Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Kratom strains

- Sun, 18 Aug 2019 16:39:52 EST pP9ksngJ No.609612
File: 1566160792985.jpg -(6440B / 6.29KB, 284x177) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Kratom strains
I have tried green maeng which is balanced to the side of energizing and motivating while relieving pain and tiny relaxation. But it's not suited for sleeping because it's too stimulating. I haven't tried any other strain like the red ones, do those make you sleepy in low-medium doses or are you able to carry on with normal activities?

Green maeng is very good daytime strain for me but Im looking for a different balanced strain that errs more on the side of relaxing / pain killing side while also being energizing and a sense of well being. What strain could do that? Even a higher dose of maeng doesnt produce results i want just more unwanted stimulation.

Also could you mix strains or does it cause imbalanced effects ? eg. mixing red and green/white

What is your favorite kratom strain?
>>
Kekistan69 - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 17:02:10 EST JEt2x1Cb No.609614 Reply
>>609612
I mix Kratom strains all the time and am always stocked up on 8-12 different strains at once. Sounds like red Bali or yellow Sumatra is what you're looking for if you want relaxing, opioid-like effects.
>>
Cyril Dartridge - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 21:10:18 EST O1Y3/DSw No.609622 Reply
There is a ton of variation in strains between different vendors, and the way people's bodies handle different strains, so your best bet is to just try a lot of different kinds and doses to see what you like. Mixing strains works just fine and can produce good synergies depending on the strains, so that is another area to experiment in. You'll find what works for you with enough experience.
>>
exoeso22 - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 21:25:22 EST jeaTaD4n No.609623 Reply
>>609612
As others have said it's great to just try all kinds of different strains 'till you find what best suits you, or even mixing those strains for better effects. If I were you'd I'd look towards red strains. I really like Red MD, Bali, Dragon (from my regular vendor)
>>
Martin Brecklefield - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 23:11:48 EST U8xxeth7 No.609626 Reply
1566184308917.jpg -(11992B / 11.71KB, 236x234) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Kindling question:

So say you used to use Kratom a long time ago on routine basis, but then stopped and years after that got a serious opi addiction to something like heroin or tianeptine or oxy, then stopped. If you start using kratom again, will due to kindling effect you start to develop an actual addiction this time around? Because I abused lots of pills, then used kratom like coffee, then awhile later tried a new "RC" type of drug and got hardcore addicted to it and I'm worried if I drink a lot of Kratom again that this time I'll get cold sweats and muscle cramps when I stop.
>>
Martin Fuvingstone - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 07:37:50 EST hsSi6Hrd No.609638 Reply
>>609626
In my own experience, if you build a tolerance to Kratom, dosing every day and increasing dose for a while, yes you will get Opi type withdrawal. I've also had a H habit before and currently on a bupe maintenance program (UK here) and Kratom withdrawal is quite similar - not as bad a full on Opi's but the withdrawal deffo feels like what you get with Opi's. I got to the point with Kratom where I would dose just before sleep, then wake up in the morning with hot/cold sweats, waking up because of the terrifying nightmares and have a really depressed and agitated feeling until I dosed again. This then lead me into thinking eventually, fuck it I'm gonna get some proper Opi's and then got hooked on pills for a while before ending up on H for a while. It's a substance that can start off very effective for lots of things but can very easily lead you into daily dependence and addiction and lead you into harder things quickly. That's my own experience and I'm sure everyone has different experiences and journeys tho - but treat this stuff with extreme caution! Its not the friendly thing all these crappy sites and vendors make it out to be...
>>
Kekistan69 - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 11:41:07 EST JEt2x1Cb No.609641 Reply
I've withdrawn from a heavy PST habit 3-4 times, and have quit Kratom 4-5 times, and in my experience Kratom withdrawals were a walk in the park in comparison. It was unpleasant for about 10-12 days but I was able to sleep fine and did not have the extreme depression and anxiety I got with bad PST withdrawal. While some people might be different and have worse withdrawal from Kratom than I do, I firmly believe Kratom to be a much safer daily habit to have than any harder opioids.

