Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Meat processing plants accross the country are testing positive for Covid

- Tue, 14 Apr 2020 22:06:12 EST dZDaQqJv No.184235
File: 1586916372294.jpg -(66606B / 65.04KB, 636x382) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Meat processing plants accross the country are testing positive for Covid
Most plants refuse to close even after dozens of workers keep testing positive. In Sioux Falls, SD the mayor had to actually force a plant to close.

Expect a shortage of meat at big box stores after they exhaust their supply of desperate low wage workers in these rural areas.

Hopefully small local butcher shops see a boom.

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/apr/14/how-one-city-mayor-forced-a-pork-giant-to-close/

https://www.drovers.com/article/covid-19-tysons-pasco-wa-plant-remains-open
>>
Archie Foffingchock - Wed, 15 Apr 2020 00:53:57 EST jIt5CLGm No.184237 Reply
1586926437886.jpg -(18899B / 18.46KB, 300x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>an Outback Ab-Original

i almost missed it lol
>>
Augustus Pongerpatch - Wed, 15 Apr 2020 07:20:36 EST Vr0E+N13 No.184260 Reply
Small local butchers and produce stands will be your reliable places to get good food from now on. Just like in the 80s when we all had to switch from grocery stores to supermarkets and later to superstores. This is the economy moving on. Only poor people fear this.
>>
Fuck Bardfuck - Wed, 15 Apr 2020 13:44:28 EST snQLimnZ No.184270 Reply
>>184260
>Only poor people fear this.

As a poor person who has been employed be these companies at every step of the food production chain I'm actually really hoping everything changes. I benefit in no way from the current economic setup while the people at these companies that have been deemed non-essential benefit off a bunch of people's blood, sweat and tears. I feel like those with money because of the way the current system is set up are the ones who will oppose change the most. In both these plants the workers didn't demand to keep it open, it was management. The one website touting how the Washington plant stayed open is business website specifically for the cattle industry.

Food processing and preparation becoming decentralized out of impoverished shitholes and into communities will improve the quality of life for lots of people. I think the future is something like food processing communes, but we won't call them that because Americans need tough, patriotic or pseudo-intellectual branding. Community centers and city halls can be converted into food stores and larger parks will be used to graze cattle. We may even see the return of actual cowboy as a profession and not just redneck with a truck at a feedlot. Food products made at these should consist of one or two specialty items made at a high volume but on a small scale and traded with other cities, the market will respond to demand and if a product is unpopular or in demand the city or neighborhood can shift production easily in response.

That's all a dream though, I think they're just going to keep throwing workers as fodder until they figure out how to fully automate the processes or make robot workers.
>>
Hedda Dindlestock - Wed, 15 Apr 2020 15:54:25 EST O/BUJHAn No.184271 Reply
Excellent. I hope every plant closes so people are forced to eat more plants.
>>
Hugh Hellerchadge - Tue, 21 Apr 2020 07:00:22 EST pyG5d99p No.184528 Reply
I haven't bought any meat in a while. There's still some in the freezer from before covid that I feed to family but I don't eat it.
>>
George Denningshit - Tue, 21 Apr 2020 21:55:41 EST 77kW5CU0 No.184582 Reply
>>184235
shop farmer's markets. my local grocery has been short on meat and flour since march. i went to the farmer's market, they have fresh flour and the best bacon i've ever had for days.
>>
Basil Dicklehall - Wed, 22 Apr 2020 07:45:54 EST odEWg5xh No.184609 Reply
>>184582
This.

Supply chain disruptions are inconvenient, they're not goddam shortages lol cable news is using that word all the time just to rile you up.
>>
Emma Fonningneg - Wed, 22 Apr 2020 23:35:25 EST dZDaQqJv No.184630 Reply
>>184582
Most places I have seen with farmer's markets are cities where people bring the produce on the weekend. Out in rural areas they really aren't a thing. There are stands people run but it's not all in one place. Outside of bigger cities or mid-size rich university towns farmer's markets aren't really a thing. There are lots of butcher shops though.

