Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated April 10)
How can you get high while taking buprenorphine? Ignore Report Reply
Reuben Tootstock - Mon, 25 Mar 2019 22:48:29 EST ID:WNCSFO2L No.604248
File: 1553568509038.jpg -(8343B / 8.15KB, 262x193) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 8343
So I've been taking Subutex (NOT Suboxone) for about 5 or 6 years now. Haven't used any other opioids in all that time. But now I'm like fuck it, I want to get high, if even just once. I have a shit ton of hydrocodone that has been gradually acquired over the last few years for various reasons. How can I get high even though I'm on buprenorphine? There's got to be some way, right? My daily dose of subs is around 20mg btw. Thanks
>>
Q !57aon8jsJ2 - Tue, 26 Mar 2019 00:01:10 EST ID:DyCz7y9R No.604250 Ignore Report Reply
>>604248
two ways only dawg. you either need something that has a high enough binding affinity to break through (glhf dying though) or stop taking the bupe for like a week. at 20 mg bupe you could probably take all your hydro and still not get high.

btw the naloxone in suboxone does nothing its the bupe that prevents you from getting high.
>>
m - Tue, 26 Mar 2019 02:04:10 EST ID:+ZjK73lt No.604253 Ignore Report Reply
>>604248

First off, theres no real difference between suboxone and subutex apart from arguably at extremely low doses, like <1-2mg.

Secondly, your subutex dose is WAY too high and will block absolutely everything for a very long time. If you've been taking 20mg/day for months, you might have to wait like 2 whole weeks since last subutex dose to be able to feel any other opioid.

I'm scripted 24mg of subutex per day, but I only actually ake 4mg suboxone sublingually or 2mg snorted per day. Taking any more than 8mg/day long term is retarded, and eventually even the worst addicts should be able to stabilize at 4mg within 3 months.

4mg/day allows me to use within 100hr of my last bupe dose, but I follow a specific regimen. I quick taper down from 4mg suboxone to 3mg the first day, 1.5-2mg the second day, and 0.5-1mg subutex only the third day (dosed early in the morning).

Then on the night of the fourth day I can dose opium, usually 0.75-1lb of good PST with 270mg CWE codeine added on top, and I'd say the suboxone only blocks the high by 15, 20% tops. If you can handle going from 4mg, directly to 2mg, and then two days of 1mg, it should work even better. If you're sensitive to short tapers, then you'd have to do something like 8 days of dropping 0.5mg per day.

Anyways, after that single dose, I tend to wait a full 60hr (2.5 days) before inducing subs again. The trick is to not dose more than once, or if you do dose twice, make sure theres one day clean between both doses. Otherwise they combine in your system and are more likely to cause PWD.

Anyways, at the 60hr mark I induce 0.5mg subutex instead of suboxone, and then every hour or so I titrate up another 0.5mg until I reach 4mg. I've only used my DOC maybe 3 times in 7 months, the suboxone doesnt get me high, and I forget to take it all the time, so I consider myself sober.

OP my biggest advice is to forget trying to use real opis right now. It's a total fairy tale at 20mg of bupe per day. You need to get down to 8mg as an absolute minimum if you want any chance of being able to use full agonists back and forth.

The sweet spot to use both and not be miserable is around 2-2.5mg bupe/day. That's only like 30-35% receptor saturation. 8mg is like 85-93% receptor saturation, and 4mg is around ~60% I think.

