is retardedly deep in negative net worth.

You can look at other factors that count for a coming recession. The Fed is interest cutting rates. Again for some stupid fucking reason. Renting and buying a home are both about equal now, which is to say outrageously costly. Car loans have been extended out 7-8 years on terms. The car will be worth nothing when you are still paying on it. Automakers are finding it near impossible to sell cars as everybody wants a bougie ass truck or SUV. The Auto industry has always been my personal marker for an incoming economic collapse. So I relate a lot of my basis to it. And just from anecdotal experience, people at the age of young twenties coming out of school and getting jobs right now are having 2-3 kids, buying a bunch of toys and shit, and not paying for it on time, credit, and overtime work. The typical 20-something I've seen is working 50-60 hours a week and working 6 days a week. Fucking everyone I know personally works 12 hour days, 6 days a week. I also keep my eyes open on the loggers and subdivisions. I worked in a local zoning and planning office with some inspector duties and shit. I know one county near me like the back of my hand and I know where a lot of hidden subdivisions that never got developed but were cut out in 07-08 at the height of the economy. I may sound crazy but watch the loggers mayne. Loggers right now are running load after load after load all around the clock. Subdivisions are getting cut and cleared all over the place. The old abandoned cuts are being built on and McMansions are going in their place. It's funny, these subdivisions have sat vacant for a decade and the asphalt has eroded badly but brand spanking new houses are being stacked in there but the roads and curbs look like they are from the 60's.

Subdivisions never get cut and built but during bubbles. Loggers never run wide ass open unless the mills are paying. And usually they aren't paying unless you're in a bubble. And locally at least, loggers are fucking everywhere and subdivisions are being slapped together like no tomorrow. Likely because there isn't for the building contractors. I was on one inspection a couple weeks ago before this report even happened and was talking to a regional building firm big-wig. He has 5 different grading outfits running on the same cut right now trying to get as many bodies into homes as possible and get them locked into mortgages before it busts. Normally he wouldn't be doing but 1 grader outfit for the whole lot and be paying lowest bidders. I know it is anecdotal and all but me thinks some shit is coming soon. The auto industry looks like utter shit, consumer debt is just going balls to the wall, and folks are building and clearing for shit like never before. A local town hadn't had a single new commercial food installation in 3 1/2 years. They had 5 put in within the past 6 months.

Makes me leary yo.
>>
Graham Pipperdock - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 17:17:27 EST +8irr0Qf No.178345 Reply
1566163047619.png -(57712B / 56.36KB, 1000x743) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>178342
Yeah, because the crash happened at the end of 08 and then Obama eventually started TARP and the bailouts in like 2009-10 which is where you see the debt suddenly go through the roof. Pretty funny how you only show it up to 2016, which you'll notice it started stabilizing slightly towards end of his presidency. Now notice how it immediately starts shooting through roof again.

Republicans literally killing this country in every area
>>
Oliver Tillingspear - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 20:57:47 EST xlt30iDE No.178352 Reply
>>178345
Not good at reading charts eh? It dips for a year just marginally. If you look at that graph, the trend/projection stays the same. You can't say someone did something for 7 years and it was always the same and still in the same breath the last year it dropped slightly and then go all, "Well we didn't have a chance to see what would happen! It would have been totally different."

And also as I said, the national debt is utterly meaningless. Especially when metrics related to it are unincluded. You don't see GDP vs National Debt or anything like that. Like I said, National Debt is just some boogeyman thing people don't understand. The vast majority of the US Debt isn't even owed money it is just valueless calls and stupid shit like that. It is like the people who say China owns us. They don't own hardly anything of our national Debt and are barely even that big on our trade scale. We do 6% of exports and 17% imports. And what we import from China is just utter shit like crappy lawn chairs you find in fucking Walmart. The consumerist lackey's see Made in China stamped on everything but think that is the economy. While trinkets and stupid consumerist shit comes from China our industries have little to do with them.

You also can't tell me any of the bailouts were worthwhile or necessary. It is the free market isn't it? Why should a bunch of stupid entitled corporate fucks get so many fucking handouts at the expense of the tax payers? You people are just blinded by partisan politics. If Bush had done the bailouts it would have been the government in bed with corporate America and giving them even more money. But if a Democrat does it... Well it is just peaches and roses. Corporate welfare is bad no matter who does it. Fuck off with your party politics and double think you ignorant twat.
>>
Alice Nicklebanks - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 21:54:40 EST 9DSxKIX/ No.178354 Reply
Once everyone realizes that their paychecks haven't increased and that nothing Trump promised in terms of wages has happened, the folks who actually did vote in last election WILL vote for democratic. It's the farmers and coal miners who Trump broke all his promises to that will cost him this election most likely. I mean he certainly did fool the lot of them, but he's not fooling anybody this time. People don't really give a shit about immigrants and a wall and his views, they care about what's in their pockets, at least the voting majority does. That's what I believe anyways.
>>
Shit Bendlekit - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 21:58:22 EST 3Odo9IR+ No.178355 Reply
>>178354
2020 is the election not where someone wins, but who loses. Democrats working fucking HARD to make sure they alienate everyone but the mythical Republican who will vote Democrat. Combine that with a primary where the party clearly would rather lose then shift left, and you have an election where Trump may win.
>>
Alice Nicklebanks - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 22:00:40 EST 9DSxKIX/ No.178356 Reply
>>178352
He's going on and on about China this and China that, and saying how everyone HAS to vote for him or the economy will crash. The people who vote are the working middle and lower class who voted for him last election because he told them he was going to save their jobs and increase their income. Dude didn't do any of that, he broke all his promises. In the end, nobody gives a shit about corporate bailouts, nobody seemed to give a shit that Trump has kept eroding the middle class while giving tax breaks to the top 1%. The most important thing is that he broke his promises to the workers of the country. The white supremacists going to these rallies aren't WORKERS; they have so much free time because they are mostly KIDS. I know you think it's so, so partisan because on the internet, but it's not partisan when it comes to wages.
>>
Alice Nicklebanks - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 22:03:42 EST 9DSxKIX/ No.178357 Reply
>>178355
No, it's the workers of the US who voted for Trump this last election who absolutely will not be voting for him again. It's actually HIGHLY unlikely that they'll vote for him again. I'm telling you, this circus reflected online is not the reality. It's these people who voted for him because of his promises that WONT vote for him this coming election. That's what will win the democratic runner whoever they turn out to be. We won't have the split between Bernie and Clinton like last election. EVERYONE will go out and vote for whoever the fuck the democrat is. Trust me, these "never lefters" are not the voters.
>>
Alice Nicklebanks - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 22:11:39 EST 9DSxKIX/ No.178358 Reply
>>178355
What won Trump in 2016 was not the views he help, but the promises he made. I know that the most vocal supporters of his views SEEM to be the majority of those who voted for him in 2016, but that's not the case. In the end, it will matter very little about what his views are versus the views of the democrat, whomever it turns out to be, and what will happen is that the people who flipped sides and voted for him last election will flip right back and vote democratic. He can only promise so much without delivering.
>>
Oliver Tillingspear - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 22:13:41 EST xlt30iDE No.178359 Reply
>>178354
I doubt it. Especially given the clowns the Democratic party is pushing. They are all just clones of Trump but on the Left side of things. I voted for Bernie in 2016. This time around though he has just become a fucking retard about shit and trying to mimic Trump in promising stupid shit to further and further small groups of minorities. None of the Dems are appealing to me except maybe Bernie and he is just trying to get the nomination by saying stupid shit that makes no fucking sense.

This new wave of populist thinking where you just try and say whatever this particular crowd likes is fucking annoying. Politics has always done it but now it is just out of hand. But even still, Trump may lose farmers and coal miners but if the economy lasts past November 4th next year, he has a good shot at it just because of fly-over America. Also, if they put up some fucktard for the DNC nomination, it won't go over well. I don't even know, this election will just be utter shit and I'll probably just sit out or vote for whatever lolbertarian is up there.

The Dems will get fucked if they win and get blamed for the failing economy. If Trump wins he may go batshit given he can't be reelected. And if the economy goes to shit it is handed to the dems and then we have to deal with whatever fuckhead they've chosen. Biden has gone fucking senile. Harris is a fascist looking to make a police state. Bernie used to be a good egg but now he is just a populist fuck playing pander party instead of sticking to his values like he originally did in 2016, the rest of the runners are just fucking idiots without experience or are trying to focus on single issue voting which never works out. Beto is alienating the old hand demcratic voters trying to get later aged millenials which aren't a massive voting bloc. And Elizabeth Warren who will never be president.

