Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Ammunition question

- Tue, 14 Apr 2020 22:05:08 EST Sdx1cOoW No.44216
File: 1586916308056.jpg -(625033B / 610.38KB, 1000x2000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Ammunition question
Hi. I recently inherited a family heirloom of sorts, in the form of a small pistol.

My question is regarding the ammunition - The rounds are visibly quite old / tarnished. I'm assuming this may make the ammunition unreliable and/or unsafe to use?

Not a firearm person, obviously. But later on I do plan on reading up a bit on the pistol to learn how to properly clean it, etc. I'm a grown man, I'm not fucking around with the weapon, I'm only curious.

It's a .25 round, if that matters. The handgun uses a magazine.

Thank you for your time.
>>
Nell Dartbanks - Wed, 15 Apr 2020 00:10:43 EST lbwR06DU No.44217 Reply
>>44216
>But later on I do plan on reading up a bit on the pistol to learn how to properly clean it
Do this now before fucking around with ammo. Since you don't really know anything about firearms maybe even get a professional to give it a once over. Without knowing what it is, how old, condition, etc its hard to say.

>The rounds are visibly quite old / tarnished. I'm assuming this may make the ammunition unreliable and/or unsafe to use?
Again, really depends on a lot of things. Just buy new ammo.
>>
William Fublingmatch - Sun, 19 Apr 2020 03:39:06 EST UBZ7dsEz No.44221 Reply
It's likely 25 acp OP. It's a small pocket pistol caliber that doesn't have much power, but it would still fuck up your day if you got shot by it. It's not used much any more and is common in old pawn shop guns like I'm sure you were gifted.

If you want to know more about pocket pistol calibers check out the lucky Gunner YouTube series on them. It's a pretty comprehensive look at what a lot of people consider outdated and underpowered guns.
>>
Discount Strelok - Mon, 18 May 2020 22:08:04 EST Enco9aOz No.44230 Reply
>>44216
Fun fact, Raven arms .25 acp is used more often in homicides than any other handgun

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.