Tl;dr there is no way to safely do what you want. Your daily subutex dose is ridiculous. You need to taper down to at least 8mg. Even if you could use, 20mg/day is raping your tolerance. I've read that 8mg suboxone is roughly equal to 30mg methadone. It's like you're taking 75mg methadone per day, even setting apart the blocking effect.
>>
Q !57aon8jsJ2 - Tue, 26 Mar 2019 14:52:13 EST ID:DyCz7y9R No.604280 Ignore Report Reply
>>604253
heres a link to the absolute most comprehensive most interesting and probably best study on bupe i have honestly ever read. i only just found it recently but im nearly done reading it completely through. it does a detailed and excellent job in examining and explaining how bupes partial agonism works, how it interacts at the mu site and how that effects interactions with other full agonist. seriously this is the best study ive read in probably a year on any subject at all. also just fyi im not disagreeing with most of your post but i am gonna disagree right now that your saturation percentages are off and by a lot. specifically for the 8 mg size dose, you dont actually start to see 90th percentile saturation until closer to 16 mg and even then barely with one study examined as example by this study at giving a range of saturation of 80-91% at 16 mg and another gives closer to like 70% but the methodology of the two and how they calculated those answers were very different.

i was gonna include a bunch more stuff but my post was getting long and i didn't want to sound like a fighty asshole. instead heres the link

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4252738/

seriously everybody with the patience and interest should read this. im just now finishing it but yah wow its dense and long but sooo good. best article ive read in a long time
>>
David Pickridge - Tue, 26 Mar 2019 23:36:21 EST ID:WNCSFO2L No.604305 Ignore Report Reply
Thanks guys. I was down to a low of around 6mg a day as recently as a couple months ago but then I started taking a little extra cuz feels good man and next thing I knew I was back up to over 20mg daily. I went down to 16mg today and plan to take the same amount tomorrow. How long do you think it could take me to get down to like 8mg or less a day without going so fast that I get withdrawals? And if I got to 8mg a day and then took a couple days off to avoid PWD how much hydro do you think it would take to get high? Not like nodding level but just a nice decent functional-level buzz, that's all I'm looking for.

I have like two or three bottles of subs from where I was taking a lower dose before but I told my doctor I was taking 12mg a day, which is what I'm still technically prescribed. I'm trying to stockpile as much of it as I can while I'm still able and then hoping to ditch this doctor as soon as possible. Having all these sub prescriptions on my record is making it harder for me to get other drugs from doctors. Fuck I miss the days of having tons of stims and benzos every month back before I started on subutex. Now it's so hard to get any of that stuff because the doctors all look at the fucking record. No respect for patient confidentiality at all these days... Like it's so obvious that I need a benzo because I have such severe anxiety and panic attacks and insomnia, even my psychologist was trying to help me figure out ways to get a benzo illicitly since I can't get a script for it anymore.
>>
m - Wed, 27 Mar 2019 22:49:03 EST ID:+ZjK73lt No.604371 Ignore Report Reply
1553741343118.png -(5489B / 5.36KB, 483x291) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>604280
I was basing the receptor saturation figures off that common image used on a suboxone taper website. I'll add it here. I honestly have no idea if it's accurate.

See how it plateaus at around 8mg and might as well be 100%? It could be wrong though.
>>
Samuel Berringwill - Fri, 29 Mar 2019 00:49:01 EST ID:UvfzVN37 No.604401 Ignore Report Reply
>>604371
Yo this image is fire AF thank you. Also I read half life is 17 hours boys so do the math and you can find your current Mg amount
>>
m - Fri, 29 Mar 2019 01:15:01 EST ID:+ZjK73lt No.604402 Ignore Report Reply
>>604401

Theres two problems with that approach. For one, everyone's metabolism is different. I recall the mean halflife to be 37hr. Secondly, that doesnt take into account bioaccumulation. 8mg per day for a hear could end up with an accumulated dose in the dozens of mg, since it takes more than 24hr for half to leave one's system.
>>
Caroline Buddlelore - Fri, 29 Mar 2019 20:29:13 EST ID:D5skNY+2 No.604431 Ignore Report Reply
>>604402
Yes 37 hours I apologize for the misinformation off by a couple digits lol. Thank you
>>
Phineas Tootshaw - Sun, 31 Mar 2019 16:43:03 EST ID:Gq+FJTcZ No.604486 Ignore Report Reply
Not sure since haven't used that long, but I have noticed that weed boosts the effect of opiods quite nicely. Tramal + weed is probably my favourite drugcombo ever.
>>
JJzz !8tv9M.5S82 - Mon, 01 Apr 2019 10:28:40 EST ID:Kdd63tvx No.604506 Ignore Report Reply
>>604305

Did you actually feel any pleasant effects from taking more when you were stablized on 6mg?

