Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated April 10)
Mitragynine Ignore Report Reply
Beatrice Clummerpud - Fri, 22 Feb 2019 20:24:17 EST ID:JD+neSfe No.603263
File: 1550885057959.gif -(102435B / 100.03KB, 531x359) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 102435
Would it be possible to extract pure mitragynine from kratom at home using various solvents?
>>
Samuel Chovingfield - Sat, 23 Feb 2019 00:48:10 EST ID:NxwasnSi No.603275 Ignore Report Reply
>>603263
You are unfortunately not going to get a ton of replies because most of the people fucking with kratom extracts don't share info because they consider it a trade secret (trying to get rich off their kratom extracts, lol). That, and the amount of basic chemistry knowledge here is pretty sad.

Sorry, wish I had anything helpful to add. I've tried iso washing kratom and was not impressed with the effects but I had a serious tolerance then so that doesn't mean much.

Hopefully someone else here has good info. If you find anything, please post back here. And worst case, you can do some of your own experiments and report back
>>
hsn - Sat, 23 Feb 2019 12:40:21 EST ID:/J4rytMl No.603280 Ignore Report Reply
1550943621812.jpg -(2784542B / 2.66MB, 3024x3024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
OP you will not be able to get pure mitragynine easily at home with just solvents. acid base extractions yield various alkaloids besides mitragynine and getting to that point takes a lot effort and time. in order to get pure mitragynine or 7-ohm or something you will need a column to seperate out the different alkaloids which I assume most people dont have.

I used to make my own extracts and even had a company revolved around it but even the "crude" extracts were VERY time consuming and this was just a simple solvent wash. to efficiently do this you need a vacuum pump and chamber along with basic glassware and chems.

the dude above me doesnt know what hes talking about though, its not a trade secret. I published my methods on here a few years ago and there are many other papers on extracting kratom alkaloids. extractions follow the same basic principle and if you can apply that to kratom you will be ok.

so if I were you I would just do a crude extract or something. mitragynine is lipophilic and poorly soluble in water so Id freeze the powder first for 24 hours, then do a water extract on it and discard the water solution and keep the leftover powder. then the next steps revolve around what kind of equipment you have access too. for a kitchen type thing I would just use ethanol (90%) and just reduce that down and evaporate the rest off and call it a day. if you have access to better solvents then use that (chloroform or something) and then you can either do an acid/base extraction on the product or distill it if you have the equipment to do so but a/b is the easiest way if you lack access to a lab. as for what chems to use for a/b, I cant really say man as thats still being tested. what I did was use concentrated acetic acid (30%) and calcium hydroxide. I tried using a citric acid solution but it came out really shitty. for the solvent, I used xylene but I really was not a fan as it easily emulsified and was hard to seperate once the inevitable fuck up came about. I would use something less dense like the other solvents I previously mentioned. for some reason people love to use shit like xylene and toulene for this but I found it annoying to work with and if you're doing this in your kitchen, your whole block will smell like a meth lab. im not sure what a good solvent to use will be but I hope Q or Press shows up to correct me or add on to what I posted.

pic related, its a macro shot of my mitragynine psuedoindoxyl rich extract. this is the stage before a/b extraction which is how I would sell it. as you can see its still relatively good extract even before a/b extraction so you might be satisfied with just that instead of going the whole 9 yards. just freeze product > water extract > toss water and keep powder > acetic acid wash > discard powder keep liquid > filter through various micron filters > purge solvent out via oven (oh god the smell) and have GOOD ventilation > scrape up extract. just because its """"vinegar"""" doesnt mean it wont fuck ur shit up. I learned that the hard way after breathing in acetic acid fumes.

>>603275
nah theres a few of us who'd be able to answer thise and Q being one.
>>
John Seddledutch - Sat, 23 Feb 2019 14:40:38 EST ID:P/rsWgBu No.603286 Ignore Report Reply
>>603280
quality post
>>
Fucking Pindleridge - Sat, 23 Feb 2019 14:49:03 EST ID:EYK/dQFY No.603287 Ignore Report Reply
>>603280

>the dude above me doesnt know what hes talking about though,

its not a nodson post without something gay like this flying out of your mouth, I wonder if you spent so much time here because someone has messed you up big time?
>>
Edward Dorringworth - Sat, 23 Feb 2019 15:41:01 EST ID:FCqilIJM No.603290 Ignore Report Reply
>>603280
I'm glad you seem inclined to share but I've asked this question here for years and have gotten nothing but "well I have something promising but I won't share it because it's super proprietary and I want to sell extract" and the like.
Since you are in a sharing mood, a full write up, or links to one, on any production routes you know of, would be appreciated.

