Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

SHOTSHOW 2020

- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 20:13:04 EST peDWPPX1 No.44145
File: 1579914784610.png -(40786B / 39.83KB, 400x320) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. SHOTSHOW 2020
What the fuck, Isn't the new decade suppose to bring a new era of innovation? Shot Show 2020 footage and news is literally all uninspired ar-15 deriatives and pistol carbines/chassis's and (LITERAL) Glock clones, it's literally all ASS. it's ASS where the innovation in the firearms industry gone? This is quite possibly one of the most dissapointing shot shows to date.
>>
Jenny Gabbershaw - Sat, 25 Jan 2020 01:35:53 EST YtoEyx4n No.44146 Reply
>>44145
Shot show has always been boring. If anything the last couple years have been great because Obama hasn't been in office and everyone at Shot Show isn't moping around depressed and annoyed that anything that looks half way neat won't ever be seen on shelves due to panic buying. And even if you could get something new and cool you couldn't get ammo for it.

There has also been some cool stuff. And I mean come on, who doesn't like the possibility of a 300 dollar glock clone? There is also the YEET CANNON this year, a Stainless Rhino, The Alien, and while not at Shot Show; the new Henry.
>>
Edwin Wogglesed - Sat, 25 Jan 2020 01:46:37 EST peDWPPX1 No.44147 Reply
1579934797610.jpg -(95267B / 93.03KB, 2000x1407) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>44146
I guess you're right, I'm just cynical I suppose and while the outburst of affordable guns is now really becoming a thing with cool and cheap AR's/AK's/and glock clones it just feels like theres nothing every really ground-breaking, it just feels like firearms technology just completely plateaued and there's nothing really revolutionary being done anymore. (But the new Rhinos, mateba's being brought back and that weird PDW black rhino thing chiappa brought was pretty cool thought.)
>>
Edwin Wogglesed - Sat, 25 Jan 2020 01:52:17 EST peDWPPX1 No.44148 Reply
Also the FN booth FUCKING SUCKED this year, I mean what the fuck a fns but with a red dot mount and a 4000 dollar creedmoore DMR that noone asked for? Wheres ATLEAST the fucking non-reciprocating scar-SC charging handle? Or hell the Scar-SC (Even if it is just another SCAR). So dissapointing, I just want them to bring back the fs2000 at this point even if it wasn't very profitable.
>>
Jenny Gabbershaw - Sat, 25 Jan 2020 03:34:39 EST YtoEyx4n No.44149 Reply
>>44147
Yeah, I've got a list of shit I'm trying to get my hands on before summer because the election is going to stir prices up at the very least if not a full on panic. God forbid Congress goes full blue or Trump gets replaced. Going to be back in the dark ages a-fucking-gain. And this time around, I don't think gun rights will survive. I honestly doubt there will be another Republican president after Trump which isn't necessarily a bad thing but those neoliberal "progressives" are hell bent full on confiscation. The past 4 years have been the best time to be into guns probably ever due to low cost and crazy innovation. It won't last much longer unless we get 4 more years. Then it is all over at that point if you ask me. Anyways here is my list of shit to get:

>PSA AK-V +10 mags and a couple drums. ~1200 doll hairs
>Mini-14 700+mags
>M1A 1,000,000 dollars
>P226 in .357 Sig Prolly like 800 lol
>Mossberg MVP in 5.56 Like 500?
>Rem 700, Savage 110, or Tikka T3 in .22-250 lolidk
>22/45 300
>Ruger GP100 600
>Tokarev or CZ 52 200
>AR SBR in .300 Blackout+Suppressor Another mil
>Maybe an AK just for the shits and giggles. 700ish

Most of that shit is unlikely to be banned anytime soon and could be gotten under an AWB anyways so I'm not too pressed. I've got a line on an LE traded p226 but it is 9mm and I really want .357 Sig. It is West German and really cheap but I dunno. Mags for them are crazy expensive and every gun I get that takes mags I get at least 10 for it because they can break under use. I probably won't ever get an M1A realistically because that shit is just too damn costly.

It's kinda funny, I've gun bolt actions that don't even have optics on them because I've just been trying to get shit that will be banned. I've always figured I'd kit out my guns after an AWB is enacted and you can't buy shit. I doubt they'll go so far as to ban flashlights, NV, and scopes, at least for the next decade. Of course, they're trying to ban shit like body armor so who knows with the fascist cunts. I already have a CCW so I don't even have to do background checks at gun stores; wish they'd fuck off and leave us legal people alone; such bullshit.