Maybe some people can't use Kratom regularly without reverting back to harder opioids, but some people can. I've also found my tolerance plateaus if I take the same dose everyday, and I still get a nice buzz everytime I dose. Which contrasts with other opioids I've used, which give me no noticeable buzz/high once my tolerance has risen to high levels.
>>
Martin Fuvingstone - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 14:33:19 EST hsSi6Hrd No.609644 Reply
>>609641
Interesting you didn't find it too rough - the depression and anxiety for me during WD's was very similar to harder Opi WD's, but yes I have to agree the physical side wasnt as bad apart from the cold sweats. For me tho, the mental side of Opi WD's combined with lack if sleep and then RLS during PAWS phase is way worse to deal with than the other bits. Like I can deal with puking and the shits etc... quite well, but damn I hate the hopelessness and crying all the time and all that stuff! Lol I'm probs just a sensitive pansy to be fair... But yeah, I personally found Kratom fairly similar during WD's, but then with zero energy for a lot longer?! Its odd stuff.
>>
Kekistan69 - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 14:48:03 EST JEt2x1Cb No.609648 Reply
>>609644
Every time I quit Kratom I would buy kava kava supplements and take them 3 times a day for 2 weeks. I'd also run 30-60 mins everyday. The combo of those 2 probably help a lot with the anxiety and depression aspects. But I also think my withdrawals to everything aren't as bad as most people. I'm sure part of the severity of withdrawals is genetic. I had a 2lb a day PST habit from January-June this year on the best seeds available and switched to Kratom last month, and I felt like all my withdrawal symptoms were over in 2-3 days.

I could just be lucky. I don't doubt the severity of withdrawals for others, trust me.
>>
Phyllis Buzzcocke - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 20:49:02 EST cbXJ46oj No.609664 Reply
>>609644
does kratom w/d have rls too? cause that is by far the worst w/d symptom for me, outside of maybe that like brain on fire feeling if anyone else gets that too.
>>
Simon Shittingforth - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 04:30:00 EST hsSi6Hrd No.609678 Reply
>>609664
I have to admit, I don't remember RLS being too bad with Kratom actually. For me personally, only the harder Opi's seem to give me this... Like anything Oxy level and above, but that's just me. It seems people have their own personal experiences during any type of withdrawal, so what one person finds unbearable, another person may not even have those symptoms. I think that's why withdrawal is so bad (in general) because the generic info about it out there is just that - it doesn't reflect each person's own struggles or their personal timeline for symptoms. That plays on people's minds then, as you start to question everything you are going through and how long the shitty things you're dealing with are actually going to last. At least that's how it's always been for me - I kinda wish I knew the exact breakdown of symptoms so I could at least be like, eh - ok I'm in for 72 hours of crap then it will all be lots better, but it never seems to play out like that for me, and I end up obsessing over why I'm still feeling symptom x or y when 'theoretically' I should be past that part etc...
>>
Kekistan69 - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 10:40:01 EST JEt2x1Cb No.609681 Reply
>>609678
In my experience the severity of the withdrawals I feel heavily depends on why I'm quitting. If you are in a bad place psychologically all of the physical symptoms are magnified. Obviously you will have some withdrawals regardless of your mindset, but a positive mindset seemed to make an enormous difference in my anxiety and depression (which are the only unbearable parts for me).

For example, I once quit Kratom just because I got worried it might be hurting my liver (it wasn't but I'd read a few anecdotal stories online about heptatoxicity in Kratom). I didn't want to quit and constantly thought about Kratom. Felt like shit for 5 days then got back on it. In contrast, another time I quit Kratom I had just met a girl I was really into and wanted to quit so I wouldn't be addicted to anything while I was with her. That time, quitting Kratom seemed like no problem. The same withdrawal symptoms that seemed unbearable the first time I quit seemed much milder because I truly wanted to quit and had a positive outlook.

I guess the main takeaway is that you really have to feel motivated to quit, and have a positive outlook on life after quitting, to stick to it and minimize the depression and anxiety. If you quit when you don't really want to, the depression and anxiety are much worse and make the physical symptoms feel much worse.

I'm fascinated by discussions in differences in withdrawal symptoms though. For me, strangely enough, withdrawal to everything seems to have gotten easier for me for both Kratom and real opioids each time I "quit." Knowing how it'll feel and the timetable for the wds makes me rest easier knowing I can tough it out for X amount of days. From what I've read from other people, withdrawals usually get worse with each period of addiction.
>>
Kekistan69 - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 15:55:08 EST QNhcKKIA No.609689 Reply
>>609687
I haven't taken much red horn but red Bali is universally known as the most opioid like. When I take it after a run with some Benadryl I feel REALLY calm and euphoric for a little while (partly because of the endorphins from running but still).

In my experience any other strain is a little less opioid like than red Bali, so I'd recommend that over red horn. And in terms of maeng da, I don't notice enormous differences between different colors. Green maeng da seems to stimulate me more than red maeng da, but all maeng da strains will give you more of a stimulant buzz when compared to red Bali.
>>
Eliza Wogglebury - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 17:50:56 EST U8xxeth7 No.609694 Reply
1566337856577.jpg -(462845B / 452.00KB, 1600x1197) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
None of this answers my question at all. TO repeat:

I've never had a problem with Kratom in fact I used it daily for weeks and at one point possibly a few months on end without noticing any major problems. Quitting honestly felt less bad than my heavy coffee habits, which are brutal crippling headaches, depression, lack of motivation whatever and lasts a weekend. With Kratom I basically just felt lethargic and slightly bummed out.