Btw for anyone who's interested, lab glass is actually surprisingly cheap. You can get a decent set up for under $100 depending on your needs (not talking lab setup obviously but good enough for a lot of simpler work). Be careful if you do this obviously, I wouldn't recommend making weight if you got literally any of your setup legitimately/on the books (I wouldn't recommend anyone making weight anyways but you know what I mean).
>>
hsn - Sat, 23 Feb 2019 22:36:49 EST ID:/J4rytMl No.603315 Ignore Report Reply
>>603287
if the shoe fits nerd

>>603290
the context you describe that in sounds like me, I was the only one talking about selling extract here. I think you misconstrued what I said because I've posted a full length write up of my extraction methods, I never kept it a secret. in fact it was one of the biggest kratom threads on /opi/. I dont have the full write up but I know someone saved it so hopefully they can pop in.

but other than that unfortunately I cant really help, the write up that I gave you is pretty crude but with a bit of cross referencing and experience you should manage. I'd write up a full one but I dont really have the time, if I find my old one I'll post it but I think its lost.
>>
Rebecca Peffingwater - Sun, 24 Feb 2019 08:15:47 EST ID:LZ8viA85 No.603322 Ignore Report Reply
>>603315
you are wrong, I am talking about multiple people and literally none of them wrote any sort of write up, mentioned any solvents, literally anything. why you seem intent on arguing about this is beyond me (although finding out you're nodson definitely tracks, lol), but hey if you can't correct me about about forum posts from years ago that you didn't read, what else would you do? actually post some of the info you claim to be willing to share? haha

so just so I'm following, I'm full of shit but
a) you haven't posted anything resembling a teq, basic info, literally anything other than the most basic alcohol wash that everyone knows since since junior high (btw why anyone would suggest consumer grade ethanol over iso when a drinkable isn't the main goal makes me question your "credentials" but no accounting for taste I guess).
b) you do want to sell your extract

kinda seems like I'm two for two here? if you want to prove how full of shit I am (or just contribute to the board and answer the op), you could put up some real info. kinda hard to believe you run an extract company but can't manage to do a basic write up of your procedures, it'd take all of ten minutes (being very generous there). if you're not even willing to give a broad strokes version why'd you even come to the thread?

sorry, I'm getting a little hostile over you talking some shit for no real reason but I honestly just want you to share this information you claim to have. I don't know why you came to this thread if you "don't have the time" to respond to this thread in any meaningful way.
>>
Rebecca Peffingwater - Sun, 24 Feb 2019 08:21:24 EST ID:LZ8viA85 No.603323 Ignore Report Reply
>>603322
again, sorry for being hostile but put up or shut up, no one cares about "yeah I know how to do it but I can't tell you cause...". that's like the drug equivalent of "yeah I got a girlfriend but she goes to another school, you'll never meet her".
>>
hsn - Sun, 24 Feb 2019 11:36:58 EST ID:/J4rytMl No.603329 Ignore Report Reply
>>603322
Damn you're an ass, I posted what was a crude version of my process and you're sitting here demanding I make you a guide like a man baby.

I said it sounds like me I never tried to argue but you're the same retard from the other thread who pulls his arguments from the tree of fallacies. Go cry on leddit no one cares here that you aren't getting your step by step guide as demanded. Entitled lil hoe definitely isn't getting a guide now. also stop writing me books dude I'm not reading all that when it's completely irrelevant schizophrenia rambling.
>>
hsn - Sun, 24 Feb 2019 11:40:36 EST ID:/J4rytMl No.603330 Ignore Report Reply
>>603329
Telling someone to put up or shut up over making you a guide has got to be the funniest, most entitled post I've ever read on my 10 years of browsing here. How did you think that would make anyone do something nice for you? I'm not your mother, demanding what you want won't work with me or anyone here. I regret posting that crude version already I didnt realize you were a complete asshole.
>>
hsn - Sun, 24 Feb 2019 11:45:55 EST ID:/J4rytMl No.603331 Ignore Report Reply
Ah wow you're not even OP that's even worse. why did I even reply to that. Sorry for assuming OP, I guess the board isn't pleased with my posting being detailed enough since i don't want to post an entire guide from a stupid ass tablet. Hopefully someone has a screenshot.
>>
lol - Sun, 24 Feb 2019 12:55:37 EST ID:oaWRMjn3 No.603337 Ignore Report Reply
>>603331

I'm part of tablet gang, I'm so broke I've been using a barely functional one for a couple years that still works by the grace of God, the saddest part is it took months and months of saving up for it
Nb
>>
hsn - Sun, 24 Feb 2019 13:04:47 EST ID:/J4rytMl No.603339 Ignore Report Reply
1551031487336.jpg -(54308B / 53.04KB, 898x790) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>603337
its the worst feeling, knowing at any second your entertainment device can take a shit and stop working. how else will I argue on 420chan?? the library???????????
>>
lol - Sun, 24 Feb 2019 15:00:26 EST ID:oaWRMjn3 No.603347 Ignore Report Reply
>>603339

It takes a certain level of intelligence to post on 420chan using a tablet
>>
Eliza Gocklespear - Wed, 13 Mar 2019 10:07:53 EST ID:KjgaaA7+ No.603907 Ignore Report Reply
>>603339
I wouldnt call it arguing when its so inconsistentt but oh well. Why not save for a pc or whatever

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.