Like, I don't know what the deal is with the Democrat party. They are facing Trump of fucking all people and they choose to put forward these fucking losers? It is like nominating Clinton. Possibly one of the worst picks you could come up with to face a retarded failure of a businessman. I think the Dems want to lose on the presidential front and hold down congress.
>>
Alice Nicklebanks - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 22:18:54 EST 9DSxKIX/ No.178360 Reply
>>178359
>This new wave of populist thinking where you just try and say whatever this particular crowd likes is fucking annoying.
I'm going to respond to this since it's the bulk of your argument. It's annoying, but if it completely devolves into that, then it will work out for the Democrats. You see, since Trump promised it last but didn't deliver, then people will vote for the opposite side because they hope that THEY will deliver. It might very well be the case that whoever the Democrat is has as many empty promises as Trump (unlikely), but this will still work out in their favor in the end.
>>
Alice Nicklebanks - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 22:23:31 EST 9DSxKIX/ No.178361 Reply
>>178359
Let me also respond to you by saying that, in my opinion, no Democrat is as bankrupt as Trump. It is highly unlikely, even if they are resorting to populist speech, that they will not have something much more concrete to deliver to the American public. Trump may have in fact changed the way the election game is played, but it's dubious that anyone on the Democratic side will be as empty as him. They will try to get their policies through, and much more competently than anything Trump has managed in his presidency.
>>
William Sirrydale - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 22:26:39 EST g+vb2gyp No.178362 Reply
1566181599801.jpg -(288350B / 281.59KB, 1070x813) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>178359
>Trump may lose farmers and coal miners
There's 3 million people who own farmland in the US.
There's <50,000 coal miners in this country.
Farm owners are less than one percent of the population, coal miners are a hundredth of a percent.

They're only relevant because the media has chosen them to represent the working class as they tend to be landlords or labor aristocracy with reactionary views.
>>
Alice Nicklebanks - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 22:34:28 EST 9DSxKIX/ No.178363 Reply
>>178362
And yet, them and the workers in the rust belt states are the reason for Trump winning in 2016. Don't forget just how close the election was. Clinton still won the popular vote by a large margin. A lot of the other percentage of middle to lower class are democratic voters already. Those that have been impacted by Trump's tax cuts and corporate-leanings are the ones that have been most impacted in these last 3 years.
>>
Oliver Tillingspear - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 22:44:05 EST xlt30iDE No.178364 Reply
>>178360
Well Trump promised an American economy, a vision of it if you will. And some other rash political decisions. He has delivered on all of it or at least an illusion of it. It is stupid but so are the vast majority of Americans. If the economy holds he will be hard to beat. If it doesn't he is gone. Plain and simple, expect a bunch more fuel to the fire on the economy. If Trump has any brains whatsoever he will try and keep a slow upward trend for the economy and not blow his load too early.

But I think the economy will shit the bed in 6-8 months.

>>178361
Well, I honestly doubt the dems will be doing anything other than trying to unfuck the economy if they get elected. And I also doubt they will hold a super majority to get shit passed unfettered. And even then, I like the gridlock to an extent. I don't want either of these shitty parties to hold total power. The country is moving left by the minute. And while I don't necessarily disagree with it, I'm cautious about any change in the political thinking of any nation. I'm glad a bunch of Republicans are holding power on the Supreme Court thanks to Trump. It is about the only good thing he has done. I expect the Republican party to be dead in the water in 10 years and during the transitional phase where Dems hold power for a decade or two, I don't want them to have full power in the most technologically tumultuous times in human history. We're facing post scarcity and runaway global warming and the Democratic party is ultimately still a big corporate holding in this country. They say otherwise but that is the case. And it will always be the case. I don't really know what the answer is other than to ride it out and not get too bothered by it because it is out of everyone's hands.

I also don't think Trump is bankrupt for the record. I think Trump is actually one of the most honest people in politics now. He is there to serve his name, legacy, and narcissism. And nothing more and nothing less. He doesn't mask this at all.

