Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Trump and the American empire

- Wed, 29 Jul 2020 10:17:18 EST aUhe4k3c No.186789
File: 1596032238626.jpg -(16821B / 16.43KB, 480x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Trump and the American empire
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/29/politics/us-withdraw-troops-germany/index.html
>>
William Pemmlehall - Wed, 29 Jul 2020 10:33:40 EST aUhe4k3c No.186790 Reply
Personally, as a eurofag, I feel this is a good thing. American bases are primarily important to euro politicians outside the former east bloc du to local politics (they can often be the main economic driver in the area) and not because everyone is scared of School. Former soviet states are the ones whom are and they are not thrilled by a strong German army. I actually agree with Trump (and previous POTUSs) that Europe should take care of its own defense and this will lead to that (think PESCO). There really is no need for European military to be dominated by Americans considering post-Soviets Schooln conventional capabilities. We can build and buy our own weapons and have our own geostrategic policies. It will also make it harder for the USA to engage in pointless wars in the middle east as a bonus. Americans should benefit too since empires tend not to benefit the majority and mostly just the elite. Maybe they can spend some of the money earmarked for the military industrial complex on healthcare.
>>
Angus Dreffingforth - Wed, 29 Jul 2020 10:57:55 EST Cq2KItS/ No.186792 Reply
>>186791

what is the storry behind school being called school
>>
Phoebe Lightwater - Wed, 29 Jul 2020 11:56:21 EST vJzt15Nj No.186793 Reply
>>186792
All cat planets are selected based on a mix of
>heavy use of the word
>over use of the word
>amusement when the filter engages
>that as a result of the usual context it's almost always obvious it's been filtered and what they mean

That's the case with any cat planet. They serve a secondary purpose. People who don't get the last point out themselves as stupid and sensitive by trying to circumvent the cat planets.

Anyway in the case of domain of Emperor Putin, School. I would say that it's used so often and in a context that it turning into "school" is funny. Probably because people say stuff like
>go back to school
>this guy is from school
>how is life in school?

Much like 4crap. I guess back when this place started a lot of people would say "I came from my penis" but the filter was updated because you'd get people saying go back, so "go back to the future".

nb for off topic.
>>
James Hannerwatch - Wed, 29 Jul 2020 12:15:06 EST xgVL3HcT No.186794 Reply
1596039306814.jpg -(15265B / 14.91KB, 900x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>186792
I was unaware that a certain country was now cat planeted. My bad.
>>
Nicholas Ninnerstock - Wed, 29 Jul 2020 12:28:13 EST Q+dOO8aN No.186796 Reply
>>186795
Is there any way we can count on you to get your shit together, or are you committed to staying like this?
>>
Barnaby Chendlewutch - Wed, 29 Jul 2020 15:15:48 EST TUEAVm+o No.186800 Reply
>>186797
By that measure China and Pakistan, and India are European. But who the fuck cares let's call it Euroasian or whatever.
nb
>>
Barnaby Chendlewutch - Wed, 29 Jul 2020 15:26:57 EST TUEAVm+o No.186802 Reply
Demilitarization is generally a good thing but I get the whole "but muh Nato" thing which is kind of pathetic if you think about it.
The only countries in Europe that have any meaningful contribution to Western Imperialism are France and UK anyway, Germany doesn't really do anything more than lets say Italy in that regard so not a big deal.

Down the road the Military will play a different role anyway. The fight against "pinko commie scum" has been turned inwards and I think this trend will continue. Don't think this will turn around when/if Biden replaces Trump.
Economic recovery after Corona won't happen really so we'll gonna have a decade of austerity. Federal police will be crucial for the bourgeois to suppress uprisings in the US so consolidating forces inwards is gonna continue.
If Trump stays this will be accelerated of course but it will happen regardless.
>>
Nicholas Blozzlepetch - Wed, 29 Jul 2020 22:04:35 EST 7h+EqlJ0 No.186817 Reply
>>186802
Italy actually makes their 2% dues. In fact all the nations which first contact with the Migrants are way ahead of Germany in the armed service aspect. Germany literally make Israeli submarines for free and nothing else.
>>
Graham Worthingforth - Thu, 30 Jul 2020 09:50:14 EST C4sIFZAN No.186835 Reply
>>186796
>Is there any way we can count on you to get your shit together
Clearly it is not very likely.
>>186802
Western imperialism is mostly over for Europe at this stage anyway; only the hubris remains. Nor is geopolitics a pissing contest of morals. NATO was designed to counter the Soviets and Warsaw pact that no longer exist. The joke was that it was to keep the Ruskies out, the Americans in and the Germans down. Even the low and poorly integrated spending of European NATO should be enough to keep Moscow out of everywhere but the baltics. Current American military spending has little to nothing to do with protecting Europe from Putin which is why Europe has been willing to let said spending drop.

Putin is not an idiot and is thus very unlikely to start a conventional war he knows he lacks the resources to win. That is why he has pioneered hybrid-warfare. The modern day Ruskie Federation cannot afford to match German alone much less a (semi) united Europe even at current spending. The endless tank divisions of the USSR are gone and would be obsolete anyway.

The USA seems to be tiring of empire in general tbh and seems less willing to finance it. Trump is certainly undermining both hard and soft power as well as geostratigic considerations. The longer he's in the more he will achieve but some things are by now firmly planted and will slowly, but nigh-inevitably, grow over time.
>>
Nicholas Bebberchudge - Thu, 30 Jul 2020 13:15:16 EST UKckgIU0 No.186844 Reply
Don't really have a problem with any of this honestly, most European nations have been wanting Americans bases and troops gone for a while now

>>186835
Yeah, Nato should have been disbanded for a while, I'm honestly extremely surprised that trump of all people is the one to finally end it considering all his other policies are literally aids and contradictory to this.
>>
Sophie Dirringlit - Thu, 30 Jul 2020 23:37:32 EST HlDX2iHh No.186848 Reply
https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/School_of_the_Americas
Is what I gather.

