Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Home Defense Gun

- Mon, 01 Jun 2020 13:11:04 EST ORM1ysu0 No.44236
File: 1591031464906.jpg -(6318B / 6.17KB, 259x194) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Home Defense Gun
so in light of the rioting seriously considering buying babby's first gun, but not sure where to start. for context i live in Washington state, in an apartment.

1) what do i get?

Would like to keep it under or around $500 before taxes/fees. Thinking handgun (Glock?) or shotgun. Handgun seems like the more obvious choice being in a tiny apt, but it also seems generally more expensive and legally more of a pain in the ass (waiting period, other state laws if I move, etc.). Shotguns seem cheaper and easier to acquire but where do i put the damn thing after including safe storage? Also seems like it'd be more cumbersome to pull out/get ready in an emergency. Is buying used okay?

2) Where and how do I get it?

I mean obviously i could just walk down to a gun store, but is that really the best way? Are there online options or other venues that I should be considering? Anything to watch out for regarding bad deals? And if going the in-store route, anything to prepare aside from ID?

Also hopefully gun store clerks aren't gonna be condescending to gun noobs. Also also considering a quick training session or two that they all seem to offer.
>>
Shit Clacklelune - Wed, 03 Jun 2020 08:17:40 EST RTKm38hZ No.44238 Reply
1591186660163.jpg -(41553B / 40.58KB, 552x390) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Anybody who buys a gun right now is an absolute fucking chump

It's a seller's market now, and gun shops are using the riots to take noobs for a absolute fucking RIDE.

I'm seeing the shittiest of shit being sold for way more than it's worth. I saw a remington 1911 clone selling for nearly $600, and some dumb shithead who doesn't know any better is probably gonna buy it because MUH RIOTS!

tl;dr don't be a chump and try to buy in an obvious sellers market.
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Alice Drupperham - Wed, 03 Jun 2020 19:03:37 EST LOcP/Ubv No.44239 Reply
>>44236
Gunstore suck normally, right now they are truly ducked. Order your gun online to an FFL near your house ( call and inquire as to the transfer fee, this shouldn't be more than 30$) this will usually be the gunstore you just didny buy at. Try to find a 12 gauge for under 400$, preferably a police model remington. Gunbroker.com is a good start. Try to get a NEW gun used guns often suck.
>>
John Worthingridge - Sun, 07 Jun 2020 00:32:50 EST GLk+v0PO No.44244 Reply
20 gauge good for apartment and urban living
>>
Hamilton Tillingfoot - Sun, 07 Jun 2020 18:37:03 EST dL24Do+l No.44245 Reply
1591569423678.jpg -(20463B / 19.98KB, 1155x1155) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>44239
Thanks, ended up getting a Pardner 12 gauge, 18.5 in barrel. Pic related. Only $180, bought online but picked up at the same retailer so no transfer fee even. New. Not the fanciest or anything but from reviews it should at least reliably get the job done.

>>44238
Checked historical prices but $180 seems like a decent deal. Seen em as low as $150 but $200+ is also common it seems.

The hard part right actually looks like ammo. Nothing but birdshot anywhere, and most of the bigger birdshot is steel to boot. Settled on some #1 steel and #2 hevi, not ideal I know but I guess it's better than nothing. And as mentioned though I live in an apartment so maybe birdshot is the better option anyway. At most I can get away with penetrating one wall - two would be too much.
>>
Reuben Grimbanks - Mon, 08 Jun 2020 11:47:25 EST RTKm38hZ No.44246 Reply
>>44245
>Checked historical prices but $180 seems like a decent deal

For a no-name chinesium M500 clone? Fuck no! They're as common as water! You got got, sorry. You wasted your money for a cheap piece of chinesium steel that's gonna turn to rust in a year, and got played right into the BUT MUH RIOTS! fud to boot.

I've been cleaning out my safe and putting used guns up for sale for almost their retail price, and people are still buying them even at that price.