>>178362
I won't disagree with that. Nobody uses Coal here anymore and farming is a corporate dealing now with megafarms and shit. Farmers as you think in your mind as a conception don't exist anymore. Those guys are gone with the wind and aren't coming back. The few still struggling are just wasting time and money trying to hold onto an industry that has changed.

Trump will resonate with people who don't want the system changed radically and people who just aren't on board with this new wave of democratic socialists. Again, if the economy doesn't shit itself, he is going to be hard to beat. 2020 is a game of watching the economy and will be that way the entire time going forward. If the Dems pick Biden they'll have a decent chance of pulling away the office from Trump in 2020. Anyone else is just too polarizing or young or inexperienced. There is a reason the media is pushing Biden so hard. But if the Dems win in 2020, they lose anyways because the economy will fuck up and they'll be blamed for it. Hell if the economy collapses in December 2020, with Trump still in office, they dem nominee will be blamed for it by over half the country. Society is fucking stupid. Otherwise we wouldn't have Trump as president. He wasn't appointed after all. This is what Americans elected.
>>
Alice Nicklebanks - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 22:49:29 EST 9DSxKIX/ No.178365 Reply
>>178364
>Well Trump promised an American economy, a vision of it if you will
Only a vision

>He has delivered on all of it or at least an illusion of it
Just an illusion

Visions and illusions are what get you elected the first time. It doesn't matter that he's been riding the economy, because the middle and the bottom fell out.

>And even then, I like the gridlock to an extent.
There wont be a gridlock as it existed in 2008-2012
>>
Alice Nicklebanks - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 22:53:00 EST 9DSxKIX/ No.178366 Reply
>>178364
This is a trend since the Bush era. He swung in on Bill Clinton's SURPLUS, mind you, and rode that economy slowly until he collapsed just before Obama was elected. Obama spent 8 years repairing the damage and put the economy in an upswing. Trump is again riding that wave of economy before it crashes. What makes this so different is that Trump has been such an awful president that he may, in fact, cause the economy to tank before the next election.
>>
Alice Nicklebanks - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 22:58:51 EST 9DSxKIX/ No.178367 Reply
>>178364
>I'm glad a bunch of Republicans are holding power on the Supreme Court thanks to Trump. It is about the only good thing he has done.
You see, that's confounding to me because Republican conservatives are the ones who voted in Citizens United that recognizes corporations as having the same rights as an individual citizen. They are also the ones who may very well overturn Roe v. Wade. I don't see how the addition of what practically amounts to 2 more republican filled seats is in any way keeping this nation together. In fact, I'd argue it's dividing this nation more than ever. We decided roe v. wade in the 1970s for god's sake.
>>
Jenny Dundlegold - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 23:00:46 EST eYHE1jlP No.178368 Reply
>>178363
>And yet, them and the workers in the rust belt states are the reason for Trump winning in 2016.
Even the "anyone but Hillary" people were a bigger reason Trump was elected. The "build the wall" people, the general alt-right young people / first time voters and the uneducated hillbillies and rednecks that will always vote for whatever turd the republican party shits out, those are the people that elected Trump.

Out of the top five agriculture states only won three.
https://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/
Trump didn't even sweep the rust belt states, the only places he won by any significant margins were the southern states filled with idiots that fell for his bullshit con.
>>
Jenny Dundlegold - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 23:07:43 EST eYHE1jlP No.178369 Reply
1566184063921.jpg -(96747B / 94.48KB, 680x679) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>178364
>If the Dems pick Biden they'll have a decent chance of pulling away the office from Trump in 2020.
Biden is another status quo sandbag that needs to fuck off.

>Republicans are holding power on the Supreme Court thanks to Trump. It is about the only good thing he has done.
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
Alice Nicklebanks - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 23:13:14 EST 9DSxKIX/ No.178370 Reply
>>178368
There were enough states where he won by a percentage margin. If you're going to argue the build the wall people and alt-right young people vote, then I can argue the Bernie Bros and the apathetic youth who didn't vote. However, this time whoever doesn't win the candidacy will likely be put on the Veep ticket. So if Elizabeth Warren or Bernie doesn't win, one of them will be VP (Warren most likely, as if she doesn't win, she will definitely be put on as VP).
>>
Sophie Turveywater - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 23:53:30 EST KXwVN+29 No.178373 Reply
>>178370
>then I can argue the Bernie Bros and the apathetic youth who didn't vote
And I totally agree with you, there were a lot of different factors. My point was that farmers and rust belt workers weren't a magical thing that handed the mighty orange buffoon the presidency.
>this time whoever doesn't win the candidacy will likely be put on the Veep ticket
I'll believe that when I see it. You have to keep in mind that the DNC is almost as afraid of principled progressives as the republicans are.
>>
Oliver Tillingspear - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 23:53:51 EST xlt30iDE No.178374 Reply
>>178365
Well I don't know where you live and all but I keep my ear to the ground and the vision and illusion are going strong still. Until this report got made public and pushed by the media, everyone thought the economy was flawless. It hadn't even crossed their mind of a collapse despite signs being clearly evident.