Im on 2-4mg/day and i have taken as much as 12mg without any difference. I dont get high on my normal dose to begin with either.
>>
Isabella Turveyham - Tue, 02 Apr 2019 08:24:11 EST ID:WNCSFO2L No.604540 Ignore Report Reply
>>604506
Yeah I definitely did. I have records of most of my consumption (yeah I'm weird like that). One of my 8mg pills weighs around .41g on my scales, give or take a couple hundredths of a gram depending on calibration or whatever. Back in December I was stable at around .20g of pill per day, so that's approximately 4mg of actual Buprenorphine. On December 22, for example, I took .40g of pill, so basically 8mg, and I definitely felt a buzz from that. Not like nodding or anything like that, but a definitely noticeable nice, pleasant buzz.

It's never just a one time thing with taking extra, though, so next thing I knew it was late February and I was taking like 1.50g of pills every day. Now I'm back down to two pills, so about .80g, or 16mg of actual Buprenorphine, per day. I spent so long gradually tapering down to half a pill a day and I fucked it all up...

So you really don't feel anything at all when you take 12mg while stable at 2-4mg? You just feel exactly the same as if you'd just taken your normal dose instead? How long did it take you to get down to 2-4mg per day? What dose did you start at? Did you have any withdrawals at all while tapering down?

I definitely don't get high from my normal dose. It's just if I take extra. When I take my normal dose I just feel normal. The only reminders that I'm even taking an opioid at all are the chronic constipation and a little chronic lethargy. Although I'm not sure to what extent the lethargy is the subutex and to what extent I'm just lethargic anyway.
>>
m - Tue, 02 Apr 2019 09:33:07 EST ID:+ZjK73lt No.604542 Ignore Report Reply
>>604540

I normally take 4mg/day and just did like 32mg plugged and 8ng sublingual this morning for science and I hardly felt anything, like maybe a bit itchy and a speedy type feel I'd get from just 5-7.5mg adderall IR. No nod, no opi warmth.

I'm like JJzz in that suboxone just never did it for me ever.
>>
Isabella Turveyham - Tue, 02 Apr 2019 11:19:40 EST ID:WNCSFO2L No.604546 Ignore Report Reply
>>604542
hmm that's weird. I mean I've never gotten anything as powerful as what I would feel from when I've taken something like hydrocodone or even codeine, but I definitely can get a noticeable and pleasant buzz from taking extra bupe when I'm stable at a relatively low dose. Where I'm at now, though, at around 16mg a day, I wouldn't be able to feel much, if anything at all, from taking more. I've only ever taken it sublingually, btw.
>>
JJzz !8tv9M.5S82 - Wed, 03 Apr 2019 06:28:17 EST ID:Kdd63tvx No.604592 Ignore Report Reply
Ive never really taken more than 8mg daily, and ive always been able to just drop as low as 1-2mg without any trouble. Ive always used low dose bupe regularly to get by before i was on maintenance, like .5-1mg IV when i didnt have H. Ive been on maintenance since June 2018,

To clarify, unlike Dr Mario, 2mg nasal suboxone used to get me fucking RIPPED, even after i had a decently significant Heroin/Opana habit. I think the difference maker was when i switched to IVing in 2017. The fentadope became all there was available (Greater Buffalo Area) around that time as well
>>
JJzz !8tv9M.5S82 - Wed, 03 Apr 2019 06:32:15 EST ID:Kdd63tvx No.604593 Ignore Report Reply
>>604592

I suspect that Dr M had already created too much perma-tolerance before using Bupe, but he is the only one who can tell you that.

Oddly enough, i weigh my pills too, and use a hose clamp to shave off 25-50mg of pill at a time. Small world

Nb

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.