Bear in mind that I was actually ordering the shit by the kilo at that point, so I am not talking about some swallow a few grams type of shit either. I was literally brewing like 4oz a day at one point for tea. Actually quite possibly could've been more in a day.

My problem is now I have actually had a serious addiction to tianeptine and I am incredibly worried that because of that I fucked up opiates for myself in the future. I do not know how much of a kindling effect exists here in terms of how it would affect Kratom intake and whether using Kratom on a routine basis after kicking a hardcore physical addiction when you previously had no problems can have problems now because you may have altered some pathways to make yourself more susceptible to addiction and withdrawal from opioids generally. That is my questuion.
>>
Fucking Sinningchit - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 07:59:40 EST hsSi6Hrd No.609707 Reply
>>609694
Ok, to answer your question directly, yes your assumption is correct. You will have damaged your Opiate receptors and dependency will always happen easier and quickly. Kratom is no different in that sense as it acts on the same receptors. Depending on how long ago you used, Kratom may not even give you a buzz anymore. As for withdrawal - see rest of thread. Personally I think we've already answered that part for you. It's an unknown and personal thing - nobody can tell you what your experience is going to be like, so either choose to not go down this route, or do it and suck it up when it comes to the negatives.
>>
Hughj - Sun, 25 Aug 2019 18:22:03 EST d5aQVBnH No.609817 Reply
>>609694
Get off that garbage asap, I used to be hooked on tia sodium and it was fucking horrible, be prepared for heroin like withdrawals coming off of it. By far one of the worst drugs I have dealt with the "high" fucking sucks and the withdrawal is absolutely horrid kratom barely even touched the agony.
>>
Rebecca Hiblingridge - Sun, 25 Aug 2019 21:30:10 EST 6vyTjX1P No.609818 Reply
>>609638
>This then lead me into thinking eventually, fuck it I'm gonna get some proper Opi's and then got hooked on pills for a while before ending up on H for a while.

that's like saying coffee is the reason you became a tweaker lmao
>>
Betsy Gankinford - Mon, 26 Aug 2019 14:41:03 EST hsSi6Hrd No.609836 Reply
>>609818
Lol well if that's your opinion then fair enough - but that's literally my story. Once I got the 'taste' for the feeling, I progressed to harder stuff pretty damn fast! Having actually experienced all of this personally, it's really how shit can happen. Everyone has their own story, but dont go shitting on someone's personal experience of addiction man, that's just not cool
>>
Martha Turveystone - Tue, 27 Aug 2019 01:18:10 EST Nl07YO2K No.609849 Reply
>>609836

I did the same thing man I was waking up essentially sick every morning from kratom and wasn’t even getting high so I was like fuck it I’m gonna find some heroin, and I’m kind of back on that tip with a pst habit that I have pretty well under control but I wish I’d stop using kratom it’s nothing but a pain in the ass again. It’s just totally compulsive and idk I guess I don’t give a shit. As long as I stay on H I’m good tho idk
>>
Samuel Hashletch - Tue, 27 Aug 2019 08:13:52 EST OHIHxMID No.609855 Reply
>>609612
It’s going to vary vendor to vendor but I never step out of Red Bali, and Red MD. sometimes I’ll mix in Green MD which seems to give me and energy boost with a bit of calm and relaxation almost like a low dose of a mild benzo.
>>
Molly Smalllock - Fri, 30 Aug 2019 17:13:01 EST cbXJ46oj No.609929 Reply
>>609818
can you imagine? if people moved from weaker drugs to stronger drugs (in the same class)? like how crazy would that be if people went from popping codeine and hydros to eventually working their way up to street dope? good thing that's total nonsense and not a real life phenomenon or we might have some sort of opiod crisis on our hands!
>>
Molly Smalllock - Fri, 30 Aug 2019 17:24:07 EST cbXJ46oj No.609930 Reply
>>609678
>That plays on people's minds
man does it ever. so often I'm like, am I sick or wding or just feel weird? sometimes it means I'll waste a dose just cause i'm nervous, sometimes I sort of ignore it and then boom, I'm right in the thick of it and not remotely prepared. and sometimes I get my symptoms in a different order than usual and it makes things more confusing. plus the worst thing out of all of it, the uncertain timeline. If I knew I'd be good in ~5 days it'd be bearable but some people say it took them weeks to get well. fucking weeks! like god damn, that's too much.

>>609681
that sounds pretty different than my experience with harder opiate withdrawal. whatever mood I start with (usually somewhat optimistic, like hey this isn't too bad yet maybe I tapered enough, maybe it'll be ok this time), I'm in hell by day 2-3 and I'm not getting more than an hour of sleep at a time till day... 6? idk it's been a while thankfully.

I know this assumption can only bite me in the ass but it seems like kratom wds are definitely a more manageable ordeal than normal wds. I think I will try switching off to that when I'm close to jumping off.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.