And I'd wager that like usual, Congress will go red and the presidency blue or the congress stays blue and the presidency stays red. Thus gridlock.

>>178366
Won't hear no argument from me. If anything Trump should have worked to slowing growth after he was elected to make sure it stayed positive but the amplitude lower. The economy is cyclical. The bigger the wave up, the harder the crash.

>>178367
Roe v Wade being overturned is just a political shitfest designed to get you pissed off. SCOTUS isn't going to hear it and abortion rights aren't going to be overturned. The few southern states passing their stupid abortion bills will get overturned in due time and besides, why the fuck are you living in such shitholes anyways? I've lived in the south before and it fucking sucks. The people are stupid and toxic and the climate sucks dick. Not to mention everyone down there is convinced that being a played pawn in a capitalist game makes you a "man." Whatever nigga, get out of here with your hurr I work hard and longer than you so my dick is bigger. I got a ford truck too faggot! Ugh the South needs to be burned once more.

The reason I like the SCOTUS being red is as I said before, it keeps the wacko far leftists in check in the coming few decades. That last bit of checks and balances helps a lot. That is the whole point of our system so that the country doesn't change radically every election. I foresee the next party when the Republican dies out as old hand Democrats vs Democratic Socialists. I mean let's face facts here. We can cry chicken little as Trump is in office but he is the echoing of a dying epoch of this nation. The whole of the West is moving more and more left as I said above. And this isn't necessarily a bad thing but extreme left and extreme right are neither good. I don't want Che calling the shots and I don't want Hitler calling the shots. SCOTUS being able to say fuck off to really far out there shit is a good thing. And I'd rather there be a buffer to slow us down moving into a new era of American politics. You may not like it and you may want rapid change but during these kinds of things there are growing pains. I'm not on board with giving blacks reparation money. I'm not on board with letting literally anyone become an American citizen. I'm not on board with removing arms from the populace. I'm not on board with taxing wealth and ownership of money. I'm not on board with UBI.

Those things are going too far left for me. Just as is banning abortions, shutting down immigration completely, giving corporations tax cuts, and inciting racist groups to violence is going too far right for me. But again, I see Trump as old America's last desperate cry and shot in the dark. Just like with "all the racism" going on, racism is dying out and this is its last feeble scream before it becomes completely socially unacceptable.

>>178369
>Biden is another status quo sandbag that needs to fuck off.
Status quo sells fam. Radical change doesn't. Remember most people that vote are over 30, have their shit invested in the game and have a lot to lose if the system gets changed and it doesn't work out. I was 20 once too and supported far more radical change than I do now that I have money in the bank, a job, and housing and shit like that. It is easy to call out a system that seems unfair when you're just starting out but if you aren't a fucktard, you can actually make it alright in the US. I want a lot of things fixed and changed like the fact that I work 50-60 hours a week for little money and absolutely no benefits and no personal time but I don't want to move towards some UBI socialist utopia. I don't want my money sitting in the bank and stock markets taxed after I've already earned it and given to some whiny 20 year old who is fresh out of college and just now realizing how much life fucking sucks and wants a break that was afforded to no other generation. Again, I got skin in the game and a socialist utopia doesn't sell to me. Just like 1950's America doesn't either.

And to your statement of what am I reading.

