Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Methadone, using opiates while on methadone possible?

- Fri, 16 Aug 2019 01:49:30 EST osznr6gK No.609477
File: 1565934570429.jpg -(33779B / 32.99KB, 688x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Methadone, using opiates while on methadone possible?
I've been on 110mg of methadone for about 8 months, and I'm wanting to use opiates. If I use other opiates, will I feel any effect at all? How long do I need to stop taking methadone before I can feel any effects? Anyone have any experience with this?
>>
Beatrice Pockfuck - Fri, 16 Aug 2019 02:30:15 EST uyFQz5mH No.609478 Reply
>>609477
Ive been on methadone for a year and a half, tho most of that time i was in the 30-50mg range. Right now im at 70. I can still get get high from opiates, although it takes more/ the high is diminished. Some people dont feel as much as i do, and u being at 110, may be in that group. Everyone is diff. But methadone is a full agonist, so u wont run into any blocker/precip-WD issues. Just the issue of ur "dope" being drowned out by methadone.

My advice, DONT FUCKING USE AGAIN. and start thinking and planning a super slow taper off the the done'
>>
DTMO - Fri, 16 Aug 2019 18:21:31 EST WPH+dayt No.609504 Reply
>>609487
Heaps of people on the methadone program still use other opiates. It's extremely common. With the long half life and dose accumulation it can make using heroin etc inpeactical because of how much is needed. That's about it.
>>
Hillbilly Heroin !JhIhjqOq5k - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 00:41:42 EST 7Y8izlLY No.609521 Reply
>>609477
Assuming you are in the US and are going to an outpatient clinic (a lot of assumptions I know but most posting here about methadone are in MRT at a clinic) then at 8 months you should be getting at least 2 weeks of take homes at a time if not more.

That is plenty to play around with. Instead of taking other opis I would probably just advise to save up some of your take homes and then after a few days at a lower level just taking extra methadone.

And for anyone with any kind of take homes or recurring script to anything I always advise having at least a scripts worth held back if not more. Then you are safe from any pill checks or anything like that and can do as you please.

Also, if you are at a clinic I would recommend never going down there. All of the clinics I am aware of charge a flat fee and even if you are actually trying to taper why would you pay the same amount for 10mg as you do 110mg? Just keep getting your take homes, taper yourself, and then you have a ton stashed away for trading, extra cash, or an emergency stash.

And for god sake if you use other illicit substances while on MRT at a clinic, including other opis, then, please, before you do save some methadone only urine, portion it out, and put it in the freezer so you always have clean piss to use.
>>
nate - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 01:41:01 EST MXwJd0uM No.609524 Reply
Of course it's possible to use on top, tonnes of people do, especially where I'm from. You just need to use more though to get the desired effects which is one of the huge downsides - aswell as the fact that if you start steadily using on top of your 'done regularly or daily, you will then feel it for sure when you only have your 'done. Essentially you just now have a habit on top of a habit which is harder to maintain. Jacks your tolerance up.

A lot of people say there is a "blocking effect" of methadone which I believe is commonly said to be anywhere from 70-90mg or more, different for different people. After that point though you still can use but as said, you will start to need a lot more to get the feels, and it will be more dulled than normal.

>>609521
Seconding most of what the hillbilly said. I also would not recommend diving into using full on. Methadone itself is an awesome drug and I think It is hugely underappreciated for sure. I laugh when people say "it's a shit drug, "you can't get high off it", "has no rush" etc. Double dose your stuff and you'll feel great for sure. Like he said, save some up, play around with it, it's great stuff.

Also I definitely second the saving and freezing of methadone only urine. It's a life saver for those times you will mostly inevitably end up needing it.

Also, about the rush of methadone - yes it's strong and is amazing IV'd, but I won't recommend it if you are American or anywhere else where it's flavoured or syrup or has all sorts of crap in it. Not safe at all as is there. I only do it (and done very commonly here) because the stuff we get is literally just methadone + distilled water so is definitely safe, filtered it is fine.
>>
Dbag McGee 1 - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 04:30:45 EST osznr6gK No.609535 Reply
>>609477
I know it's possible to use opiates on top of methadone and the effects are different for everyone. I guess I should of phrased my post better. I know methadone has a very long half life and I'm wondering how long I need to stop taking it before I can actually fully feel other opiates. Last time i used some h the same day i used methadone and didnt feel anything, I tried a larger dose later the same day and still felt nothing. I tried the same thing again a couple months later after not taking methadone for almost 2 days and still felt nothing. Has anyone been on a high dose of methadone for a long period of time like myself (110mg a day for 8 months) and tried stopping taking methadone completely to see how many days it took before you could actually fully feel other opiates? I hope this makes sense.
>>
Wesley Chunnernit - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 12:06:42 EST 6yMnIIDg No.609538 Reply
>>609535
But you would fall into horrible methadone withdrawal?? I dont think you will find many people who have tried the little 'experiment' you are asking for because of this reason...
>>
Shitting Croblinglore - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 13:32:43 EST SI0jDs3E No.609540 Reply
>>609538
No shit, that's the price you pay to get high again. No free lunch.
>>
Archie Gaggleway - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 15:11:36 EST SnO3ZRr8 No.609547 Reply
>>609477
you can use other opiates...my guy is on methadone and slams h all the time...