>>184609
There is more than enough food to make sure no one in the world starved. They still do because of logistics. It being a logistics issue doesn't make it any less severe, if anything it makes it worse because the food is processed and ready to go, it just has to be traded through the proper sequence of hands to profit from it before it can get to where it's needed. That's grounds for guillotines coming out historically.
>>
Emma Dugglefield - Thu, 23 Apr 2020 03:46:45 EST 77kW5CU0 No.184634 Reply
1587628005151.jpg -(191192B / 186.71KB, 1242x1230) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>184630
i must be lucky. i live in rural virginia, i've got my pick of four or five farmer's markets within a 30 mile drive. maybe it's regional, but i've got enough farm markets that i'm wondering why i ever bothered with the food lion.
>>
Beatrice Buzzford - Thu, 23 Apr 2020 10:15:06 EST ClNMEJ6U No.184637 Reply
>>184634
If you own a car then the word "shortage" doesn't really apply to you. Just drive and go get it.
>>
Doris Disslestog - Tue, 28 Apr 2020 20:01:28 EST snQLimnZ No.184767 Reply
https://www.supermarketnews.com/meat/tyson-warns-food-supply-chain-breaking

Tyson is blaming the government forcing them to shut down and clean processing plants that have had hundreds of covid cases and get the employees tested for a food supply shortage they have in the works

https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/coronavirus/article242334146.html

Meanwhile there are 165 new cases and 16 new deaths at a plant they refuse to shut for more than a day.

People are going to starve because a chicken company heir doesn't want to take a pay cut. Americans, start getting an alternate food supply chain in place as soon as you can. Grow or raise one or two things in your yard and grow what looks like it would be an over abundance any other year. Have it ready to trade with neighbors who grow or raise other things. If you are not medical staff this should be your top priority. Even if you live in an apartment complex do some guerrilla gardening. Beans and tomatoes can usually grow good on their own and things like onions and garlic can be grown from cuttings in bottles.

Please. PLEASE. prepare now because they have already shown they won't hesitate to throw us on the sacrificial alter.
>>
James Dundergold - Wed, 29 Apr 2020 09:33:27 EST w7c6q3ko No.184781 Reply
>>184767
Whoa calm down, bud. There's plenty of food. People should be able to grow their own food and now would be a great time to save a buck or two by trying to provide food from your backyard, this is a fact. But you're all whipped up into a foam over this. Stop trying to rile people up on purpose.
>>
Nathaniel Hosslebitch - Wed, 29 Apr 2020 10:32:05 EST eW7lNgCN No.184782 Reply
>>184781
It takes a significant amount of energy and time to grow enough food to make a meaningful difference in your annual food stock. In the early 20th century when the majority of people in the US were still sustenance farmers living off their own land it was a full time job from sun up to sun down to work and maintain crops, and many families simply perished from famine when the land didn't provide, hence one of the biggest reasons for government food assistance after half a million US citizens died from starvation during the dust bowl.

Factory farming with modern machinery made it possible for a half dozen men with machines to do the work of several dozen men and hundreds of beasts of burden. It's precisely these massive commercial agricultural entities which have allowed us to largely stop being full time farmers for a living.

I think everyone should have a food garden regardless, but I would never expect anyone in the modern age to out forth as much effort towards individual food production as necessity required in the past.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but it's not reasonable to just say "save a buck or two by trying to provide food from your backyard." When providing your own food in any meaningful capacity on your own it's either all or nothing if you want to have any demonstrable impact.
>>
James Dundergold - Wed, 29 Apr 2020 13:54:49 EST w7c6q3ko No.184784 Reply
>>184782
>When providing your own food in any meaningful capacity on your own it's either all or nothing if you want to have any demonstrable impact.
Luckily we live in a post-industrialized world and there is no expectation that the average person would produce enough food to make an impact in a "meaningful" capacity. Just doesn't exist.
>>
Fuck Blythewater - Wed, 29 Apr 2020 15:44:46 EST O/BUJHAn No.184787 Reply
>>184782
So, during Capitalist famine of Dust Bowl how many USAians eat each other on Kansas and Oklahoma?
>>
Doris Disslestog - Wed, 29 Apr 2020 19:45:56 EST snQLimnZ No.184791 Reply
>>184782
Most americans can repurpose the land used for our single biggest monoculture corp, grass, in order to grow other things. Lawns are not a necessity.
>>
Isabella Dangersock - Sat, 02 May 2020 03:09:22 EST A1vXthoY No.184834 Reply
>>184791
Growing fruit & veggies in the gardens? How gauche!
>>
David Clayfield - Sun, 03 May 2020 19:27:08 EST GYsJBwcY No.184888 Reply
>>1847914
Would lead to massive nutrient depletion and erosion/runoff issues given time. Agriculture isn't free. Grasslands fulfills their own ecological niche even if the methods by which boomers cultivate them are ruinous. A better solution would be to encourage lower water usage varieties of clover and alfalfa, native grasses/sedges, and bushes in a mixed ecology with a focus on insect populations and foraging birds/mammals.

