Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated April 10)
family and opioid addiction Ignore Report Reply
hsn - Wed, 06 Mar 2019 20:50:41 EST ID:/J4rytMl No.603664
File: 1551923441442.jpg -(66135B / 64.58KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 66135
are you open with your family about your addiction at all? are they helpful? how did they first react?

I've been doing this double life thing for about 8 years and its getting quite tiring and harder to hide. I know I could NEVER tell my family because my mom still thinks weed can be horrible for you and anytime something wrong goes on she says "oh its probably that green crap (kratom) that caused it". but I still play out the scenario in my head with me confessing to her in 10 years that I was an opioid addict and dabbled with heroin for years on end and hid it from you but I feel like there would be nothing positive to gain from that except lifting a weight off my chest.

so, let me hear your stories on how your addiction affects your family or the lengths you will go to hide it.
>>
Graham Sommerture - Wed, 06 Mar 2019 21:42:15 EST ID:+rJY0K/n No.603665 Ignore Report Reply
>>603664
Depends on the family member. Different story for each one ranging from pretty much full disclosure, to some knowledge to oblivious. It has helped with the ones I opened up but it would not help with the others. All I can say is you know your family best and if you have that gut impulse feeling there’s probably nothing good to come from it then 9 times out of 10 there’s definitely nothing good to come from it. Be careful with this one. No going back once it’s out in the open.
>>
Sophie Soblingfork - Wed, 06 Mar 2019 21:43:12 EST ID:vjA82wDu No.603666 Ignore Report Reply
1551926592038.png -(82528B / 80.59KB, 260x235) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>603664
It's not worth it unless you plan to get immediately clean. I told my mom while i was using, and it's just shitty to hide while they know you're doing it. I'm on suboxone rn and am four months in, and she helped me do it, but my mom is abnormally understanding.
>>
Esther Clammermire - Wed, 06 Mar 2019 21:43:45 EST ID:kF9jMuCN No.603667 Ignore Report Reply
Nigro,

My family been known I do this shit.

Stop while you're ahead.
>>
Angus Goodworth - Wed, 06 Mar 2019 22:14:12 EST ID:DPcUbo/W No.603668 Ignore Report Reply
1551928452304.gif -(133104B / 129.98KB, 64x64) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Since I was making pst in my parents house I got caught pretty quick because of random seeds around the place like in the sink, I had been using oxy tramadol and codeine before this hat they didnt know about but they wern't too concerned about the tea since sources dad read said they were basically bunk.

Thinks were basically fine until I was on a family holiday to our river shack and I ran out and went into wd's (I was using heroin by then which they didn't know about) soon enough I was broke from the heroin, they found some needles in my room and they sent me to detox.

I relapsed after a few months but had way less money so it didnt get out of hand, just 3 day h binges once a fortnight and seeds to maintain (they only know about the seeds). They know I use again but they're cool about it but encourage me to stop using, I have deep conversations with them about why I use and how hellish sobriety is for me.

Lately I've stopped my H use for the most part, the first shot or two are the only ones worth the money so I only buy enough for a day when I do decide to buy some. I'm gonna try and switch to bupe for now since pst just isnt really worth it atm (either shitty seeds or high tolerance) and they're happy to hear that.

Nowadays they have way bigger problems to deal with so Im sure my 'poppy tea' habit is barely on their minds, they know I won't OD on it and I dont have the money for harder drugs atm (in their minds).
>>
lol - Wed, 06 Mar 2019 23:51:10 EST ID:oaWRMjn3 No.603669 Ignore Report Reply
Depends on a ton of things to say if its a good thing to do or not, on one hand honesty is great but on the other some people aren't so understanding, sometimes rightfully so in my opinion,

I dont have much family left but many years back when they knew I was shooting dope they tried to help but all the crime, violence, robbery, lying, manipulation turned most of them away. Even though I'm clean now most probably don't know or care if I'm alive and a lot are dead. I still don't regret telling them about it since it was eating me up and it was just too hard to keep up a lie like that daily older I got,

The family I have left is understanding and helpful, only reason I wish I didn't tell them is it's so painful to see the worry and heartbreak they go through everytime they dont heat from me for more than a few hours or if I'm in a bad mood for whatever reason they assume I'm high, I created a high amount of stress in their life.