If you really wanted be smart about it: you should've waited 1-2 years from now once all this shit has died down, and all the people who became impulsive first time gun buyers now, decide by then that they really aren't that interested in being gun owners anymore and flood the market with used guns. That's when I'll be buying again.
>>
Hamilton Sorryfoot - Wed, 10 Jun 2020 00:01:39 EST n5obrAKm No.44247 Reply
OP here, took it to the range for the first time, was fun. for a cheapo gun I can't complain, it works, no issues.

>>44246
feel free to google search it, like I said, $200 seems to be the going rate, even pre-riots. it's an 870 clone btw, not M500. not sure how getting it for -10% the going rate is getting "got," but okay.

not sure why you're so butt mad, not like I'm anti-A2 or pro "assault rifle" ban or anything. not sure what you expected either, that i'd immediately go get an AR-15? being my first buy wanted to start small, cheap, and simple. if I get into shooting/guns i'll spring for something nicer in like a year or two maybe. or that I should take your advice and wait? no thanks, protests are still on and being downtown looting was happening as close as two blocks down, glad I have a gun now, pretty happy with the purchase.

>If you really wanted be smart about it
no thanks, not interested in being a gun broker/flipper.
>>
Hamilton Sorryfoot - Wed, 10 Jun 2020 00:03:02 EST n5obrAKm No.44248 Reply
>>44247
oh, and imagine what's gonna happen if the cops get acquitted/get a not guilty verdict. shit is gonna FLIP.
>>
Rebecca Dablingforth - Wed, 10 Jun 2020 07:40:51 EST RTKm38hZ No.44249 Reply
>>44247

>being my first buy wanted to start small, cheap, and simple.

Why not "good" in there too? Two seconds of research would've told you that what you bought is worth $0. But hey you can waste your money on whatever you want.

H&R doesn't exist anymore...it's just a brand name owned by Remington that they use for dumping their chinese-manufactured horseshit on the american market. Your shotgun was made in china, probably out of a hunk of remelted scrap steel loaded with excessive carbon and metallic impurities.

Then it gets parted out, remington imports it and gets some appalachia methhead to assemble it for $9 an hour so it can get china-washed and get stamped "made in virginia" or "made in tennessee" with you none the wiser that what you've got is chinese-made toxic waste.

You'll see in a year when your firing pin snaps in half or your barrel starts to rust due to the bluing not being done completely, or your cheap plastic furniture chemically breaks down and disintegrates.

>oh, and imagine what's gonna happen if the cops get acquitted/get a not guilty verdict. shit is gonna FLIP.

BUT MUH RIOTS! White people....
>>
Basil Papperbury - Wed, 10 Jun 2020 11:18:58 EST sBu2DqOJ No.44250 Reply
>>44249
>two seconds of research
so did you? what did you find?
>>
James Dunningham - Wed, 10 Jun 2020 11:37:09 EST dL24Do+l No.44251 Reply
>>44249
not sure what to say at this point man, like i said, reviews were generally pretty good with people reporting no issues after several years of use. you seem to have a hate boner for anything chinese made so i don't think anything can convince you otherwise ever, but just wanna throw it out there that it's not like"made in the USA" is exactly a seal of quality, esp these days. some even saying this is more sturdily built than an actual 870 lol.

anyway, this conversation isn't going anywhere constructive as you just wanna rage on the internet it seems, so i'ma just let you stew. ain't even white btw lol. peace man, stay safe.
>>
Rebecca Dablingforth - Wed, 10 Jun 2020 16:34:27 EST RTKm38hZ No.44252 Reply
>>44250
>what did you find?

H&R pardners are literal chinajunk that Remington unloads on people who don't know any better

>>44251
>you seem to have a hate boner for anything chinese made

Chinese steel is absolute garbage and chinese steel companies are known scam artists when it comes to faking and frauding the amount of carbon and other adjuncts in their steel. You have no fucking clue what you're getting and I'm pretty sure the word "consistent" doesn't exist in mandarin.

And you're fine with putting 12,000 psi of pressure through that garbage?? Goddamn hope your health insurance is good. Make sure you wear safety glasses, and possibly a chainmail glove.

>believing any online reviews on any chinese products in 2020

Man you truly can't actually believe any of those weren't completely astroturfed, can you? What year is it?

>stay safe

I think you need that advice more than I do

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.