This coupled with the fact that a large percentage of the modern American lawn faces traffic and absorbs automotive pollution and thus is unsuitable for crop production unless you enjoy the sweet taste of benzene. Backyards are better for it, but you'd still rather native bushes, grasses, and perennials (some of which can produce food, but not on a sustenance level - see forest gardens etc) above allotments from a water usage/ecological perspective. Again, agriculture isn't free. Cities are already under great ecological strains due to being a concrete jungle. Crop production requires regular watering and fertilization, which changes the situation little for water-poor regions regardless. It's much saner to encourage different types of lawn over an obsessive focus on food production like we're in WW2. We're not in WW2. The United States already produces several times more food than any one person can eat. Resorting native grasslands would be preferable to converting away lawns if replenishing the aquifers is what you desire.
>>
Angus Wirrylug - Sat, 09 May 2020 04:10:10 EST snQLimnZ No.185023 Reply
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/reopening-date-for-washingtons-largest-meat-packing-plant-hard-hit-by-covid-19-could-come-tuesday/

People that are confirmed positive at this plant are being forced to go back to work or be fired because the company has limited sick leave which is unpaid and the eviction moratorium is up in a few weeks. They will not qualify for unemployment if they get fired for attendance issues or quit.
>>
Rebecca Crunnermun - Wed, 13 May 2020 14:23:42 EST TVUE9tPj No.185079 Reply
>>184235
Food processing is a requirement for the survival of the people. It's arguable more important than even the healthcare response to this epidemic. See, this is the real danger of the wuhan virus that people don't seem to understand. EVEN IF NOBODY DIED from the virus, even if it had a 0% death rate, it's infectious enough to shut down supply chains. IE It's the wet dream of many world governments in regards to a bioweapon. Since the 90s, the objective of bioweapon labs of most major powers, hasn't been to make something more deadly, it's been to make something that removes the enemy's ability to fight. The USA was working on adenaviruses, and apparently china was working on coronaviruses.... and now I wonder if Russia was working on a different class of virus...
>topic
>on
>back
What happens when people can't get food? They raid someone else or they starve.
>rural workers
class bias detected. Inaccurate too. The rural workers produce the food, they don't process it. It all gets shipped off to industrial centers that are SEVERELY centralized, hence the problems we're having now. Overcentralization of industry creates a weak supply chain.... but it's cheaper for the bosses/owners.
>TLDR
It's the duty of those who care for the survival of society, to keep food going to society, just as much as it is the duty of healthcare workers to keep working... not that both aren't being laid off right now.
>184888
I think you're on the right track, though need a bit more study. I really hate grass, especially grass lawns that provide nothing. It's far better to encourage native crops and fruit trees than it is to grow grass which does little more than increase allergies and encourage pests like mosquitoes and ticks.
>>
Simon Billingway - Wed, 13 May 2020 15:54:00 EST O/BUJHAn No.185081 Reply
1589399640760.png -(119300B / 116.50KB, 500x911) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>185079
>Russia still making bioweapons
With what proof you have even?
>>
Jack Nusslenatch - Wed, 13 May 2020 17:58:10 EST ZuHCFVPi No.185084 Reply
>>185081
We have a bioweapons treaty that limits how much we can produce, my guy.
>>
Rebecca Crunnermun - Wed, 13 May 2020 18:10:39 EST TVUE9tPj No.185089 Reply
>>185081
Seriously, that's all you latched onto? It was posed as a question and you didn't even quote the statement. Almost every major power does research into biological weapons, either for offensive purposes or to develop medicines to be held in reserve against the possible release of bioweapons by other forces. Russia released TWO novel medicines immediately when COVID-19 broke out, and these were likely two of the novel medicines held in reserve. (though one was undergoing public trials for a while)
> and now I wonder if Russia was working on a different class of virus
^actual words I wrote. I wonder why you don't say anything about the mentions of china and USA working on bioweapons.
>>185084
>limits on production
Ug..... what does that even do? Please tell me it's not by volume. Just imagining the concept of limiting the volume of microorganisms produced...
>>
Simon Billingway - Wed, 13 May 2020 18:31:25 EST O/BUJHAn No.185095 Reply
>>185089
> I wonder why you don't say anything about the mentions of china and USA working on bioweapons
Because USA obviously is known to still be producing large volumes of unsecure biological weapons.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_anthrax_attacks#Anthrax_material
USA's "developing medicines" is as much lies as USA claiming it is "department of defense" and not offensive wars department. USA is proven and known developing biological weapons even recently. China probably it is too but, no proofs of such thing as much as obviously proofed that USA does. What evidence you have for Russia? I showed you my Amerithrax now show me yours.
>>
Rebecca Crunnermun - Wed, 13 May 2020 18:36:01 EST TVUE9tPj No.185099 Reply
>>185095
Your agenda is showing. You did not respond to any of the points that I made, and you did not address the fact that you are directly distorting a small portion of what I said. How about you go back to /pol/ (since this is /n/ ) or get on the actual topic at hand.
>>185090
>most of the pork is being exported to china
THANK YOU! It's more like 30% unless the numbers have gotten worse than when I checked a few days ago. The issue here isn't JUST rampant capitalism (ha, though capitalism is what allowed it to happen. This is why protectionism is good for agriculture, though rarely much else.) but the fact that many of these plants are owned primarily by China. Case in point, Smithfield.
>>
Simon Billingway - Wed, 13 May 2020 19:07:00 EST O/BUJHAn No.185109 Reply
1589411220760.jpg -(53568B / 52.31KB, 608x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>185099
So, USAians is getting killed going to work for "communist" Chinese Capitalists because weak ineffectual USA Capitalists afraid to lose they money? Hahahahahaha

