Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

How do I get rid of pain?

- Thu, 13 Feb 2020 02:41:21 EST isftLE8E No.613612
File: 1581579681373.png -(70422B / 68.77KB, 688x750) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. How do I get rid of pain?
It is really psychosomatic? What helps got besides junk? Holy shit I'm so non productive when I'm in pain and I'm so depressed about how I'm just in pain all the time, that's why I got hooked on this stuff. My back is killing me, I just want to lay down all the time and because I'm laying down I can't do a lot of stuff, I just want to kill myself because it's so hard to cope by doing drugs. This turns into a habit it is even more comfortable to nod off or I get stuck doing nothing. I don't want to depend on drugs anymore and I was only able to do things like going out because I was using stuff like kratom or poppy pods. When I'm off of them for even months I'm just so different. I don't have motivation. What can I do? I have been doing this song and dance for over a decade now, I was never in danger of dying or shooting up. I never did this to get high. What is the end of addiction or the use of this stuff look like? I'm so done, I can't help but cry like a bitch about how much this drug has taken from me but also gave me an escape from my pain.
>>
Charlotte Blugglepot - Thu, 13 Feb 2020 10:49:06 EST xLCKwbm0 No.613613 Reply
Theres not a lot of people here so im gonna contriboot what I can.

I've seen people with gay psychosomatic "fibromialgya like" back diseases that got their rx cut out for lack of solid evidence of actual back disease.
This people more often than not ended in a methadone program without doing shit, despite clearly being capable of going to raves or any other stupid shit.

On the other hand we have the dude with hella slipped discs from hauling shit in the army that works out regularly even tho he cant do shit like deadlifts and squats.

Who do you think has a worse back in the current day?
I dont know your back issues so dont take this too srsly
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Graham Doddlefuck - Thu, 13 Feb 2020 11:12:41 EST OiW3sT/A No.613614 Reply
physical pain can be caused by depression, if theres no evidence its being caused by something else
>>
Nell Changerstune - Tue, 18 Feb 2020 17:33:27 EST dWi36yCj No.613681 Reply
>>613612
All pain has a psychological component, some ad drugs like amitryptaline actually stop your perception of pain. There are non opiate options for severe pain, prescription nsaids like toradol (iv only now), lodine (generic only now), others. People have differing reactions to them, for me personally they work much better than any opiates a doctor is likely to trust you with. You can combine nsaids with Tylenol, and larger dosages of ibuprofen and Tylenol are generally ok provided you are otherwise healthy. Transdermal electrical stim can help if it's muscular. Talk to a doctor about all these things, don't downplay it (doctors deal with drug seekers and hypochondriacs and malingerers all the time). Ymmv, a lot of this is dependent on your particular case.

Pain is awful and makes you miserable. Hth.
>>
Dr. Katz !KqgSR25gAQ - Wed, 19 Feb 2020 02:33:58 EST KnL4ajYu No.613691 Reply
>>613612
There is a fair amount of budding research regarding APAP and OTC NSAIDs in place of opioid treatment following surgery. I would strongly advise looking into the field of pain management to get an idea of alternative, cheaper, and less addictive means. With that said, I don't pop an NSAID anymore for severe, chronic pain.

Movement is really helpful. Just sitting or lying down all day is horrible for the body. Psychological counseling, psychotropic medication(s), exercise, chiropractic adjustments, stretching, heat or ice, physical therapy, and pain medications (OTC or Rx) work wonders for many chronic pain conditions. The main problem is most people cannot afford the thousands upon thousands of dollars for all of the above with insurance. Without insurance things can be much harder, but Medicaid is around for a reason.
Keep your head up and try to become a bit more proactive in your overall health. Let us know how you're doing.

Some of what you are experiencing is psychosomatic, yes. Prolonged opioid usage can lead to a lower pain threshold/tolerance. What it sounds like is you are in a cycle involving:
1) Feeling pain
2) Becoming less productive and depressed
3) Using /opi/ to alleviate pain and increase productivity
4) Drug tolerance builds while pain threshold(s) decrease
5) Feeling like shit due to being sober and in pain again
6) Repeat

We all want to avoid emotional, psychological, and physical pain. Finding healthy means of coping can at least aid in your mental health outlook as well as decrease even a minute amount of pain.
>>
Frederick Nallyway - Fri, 21 Feb 2020 06:00:51 EST Oy7pCwkM No.613722 Reply
1582282851532.jpg -(18219B / 17.79KB, 357x336) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>It is really psychosomatic?
I'm a chronic pain patient who drifts here now and again. I'm going to say no and if you have a doctor or a physio etc who is trying to convince you that pain IS then try and find another. I don't care if you're drug seeking or the pain is in your head, that's a busted ass fucking thing. I had a doctor who wasted a year on this shit with me while I was fracturing my bones and dislocating my shoulder and knee over and over and him and my physio were both telling me it's all in my head.

>Holy shit I'm so non productive when I'm in pain and I'm so depressed about how I'm just in pain all the time, that's why I got hooked on this stuff. My back is killing me, I just want to lay down all the time and because I'm laying down I can't do a lot of stuff,
I understand this part well.
It's hard to be productive when doing stuff injures you and you feel worse. Pacing yourself is a huge part, if you're in a country where you can be registered disabled with little issues then you shouldn't have to worry so much. It's taken me years to accept everything I can no longer do. It's a long process but it's like grief. Talk to people if that helps, seek therapy, see an occupational therapist to help you try and find new ways to be productive. I can't do things like prepare food, I have trouble cleaning my house, walking, opening doors. Everything causes me harm and pain but pacing and finding ways to avoid it, while maintaining personal strength is hugely important. I volunteer in my free time when I can for a chronic pain charity. I can't work but that's the least that I can do to try and be productive.

>I can't help but cry like a bitch about how much this drug has taken from me but also gave me an escape from my pain.
I feel for you. I've been lucky to go through opiates without being addicted. Even had a chat with my doctor this morning about it. Some people do get addicted, some don't.

I really can't stress enough that the pain you feel could be real, coming to terms with it and learning to have sensible opiate use to escape the really fucking bad days is how I've gotten through. Stay strong, see if you can get help for the addiction and please see an occupational therapist or anyone who can make your daily life more comfortable. