Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Growing poppy sprouts to make poppy plant smoothies. Documentation thread.

- Sat, 17 Aug 2019 22:43:39 EST 6YEguU42 No.609581
File: 1566096219264.jpg -(1387424B / 1.32MB, 3264x2448) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Growing poppy sprouts to make poppy plant smoothies. Documentation thread.
Okay so I posted in the Fresh Pods thread about this but I wanted to make a thread to document my experiment and I encourage others to try this out too so we can see if we can make our own 'opium tea' in the comfort of our homes.

I have these two sources specifying the rate of alkaloids as the plant progresses to grow
https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/bulletin/bulletin_1958-01-01_1_page005.html

https://www.zobodat.at/pdf/PHY_41_1_0087-0096.pdf

and I'll post the tables from those sources in this thread.

We have triple-decker food steamer (pic related) that we use to grow broccoli sprouts that I'll be using for this undertaking.
From what I've read, 4 days after sowing the seeds morphine can be traced so I'll do my first dose then and if it doesn't work I'll keep growing them for up to 6 weeks (or until my steamer cant fit anymore growth).
>>
Thomas Gennerwick - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 22:44:55 EST 6YEguU42 No.609582 Reply
1566096295264.png -(844425B / 824.63KB, 1580x2280) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Here's the tables from the studies.
>>
Thomas Gennerwick - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 22:54:31 EST 6YEguU42 No.609584 Reply
I remember a while back someone posted a link to buy seeds of a supposed faster growing, higher yielding poppy. I think I might have saved the link somewhere but if anyone else has it and can post it here that would be appreciated
>>
dr. m - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 23:09:47 EST 1qKXc0ke No.609585 Reply
>>609581

I'm only going to repeat this one more time. The seeds actually worth your time growing are UK seeds. They were GC/MS tested to contained 1200 MINIMUM, 1200-2850mg of morphine per KG, and that's JUST THE DAMN SEEDS that has a tiny bit of latex residue on them. Every other country was like 1-200mg/kg. There's no fucking comparison man. The pharma company that was basically dictated to by the UK NHS who said "spend a bunch of money and GMO the fuck out of some seeds to grow up the dankity dankest highest morphine content seeds, as the majority of our country's painkillers are morphine-derived, e.g. codeine, dhc, morphine, and Rx heroin."

The world's largest pharma poppy exporters, or at least Australia/Tsamania in particular, have been chosen to produce thebaine-heavy crops because of the global demand for thebaine-derived opioids, including the popular hydrocodone, oxycodone, hydromorphone, oxymorphone, naloxone (I believe), naltrexone, and others.

You want either UK seeds, or your second best option is Spanish seeds from the right source, but even then the Spanish seeds will produce sprouts that are like 1-20%, or on average maybe just 5k, as potent as the UK ones. I don't mean to shit in your stew, but I'm just trying to help and there's got to be a way to get access to this super frankenstein GMO seeds. This is why I have a friend hold onto a full 1lb of UK seed. Who knows how much longer those genetics will even remain publicly accessible. They may become permanently exclusive.
>>
Hillbilly Heroin !JhIhjqOq5k - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 23:13:28 EST 7Y8izlLY No.609587 Reply
>>609584
I'd post a link to where I get my seeds but we're not allowed to source.
>>
Thomas Gennerwick - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 23:20:39 EST 6YEguU42 No.609590 Reply
>>609585
I'll try my best to get some UK seeds but in the meantime I'm still gonna try using what I have since its really low effort and even if nothing comes of it I'll at least have a healthy smoothie haha

>>609587
damn, if you can quickly send it to fasaga 'at hd-mail 'dot' com you'll be doing us all a service
>>
Thomas Gennerwick - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 02:56:36 EST 6YEguU42 No.609597 Reply
>>609594
Thanks for the tip!

But specifically someone posted a link here maybe like a month ago for a online seeds store that was selling, according to them, poppy seeds used in the Middle East for opium production. It was kind of a weird outdated looking site but they had normal products too.

I think i the description they said that the seeds were highly sought after and a rare find and had a quote from a farmer or whatever saying something like "they just showed up and told us the plant these seeds, they grew in only x weeks and had a higher yield than usual".
>>
Phoebe Lighthood - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 14:42:30 EST SI0jDs3E No.609647 Reply
>>609585
It may not matter as much for this guys purposes, since he's only sprouting and not fully growing them out. The genetic disposition to making more morphine may not be noticeable until the plant's have fully grown, and could be more uniform across different strains when they're sleeping tiny sprouts.
>>
P - Sun, 01 Sep 2019 00:52:26 EST DOtmUPy9 No.609954 Reply
>>609581
This is something I've written about too but never got around to doing. What a weird coincidence as I had forgotten about it until a couple days ago, and then just saw this thread - I was reading those same studies too.

I did some rough calculations and this method could at least get you a single high. A kg of sprouts harvested at day 12 could get you about 700mg morphine, theoretically.

