Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Getting off H with Kratom taper?

- Wed, 11 Sep 2019 09:36:51 EST NjmKkIbD No.610224
File: 1568209011578.jpg -(28695B / 28.02KB, 680x361) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Getting off H with Kratom taper?
Hey guys, so I've been smoking about 0.1 g of BTH twice a day for the past month or two and I need to stop. I've got 500 grams of Kratom headed my way w/ 125 grams each of Red Bentuangie, Red Hulk, Starburst and Green Hulk, and I'm taking 6 days off from work next week to just hammer this shit out. How would you guys recommend doing the switch from H to Kratom and the taper down? I've only done Kratom a couple times in the post and never really felt much from it (I'm guessing low potency combined with high opi tolerance).

So far someone I know recommended taking 5 grams of Kratom every 3 hours or as needed... so do this for the first 24 hours until I feel okay, and then just taper down with 4 grams every 3 hours the next day, 3 g/3 hr the next, 2 g/3 hr the next, and finally 1 g/3 hr the last couple days?
>>
John Norringsat - Wed, 11 Sep 2019 10:35:07 EST dttlF/OR No.610225 Reply
I never used Kratom so I can't help you with the taper much, but, I did get off oxy/dope/whatever a while back.

Buylist.
>Loperamide, Take one or two depending on how much you're shitting/pissing. It'll help.
>Vicks vapor rub
>Lots of fucking tissues dude, the good ones with the lotion in them
>400-800mg Ibu for any joint pain that your Krat doesn't touch
>Lots of fucking video games
>Lots of showers and warm baths

I wish you all the luck in the world my friend.
I hope your journey out of your hole isn't too rough.
If I can do it, you can do it.
>>
John Norringsat - Wed, 11 Sep 2019 10:53:35 EST dttlF/OR No.610226 Reply
Also something worth noting;
"I've only done Kratom a couple times in the past and never really felt much from it"
Treat Kratom as low-background noise mentally & physically. You may not feel it as intensely, but it'll always be there. It's not supposed to fully take over how you feel, just a gentle glaze on your receptors.
You're making a very good decision my guy.
>>
Cedric Durringwell - Wed, 11 Sep 2019 12:10:43 EST Xr9psdtZ No.610228 Reply
>>610225
One thing, with high tolerance you seem to need more lope and in higher doses it can slow down you recovery in wd, on other hand you can't be dehydrated. Also ibuprofen is good but diclofenac is the most potent non opioid painkiller, you should be able to buy it otc.
I will add that weed or microdoses of dxm improve mood and the latter has other benefits too. 15-30mg of dxm twice a day is enough. Sometimes it reduced my cravings.
>>
Dextrolord - Wed, 11 Sep 2019 12:56:15 EST t9+obISS No.610234 Reply
>>610224
Thats not that much h and not very long to be on it either, just dose 5g, the reds will probly help the most btw, and redose however often u wish. Stop h use entirely all at once in the beginning cuz it will suck but not be all that bad. Kratom is pretty forgiving so just take as much as I want as often as u please if u got no work or anything to do.

Sorry my post is all over the place but thats my 2cents on the issue
>>
William Nonnertit - Thu, 12 Sep 2019 14:09:21 EST NjmKkIbD No.610290 Reply
OP here.

>>610225
>I hope your journey out of your hole isn't too rough.

Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. I've gotten off H before via a methadone taper which was relatively painless due to how slowly I went down but I don't want to go through all that prolonged bullshit again.

>>610228
>I will add that weed or microdoses of dxm improve mood and the latter has other benefits too. 15-30mg of dxm twice a day is enough. Sometimes it reduced my cravings.

You know, I've heard this but I've never tried it. I tried Ketamine a couple times while in W/Ds from heroin FWIW but I didn't notice any lessening of symptoms.

