420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
The nastiest drip by Esther Fanworth - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 20:39:09 EST ID:hFafAu4W No.575569 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1490056749900.jpg -(16903B / 16.51KB, 184x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 16903
So I've been chipping with H here and there, snorting it. I thought I would get used to the drip, but it is just SO fucking gross that I am seriously getting turned off of H even though the high is amazing.

I've been around the block with opiates, and had a pretty hefty 300mg/day oxy habit back before everyone and their mother did it. (Green OC 80 days). The bitter white pill taste from the oxy drip was gross too, but I got used to it and eventually even kind of liked it because I associated the gross taste with a GREAT feeling.

This dope drip is just on another level. And I feel like it sticks around in my nose for hours and hours. And it's not just one batch, I've had probably a dozen different batches and it's the same for all.

Am I just a bitch? Just thinking about that taste makes me wanna gag. And no, I'm not going to shoot it. I don't want insufflation to lose its magic for me, and I just don't wanna go down that road.

Anyone have any experience or tips on evading this terrible drip?
>>
Dr. Mario !gWLn19/oKs - Mon, 20 Mar 2017 23:06:40 EST ID:qgUJ6xQy No.575574 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>575569
Plug it if you're not constipated.

Nb
>>
Alice Sollyforth - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 00:54:35 EST ID:h6DyGlO1 No.575577 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Snort slower. Split your dose between both nostrils.
>>
Fuck Cleffingworth - Tue, 21 Mar 2017 10:51:41 EST ID:qvwUq5Mr No.575591 Ignore Report Quick Reply
i used to chew gum for this exact reason. buy a strong fruit flavored gum and chew it when the drip starts. works every time. trust me.
>>
Charles Channerbanks - Mon, 27 Mar 2017 04:05:37 EST ID:Bs5P7IbV No.575857 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>575569
If you are snorting your drugs correctly shouldn't have anything dripping down the back of your throat anyway. The whole point of snorting something is so it in stays in your nasal cavity and absobs directly into your bloodstream from there. Don't snort as hard and split it between both nostrils if you doing more than a bump.
>>
Samuel Goodford - Mon, 27 Mar 2017 08:14:29 EST ID:/aVO9Qc+ No.575866 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>575857
Idk a small post-nasal drip isn't unusual. I just sniff hard 20 minutes after to get the drip down, though I don't mind the taste of it like OP.
>>
Hunter S. Nodson - Mon, 27 Mar 2017 10:52:25 EST ID:a1WEtajM No.575871 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>575857

not everyone snorts heroin tho, anything else is a lot more powder. When I snort dillies I always get a drip because it's a shitload of powder lol, has nothing to do with snorting too hard or whatever, just physics.
>>
Charles Channerbanks - Mon, 27 Mar 2017 16:32:18 EST ID:Bs5P7IbV No.575878 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1490646738609.png -(6182B / 6.04KB, 220x183) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>575871
How dare you waste dilaudids like that. You're supposed to IV them as the bioavailability is 100 instead of 50 for intranasal. You might as well be throwing half of your pills away
>>
Dr. Mario !gWLn19/oKs - Mon, 27 Mar 2017 18:23:55 EST ID:NZSaVF2M No.575880 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>575878
At least he's not throwing three quarters or more of his dilaudid pill away.

IV costs one needle per use. That's like 20cents to $5 each depending on one's local laws and black market.

When you filter the dilaudid there's no way you keep 100% of the drug. Cottons Microns etc. Doesn't matter there's always some loss. So it's actually ~90-98% efficiency/effective "BA" not 100.

Then there's the lack of availability for microns to make them viable for safe IVing, fear of track marks, etc.

>snorting is okay too. We should respect IV and non-IV routes that are the most effective. Everything is relative.

I know you were being sarcastic.

I'll take this opportunity to say it seems like plugging hydromorphone is indeed less effective than snorting. I don't know of any other opioid where this is true. Usually plugging is better or they're essentially equal.

