Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Opiate induced seizures

- Mon, 09 Dec 2019 16:38:58 EST i8JQyrAc No.612486
File: 1575927538909.jpg -(104463B / 102.01KB, 806x679) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Opiate induced seizures
How many of ya'll have had seizures from pharma or street opiates? Do you have epilepsy or some other seizure disorder that the opiates aggravated? Or have you never had a seizure unless on opiates?
I've had eight seizures since i started with opiates. A couple from codeine and tramadol, one from opana, and the rest were from heroin/fentdope. Sometimes it happens before an overdose and sometimes i have the seizure and come back fine.
Trying to learn as much as i can about the subject, and google has been not much help
>>
Dr. Katz !KqgSR25gAQ - Tue, 10 Dec 2019 01:33:40 EST bfr2yuHE No.612492 Reply
>>612486
I've never had a seizure in my life or personally known anyone whose had an opioid-induced seizure. However, opioids like tapentadol hcl and tramadol are more prone than classical opiates to lower seizure threshold especially when used with alcohol (and I can imagine during the end of some rapid taper schedules for benzos).
>>
Drunkjunk - Tue, 10 Dec 2019 02:50:08 EST i8JQyrAc No.612496 Reply
>>612492
They are definitely seizures though. I'm not conscious when it happens like i black out and cant remember it, but from what im told i collapse on the ground and convulse and make weird throaty noises and drool/foam/slober and my muscles contract sporadically all over my body. Ill be soar for weeks afterwards. Ive had a few by myself where i was standing after a shot and next thing i know im waking up on the ground and my dope and rig and anything else in my hands are scattered everywhere and my muscles are all in agonizing pain. I know its not a typical OD cus the longest ive been unconscious for was like 20 mins and i came out of it without narcan
>>
Dr. Katz !KqgSR25gAQ - Tue, 10 Dec 2019 07:01:03 EST bfr2yuHE No.612497 Reply
>>612496
I did not in any manner want to diminish is disregard your experience with seizures and opioids. All I meant to say was I have never heard of, known of anyone, or personally experienced seizures with opioids. I will have to look into this subject a bit more through some academic journals though.

I can report back with findings later this week when finals are over. Let me know.
>>
lol - Tue, 10 Dec 2019 08:35:49 EST oaWRMjn3 No.612500 Reply
>>612486

Never had one thank god, knock on wood. I have heard of it happening before especially with something like tramadol of course but the people I know of that had them were all people who were predisposed to or had some underlying condition that they didn't know about, id consider seeing a neurologist or whatever kind of doc specializes in those sort of things, definitely not something to fuck around with, I'd stay away from shit like tramadol for the foreseeable future and be mindful if on any medications and always check if there's any interactions listed on sites like drugs dot com
>>
Drunkjunk - Tue, 10 Dec 2019 13:15:21 EST i8JQyrAc No.612501 Reply
>>612497
Its all good man, i'm just freakin out cus my last one was jus a couple days ago and it was several hours after using and i tend to get unnecessarily defensive when im anxious. Just scared i have a seizure disorder but i have yet to have one sober. Thank you for all your help, i'll probably end up having to look into a doctor but it could be months till i can afford one
>>
Drunkjunk - Tue, 10 Dec 2019 13:25:46 EST i8JQyrAc No.612502 Reply
>>612500
You're right, i definitely need to see a doc but cant pay for it for a couple months. Is it possible to be predisposed without having an underlying seizure disorder? Sorry for the stupid question, i googled it first and didnt get much
>>
Dr. Katz !KqgSR25gAQ - Tue, 10 Dec 2019 16:31:01 EST bfr2yuHE No.612504 Reply
>>612502
>>612501
All good. Have you been using benzos, any medications or drugs that modulate GABA, gabapetin, pregabalin, or alcohol?
Outside of tramadol and tapentadol lowering seizure threshold, classical opiates aren’t really known to induce seizures. With that said, tramadol and tapentadol certainly can and do induce seizures in otherwise healthy, non-genetically predisposed individuals. The same goes for benzos, booze, etc. Seizures are a common, but serious, symptom of withdrawal from GABAergic drugs.
>>
Oliver Pallyledging - Tue, 10 Dec 2019 22:02:18 EST 8D/Q3KE2 No.612513 Reply
Never from traditional opiates. A few from Tramadol but that’s a little different. Sounds like you are seizure prone OP. Best get checked out.

RIP Juice.
>>
Osterbach - Tue, 10 Dec 2019 23:45:17 EST qh14kDL1 No.612519 Reply
1576039517418.jpg -(10185B / 9.95KB, 250x221) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>612486
Was out at a nice restaurant having lunch with my grandmother when I got a text from a dude that he just reup'd and his previous couple of customers claimed it was some 'fire' like all d-boys will claim. It's been like 3 days since I had anything so I was kinda sick and asked my grandma if shed would lend me the 40 some bucks left after the lunch which she did so I go and score. Like always I take this nail file/cleaner thing I always keep with to scoop a bit out to snort a bit to get me right on the 30 minute ride back to the suburbs where I live. At this point I'm feeling alright, toss the baggy into my gun safe for later and sit down on the couch to watch TV.

The next moment I'm surrounded by EMTS and sheriff deputies shooting me full of Narcan. I manage to stand up, the deputies follow me stumbling around, ears ringing cause of the narcan with them asking where my dope was at, I barely have any idea about what was going on besides I must of OD'd even though i did only like 3 sniffs of the white powder I was sold, I bullshit them about not knowing where the baggy was at, (i did manage to remember throwing inside my gun safe.) and pushing me into a ambulance. My mother and grandparents where there, my mother told my I simply fell face first into the floor and started having a seizure for like 5 or 6 minutes which she recorded on her phone rather than trying to help me in any possible way, She insisted that I watch the video so that I would get off the shit but refused, which I suppose is kinda pussy but whatever. I spend the next 3 days in the hospital cause they believe they found out I had some kind of heart problem that may or may not have been related to the drugs or what it was cut with.

But yeah, I've never had a seizure before in my life until that day and am still curious about whether anyone would know what the shit was or could have been cut with that could cause a seizure.

From then on I stuck with only two dealers that sell the same stuff all day everyday. One with strong-as-fuck), either very lightly cut, blue fentanyl I'm guessing. (shit must be anywhere from 80-95% pure at least cause some days it has me nodding for about 4 or 5 hours, No idea why it's blue and don't care. I haven't had a real nod in 2 years) and one with top quality coke to speedball it with.
>>
Drunkjunk - Wed, 11 Dec 2019 13:09:48 EST i8HQdmap No.612551 Reply
>>612504
I'll occasionally binge on "xanax bars" but never for longer than a week and usually only take six or seven over the course of the week. I know benzo wd's make my dopesick ass look like a pussy lol. Even after just one week of being on "bars" i get crazy bad rebound anxiety, like worse than the bad anxiety i get on meth comedowns

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.