Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

Batons for Civ use.

- Fri, 08 Jan 2016 18:21:25 EST zMLPI6zV No.42009
File: 1452295285883.jpg -(145509B / 142.10KB, 1108x798) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Batons for Civ use.
I recently invested in an expandable baton. My first course on defensive techniques is in march, till then I either plan on playing with this thing every night till i feel comfortable carrying it or sticking it in a drawer till march. I've spent hours on the web watching videos on the "proper" use of these and I feel i understand the concept of lethal and non lethal strikes..my question is; if i hypothetically draw one of these shouldn't I feel my life is in danger? and in that case shouldn't a lethal strike be justified?
>>
Simon Clicklewell - Fri, 08 Jan 2016 20:39:05 EST w4ctr438 No.42010 Reply
>>42009
Make sure they're not illegal in your state.
>>
Esther Clinnerpat - Sat, 09 Jan 2016 21:57:41 EST inunGp6+ No.42011 Reply
>>42009 its a god damn bat, avoid smacking the dude once you established your saftey and you are good to go.
>>
Eliza Hibblehodge - Sun, 17 Jan 2016 01:42:06 EST I895lmtE No.42028 Reply
>>42009

I've got that S&W baton, it's nice. Would hurt like a bitch if you got hit with it.
>>
Jenny Pubberwedge - Sun, 17 Jan 2016 21:14:02 EST 7Hwk0nrL No.42032 Reply
1453083242733.jpg -(699209B / 682.82KB, 1600x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I have a baton, pic related.

Sort of a funny story about how I came across it. I manage an apartment complex, and we used to have these really shitty white trash tenants in one of our units here. I eventually evicted them when they started shouting at me for writing them up for letting their dogs outside without a leash, and their daughter's boyfriend started posturing and threatening me (while I had a pistol in my IWB holster, lol).

Anyway, this family had a friend who stayed with them for a few months. He was a short fat guy (all of the people in that apartment were obese and filthy) who claimed to have been a Navy Seal and was always going on about himself and making grandiose claims. One of his claims was that he worked as a bounty hunter. Well, one day, a bunch of cops show up at the front door of these tenants' apartment, and I see a bunch of commotion on the cameras I have wired up all over the property. Shortly thereafter, the tenants come to my office and say that this friend of theirs is no longer welcome in their apartment, and they would appreciate it if I had a civil restraining order filed against him so that he could not lawfully enter the premises of the apartment complex. They also gave me a large cardboard box full of his personal belongings and asked me to hold onto them and give them to the guy if he came back for them.

It turns out, the guy had sexually assaulted the 12-year-old daughter of the tenants, and the police were now looking for him and had a warrant for his arrest. Swell. I told the tenants that I would hold onto the personal property for 30 days and if he hadn't claimed it by then, I would dispose of it. After they left, I began taking an inventory of the property, and amongst other things, I found this baton, a Beretta brand tactical knife, various pouches for a tactical belt or chest carrier, a container of law enforcement-grade pepper spray, a metal bail enforcement badge in a leather flip-case, and various folders and documents from a bail enforcement class. It turns out that at least one of this guy's bullshit stories was true, he has apparently attended a bounty hunter class and had some weapons that could presumably be used to carry out that sort of work.

Needless to say, this guy did not show up at the property again, so I tossed most of the stuff and kept the weapons. I looked them up online and the knife and the baton are worth about $100 each. I keep the baton downstairs in my office, and I always carry a pistol in my inside-waistband holster, because the apartments I manage are not located in the best neighborhood. Hearing gunshots is a pretty common occurrence, at least three shootings have taken place within the actual boundaries of the property since I began managing it several years ago. Last summer, two men opened fire on one of the buildings from the neighboring property's parking lot with a pistol and a semi-automatic rifle. They put about twenty rounds into the building, penetrating stucco, windows, drywall, doors, tenants' personal property, etc. which caused about $6000 worth of damage, according to the insurance claims agent I met with.

