Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

stories of Capitalism

- Mon, 20 Jan 2020 15:08:06 EST +8irr0Qf No.182076
File: 1579550886943.png -(348315B / 340.15KB, 800x1162) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. stories of Capitalism
This is amazing
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/01/american-housing-has-gone-insane/605005/
what an incredibly immoral system. I just do not understand how whole countries are not paralyzed into dysfunction with things like this happening. One would think, don't they need to at least lower prices to sell beginning with? I thought rates of US home ownership had been plummeting?
>>
Fanny Fumblewater - Mon, 20 Jan 2020 16:30:59 EST lLlxhONa No.182078 Reply
last time this happened the bronx burned down, soooo
>>
Wesley Hinnermudging - Mon, 20 Jan 2020 21:02:02 EST UjtpodKI No.182088 Reply
>>182076
We're headed for a recession, probably a depression. I've shouted at the skies trying to warn people but nobody gives a fuck because people are stupid. Trump and his goons are single handedly pushing us further up a mountain that is about to erupt into a volcano. Instead of doing everything possible to slow the economy down so the fall isn't so dramatic, they're forcing it higher and higher.

Oh well, let it all fuckin burn. I got mine and all those calling me stupid for living cheap as fuck will get theirs. I tried to warn them but they wouldn't listen. The music will go on forever they sing harmoniously. The older I get and the more people I have to be around the more anti-consumer I get. Cattle to the slaughter that call you names and crazy for warning them. Dipshits.

I'm in a bad mood because I'm sick lol
>>
Frederick Sisslenick - Mon, 20 Jan 2020 21:58:54 EST E2Yofruj No.182090 Reply
Everybody in "Real Estate" is essentially part of a price fixing cartel.
Landlords are akin to the feudal lords and realtors are their clerks.

Also the whole construction industry is corrupt as fuck. A construction crane for instance costs millions despite being one of the simplest machines out there.
>>
Wesley Hinnermudging - Mon, 20 Jan 2020 23:02:01 EST UjtpodKI No.182092 Reply
>>182090
>>182091
You've clearly never met a crane operator or been around them. All of them are unionized, they go through a long apprentice period to even get certs. Then the liability is extreme so you have to pay them absurd amounts of money. The overhead cost of cranes is astronomical. The machines themselves are retard levels expensive as well. There are plenty of markets to bitch about but construction isn't really one of them. It is the same as trucking. The workers are getting fucked over because the middle management is getting fucked over because the upper management is getting fucked over by the rest of corporate America.

I've been in the trucking and construction industry my whole career and it is bad because everyone is fucking us so we have to fuck ourselves just to stay alive. Even if you go to the oil field and make 150k a year, the local burger joint is going to charge you 40 dollars for a shitty burger not fit for a McDonalds menu. Don't even get me started on housing in boom towns. There is no money in construction nor trucking. Everyone is fucked, get a white collar job so you can stick it to schlubs like myself and everyone else in my industry. Our insurance companies would be a good place to start. Insurance in this country is one of the biggest con games ever in human history. Get in tight with them. You'll never be poor.
>>
Frederick Sisslenick - Mon, 20 Jan 2020 23:11:23 EST E2Yofruj No.182093 Reply
>>182092
That's not about I'm not the people working in construction but the companies & higher ups that own the technology that enables it.
While construction salaries are decent I don't think that's a big contributing factor for exorbitant prices, but things like "Highest Profits" for the leeches that in this instance own the cranes and the technology to build them is.
These fuckers are so expensive that not even the companies that build stuff own them, no they are rented for an exorbitant daily rate.
>>
David Fuckingshit - Tue, 21 Jan 2020 01:42:42 EST +8irr0Qf No.182096 Reply
>>182090
I thought USA construction was controlled by mafia? Especially unionized ones
>>
Wesley Hinnermudging - Tue, 21 Jan 2020 01:46:11 EST UjtpodKI No.182097 Reply
>>182093
>While construction salaries are decent

Ha, that'd be a good joke but sadly it hits too close to home. I make fucking nothing and can run dozens of different kinds of heavy equipment, drive loaded tractor trailers carrying oversized loads, and fix nearly anything on a job site including structural welding and I make 15 fucking dollars an hour with no benefits or time off right outside a major fucking city. Get a taste of the real world for once.

Let me say it again, CONSTRUCTION FUCKING SUCKS! Get a fucking college education, don't smoke dope and drop out of school, and get a white collar job. That is the best life advice I can give anyone. I bought into the "noble tradesman" meme and didn't go to college thinking I would make bank in dying trades. They're fucking dying because they are bullshit. It'd be easy to rhyme rob and steal than fuck around with braindead drunks and junkies who steal your shit while you work or nearly get you killed while Mr. Foreman sits the truck and sleeps in air conditioning only to stroll around and bust your balls for no fucking reason. Fuck construction and trucking and welding and every other trade. It was all a lie.

And to your later point, most everything across the US is moving towards a larger subscription service because people who buy shit and keep it are the enemies now. We've evolved and found that making people not only buy something and then keep paying for it is the best way to extract profits. Farm equipment has gone this way, you spend 300k for a tractor and then spend tens of thousands fixing simple shit since it is all DRM soft-locked. Textiles have gone this way, anything bigger than a Singer sewing machine granny had is leased. Car have went to this model, you have loss leaders in the actual sales of small cars but then turn 50 and 100k dollar pick up trucks but then murder both consumers on repairs. For example, on a many GM vehicles you have to drop the entire fucking engine to change spark plugs or remove an entire row of seating to swap the battery. In my industry, Caterpillar leases nearly all of their machines that are moderately new and then the old machines they jerk you around, treat you like shit, scoff and finally after hours of phone time offer you parts for fucking astronomical prices. Video games are little more than RNG gambling and a money siphon.

Follow some of the 2030 vehicle companies profit projection models, Ford is looking to turn the automobile industry into a live subscription service where you don't own any single vehicle, they all just buzz around autonomously like drones and you get a random car like Byrd scooters when you need one.

>Literally everything is going to a model where you buy in for a retarded price tag and then have to keep paying for the luxury of using what you fucking bought. Capitalism is exceptionally efficient in making the most diabolical way of siphoning money away from the consumer as quickly as possible. And the consumer fucktards are too god damn complacent to fight it, probably because along with the models is endless propaganda to get you to buy into the shit. I can't count the number of times I've called people out on their mindless consumerist horseshit and then they've fought tooth and nail to reject fiscal sense and responsibility. Just stop fucking buying shit from shitheads.

It is like some insane national Stockholm syndrome with everyone's wallets.

And again, fuck construction and trades in general.
>>
Cyril Caddlehag - Tue, 21 Jan 2020 13:19:41 EST vJzt15Nj No.182107 Reply
>>182097
>they all just buzz around autonomously like drones and you get a random car
I have previously posted about how this would make a great public transport system when you have a full self driving network. Such a network is a natural monopoly due to the decision making and planning involved, it's safer and more effective if it knows how every other vehicle will behave.

But we will get a private version that costs more, has to go slower and still has many more accidents.
>>
Ebenezer Wodgepadge - Thu, 23 Jan 2020 19:45:28 EST fxZPTs+O No.182141 Reply
>>182096
No there's corruption in the business unions and sometimes it's linked to organized crime but the notion that union construction is controlled by the mafia is just movies and propaganda.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.