I dislike China but, is very funny watching them bend over USA using USA's and Anglo same shit on them. This how colonialism destroyed many countries exploiting greedy elite class and keeping them rich and fat and stupid and happy while ruining whole country and hurting their countrypeoples.
>muh economy!!
Hahahahahahahahaaaaa
>>
Rebecca Bockleshit - Thu, 14 May 2020 06:25:09 EST hCAKuWBQ No.185139 Reply
>>185089
>Ug..... what does that even do?
It means they produce AND we produce chemical and biological weapons right now, today.
>>
Fuck Pummlelot - Thu, 14 May 2020 09:28:43 EST MibTlTKK No.185142 Reply
>>185109
The plutocratic elite of both countries tend to have more in common then they'd like to admit these days.

Anyway, meat-shortages shouldn't be such a big deal and are a common symptom of turbulent times. Most developed countries should have no problem securing the needed protein though. Learn to like beans.
>>
Samuel Buzzway - Thu, 14 May 2020 16:55:56 EST TLki9LAJ No.185155 Reply
>>185139
No, I meant about the quantities. I was referring to the laughable idea of putting limitations on the quantities of microorganisms.
>>185142
>beans
Not everyone can digest those, especially ones like lima beans.
>>
Martha Sashfare - Fri, 15 May 2020 08:55:13 EST MibTlTKK No.185185 Reply
1589547313541.jpg -(147391B / 143.94KB, 600x398) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>185155
Beans were just an example, there is plenty more that contains what meat contains.
>>
Hannah Pubblehine - Fri, 15 May 2020 09:57:25 EST Wy94Uj0s No.185186 Reply
>>185155
>No, I meant about the quantities. I was referring to the laughable idea of putting limitations on the quantities of microorganisms.
Yeah that would be pretty fucking stupid, which is why it's quantified other ways. And the original post I replied to disputed that these weapons programs even existed.
>>
Hannah Pubblehine - Fri, 15 May 2020 09:57:47 EST Wy94Uj0s No.185187 Reply
>>185186
*however that person could have been only pretending.
>>
Basil Gebberbidge - Fri, 15 May 2020 11:04:48 EST qc6oDrD8 No.185191 Reply
>hopefully local butcher shops
Why don't we just eat less meat? The local butcher shop is still plausibly going to be filled with disease. All these industrial farms aren't just concentration camps for pigs and cows they're also disease infested hellholes. How about not exposing myself to e coli and mad cow disease?
>>
Priscilla Dandlestire - Fri, 15 May 2020 11:30:11 EST TLki9LAJ No.185196 Reply
>>185191
>eat less meat
Your political opinions don't change the biology of your opponents. Different people of different ethnicities have different dietary needs and cultural norms. You can't expect people of sub-saharan African lineages to get their protein from Dairy due to their ancestors historically not eating the stuff and as a result, didn't develop the biology to digest massive amounts of cow milk/lactose like many Europeans. You can't expect semitic peoples to get their protein from half of the bean supply, due to the same type of issue (except this leads to severe problems. See lima beans. ) and then you can't expect others to get it from soy (or at least the non-fermented shit that's pushed because it's cheap. ) and so on and so forth. Go tell the Inuit that they can't eat so much meat, you'll be threatening them with death and disease.
>not exposing muhself to ecoli
Ok, don't ever take a shit and wipe your ass again. Every time you poo, you expose yourself and the next to sit on that seat to e-coli.
>mad cow disease
Literally was only an issue due to the disgustingly perverse and immoral methods of factory farming that popped up in the 20th century, where animals were forced into cannibalism through the recycling of the less marketable body parts (brain stems, spinal tissues, ect) back into their own feed.
>local butcher shops filled with disease
Cook your food... We have fire for a reason.
>185187
Yeah, they're clearly just a troll. I'm guessing that they don't even believe the BS that they spout, and are LARPing as an over the top hipster communist shill so that they can incite greater tensions along racial and political divides by pretending to be the side that they hate. It's a pretty classic tactic, but they must really have fun with it to keep it going this long.
>>
Basil Gebberbidge - Fri, 15 May 2020 11:36:19 EST qc6oDrD8 No.185198 Reply
>>185196
And where do you think "the local butcher shop" is getting their meat, genius?