I'm still wondering how this is even possible.
>>
Hugh Dremmerfoot - Wed, 29 Mar 2017 13:38:18 EST ID:TJNL5JHk No.575962 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>575880
I've been plugging it for years now after hearing about the wonders of it, and I've never gotten a strong effect. My shit was flushed thoroughly and I plugged as much as 8mg with a pretty low tolerance. Hydromorphone just doesn't work right if you don't shoot it.
>>
Hugh Dremmerfoot - Wed, 29 Mar 2017 13:41:00 EST ID:TJNL5JHk No.575963 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>575878
It's even worse than you describe tbh. Snorting just doesn't provide a great experience no matter what. I tried 12mg once and it wasn't very euphoric.
>>
Aciddrop !tbcTsdGo8Q!!vVWR8L52 - Wed, 29 Mar 2017 17:59:42 EST ID:4BPuIRQo No.575978 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>575880
Lol, I would say 90% of IV users use their rigs at least 10 times. If they are desperate they aren't throwing that shit away. Especially true in places without needle exchanges or the option to buy needles. I know my last needle I had I used 30+ times probably because it's kind of difficult to get syringes in Cinci. Unless you know a diabetic and I had a falling out with my friend who had a diabetic mom.
>>
Lydia Bleddlefuck - Wed, 05 Apr 2017 04:46:02 EST ID:sDkAHne9 No.576311 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>575880
Regardless of what's left in the cotton the "BA" is 100% for IV period. Bioavailability is how much of a drug that enters the body goes into systemic circulation and is active. So even if you lose .5mg of a 10mg pill in your cotton, when you bang the 9.5mg shot then 100% of it is actively circulating your body.
>>
Esther Tillingforth - Wed, 05 Apr 2017 04:57:38 EST ID:ZVuqtU4Q No.576313 Ignore Report Quick Reply
I love heroin drips.
Just thinking about the snorting ritual gives me cravings lol. Probably a psychological thing but I still taste it sometimes.
>>
overgrownpath !3g9OJxiR.6 - Wed, 05 Apr 2017 08:59:45 EST ID:xqj8DQup No.576328 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>575880
Paying for syringes and needles? Shieeeet. Fuck that. I feel so lucky to have a government clever enough to recognise the objective value & savings that a needle exchange offers society. It saves the taxpayer a hell of a lot of money by preventing bloodborne disease from spreading via improper needle use. The government doesn't let puritan moralising get in the way of caring for its citizens in the most efficient way. The cost of operating a needle exchange is absolutely minuscule compared to the medical/financial burden an infected IV drug user has on the health system solely because they didn't have access to sterile equipment at the time of infection.
>>
Dr. Mario !gWLn19/oKs - Wed, 05 Apr 2017 10:47:34 EST ID:HUBW00l6 No.576332 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491403654734.jpg -(88984B / 86.90KB, 628x622) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>576311
I used quotes to avoid arguing about semantics.

We both know that BA is always 100%. Clearly I was touching on
an efficiency factor that should be calculated, for all ROAs. I would assume a noob opi smoker, Mr. Hot Knives, or that guy with the straw and foil that let's half of it up in the air.

I don't really prefer one ROA over any other apart from the obvious oral is easiest. I'm not an IV hater. But for people who have never held a rig in their hand, they are less likely to think ahead of time that "oh wow all I have is cotton and it's gonna filter out most of the garbage+some drugs".

>Question for the board
What's the concensus on drug loss via filtering when we compare typical cotton handed out at exchanges vs. A micron filter (say 0.5ug or whatever) vs. Cotton first then micron.

I would assume the tiny micron filters get clogged as shit. I'd like to perfect my IV strategy for when I do end up using IV for recreational purposes. Needles give me horrible debilitating anxiety, and some idiot nurse blew out one of my go to IV veins because she was so fucking stupid that when I said "I hate needles please use a higher gauge" and she FUCKING grabs a LOWER gauge, higher diameter needle and plunges it right in.

Anyway, basically we have a close friend our age who becomes a medical doctor in like 6-12 months. We used to party together and do weird shit...like I'd drag her into the bathroom at the club house and lift up a card that's hiding 4x15mg lines of adderall and she says "you can do 3 out of 4. Do you have another 15mg I can combine in an unused tip dulled oral syringe?" Dude I laughed too hard. A doctor is going to continue putting drugs in her various orifices just because I showed her a BA chart. I find this funny because doctors should be good enough at getting pharmaceuticals to be able to waste them orally. Honestly I think it's more that she can't snort like a champ.