What you are reading is again someone who is experience and has spent more time in the world that you. I know that sounds incredibly condescending but it is. You can't talk to me unless you've grown up and understand that the checks and balances system and the gridlock is something to enjoy in this country. If Bernie was given the free reign to do whatever without any limitations, he'd run the US into the dirt in a matter of weeks. Anyone would. This system called globalism is so incredibly intertwined that everything must move at a seemingly glacial pace for everything to function well. It takes years for shit to work and get done. Nothing moves over night like it seems when you are at such a small scale in this world. You, Me, the others here, and 420chan mean nothing. We have no power in the world and the world has little power over us. Everything is just so big and complex that nobody understands it. And when you go to fucking with it in vast and simple terms, shit happens unexpectedly. Just like all our active measures to stop climate change have strange and unintended and usually massive effects. There is a reason we can't slow down global warming. It is beyond our scope of influence as humans. Even if we all ceased to be, the climate will still runaway at this point. So active measures must be taken, but the catch is we don't know how those active measures will do as far as side-effects go. The same with the radical proposals to our political system. Again, a republican majority SCOTUS may not be the best we could have but it is the best we could get in my opinion. I don't want political discourse to be a leddit like circlejerk of one party all doing whatever the fuck they want with no checks and balances in place. At least if something really stupid gets passed into law by a bunch of out of touch old farts who don't even know what it is like to live like an average American; we have a chance of the Supreme Court shooting it down. You've got to remember these folks are in it for the money and have so much money, they don't understand life like you nor I. They were never in the spot of 20-something kid trying to make out a swath of life for themselves. They don't understand having a tiny slice of pie in their 30's that they could easily lose at any second despite spending years and years and years fighting tooth and nail for it. They're all entitled rich spoiled and out of touch fucking cunts working against you and I. While I liked Bernie at one time and voted for him, I still know that fucker has more money than I ever will and he doesn't know my struggle. He says he does and tries to relate to me in the working lower class but that old dick knows nothing of us down here at the bottom. And none of those fuckers do and they never will.

>>178370
Saying VEEP makes you look like a tool. Just sayan fam.
>>
Sophie Turveywater - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 00:19:58 EST KXwVN+29 No.178376 Reply
>>178374
>I was 20 once too
>What you are reading is again someone who is experience and has spent more time in the world that you. I know that sounds incredibly condescending but it is.
I'm 39, and you know absolutely nothing about me. You post like a circlejerkor with an inflated ego or a Steve Carell character or something.
>>
Alice Nicklebanks - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 01:20:34 EST 9DSxKIX/ No.178381 Reply
>>178374
>Well I don't know where you live and all but I keep my ear to the ground and the vision and illusion are going strong

Not for the middle and lower class. That illusion is pretty much shattered each month when they look at their paychecks.

>The reason I like the SCOTUS being red is as I said before, it keeps the wacko far leftists in check in the coming few decades... I'm not on board with giving blacks reparation money. I'm not on board with letting literally anyone become an American citizen. I'm not on board with removing arms from the populace.

Fear mongering said in the same breath as "Roe v Wade being overturned is just a political shitfest designed to get you pissed off." Hmmmm

>The whole of the West is moving more and more left as I said above.

uh... what? o_O

>Saying VEEP makes you look like a tool. Just sayan fam.

Nice retort?
>>
Hamilton Pommlebanks - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 03:34:07 EST ar9mMa8V No.178383 Reply
>>178374
>Saying VEEP makes you look like a tool. Just sayan fam.

SCOTUS is pretty fucking lame, too, FAM. Can't stand hearing POTUS either, FAM.
>>
Oliver Tillingspear - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 04:21:06 EST xlt30iDE No.178392 Reply
>>178383
Yeah but SCOTUS sounds like Scrotus. Which is funny. Veep just sounds like something a hipster would say when talking about political shit they think is trendy. I don't really care about POTUS, it doesn't bother me much fam.
>>
Edwin Passlehall - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 04:32:48 EST rphhpCNk No.178393 Reply
>>178374
>What you are reading is again someone who is experience and has spent more time in the world that you. I know that sounds incredibly condescending but it is.
>I was 20 once too
Imagine being this up your own ass for little reason.
>>
Archie Fommlewadge - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 06:07:27 EST M/Ws53KS No.178394 Reply
>>178393

I doubt this person is on the up-and-up. Talking out of their ass to feign some kind of authority or expertise but the reality is that they are blatantly lying about themselves and their own experiences and beliefs.
>>
Wesley Clurrystidge - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 07:20:43 EST tlilhxRg No.178395 Reply
>>178374
>removing firearms is far left