And now you're going to argue that the Inuit are going to mcdonalds drive through? and you're also going to go on some kind of borderline racist bullshit because some fatass white person in Oklahoma is going to be forced to eat less fried chicken and hamburger? You blithely glossed over eggs too. "But muh proteins" is literally not even an argument and you know it and furthermore I said
>be forced to eat less meat
Your fat disgusting obese ass does not need to eat meat and fried lard every single meal. It's quite rich during an actual obesity health crisis to then try and come up with some bullshit health argument as to why a country with a third of it's people obese should not eat less meat.
>>
Priscilla Dandlestire - Fri, 15 May 2020 11:47:49 EST TLki9LAJ No.185200 Reply
>>185198
Ah, insults. It seems when confronted with the racism and bigotry of your opinions, you only know how to lash out and become more racist and bigoted.
>where does the local butcher shop get their meat
From the local farms in the area, who sell their animals to the shops. Often they have a mobile butcher come over, slaughter the animal on-site, prep the cuts that the farmer wants for themselves and then take the rest off to the shop for further processing and retail.
>meat makes you fat
No, carbohydrates in excess, is what makes people fat. Never heard of Keto have ya, eh?
>>
William Grandshit - Fri, 15 May 2020 16:29:06 EST yAbZNh39 No.185205 Reply
millions of pounds of ecoli cattle tainted meat wasted each year, thanks regulations

workers don't mean shit either,
>>
Martha Sashfare - Fri, 15 May 2020 17:17:49 EST MibTlTKK No.185206 Reply
>>185191
>aren't just concentration camps for pigs and cows they're also disease infested hellholes
Those things tend to go hand in hand. Much like your factory farms the production-line elbow-to-elbow slaughter-houses might produce food that is superficially cheap but contains hidden costs. Washington whining about Beijing ignoring wet markets rings rather hollow considering its own crusade to teach all germs to fight antibiotics in livestock.
>>185196
>political opinions don't change the biology
True, and humans don't need meat. Those who can't eat beans can eat cheese. Those who cant eat cheese can eat bugs. Those who can't eat bugs can eat nuts. And so on. I like meat and eat it often but those of us who do should be prepared to pay the true price of our steak and not externalize the cost onto others.
>the disgustingly perverse and immoral methods of factory farming
Which are still spreading disease even though it might not be BSE.

