Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Switzerland votes for highest minimum wage in the world

- Wed, 14 Oct 2020 12:22:20 EST 2MTu2kbm No.188080
File: 1602692540610.jpg -(112007B / 109.38KB, 960x639) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Switzerland votes for highest minimum wage in the world
https://www.businessinsider.com/switzerland-geneva-introduce-minimum-wage-highest-in-world-2020-10
>Voters in the Swiss canton of Geneva have voted to introduce a minimum wage of 23 Swiss francs ($25) an hour — making it the highest in the world.

>Geneva's minimum wage is more than triple the US federal minimum wage of $7.25 and more than double the UK minimum wage of £8.72, or $11.28, for people 25 and over.

>The vote to introduce a minimum wage followed the coronavirus pandemic hitting its retail and travel sector hard, according to The Guardian.
>>
Isabella Billingcocke - Wed, 14 Oct 2020 23:47:35 EST 3VAWpaGG No.188092 Reply
>>188080
I got chills reading this for some reason, jobs around here usually pay 9$ though me being without a job since restaurants were hit will probably go for 12$ at the local grocery chain (I've never made more than 11.50$ even at fancier places with a high capacity making entrees etc. Servers have always made the real money but I've enjoyed the comraderie & shenanigans back of house
>>
Chinabot - Thu, 15 Oct 2020 10:48:12 EST zv6Y9w8Q No.188095 Reply
>>188080
Alright so I'm not a lasie faire capitalist at all but this is serious going to price people out of jobs. Idk know the whole picture in Switzerland but I imagine this will do nothing but increase unemployment. Those who are employed though probably gonna do alright though.

Guessing here and honestly havent read about it but could be a push to keep some people who are unemployable onto their welfare state model while demanding companies compensate those who are employable with a wage that would replace the default entitlement of state aid and actually give them a disposable income. Pretty cool idea if that is the plan imo
>>
Henry Buzzson - Thu, 15 Oct 2020 12:13:37 EST AaPbKm4i No.188097 Reply
>>188095
Nice meme.

Heard it since the 80s when minimum wage was four bucks.
>>
Samuel Sepperforth - Thu, 15 Oct 2020 15:43:36 EST XwLj+EVg No.188100 Reply
Geneva is hella expensive so people there actually need that much money.
>>
Oliver Pickstock - Thu, 15 Oct 2020 17:21:23 EST zv6Y9w8Q No.188105 Reply
>>188097
Lol nice vague response. What is the meme? That companies would much rather pay one person $25 then two people $25 when they can or they want companies to provide more income then social services.
>>
Chinabot - Sat, 17 Oct 2020 10:54:07 EST zv6Y9w8Q No.188122 Reply
>>188106
Lol great conversation thanks for trying to discuss this concept and change my mind. Note that I didnt say it was a bad thing as if unemployment does rise Switzerland does have the programs to support those unemployed and I do also think those who work should be compensated higher than a UBI
>>
Frederick Damblewater - Sat, 17 Oct 2020 15:21:13 EST kKn+n84m No.188127 Reply
>>188122
You would sit there and repeat the same lie that has been echoed in conserve beliefs since the first minimum wage, and pretend you have a mind that can be changed? Doubt. It's never been true. Ever.
>>
Nathaniel Fugglebock - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 00:12:21 EST zv6Y9w8Q No.188132 Reply
>>188127
When did I ever say minimum wage was bad? When did I say I don't think there should be a minimum wage? I support a minimum wage but economics are economics. You are also really dumb if you think THE problem is can be solved my minimum wage.

An increase in taxes and more social programs would decrease the problems in a much bigger way then a minimum wage hike. say I'm conservative again. You sound ultra American and super uneducated on socialized states
>>
Nathaniel Fugglebock - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 11:58:10 EST zv6Y9w8Q No.188147 Reply
>>188144
If you really dont think that's a thing you have a hole in your head. Look at automation and tell me that as a heartless company using a kiosk or other form of automation for a onetime investment that pales into comparison to the cost of a worker for one year wouldnt appeal to you.

I think you're the one full of bullshit and memes. Life isnt black and white and you dont have to be conservative or liberal. Mostly I consider myself liberal but I think there are truths to some conservative ideas when it comes to microeconomics but pretty much NEVER macro. Could a loss of unskilled jobs lead to an increase in skilled labor? Yeah sure all those robots are going to need technicians and IT people. You're very dogmatic and have poor communication skills. It would be nice if you could provide anything other for me to consider other then "LOL THATS A LIE" because it's really not. Basically I'm so fucking liberal that I think money is a fucking scam and that increasing someone's pay will only result in price changes to compensate for the employers loss. It's called the standing up effect a basic principle of inflation. I'll say it once again higher taxes on business and an increase in social programs is the real way to spread the wealth.