>>610234
Yeah, I just want to quit the H ASAP. I'm almost tempted to just see how far I can get on cold turkeying the BTH (I have Xanax to get me through the sleepless nights, thank god), and then maybe dose on Kratom if it gets really unmanageable, but wouldn't that just reset the W/D cycle and start it over from the beginning? I'm sorta unclear how that works when switching from one opioid to another.
>>
Kekistan69 - Thu, 12 Sep 2019 14:41:16 EST JEt2x1Cb No.610293 Reply
>>610290
Taking Kratom will not cause your opioid withdrawal symptoms to reset. I have switched from PST to Kratom numerous times and eventually the PST withdrawal was gone and all I was addicted to was Kratom. Kratom does not bind as strongly to the opioid receptors as heroin and switching to Kratom is a good idea. I've quit Kratom cold turkey after using it for a year after quitting PST and the Kratom withdrawals are nowhere even close to conventional opioids, in my experience.
>>
Martin Worthingson - Thu, 12 Sep 2019 14:44:18 EST cbXJ46oj No.610295 Reply
>>610290
i'd recommend just immediately switching to kratom and tapering with the kratom. at the very least, I'd recommend switching to kratom only for a few weeks before cold turkey-ing from that (much much gentler than smack) if you're dead set on cold turkey.
>>
William Nonnertit - Thu, 12 Sep 2019 15:25:26 EST NjmKkIbD No.610296 Reply
>>610293
>Taking Kratom will not cause your opioid withdrawal symptoms to reset.
Really? That's fucking awesome. How long did it take you to make the switch from PST to Kratom? Like you did just stop taking PST completely and then dose on Kratom whenever you started feeling W/D symptoms?

>>610295
>i'd recommend just immediately switching to kratom and tapering with the kratom.
What's your opinion on the taper regimen I outlined in my OP as far as dose reduction & frequency of dose? I'm a little concerned that taking it every 3 hrs throughout all six days will be too frequent and make the W/Ds worse; should I maybe reduce the dosing frequency as well as the dosage throughout the taper?
>>
Kekistan69 - Thu, 12 Sep 2019 15:42:47 EST JEt2x1Cb No.610297 Reply
>>610296
I just switched from PST to Kratom immediately.. Like I said I've done it a few times and it makes the withdrawals 90% easier. PST sucks ass so bad now I prefer Kratom and I continue to use it on a daily basis for the moment. I get yearly physicals and taking Kratom frequently throughout the day does not seem to be hurting my health. I take 2-4g at a time 6-8 times a day for a total of 20-25g a day. It's an addiction but more comparable to coffee than to heroin, in terms of the severity of withdrawals if you quit.

Everytime I quit PST with Kratom I felt acclimated to the Kratom and over PST withdrawals within 4-5 days. But from what I've read online I think I do not get opioid withdrawal as badly as others, perhaps it is genetic.
>>
William Fugglelock - Thu, 12 Sep 2019 21:26:19 EST cbXJ46oj No.610316 Reply
>>610296
dosing regiment is basically impossible for me to intuit for you. btw kratom will technically extend w/ds, they just won't be near as bad as jumping straight off heroin. anyways here's how I'd do it:

-capsule up a lot of your kratom in ~.5g amounts. it will make this much much easier than weighing some out every time and is simple enough, a single 00 or 000 capsules hold around that much. weigh your first few out till you find out how much each of your capsules generally holds
-wait till you start to feel withdrawals coming. normally I'd say wait as long as you can but for the first dose I recommend taking them rather soon as you need to dial in your dosage
  • start with 4gs, if you continue to get sicker after an hour, bump it up another 1g, rinse and repeat (giving your dose an hour to settle before deciding to take more)
-once you are well, remember the total dose it took to make it there. next time you start to withdraw (and only then, redosing based on time alone is counter productive), take that dose minus .5g
-continue dropping by .5g until it isn't enough to keep you well
-the goal is to find the least amount you can take to stay well and comfortable, the taper hasn't really started yet
-once you have dialed in your minimum effective dose, you can start to taper by as much as you're comfortable with. it's up to you to decide how quickly you want to taper, whether to drop a little per dose or per day, or even per week if you're really having trouble with it. personally I prefer a slow, mostly painless taper since it's easier for me to stick with it and resist relapse/redosing if I'm not miserable but it sounds like you want to be done with this quick
-waiting as long as you can to redose helps a lot and each time you go into withdrawals you should be paying attention to how bad they are, using that as a metric for how close you are to being able to jump off
-to get some sleep, you might need to up your last dose of the day by a tiny bit depending on how severe your tape is. nothing wrong with that (within reason), as long as it's still going down as a whole. I'd recommend taking it pretty close to when you're going to sleep, even if you're not in full withdrawals then.
-since you're only redosing once you've tasted the withdrawals a bit, you can jump off as soon as you think they'll be bearable. and if you're wrong, you can just continue your taper a little longer. it's an effective system (for me at least)
-kratom is very forgiving imo, honestly there's not a lot of ways to screw up your kratom taper. like if you've quit h cold turkey before then once you're completely on the kratom (about a week since you last did any smack) this should be a walk in the park.
>>
William Fugglelock - Thu, 12 Sep 2019 21:36:39 EST cbXJ46oj No.610318 Reply
>>610316
no idea why the formatting did that randomly but you should be able to follow it regardless. here's a short version cause damn I wrote a lot.