Only things I haven't found the answer to are the weight of individual sprouts at different stages, and the size of a sprout.

But let's say you bought a lb of live seeds, which is about 1 million individual seeds. Then only 25% germinate. Then you harvest them at day 12, let's pretend they go 10x in weight. You now have 1.1kg and about 700mg morphine.

I'd wait until day 12 or so, not any earlier than 6.
>>
P - Sun, 01 Sep 2019 01:47:13 EST DOtmUPy9 No.609955 Reply
Is there any particular strain of seeds you should buy for m content? Are commercial flowering seeds capable of producing morphine or has that been bred out of them?
>>
George Tillingforth - Sun, 01 Sep 2019 13:52:50 EST PXfYCYt1 No.609957 Reply
OP here
>>609954
Cool, Ill weigh my sprouts before blending them into a smoothie and then report back afterwards. I 'sowed' the seeds on monday the 19th so its been 14 days now. they took much longer to germinate than broccoli seeds which is disappointing. Is it 12 days after germinating that you estimate that there could be 700mg or after sowing?

I'm not sure exactly when I'm going to harvest them yet, maybe I'll just wait until they run out of room to grow. What I am/was really hoping for was having bi monthly opium smoothies for free to use as a treat while maintaining on Tramadol. But seeing as its so low effort it doesn't really matter if its only once a month.

I have plenty of poppies growing in my backyard atm which I'll turn into PPT so I'll be able to make a comparison between the two highs.
>>
George Tillingforth - Sun, 01 Sep 2019 14:08:00 EST PXfYCYt1 No.609958 Reply
Weirdly the seeds on the top level are growing much faster than the middle and the bottom level ones are barely growing at all. Maybe I need to spray them some more? I guess the dense sprouts are blocking the water from getting to the bottom level or something. Also tons of sprouts are growing downwards.
>>609955
Dr.m was insisting that I try to get UK seeds as they have a higher morphine content but I only have AUS pharma seeds (typically higher in thebaine) available, Hillbilly Heroin gave a discreet tip for some seeds and I remember someone a while back posting a link to apparent afgan opium fields seeds but I couldn't find it.
>>
P - Sun, 01 Sep 2019 15:34:35 EST DOtmUPy9 No.609960 Reply
>>609957
Cool.

Yeah if you only want monthly or bimonthly than this is totally doable for you. I was actually wondering, and you seem like the person to ask since you grow sprouts, how much space does a kg of sprouts usually take up? I'm not sure if you've ever weighed any of the sprouts you grow.

This goes for any sprouts of any species as they all should generally have the same volume and weight. How much space does a kg usually take up?

Also, as has already been said, Australian seeds might be too thebaine rich. I haven't done in depth research on this but it still might be an issue.

If I can't find a better source I'll probably be going with heirloom seed varieties.

If you have a scale it'd be interesting to see the weight of individual sprouts. If the weight is a gram or half a gram that's great, because that means merely 1000 germinating seeds could get you a kg and thus a high.
>>
P - Sun, 01 Sep 2019 20:47:50 EST DOtmUPy9 No.609971 Reply
>>609958
Update, I believe I found Afghan seeds someone was talking about. I won't source but I will say this, don't use Google as they hide actual results and replace it with news sites. DuckDuckGo all the way.

Their pricing is a little bit off though, it's like $25 for 100 seeds. If you planted a couple of those and kept them for seeds themselves then that would work I suppose.

Honestly it'd probably just be better to buy the cheap seeds. Picking the right cultivar is important, Afghan White or random Heirloom varities seems to be the best bet. Those seeds can be bought cheaply.
>>
Hillbilly Heroin !JhIhjqOq5k - Sun, 01 Sep 2019 23:43:36 EST 7Y8izlLY No.609977 Reply
1567395816176.jpg -(3133353B / 2.99MB, 4032x1960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>609971
That does seem pricey. I pay about $2/g for good varietals with great germ rates. Pic related.
>>
Phyllis Fuckingforth - Mon, 02 Sep 2019 10:53:32 EST yB2lulph No.609986 Reply
>>609971

don't use AUS seeds most of them are one of the "Norman" varieties that produce no morphine only thebaine. there are some tasmanian varieties that produce morphine but they are basically identical to the Norman ones so more than likely the bogan who is price gouging you for them doesn't know either

consider:

Hens and Chicks - a giganteum that is big, strong, hardy and produces a good opium yield. I would assume that the variety it mutated from must have been a pharma one. it's rarer and more expensive than most seeds though

or

Lauren's Grape - standard garden size but it produces 2-3x the latex of most ornamental varieties and has good morphine content plus lots of secondary flowers.
>>
P - Mon, 02 Sep 2019 13:00:08 EST DOtmUPy9 No.609990 Reply
>>609986
Thanks that's super useful. Both of the ones you recommended can be found on eBay too.
>>
Fanny Puckledatch - Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:06:25 EST QsgmL1hP No.610121 Reply
I really like the idea of poppy plant microgreens

I may have to experiment too

I also heard sprouts are notorious for food poisoning so be cautious
>>
Frederick Honeywill - Sat, 07 Sep 2019 18:33:35 EST 5TyZZo7K No.610123 Reply
>>609960
Poppy sprouts don't grow like the broccoli ones we'd grow before, poppy ones are wispy white things at first that eventually turning into something more like what you'd think of as a 'sprout' with a bit of green, the broccoli ones grow much more rapidly. I honestly don't have any experience with gardening or anything only growing the broccoli sprouts which consists of putting this in a container and spraying them with water daily

I don't think the wispy sprouts I have currently growing would weight enough to register on my scales but one the the further developed ones might, Ill give it a go.

I actually just spent a week nodding hard every day from some Aussie seeds, so hard I didn't make it to bed most nights, I slept in my chair. I don't think the seeds I used for the experiment were that strong wish is a shame. At least I have a bunch of plants growing in the back yard now which I'll harvest and dry or something. I'll need to pull them out before they become too obvious as to what they are just in case a nosy neighbor has a problem. Maybe I can just bend them up and chug them down too?
>>
Frederick Honeywill - Sat, 07 Sep 2019 19:02:02 EST 5TyZZo7K No.610124 Reply
1567897322719.jpg -(7775864B / 7.42MB, 6616x5128) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>610123
Heres a few pic of the sprouts
Top right is the first layer of the dehydrator but as I had sprayed them with water before the pic the sprouts are weighed down.
They usually look more like the underside like in the bottom right and top left.

The bottom right is the lowest layer which had the slowest signs of germinating but has surprised me with it ended up being the level with the most 'green' sprouts.

I am a little worried about food poisoning as the wispy sprouts seem like a hotbed for bacteria growth, but if (when?) they grow to green sprouts and possibly beyond could they be well washed?
>>
Edwin Bottingson - Sun, 08 Sep 2019 12:33:11 EST OJNB9Yac No.610139 Reply
>>610124
That so looks like whispy mold. I know u say sprouts, but all i see is the mold that develops when u let used poppy seeds sit in a non airtight enviorment.
>>
Eliza Bunbanks - Sun, 08 Sep 2019 16:22:24 EST 6vyTjX1P No.610142 Reply
>>610124
my dude, a quick google search of poppy sprouts shows nothing like that whispy white stuff you got there, just the lil green sprouts

I think you got a pile of mold dog
>>
Oliver Blillydock - Mon, 09 Sep 2019 00:39:22 EST 5TyZZo7K No.610154 Reply
>>610139
>>610142
>>610143
ah fuck, well there goes that experiment
when I was researching this a chick on youtube showed off the poppy sprouts and they looked like that, also when I dump my seeds in my backyard those things grow in the soil too so I assumes it was just early sprouts.

Its weird that I never had this problem with broccoli seeds even though we soak those overnight before sowing them too kinda like making PST.

Anyway yesterday I pulled up 200g of young (maybe 5" tall with leaves) poppy plants, thoroughly washed them and blended them into a smoothie but I didn't notice any high, So I think I'll wait until I have some plants with stems growing then try again, for science.

I could try pulling out sprouts growing in my yard but it seems like I;d need a fuckload of them. Of course like dr m said it could be that my seeds just aren't potent enough.

I guess Ill dump these moldy ass sprouts in the green waste bin and vinegar wash the dehydrator. Thanks for looking out guys, I wasn't too keen on eating that stuff until they were completely green sprouts anyway but now knowing it was moldy idk how I'd avoid the mold growth and keep it sanitary.
>>
P - Mon, 09 Sep 2019 00:40:28 EST v6N73DW3 No.610155 Reply
>>609581
Yeah bro my first thought was mold. No way is that whispy shit on the bottom sprouts.

I watched a broccoli sprouting video the other day and the guy got whisps too but he said it was 'fine' and that it was just the sprouts. I'm not sure I believe him, but even then it was only whispy on the top. The shit you're dealing with is waaay worse.
>>
P - Mon, 09 Sep 2019 00:43:17 EST v6N73DW3 No.610156 Reply
>>610154
That's disappointing to hear you didn't notice anything.

Maybe washing them washed away any alkaloids? Idk. I'm gonna take a look at the studies again and see if they washed them before measuring morphine content.
>>
Oliver Blillydock - Mon, 09 Sep 2019 01:01:20 EST 5TyZZo7K No.610158 Reply
>>610156
I assumed the alkaloids were inside the plant and I had to wash them or I'd be drinking tons of dirt and shit haha

I was reading more and I think once the stalk forms there is significantly more alkaloid content, then again with the pod forms obviously. A gardening website about edible plants said only to eat the poppy leaves before the stalk grows or else you might get high essentially.
>>
Frederick Seblingtat - Fri, 20 Sep 2019 15:10:14 EST 8aMXTKzz No.610518 Reply
>>609986
Is there anyway to know if you have the norman variety. Ordered some seeds described as afghan poppies but later realized they were shipped from tasmania. They have a white flower if that makes a difference.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.