Essentially, a violent area where both myself and the owner of the property agree that I should be armed at all times when on the property and at my office. One a few occasions, I have had to threaten the use of force against drunkards, homeless people, scavengers, belligerent visitors, etc. One one occasion, a man was threatening one of my tenants with a knife, and after trying to defuse the situation peaceably and calling the police, I had to return to my office to retrieve my AK type rifle and approach the man and order him to immediately leave the property and not to return. He immediately got into his vehicle and sped away, nearly backing into a vehicle parked across the street.

I once approached a (visibly) unarmed drunkard on the property with my baton after receiving reports from tenants that a black man was stumbling around and looking over people's back patio fences for things to steal. I called the police and grabbed my baton and a flashlight. When I confronted him, he had lifted a tenant's bicycle from their back patio and was leaning against the fence. I told him to leave the bike and exit the property immediately, with my flashlight pointed at his eyes and my baton in the ready position as demonstrated in various videos I had watched (elbow out, tip of baton near my dominant shoulder). He was very intoxicated and seemed to think that I was a police officer. He left the bike, stayed well away from me and my baton, and stumbled off of the property before the cops arrived.

Luckily, I have never had to fire a weapon or strike someone with my baton while protecting the tenants or the property. I hope it remains that way, but I know that if anyone is going to protect these people, it's going to have to be me. None of the tenants own a firearm, and they all seem very apathetic about ensuring their own personal security. However, they are always the first to criticize the owner or the police for supposedly not doing enough to keep criminals away. They don't have any sense of duty or obligation to the people around them, or even to themselves. The majority of them are obese, slovenly welfare parasites sort of stumbling through life, demanding things from people while contributing nothing to society. It's very sad to see, as I see an ideal society as one where working class people control their own destinies and have an equal say in their civil and economic affairs. Unfortunately, working around these people has not given me any faith in their ability to manage their own affairs if they were given the opportunity.
>>
Archie Hucklechudge - Wed, 27 Jan 2016 18:29:12 EST zMLPI6zV No.42112 Reply
>>42110
The Watchman. Beating homeless vagrant and evil doers alike.
This ever vigilant and always ready super hero, watches the complex with a keen eye and steady hand.
Equipped with a baton and pepper spray this modern day Hercules has no use for petty firearms. He prefers to beat and stun his opponents into submission.
His trusty side kick Securi-boy often tags along on the adventures with only a 12 inch pocket baton and his knowledge, learned from his G string clad mentor. To help him.
>>
Nigger Blupperwell - Thu, 28 Jan 2016 16:21:30 EST 7Hwk0nrL No.42113 Reply
>>42110
>>42112

lol, you guys. The reason I dealt with the drunk thief with a baton rather than a firearm was because I could clearly see that he was not going to be much of a physical threat to me. I believe in the escalation of force that I was trained to use in the army. That is, using the minimum amount of force necessary to pacify a threat. In this case, all I had to do to stop this guy from stealing my tenant's bike was to assert myself with a flashlight and a baton. There was no need to come out with my AK charged and ready. In the other circumstance, where the guy had a knife and was threatening to kill one of my tenant's, it became necessary to show that I had a firearm and was willing to use it if he tried to harm anyone.

I really don't like doing this kind of thing, I don't think it's cool, and it actually makes me feel bad and kind of regretful when I have to confront someone with a weapon. I wish I didn't have to do it, but like I said, if I didn't, I know that no one else around here would. People would just be walking off with bikes and attacking each other and breaking into places and no one would stop them. I know for a fact that none of my tenants own a firearm, and the cops can take between 30 minutes and in one case over 10 hours to respond to threats, violence, or gunfire. So it's pretty much up to me, even though I'm naturally a laid back kind of guy. Such is life in the hood.
>>
m - Sat, 29 Feb 2020 20:38:43 EST +r/TPXgS No.44186 Reply
>>42009
You've already managed to prove within just 3 sentences that you dont know fuck all about your tool. There's no such thing as a non-lethal strike. Its either a lethal or less than lethal strike, with the second only always marginally capable of causing eventual death.

Buy some pepper spray if you can't handle the fact that a guaranteed non-lethal strike isn't even possible. Always be mentally prepared to end someone's life by accident or if necessary if you ever plan to use it against someone.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.