Stop fighting you two btw. I'm pretty sure you have common ground in that you both want a responsible meat industry and don't feel it is yet.
>>
Augustus Gundlepore - Fri, 15 May 2020 17:38:43 EST glTXoVFh No.185207 Reply
>>185196
>Different people of different ethnicities have different dietary needs and cultural norms.
Hogwash. Nobody is literally incapable of going vegetarian or vegan. You're being inconvenienced and you're blowing it way out of proportion. You and your whole crew are a bunch of drama queens.
>>
Priscilla Dandlestire - Fri, 15 May 2020 19:05:43 EST TLki9LAJ No.185212 Reply
>>185206
I don't have much to add in response to your response. I will clear up my stance on veganism, as I consider it to be unethical to judge the value (or even apply it) of one life form over another, over superficial reasons. I'd probably be considered an animist of some sort. Plant and animal life must both be respected, and killing one to survive isn't different than killing another, the only difference is our personal relations to those lives.
>common ground wanting responsible meat industry.
Anon, just see >>185207
It's a militant authoritarian political agenda operating under a dogmatic moralist doctrine, that I'm arguing with. Their objective is to take every inch they can, and never give any arguments a chance. If they could outlaw meat and not be shot and eaten for it, they would.
>>
Wesley Shittingway - Sat, 16 May 2020 14:11:39 EST MibTlTKK No.185231 Reply
>>185212
I tend to jokingly ask vegans if they love animals or hate plants. Veganism is a major trend here in Sweden but no major attempt to push it on the unwilling. A different concern is if meat can remain as plentiful as supply-chains break down. Meat is often not the most efficient use of resources anyway with a lot more food put into a cow than you get out of it.

Anything that disrupts trade (and I'd say this qualifies) will decrease consumer options. This is the origin of much protectionism and subsidy in the agricultural sector. Maintaining at least the capacity to feed the population has been a core goal for many countries. However making sure there is enough food may require state intervention to make sure precious calories aren't wasted producing "luxury goods" (e.g. meat). This all depends on how bad things get of course. Dunno how people already killing each other over popeye's will react but the world is in a better shape to deal with a pandemic food-wise than ever before.
>>
Walter Nagglekot - Sat, 16 May 2020 14:48:10 EST GW1axdWk No.185232 Reply
1589654890983.jpg -(33890B / 33.10KB, 676x540) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>185212
>It's a militant authoritarian political agenda
Yeah man, it's people eating tofu that's the real oppressive force in this world. You're really fighting back against authoritarianism by heroically eating chicken tendies.
>>
Edward Ceggleham - Sat, 16 May 2020 14:59:10 EST BnpP3+gf No.185233 Reply
>>185212
I wholeheartedly agree, to sustain life requires the ending of other life. I also find it ironic that vegetarians and vegans' arguments for valuing mammalian lifeforms over fungal/photosynthetic/insect life echo 19th century arguments used to justify inhumane treatment of animals like vivisection. "They can't feel it like we higher lifeforms can", "they just react to stimuli like a machine, this doesn't mean they actually feel pain"
>>
Augustus Honeycocke - Sat, 16 May 2020 17:56:57 EST bh15piMx No.185234 Reply
>>185232
Listen to who gets them wound up: furries, vegetarians, anyone or anything positive.
>>
Augustus Honeycocke - Sat, 16 May 2020 18:00:57 EST bh15piMx No.185235 Reply
>>185233
You don't know how plants work, huh? Plants are extensions of the earth. They don't live and die like you and me. Pick beans or apples off a tree, you haven't killed anything. When you shit, you return that matter to the earth, which *needs you to continuously do this in order for it to be healthy itself*. All animals do this, eating plants is how we serve the earth. When you swallow your father's seed at night, you have not killed him.
>>
Alice Navinggold - Sun, 17 May 2020 03:15:10 EST BnpP3+gf No.185244 Reply
>>185235
The only ethical food is fruit, since these are meant to be eaten to have their seeds dispersed. But most fruits have defenses against being eaten by filthy mammals and their molars and prefer to be eaten by birds. Beans don't come from trees and are the next generation of bean plants. You're essentially eating babies, so you like grinding helpless babies up between your mammalian molars huh? You're a sick fuck

>plants are just like... an extension of the earth bro...

Yeah and animals come from the moon amirite?
>>
Cornelius Dartman - Sun, 17 May 2020 03:22:59 EST GYsJBwcY No.185245 Reply
>>185232
Tell that to the people throwing buckets of blood at people, bombing research labs, or calling for depressed people to lose their pets because they draw false equivalencies to slavery. Political vegans aren't just keeping to themselves and eating plants like Jains do, they're calling for a widesweeping overhaul of society on every level around the core idea of preventing even the slightest form of animal suffering via humans and ignoring the massive loss of life this would generate. They're anprims that haven't realized they're anprims yet, and not an insubstantial of them become terrorists who willingly murder people to further such ends.
>>
Walter Dollystet - Sun, 17 May 2020 03:34:17 EST GW1axdWk No.185246 Reply
>>185245
>Tell that to the people throwing buckets of blood at people
This has never happened to you or anybone else posting on this board.