All I know is personally keeping a lie like that for so many years is terrible to the point I can't stand lying about little things now, family can be justifiably hard and overbearing when it comes to that shit but trust me you'll miss it when there's no one left to bitch at you
>>
hsn - Thu, 07 Mar 2019 21:00:24 EST ID:/J4rytMl No.603686 Ignore Report Reply
holy fucking shit

a day after making this thread my mom found my entire kit. it looks waaay worse than it is because I keep syringes in there as well despite me not IVing. its an old cigar tin with syringes, tooters, one hitters, razor, empty caps, cottons, and a snuff bottle for coke. the one fucking day I accidentally leave it laying around and she decides to snoop around and """"clean"""" the room Im staying in. I'm just visiting and she has no concept of personal space or privacy, she thinks its ok to just sneak around other peoples shit because its her house. maybe if I was 12 and actually living here damn.

well fuck me guys, hopefully this blows over. of course this happens when I'm at the lightest part of my use and am past physical addiction already. I literally just smoke weed, take kratom, and take fent every 1-3 weeks. theres no god. nb
>>
Ebenezer Drevingstet - Thu, 07 Mar 2019 23:35:47 EST ID:2CtG61S+ No.603695 Ignore Report Reply
>>603664
I am not open with my drug use to my family they said they would kick me out if I did anything but weed so I'm not going to be honest with them at all regarding drugs till I move out and probably never tell them the full extent of my drug use they would be shocked and in awe I did all the shit I did without them knowing. You should only be honest with your family about drugs if they are accepting of it or you want to get permanently clean, you can't take it back. I guess they think the threat of being kicked out will keep me off drugs but really it fucked me up more because that's just a depressing proposition, being depressed and addicted to drugs so you get kicked onto the street made me do more drugs, oh well I guess they tried their best.
>>
Phyllis Duckworth - Fri, 08 Mar 2019 00:25:38 EST ID:COK2+s94 No.603697 Ignore Report Reply
>>603664
I was hardcore addicted to fent for over a year straight whilst I was still living at home and studying. Somehow they never found out although there were times when I ran out and had a couple days of withdrawals where I just said I was sick. However that happened quite a few times and my mom asked me once if I was taking anything which caused the sickness but I just denied it and nothing more came from it. She also noticed my voice had changed (didn't know opiates can do that?) but just put it down to the fact that I don't talk that much so it just changed due to lack of use.

I've been clean since last February without any assistance and thankfully I never had to come clean to my parents otherwise I couldn't bare their disappointment and sadness. In fact no one ever knew I was using, I never told anyone. I just carried around my nasal spray bottle of fent everywhere I went and had to dose every 30 minutes just to stay well.
>>
lol - Fri, 08 Mar 2019 03:49:23 EST ID:oaWRMjn3 No.603710 Ignore Report Reply
>>603686

Damn man I'm sorry to hear that, I know it's not an option for everyone depeding on circumstances and legality where you live but back in the day I carried all my rigs and shit on me just becsuse of something like housemates finding my rigs. Good luck with everything fam
>>
Matilda Pickfield - Fri, 08 Mar 2019 15:34:30 EST ID:wTnkiCC/ No.603727 Ignore Report Reply
I've told my girlfriend about everything but she thinks I've quit pills (although I have cut down on pills _alot_).
Family doesn't know. They were the ones feeding me ethylmorphine cough syrup at 9 years old and have occasionally hinted at recreationally using that.

So the blue pill part of my double life is just quetiapine, levodopa and vaping weed. The red pill reality is more like vaping weed, making edibles and spending ridiculous amounts on weekend oxy use and popping benzos or lyrica almost every weekday.

Sucks my kratom source dried out, the kratom lyf is where I would love to be, what I'd have no problem with talking openly about, and what my family would not worry about.

>>603695
If you're living at home that's a fair statement. If you can't even hide your use and can't afford moving out you ain't got no business to do with than kush & pilsner.
>>
Nicholas Debbersidging - Fri, 08 Mar 2019 15:40:21 EST ID:7+R4G8PK No.603728 Ignore Report Reply
1552077621326.png -(128851B / 125.83KB, 500x435) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>so, let me hear your stories on how your addiction affects your family or the lengths you will go to hide it.