In my opinion the minimum wage is controlled opposition because it relies on money and prices which is what "they" control
>>
Walter Pammlekeck - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 13:16:01 EST fxZPTs+O No.188150 Reply
>>188147
Those machines have a million markups and rents attached and don't generate surplus value. Workers will never be fully replaced except in instances where corporations can sustain losses because of exploitation of human labor-power elsewhere. The pliable and variable nature of human labor-power makes it a unique source of value that a machine like a kiosk simply can not replace in its entirety.

The issue from automation is that, at the level of the whole economy, there is no guarantee that the number of jobs generated from automation will equal the number of jobs lost. American society could automate its manufacturing and offshore the rest because it expanded its service sector in so doing. But that's not something that can be repeated with the service sector. As that automates, there are fewer jobs period.

That's a natural outcome of capitalist competition, however. It's going to happen regardless of whether or not workers demand higher wages.
>>
Chinabot - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 15:03:49 EST zv6Y9w8Q No.188153 Reply
>>188150
I agree automation can not and will not replace all jobs but an increased incentive for businesses to explore that would be increased labor costs. My main point is that a minimum wage increase will not and never has solved the problems of income inequality. I think more aggressive methods should be used and the increased minimum wage argument is just a distraction to the fundamental failings of the system.
>>
Hedda Ficklehall - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:16:00 EST DbC7oknk No.188156 Reply
>>188147
>If you really dont think that's a thing you have a hole in your head.
Haha here we fukkin go... "I'm no conservative uber-capitalist, but here's how giving the workers anything at all will crash the economy and if you don't agree you're not as smart as I am."

Just say that. You don't have to write all that shit out I'm not going to read.
>>
Hedda Ficklehall - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 17:16:53 EST DbC7oknk No.188157 Reply
>>188153
Automation is an eventuality, not a consequence of high wages, dummy. Do you think your boss won't replace you the second he can get you better and cheaper?
>No, here's why I'm special...
Save it.
>>
Chinabot - Sun, 18 Oct 2020 18:26:24 EST zv6Y9w8Q No.188158 Reply
1603059984024.png -(6717B / 6.56KB, 621x538) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>188156
If you're not going to read my argument you cant call me stubborn you would have also missed the point when I said that we should take directly from the capitalists and invest it into the workers and minimum wage is the least effective way to do it.

>>188157
I never said anything like that this post doesnt deserve and honest response.

I really dont understand why you're getting all bent out of shape and saying I think we shouldn't give more to the workers. That is the opposite of what I'm saying my thought is that increased minimum wages are really ineffective because it just goes back to relying on the free market to do the workers good(it doesnt). It increases the demand for goods without increasing the supply for starters and lowers the profit margin which business are desperate to protect. Are you just arguing in bad faith because I said a triggering phrase or do you just not have any actual points?
>>
Clara Porringnene - Mon, 19 Oct 2020 07:45:42 EST FsHHFbKS No.188161 Reply
>>188158
>Are you just arguing in bad faith because I said a triggering phrase
Are you going to sit there and bitch about being called a predatory capitalist when you talk like one? If you don't want to get called a clown, you look awfully foolish in a clown suit.
>>
Sophie Dacklefuck - Mon, 19 Oct 2020 11:17:34 EST vJzt15Nj No.188165 Reply
>>188158
So suggest some shit. not all of it even has to be things you'd choose. I can think of a few but I'm not digging you out here. The US has a particularly large amount low hanging fruit as far as increasing the standard of living for the poorest goes without directly giving them money. Places like Sweden and Norway plucked them long ago but also have a much higher standard of living for the people who aren't super rich.
>>
Chinabot - Tue, 20 Oct 2020 01:53:44 EST zv6Y9w8Q No.188173 Reply
>>188161
Lame trolling dude. I guess this is the part where you want me to say you're just mad because I make more money than you and then you go on about how in shallow. Idk your game is boring

>>188165
Expanding section 8, lower requirements for food stamps/wic, subsidized vocational training programs, expansion of Medicare, increased regulation on corporations, the closing of tax loopholes and increasing expenditures on infrastructure investment. Pretty much anything that adds value or provides services instead of sliding the numbers over is a better idea.
>>
Thomas Greenwell - Tue, 20 Oct 2020 08:47:11 EST pRZJAvRJ No.188183 Reply
>>188173
>this is the part where you want me to say you're just mad because I make more money than you
If you're working off a script then just stop posting. You literally just said that in order to brag about your wealth. You're transparent as fuck.
>>
Chinabot - Tue, 20 Oct 2020 20:34:21 EST zv6Y9w8Q No.188206 Reply
>>188183
I'm not wealthy lmao I dont make much per year. That is just the perfect response to you because you assume I am a predatory capitalist because I have a basic understanding of Keynesian economics and argue for a more aggressive graduated income tax and an increase in social spending vs an increase in minimum wage which not only favors large corps over small to medium businesses but also shifts price up to compensate for employer losses.

Pretty sure you're just a bad faith troll because you just pick one part of my post and attack it an never the ideas. Whatever

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.