also LOL at that picture...fucking how do fat tweakers exist?
>>
Archie Gaggleway - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 15:12:40 EST SnO3ZRr8 No.609548 Reply
>>609521
>Then you are safe from any pill checks

Have you ever had this happen? I've never had this shit happen in my life.
>>
Hillbilly Heroin !JhIhjqOq5k - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 15:24:53 EST 7Y8izlLY No.609549 Reply
>>609548
Yes, I've been called in for pill counts and random drug screenings at my PM clinic. Just a part of it when you've been on opiates for like 15+ years; occasionally you will get called in. PM docs now have to do a certain number of these per year and I'm usually one of the ones called in because he knows my counts are always right and my piss is always clean.

I also bring all my scripts every time I go to a dr appt. Whether it be my pm, gp, or whatever. It just looks better.
>>
Nigel Sadgemotch - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 21:08:44 EST SnO3ZRr8 No.609565 Reply
>>609549
What's a PM Clinic? Is that a methadone clinic?

I've only gone to regular GP and psyche doctors. Never had a pill count.

Also...lol if I carried all my pill bottles around i'd look like a straight weirdo.
>>
dr. m - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 22:08:41 EST 1qKXc0ke No.609575 Reply
>>609566

PM stands for pain management. It's a politically correct way of saying what was always called a pill mill that dispenses dope in tablet form to a lot of patients, including some with conditions that truly warrant their prescriptions.
>>
Hillbilly Heroin !JhIhjqOq5k - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 22:18:26 EST 7Y8izlLY No.609577 Reply
>>609565
PM stands for Pain Management however it is not by any means a pill mill as dr. m claims here >>609575

For a long time now you have to go to PM if you want recurring scripts. The DEA also keep putting out new regulations that make it harder for current patients and almost impossible to get new patients in. My PM doc has a huge waiting list and he certainly isn't one to just hand out drugs.

Real deal pill mills are few and far between these days.
>>
dr. m - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 22:31:58 EST 1qKXc0ke No.609579 Reply
>>609577

I just meant it in the sense that their primary purpose is being an controlled substance ATM machine with a side order of weird stuff like nerve shock implants and a bunch of other pain killing methods. My psych is basically a pill mill in disguise, as I get 90x80mg Subutex and 60 or 90 (was 90 this month but we will see long term) 30mg Adderall IR each and every month.

Personally I consider my psych a pill mill because simply saying "I used to be scripted Adderall," even while providing absolutely zero evidence, was enough to start s permanent script of it. As for the whopping 24mg of Subutex per day, all I needed was two positive piss tests that supposedly showed the highest ever urine opioid concentration that said suboxone psych doc has ever encountered in his 20+ years of practice. I wouldn't be surprised if I could push him for even 32mg of subutex/day if I fed him some bullshit about how my 1 year "sobriety" date is coming up soon and cravings are flaring up bad for the first time in several months.

Sorry I confused the idea of a pill mill being a doctor who scripts controlled shit 24/7 for a living in a legitimate and government supervised way, and the definition of pill mills being more of the situation I listed above with my current psych.

Hell, I would be getting 90mg Dexedrine IR/day instead if I wasn't paying out of pocket with no insurance, and said psych doc even once wrote me a script for actual Desoxyn, which is medical methamphetamine. Apart from the absurd price, the only reason why I never actually got it was absolutely no pharmacy within 20min drive was either able to actually order it and get it in stock in a reasonable time, or even willing to fill the script in the first place seeing as my state's script database shows them I'm on near-max daily dosage of Subutex and a lot of other semi-good stuff.
>>
Charles Shakegold - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 20:21:10 EST SnO3ZRr8 No.609619 Reply
>>609579
>or even willing to fill the script in the first place

I hate when your pharmacy thinks they know better than your doctor.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.