>bombing research labs
This has nothing to do with veganism. There are plenty of non-vegans who oppose medical testing of animals.

>or calling for depressed people to lose their pets
Once again, this has never happened to you or anyone else on this board. This is not a real issue that anyone is dealing with.

You taking completely ancillary topics and claiming that's the reason why you get into online pissing matches with people over their diets is just as disingenuous as some vegan pointing to jeffrey dahmer and dog-fighting rings to explain why they hate meat-eaters.

99.9% of vegetarians and vegans are never going to meet you much less bomb the research lab you don't own, just like 99.9% of meat-eaters don't personally torture animals.

You are not a freedom fighter for eating bacon, you are not fighting some opporessive authoritarian regime, having the same dietary preferences as the vast majority of the population does not make you brave, you're being smug to a group of online strawmen about how much you like eating food.
>>
Thomas Clobberlock - Sun, 17 May 2020 03:51:45 EST UpoW42a4 No.185247 Reply
1589701905560.jpg -(131094B / 128.02KB, 960x640) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Feeling oppressed by someone else choosing to eat plants is the most beta snowflake pussy shit in the world.

Oh no someone drinks almond milk instead of cow milk are you really gonna cry about that you fucking baby?

I say this as someone who eats meat basically every meal. Vegans are not a threat to me because I choose not to be a fucking pussy.
>>
Cornelius Honeyford - Sun, 17 May 2020 09:02:59 EST PRCZcbFI No.185258 Reply
>>185244
If there's going to be an ecosystem on this planet, animals have to eat the plants and convert that biomatter into stuff the planet can use to produce more plants. That is our function here. Did you go to a parochial school?
>>
Ian Brummlekork - Sun, 17 May 2020 14:07:07 EST 0s+MQBCi No.185263 Reply
>>185247
Fuck you man. Fuck you. I need that. I really need that right now. With lots of BBQ sauce that's been mixed with melted lard(or bacon fat) and caramelized onions and shallots.
>>
Ian Brummlekork - Sun, 17 May 2020 19:07:01 EST 0s+MQBCi No.185270 Reply
>>185258
>function
No, most plants don't need us, they are prey to us. Now, fruiting plants are different. Of course, we're still going to slaughter countless numbers of yeast and other tasty helpful boozemaking microorganisms in the process... or at least I know I will, though many will survive into the gut...
>>
Martha Fudgenore - Mon, 18 May 2020 04:17:25 EST vDO7SVDL No.185281 Reply
>>185257
They are a seed, not a fruit. The plant doesn't want you to eat them and you are ending a life.
>>
Fuck Nommlenick - Mon, 18 May 2020 07:41:28 EST 2cXU5jg3 No.185283 Reply
>>185270
Nope. You've got to go back to school, man. You eat plants. You shit. The shit grows more plants. You eat seeds and shit out the seeds and produce a wider range of plants as a result. You consume oxygen, the waste product of plants, and convert it to the carbon dioxide they need for photosynthesis. You've somehow given personalities and attached feelings to this process when it's literally your role. Eat plants and shit. You serve the earth by doing this.
>>
Fuck Nommlenick - Mon, 18 May 2020 07:43:13 EST 2cXU5jg3 No.185284 Reply
>>185281
>the plant needs animals to eat parts of it in order to survive, but doesn't *want* you to eat parts of it
Huh?
>>
Jenny Duckwater - Mon, 18 May 2020 12:46:28 EST scym3S0N No.185286 Reply
>>185281
This. Every bowl of rice is a bowl of abortions. They never even got a chance to sprout.
>>
Lillian Gocklelock - Mon, 18 May 2020 13:29:21 EST Ct2y5Mxv No.185287 Reply
>>185286
By that logic you genocide into your socks every night.
>>
Simon Clobbermet - Mon, 18 May 2020 17:32:35 EST E8kwT8sm No.185288 Reply
>>185287
A gamete is not a fertilized embryo. Nigga it only got half its Gene's wtf are you smoking
>>
Reuben Bengerlag - Tue, 19 May 2020 04:29:24 EST vDO7SVDL No.185296 Reply
>>185290
A bean is already fertilized, the equivalent to sperm would be pollen.
>>
Clara Drorringford - Tue, 19 May 2020 07:53:26 EST bh15piMx No.185304 Reply
>>185303
Did you just try to say that eating beans is like abortion because beans are both seeds and embryos at the same time?