It turned you into nodson, that's incentive enough for anyone to quit.
>>
hsn - Fri, 08 Mar 2019 18:22:00 EST ID:/J4rytMl No.603736 Ignore Report Reply
>>603728
ah, same retard who doesnt open links. figures your contribution to the thread is some lame ass attempt at an insult.
>>
Cornelius Dablingset - Sun, 10 Mar 2019 22:41:14 EST ID:KjgaaA7+ No.603778 Ignore Report Reply
>>603736
>not opening random links
>being retarded
these are mutually exclusive so I'm just letting you know you must have typed the complete wrong sentence by mistake because your not actually stupid
>>
hsn - Sun, 10 Mar 2019 23:55:41 EST ID:/J4rytMl No.603779 Ignore Report Reply
>>603778
never implied it was, just pointing out that he is in fact a retard who just so happens to not opens links directly related to the conversation I was having and instead deflects the debate at hand with personal attacks and insults. its not the first time so he has already been established as a retard here well beyond whatever contexted was construed from that first post in this thread. this post is like a candy apple except the candy is autism and the apple is pedantry.
>>
hsn - Mon, 11 Mar 2019 00:14:50 EST ID:/J4rytMl No.603781 Ignore Report Reply
>>603727
I mean its fair, you cant really make up the rules to a place you dont own or pay for. I get it. but it does put it a pressure on you that would otherwise not be there and it might just be the straw the breaks the person. it happened with me and as soon as it became "public" (family received a bunch of pics and stuff but most dont think Im an addict at all), it made me spiral a lot worse than before. then having to hide my use and all my shit every single time just made me want to explode.

its conflicting though because the other option is basically enabling. so you either learn to live a double life and have some self discipline or you walk all over your family. people might say they have higher morals and dont see it as that black and white but to be honest Id wager most cases fall on the far ends of that spectrum. the responsible junkie is a rare one and trying to even explain that concept to a layman will make you look like an alien.

>>603695
I agree 100%, it can really just do more harm by coming clean sometimes. I'm in that exact boat now. my mom is so ignorant about drugs that she has no idea that weed would look different from heroin and other dumb shit. keeping it to yourself is beneficial when you're confident in your abilities to discipline yourself. I got kicked out of my fathers because he found what he thought was paraphenilia lol (co2 carts for bb guns and stuff). like yeah dude, that will totally help me. living on the dirty streets in a major city. so I just keep quiet and deny deny deny. its stressful to keep up a double life but knowing you can swap between the two is kind of comforting compared to the alternative of spilling the beans and losing trust in every single person you know for the sole fact they now know you have mental issues related to drugs.

my mother cried to me over kratom, I mean what the fuck would she do if I told her my extensive /opi/ use? It always boggles my mind when people think its a good idea 100% of the time. honesty can really fuck you in the end.
>>
William Chacklebudging - Mon, 11 Mar 2019 06:15:13 EST ID:EYK/dQFY No.603787 Ignore Report Reply
>>603779

I pity you really, each passing day you get weaker by your fake dope, the dusty heavy metals in your "heroin" are really doing a number on your intellect!
>>
hsn - Mon, 11 Mar 2019 10:23:26 EST ID:/J4rytMl No.603792 Ignore Report Reply
>>603787
can't comprehend ur post, too much heavy metal laced heroin giving me dumb brains.
>>
Cornelius Dablingset - Mon, 11 Mar 2019 10:40:35 EST ID:KjgaaA7+ No.603794 Ignore Report Reply
>>603779
Uhh, yeah. You straight up said it
>>
Cornelius Dablingset - Mon, 11 Mar 2019 10:43:52 EST ID:KjgaaA7+ No.603795 Ignore Report Reply
>>603792
You should just copy n paste a short list of replies to hate & pity messages coz their all you seem to get, it would make things ..., easier, for you
>>
hsn - Mon, 11 Mar 2019 11:30:15 EST ID:/J4rytMl No.603798 Ignore Report Reply
>>603795
Yes! Ok! Great post! sorry

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.