I'll probably get the AK-V and the 226 first. Then start the NFA process on the AR second. Then collect the Mini and AK third. The rest of that shit will probably get put on the backburner as I find more ban likely shit to collect. If they allow grandfathering I'll be sitting on a goldmine 20 years from now.
>>
Phoebe Magglehood - Sat, 25 Jan 2020 05:41:51 EST B/1UqIzU No.44150 Reply
>>44149
this is hoarding and mental illness all wrapped up into one poor soul
>>
Jenny Gabbershaw - Sat, 25 Jan 2020 08:52:05 EST YtoEyx4n No.44151 Reply
>>44150
Yeah, w/e. Hate more faget. Bet you're one of those turds who says, "Welp, can't shoot but one gun at a time. I'm a Samuri warrior! I can shoot one gun perfectly, I don't need nothing but my 1911."
>>
Charles Hinnershit - Sun, 26 Jan 2020 10:17:46 EST RTKm38hZ No.44152 Reply
>>44150

>people who collect things I don't like are mentally ill hoarders!

lmao
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Frederick Hongerfere - Tue, 28 Jan 2020 11:20:39 EST PJS4mi4d No.44154 Reply
>>44151
I betcha he doesn't even shoot lol. You know how these boards can be
>>
Sidney Cullyhall - Thu, 30 Jan 2020 12:32:13 EST RW0Ej/kd No.44155 Reply
M1 carbine was the last reliable weapon platform produced
>>
Charles Duddlestit - Fri, 31 Jan 2020 13:15:42 EST rHpVdMbL No.44158 Reply
>>44155

My ww2 vet grampa always told me that it was way easier to kill someone with an m1 carbine by beating them with it, instead of shooting them with it
>>
Martin Beppertun - Sun, 02 Feb 2020 23:07:18 EST YtoEyx4n No.44161 Reply
>>44158
>>44155
Mags for the M1 Carbine were intended to be used once and thrown away and usually issues stemmed from shitty magazines. Also, certain manufacturing firms were worse than others. They're generally pretty reliable but no where near as reliable as a modern m4 or AR platform.
>>
Sidney Wovingchure - Mon, 03 Feb 2020 23:06:25 EST lbwR06DU No.44163 Reply
>>44145
Maybe if we could get the bullshit sanctions lifted on Chinese and balloon animal arms there would be some cool shit to show.

Add to that the constant back and forth from the ATF with braces/stocks, SBS, SBRs, and the bullshit new categories they are creating and you just get a bunch of the same shit. So many things are now locked up in this new category which is wholly undefined and products that were previously fine are now essentially in a holding period, despite stock at shops and online, and will just sit until they set whatever new arbitrary guidelines they want to put out.

Still pissed that after 4 fucking years of owning my Origin SBV the ATF just up and decided they weren't allowed anymore.
>>
Clara Worthingwill - Tue, 04 Feb 2020 00:39:29 EST L3OApqGQ No.44164 Reply
Im just glad Kalashnikov USA is finally releasing a rifle. For the longest time all they had were the AK looking shotguns. They're just not my thing.

https://youtu.be/QzRPvv_j6DE
>>
John Blucklechere - Thu, 27 Feb 2020 21:21:13 EST UcEdqcd/ No.44182 Reply
>>44145
I mean, what do you want man? Small arms are really, really good. There's little headroom for revolutionary improvement.

Go caseless or plastic ammo and you get head buildup.
Go DEW and you get super heavy batteries.
Go flechette and you get a meme gun.

There's no innovation because we're going to need fundamental advances in materials science to get any big shifts in the state of the art for guns.

The only promising stuff is patents expiring and opening competition, like EOTech's holographic sight patents expiring, resulting in cheaper and better holos like the UH-1 and more to come. But that's still basically just iterative improvements and lower costs.

The only other promising area is digital integration, but that's at least 10 years from the commercial sector and isn't going to take off quickly unless there's unexpected military adoption. State of the art there with compute units and AR displays is incredibly promising for consumer electronics in the next 5 years, but not yet small or reliable enough for firearms, and fuck all work has been done to develop useful software for use with firearms.

I feel like you have unrealistic expectations for what innovation should look like in a mature and competitive industry.
>>
Betsy Sullerworth - Thu, 27 Feb 2020 23:07:02 EST fdfM3Hq5 No.44183 Reply
>>44182
>Imagine waiting 20 years for someone to make a 3d printable gizmo that hooks into an arduino that pulls the trigger on your semi-auto gun to make it seem full auto all for the cost of 2k dollars.
>Then some memelord /k/ommando mag dumps his SKS with a tapco mag faster with his 1337 bumpfire skills for the cost of ammo and a few crows feet from smiling too wide.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.