Please, keep defending yourself against the allegations here that you're full of shit. It's great to watch. Not a lot going on here because of the lockdown.
>>
Reuben Bengerlag - Tue, 19 May 2020 08:57:34 EST vDO7SVDL No.185308 Reply
>>185304
Check the ID's. But go ahead and deflect from the fact that life can only be sustained by killing or robbing other life.
>>
Clara Drorringford - Tue, 19 May 2020 10:23:59 EST bh15piMx No.185309 Reply
>>185308
So you don't know how ecosystems work? Or what dissemination is or how as an animal your primary function is to support plants by fixing their soil? When you go to your parents' house for dinner and they fix you a plate, are you robbing them?
>>
Jarvis Cleshgold - Tue, 19 May 2020 21:09:52 EST scym3S0N No.185329 Reply
1589936992988.jpg -(242153B / 236.48KB, 1024x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>185308
Unless we can live entirely off of fruit and nectar. I personally like both, so when someone finds me some meat fruit... well I'll probably brew it into some sort of cooking hooch. Perhaps this is a thread for /nom/
>>
Reuben Binkinchig - Thu, 21 May 2020 09:25:12 EST GYsJBwcY No.185397 Reply
>>185246
>you're being smug to a group of online strawmen about how much you like eating food.
Hilarious, given your entire post is one long strawman. ID filtered.
>>
Frederick Brirryfoot - Thu, 28 May 2020 18:13:34 EST cqiL8Rlk No.185596 Reply
>>184235

No one in Texas cares, its over here. Stop wearing your mask, just enjoy your freedom. People die of the flu all the time.
>>
Thomas Bemblebanks - Thu, 28 May 2020 18:44:18 EST E2Yofruj No.185598 Reply
>>185596
Perhaps it's gonna be a cool 100k dead in Texas alone.
Cool man, let it rip I know nobody from there.
>>
Hamilton Sashgold - Thu, 28 May 2020 18:46:45 EST 89BDuEJt No.185599 Reply
>>185596
Doesn't it bother you that the only two countries that did nothing to prevent this are the US and Brazil?
>>
Basil Drobblekat - Thu, 28 May 2020 18:56:53 EST 4scaaRdR No.185601 Reply
>>185596

>scientifically illiterate
>emotion-based decision making
>FREEDUM
>from texas

do i even need to say anything
>>
William Bluffingcocke - Thu, 28 May 2020 20:58:47 EST eW7lNgCN No.185602 Reply
>>185596

This post is comedic genius. You've all been had.
>>
Frederick Pullycocke - Fri, 29 May 2020 11:50:52 EST /H60cjeY No.185620 Reply
>>185619
It's /adorable/ that there are still small businesses that think they're in any position to turn away customers. This won't last long and is pretty absurd.
>>
Lillian Wupperforth - Fri, 29 May 2020 13:10:27 EST pjSfU+g+ No.185621 Reply
>>185620
You say that like this isn't a marketing tactic so that "YOU DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO" types won't go there and dump money to show support.
>>
Walter Senkinpit - Fri, 29 May 2020 14:17:09 EST AaPbKm4i No.185622 Reply
>>185621
And it's something I see very very very often, and in this context it's a great way to trip over your own dick because people who would be drawn by such pandering generally aren't very many in number and don't have a lot of money.
>>
William Sanderwudge - Fri, 29 May 2020 18:46:25 EST mAC82oEZ No.185628 Reply
>>185622
Very true. Pandering to this demo is not profitable in the long run because people go to restaurants for their service not their politics. The ones attracted to a "whites only" display on the window would be racial tourists who come from out of town to eat there once in order to make a statement and who would not be return customers unlike the community in which the restaurant is based.
>>
William Sambleluck - Sat, 30 May 2020 11:43:22 EST 5Mj+g4AD No.185643 Reply
>>185638

"One cannot be racist on a moving train"
-Vladimir Lenin
>>
Fanny Grimham - Tue, 02 Jun 2020 20:48:20 EST Rb09iYiv No.185732 Reply
So coronavirus is in the background now? Like HIV/AIDS in 90s?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.