One time she was too drunk at some dive bar of a club and was chillin with me in the men's bathroom complaining about her date some hood looking dude 5yrs+ older than us (she's like half Arab Lebanese and half Dutch 9/10 with the nose job buff and elite martial art skills/workout bunny. Typically only likes getting banged by Black/non-white dudes.) We were in there for like 25mins while I balanced a scale on the upper decker trying to dose out two doses of 2g cubes and split down two 8ths of bud for her. We step out and of course her Tyrone was waiting outside thinkin I fucked his date. She comes out of nowhere with "okay so what, I blowed him first and he's clean, you coming with me or what"? We didn't have any sexual interaction that night. She just didn't want him involved in her drugs. That dude thought he was getting sloppy slob knob seconds HAHAHAHA.
>>
Dr. Mario !gWLn19/oKs - Wed, 05 Apr 2017 10:49:50 EST ID:HUBW00l6 No.576333 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>576332
>I would assume a noob opi smoker, Mr. Hot Knives, or that guy with the straw and foil that let's half of it up in the air would want to know ahead of time how a potential ROA results in pre-administered efficiency loss.
>>
Thomas Hommerkudge - Fri, 07 Apr 2017 00:20:32 EST ID:P1aW6AGx No.576388 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>576332
I've seen data from a study that they actually measured the amount of morphine left in a a tip cotton, wheel filter, and cigarette filter. It also stated the amount of solids from the pill each one let pass through. I actually just found it so check it out and see for yourself.

https://harmreductionjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1477-7517-6-37
>>
Martha Sevinghit - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 05:01:55 EST ID:jt+fcMkZ No.576548 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>576328
I would think users would have or do get a better sense of themselves. Their surrounding and routines. Less likely to just throw a needle on the ground if they use at any given time place, kinda think smarter.
>>
Hannah Fanworth - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 12:11:51 EST ID:dAZDOYeY No.576555 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>576328
I live in Canada and we have that too
I still bought my own needles (sometimes a hassle but not really)
just because you can leech off the .gov doesn't mean you should
>>
overgrownpath !3g9OJxiR.6 - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 12:16:28 EST ID:Hy6Onq/J No.576557 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491927388298.jpg -(503248B / 491.45KB, 2048x1536) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>576548
Yes, definitely. Your last sentence is particularly true in my experience with people, they usually just want to keep their fits to swap them later. People take them with them when they've finished, I barely ever see anyone chuck a rig. I do it myself when I lend to people who are using with me, after they're finished I just grab the fits back also because it's easy and safe to put them in a sharps container we keep in storage... and then swap them a month or two later. So there are a few reasons why this needle exchange thing is both the responsibility of a good government that claims to care for its citizens (imo), but also is a practical solution as it benefits society overall for cheaper than trying to cure diseases later that were entirely preventable.
>>
overgrownpath !3g9OJxiR.6 - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 12:27:14 EST ID:Hy6Onq/J No.576558 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>576555
I don't understand why one wouldn't take an option that's literally more practical & provides safe disposal at the same time just so you can pat yourself on the shoulder and tell yourself you're not a 'leech'. Though I suppose that's only true if you have a good selection at the actual exchange though. Anyway the healthcare system is setup to help every citizen and I don't think there should be any shame in using it as intended.
>>
Derluft !oCyNK.1Qtc - Tue, 11 Apr 2017 14:51:18 EST ID:0TSK/4SF No.576561 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1491936678936.jpg -(63923B / 62.42KB, 500x327) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>576558
>>576548
However, I believe you're both forgetting something even though I'm sure you've thought so before, while with illegal drug use comes not only lack of opportunities; getting from one location to another for needle exchanges or buying them off the internet if one doesn't have an exchange, but also lack of lifestyle to which accommodates, and that may account toward lack of self-esteem of which people just simply "give up."

If drug use weren't illegal or censured, would you think people whom are bumming it would actually have even one issue obtaining safe IV administrable procedures? I mean, sure, there will always be people of whom neglect sanitary procedures in general but there are a lot more which wouldn't if they had opportunities with a decent lifestyle.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.