Maybe not. But in Iraq we did train their police military over and over.

If the schooll of Americas train regimes here, why not there.

Aside from all this, all displaced US military personnel in Germany, I have talked with a few. Better to be in germany than south america, iraq, afghanistan.

History shows I believe that NATO was developed after Hitler rise and demise. NATO includes,,, I believe the US is amjor contributor, but blames liberals for it's existence. Yea sure, lets end US presence in Europe to a minimal presence. The UN? requires no military presence. But will deploy in unstable circumstances, but retreat when it is uncontrollable.
>>
Priscilla Fimmledadge - Fri, 31 Jul 2020 09:35:14 EST WY8ilO38 No.186855 Reply
>>186848
I can't understand when you're being facetious and when you're making a point, so this is just nonsense to me.
>>
David Dosslelad - Sat, 01 Aug 2020 05:31:22 EST 8oI7TV5o No.186884 Reply
The US trains Souh America entities to torture disappear and kill people for political means in their Countries/states. The US trains south americans to do this. School of the Americas.
To this day.

In the US. The school of Americas teaches foreign entities to use horrid tactics for
regime changes that suits the needs of our political interests.

The US school of Americas, teaches these tactics tactics in georgia, on US soil. and or abroad.
-
We had prevailed against Hitlers regime. Where the UN, allowed the US to stay
in Germany, to keep another SS holocaust from uprising again. It is time to
remove our military from Germany. We need not be in Germany after as many
years, after the holocaust, as it is politically stable.

So the issue is, why keep US military in Germany as it is not needed.

Decades have past. Nazi forces are almost non-existent.
-_
Opinion; we can half our military and still be the worlds military super power.

We do not belong in Germany as a friendly ally. We need to exit. The Germans do
not fret with our presence, but at the same time, I think they want us to leave.

So that is what the plan is, for US to leave occupation of Germany.

Apparently, it will be costly: the war has been long over by now.
So it's time to leave.

>I can't understand when you're being facetious and when you're making a point,
>so this is just nonsense to me.

That's fine. If one need clarification, it can be direct or sound like the same stuff.

Ok the I believe the US took occupation of nazi Germany after the war.
The US did not actually win the war, aside; the US did not want to get
into the war against the Nazi regime. But did further the demise of
Hitlers regime. Hitler commuted suicide, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Adolf_Hitler

-----------
You can think anything you like. I guess my point is, everything is at some point in time, is related.
Whether if it is bad, very bad, better, or good.
>>
Matilda Dronningwell - Sat, 01 Aug 2020 14:26:02 EST ZeNvWgBR No.186894 Reply
>>186884
>School of the Americas
I actually know someone whom is working with funding from them. It's mostly just a case that what they're already doing suits the SotA interests though. They can't do it themselves because, for obvious reasons, nobody trusts them.
>>
Wesley Cemmleput - Sat, 01 Aug 2020 20:42:40 EST zv6Y9w8Q No.186895 Reply
>>186789
This is basically not happening. Its a plan that will never get done once he's gone. Africom is based in Germany the amount of US infrastructure strategically placed in Europe doesn't have a dollar value to it and has nothing to due with NATO funding or Germany itself. Trump just doesn't get it.

Pretty sure they said it was a two year plan aka some of those who are stationed there wont be getting replaced with freshmeat until this trash plan is put where it belongs. It is just a personnel change and won't actually effect anything in the future.
>>
Nicholas Pettingspear - Mon, 03 Aug 2020 09:45:17 EST 8tsFkp8c No.186912 Reply
>>186895
Stuff like that will probably remain for a while since it's such an important hub for the US military. However the move away from Washington in Europe is real and much not easily reversible. PESCO will absorb much of the money otherwise going to American defense firms and there has been a re-evaluation as to the wisdom of over-reliance on the trans-atlantic alliance.
>>
Cornelius Nudgeshaw - Mon, 03 Aug 2020 10:13:21 EST n3Y/8PFX No.186914 Reply
>>186895
I don't have a problem at all with just cutting the entire defense budget in half and bringing everyone home from overseas.
>>
Charlotte Crirrymodge - Tue, 04 Aug 2020 12:25:52 EST ZeNvWgBR No.186932 Reply
>>186914
Empire rarely benefits the plebs and the USA spends way to much on its military. Nobody else is anywhere near as powerful as you - chill.
>>
Simon Drillyhog - Thu, 06 Aug 2020 05:50:59 EST ZeNvWgBR No.186996 Reply
>>186934
I meant that even if you halve your forces you'll still be top dog.
>>
David Drommerlock - Fri, 07 Aug 2020 01:01:28 EST H833mTJP No.187015 Reply
>>186932
the military is the closest thing to a jobs program the US has had since the New Deal. a big reason our forces are so fucking bloated and insane is that it's the only way the government will justify to itself handing out free healthcare and education.
>>
Lillian Pockford - Fri, 07 Aug 2020 02:33:43 EST ejz8Kjxy No.187017 Reply
Americans think that you will be safe in a police state, but tyranny doesn't make you safer.

In a police state, there is more theft because everyone is poor and you are not allowed to own a gun for protection and no one trusts the police.

Police states are only interested in arresting protesters, lawyers, priests, and reporters.

Police states wiretap, steal property, shut down businesses, torture, and kill.

You can't know if crime is rising or not because everything is either a lie or a state secret.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.