How far do you swallow that boot, you fucking cocksucking the future immigrant retard?
>>
William Billinghood - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 07:57:34 EST cTqHsJvI No.178399 Reply
1566215854945.jpg -(127126B / 124.15KB, 1280x1024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>178374
>Until this report got made public and pushed by the media, everyone thought the economy was flawless.
Literally nobody thought this except boomers sitting in their living rooms watching FOX and CNN. The economy is been shit since 2008 and it's no secret.
>If anything Trump should have worked to slowing growth after he was elected to make sure it stayed positive but the amplitude lower.
No, he should have overturned Obama's bank deregulations instead of expanding them. He should have increased federal income taxes on the rich instead of removing them entirely.
>The reason I like the SCOTUS being red is as I said before, it keeps the wacko far leftists in check in the coming few decades.
Please, tell us what you're worried about the "wacko far leftists" from doing? Are you worried they might protect the climate or stop the holocaust in Yemen, or protect clean drinking water? Are you afraid they might ease the burden on the impoverished masses? The far left is the only strong political element in the US working to fix our broken democracy. Nobody except for Bernie, Yang, and Tulsi (out of the candidates currently running) have called out the countless flaws in our democratic process.
>The whole of the West is moving more and more left as I said above.
People might be going left since Trump's election, but for 30 years, the spectrum as a whole in the US has been moving right, such that modern democrats are yesterday's republicans and modern republicans are yesterday's far-right. Surely you're old enough to know that?
>I'm not on board with taxing wealth and ownership of money.
Then you're a fucking idiot. The ultra megarich should pay their fair share. Why should the richest people be exempt from paying taxes on their trillions, enjoying numerous mansions and estates, while the rest of us can't afford any housing, healthcare, or education? Taxing wealth would bring trillions annually in tax income.
>Those things are going too far left for me. Just as is banning abortions
>banning abortions
>far left
You're completely backwards. Banning abortions is universally understood as a republican policy point, a rightwing goal, not left. Even the MSM is clear about that.
>Status quo sells fam. Radical change doesn't. Remember most people that vote are over 30, have their shit invested in the game and have a lot to lose if the system gets changed and it doesn't work out
Again, no. Bernie is incredibly popular, far more than Biden. Biden's only strength is his overwhelming MSM support. That's what's fooling idiot boomers. A demand for radical change is what determined the outcome of the last 3 elections. The system already failed and "didn't work out" when Obama deregulated the banks and we got the 08' crash, which our dollar and our general population has never recovered from. You can't just wave your hand and spout some vagaries about the country as reasons for why the poor must remain poor and the rich should never be taxed.
>if you aren't a fucktard, you can actually make it alright in the US
>I work 50-60 hours a week for little money and absolutely no benefits and no personal time
So you actually mean, if you're a slave who has no freedom, "little money, absolutely no benefits, and no personal time," then you can barely survive? You're describing a system of inequality while trying to push this BS ideology of rugged individualism, austerity for the poor, and socialism for the rich.
>What you are reading is again someone who is experience and has spent more time in the world that you
You think you're the only person not in their 20's? Goddamn I can't believe how you can be so wrong on so many points and yet also so full of yourself. Maybe you'd have more informed views if you didn't assume immediately that every stupid comment that comes out of you is flawlessly true.
>If Bernie was given the free reign to do whatever without any limitations, he'd run the US into the dirt in a matter of weeks.
Please back this up. Our economy has tanked. The masses are poor. We're at endless wars, and millions have been murdered. The climate is failing, and income inequality is at an all-time high (the highest ever in human history). Please tell us how we're doing great and Bernie will ruin this great system. Keep America Great, amirite?
>Just like all our active measures to stop climate change have strange and unintended and usually massive effects. There is a reason we can't slow down global warming. It is beyond our scope of influence as humans.
Why are you so retarded man? You have no idea what you're talking about. The reason we can't slow down global climate change is because the pursuit of wealth trumps climate protection efforts. That's it. It's because we have a president who is actively stripping the Clean Water Act and Endangered Species Act, a president who is opening our oceans and our national parks to drilling. It's because for the last 30 years, we've had a string of presidents who will gladly watch the world burn if it appeases their corporate donors.
>Even if we all ceased to be, the climate will still runaway at this point.
This is not scientifically founded, and few, if any, climatologists would agree with your armchair assessment.
>I don't want political discourse to be a leddit like circlejerk of one party all doing whatever the fuck they want with no checks and balances in place.
If you really think there are two differing parties in the US, and that they balance each other out in a meaningful way, then that only betrays your lack of true understanding on the topic. We have one dominant part, the corporatist party. Pseudo-centrism is a thinly veiled form of conservatism.
>You've got to remember these folks are in it for the money and have so much money, they don't understand life like you nor I.
>They're all entitled rich spoiled and out of touch fucking cunts working against you and I.
Let's back up a moment.
>I'm not on board with taxing wealth
So we shouldn't tax the incredible wealth people have generated off the work of others, but we also can acknowledge that the wealthy are generally "entitled rich spoiled and out of touch fucking cunts working against you and I." Hm.
>While I liked Bernie at one time and voted for him, I still know that fucker has more money than I ever will and he doesn't know my struggle. He says he does and tries to relate to me in the working lower class but that old dick knows nothing of us down here at the bottom.
Why don't you look up Bernie's childhood and see how he actually lived. Or even better, why don't you keep up with his congressional record and see that he's one of very few politicians who actually is consistent in his message and his votes.
>>
Martin Willydock - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 10:09:47 EST tnSBl6Zd No.178400 Reply
>>178399
>except boomers sitting in their living rooms watching FOX and CNN
Leave cnn out of this dickweed. Cnn has not lied about the economy and how it's not doing well. Don't speak on things you don't know anything about.
>>
John Mocklehall - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 11:39:43 EST SgD7srIZ No.178401 Reply
>>178400
>Getting defensive over CNN
Shitting on AT&T is absolutely fair game. You're an idiot if you think they accurately represent the economy. Deception by omission is still deception.
>>
Jack Drebberkotch - Sat, 24 Aug 2019 13:42:29 EST RQNsJp9C No.178612 Reply
>"We're having a little spat with China and we'll win it,"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/23/politics/donald-trump-china-tariffs/index.html