tl;dr- find the lowest dose that keeps you well, take that dose when (and only when) withdrawals start to become unbearable, lower it as quickly or slowly as you are willing. at a certain point you just gotta jump off (unless you want to just maintain with kratom for a while, which is a viable option for a lot of people honestly), and by waiting until withdrawals start you get a good idea of when you're ready.
>>
Edwin Murdham - Fri, 13 Sep 2019 21:42:23 EST NjmKkIbD No.610345 Reply
>>610316
>it's up to you to decide how quickly you want to taper, whether to drop a little per dose or per day, or even per week if you're really having trouble with it. personally I prefer a slow, mostly painless taper since it's easier for me to stick with it and resist relapse/redosing if I'm not miserable but it sounds like you want to be done with this quick

Well, avoiding discomfort is definitely also a priority (lol). My reason behind wanting to get this over and done during the six days I have off is that it sounds like I'll probably be having to dose on Kratom about once every three hours for the duration of the taper, and that's not really a possibility at my job. My work day is about 8 to 10 hours and it'd look pretty sketch to be consuming some random powder every three hours--not sure I want to risk anyone asking questions.

Or is a long, relatively painless taper still doable even if I'm only dosing once in the morning and once at night? I know the duration of Kratom's effect is longer than H but it's not up to the level of methadone, right?
>>
Kekistan69 - Fri, 13 Sep 2019 22:20:51 EST JEt2x1Cb No.610346 Reply
>>610345
Kratom does not last very long. I'm a daily user (def addicted but I don't really care, it's not really negatively affecting my life and health like real opiates were) and I have to take it every 2-4 hours to maintain a buzz throughout the day. I feel that the effects seem to last shorter when going through any type of strong opioid withdrawal. So if you want to avoid discomfort take 2-4g every 2-3 hours. It really isn't dangerous and there's no risk of overdose so even taking 20+ g a day isn't gonna hurt you. I would recommend taking it every 2-3 hours like I said, there's no reason to suffer through withdrawals when there's a relatively harmless plant that can dampen the wds.
>>
Priscilla Clayford - Sun, 15 Sep 2019 00:10:38 EST cbXJ46oj No.610374 Reply
>>610345
Just take it when you need it and an hour before going to sleep. How long it's effective depends on so many factors (personal biology, length and severity of addiction, ect.) that it only really makes sense to do it based on when your withdrawals start to come back.

For example, the most recent time I switched off to kratom I was able to go ~6 hours comfortably (relatively) between doses, and at a lower dose than most people were suggesting (way lower than the last time I tried kratom, where it was basically ineffective even at 6+ gs). I was initially dosing every 3 hours and wasting tons of kratom, not to mention pointlessly extending my taper and increasing my tolerance. Not that I'm saying it will be the same for you, but you should see for yourself how long you can last and how low of a dose keeps you well because if you just go with what some strangers online say, you can easily end up just treading water so to speak.

As far as dosing at work, buy 1000 capsules off amazon, put on a TV show and spend an hour filling up like a weeks worth. You can just press the capsule into the powder. then you can just go to the bathroom when you need to dose. A single 00 cap fits about .5g when fully filled, making it super easy to dose (although if you have a good scale, you should weigh out your first few capsules to get a more accurate average). and by the time you go back to work you should have a good idea of how long you can wait between redoses and how much you need to take anyways so I don't think it'll be an issue.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.