Another bump of 5% on mostly consumer goods. Import duties have been raised once more and will some become enacted on September 1st but most won't go into effect until after Dec. 15th as to not ruin Christmas. All in retaliation to another tit-for-tat increase from China. The markets dropped as expected. Again.

>Trade wars are easy to win.
>>
Albert Connerlit - Sat, 24 Aug 2019 14:20:18 EST 3Odo9IR+ No.178614 Reply
>>178612
I'm curious how this affecting China. It doesn't seem that rosy over there right now too.
>>
James Morryford - Sat, 24 Aug 2019 14:43:58 EST hAY66+H9 No.178615 Reply
1566672238512.png -(461665B / 450.84KB, 1003x597) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>178400
CNN keeps hiring former Trump staffers (including the personal aide to KKK elf Jeff Sessions) so they can shape election coverage in a GOP-friendly manner:
https://www.vox.com/2019/2/19/18231993/cnn-gop-operative-2020-election-coverage
https://contemptor.com/2018/07/30/cnn-hires-former-trump-white-house-staffer-marc-short-as-political-commentator/
https://deadline.com/2016/06/cnn-hires-corey-lewandowski-contributor-1201778234/

If you think Fox is bad but CNN is good then you're a fucking rube.
>>
Sophie Sadgeforth - Sat, 24 Aug 2019 18:50:38 EST fxZPTs+O No.178618 Reply
>>178614
China is going to continue being attractive to foreign investors, to say nothing about domestic capitalists, for a number of reason. The most immediate is that China has a massive reserve army of labor, wage rates are low, and thus firms are more profitable than they would be elsewhere. It is effecting China but China has more leeway in terms of growth rates (6% in China vs 2% in the US). Because of the way Chinese manufacturing, mining, and so on figure into American companies' mass production schemes, it's going to effect the US more immediately.

There's a reason why the US went into free trade and globalization so gung ho, and that's because American capital stood - and still stands - to benefit from Chinese labor markets. Trump taking those away brings us back to the era of the 70s stagnation. It's quite possibly the biggest strategic error any American president has ever made. History is going to look at the Trump administration as the turning point in the American empire, the beginning of the end, where the rot finally set in.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.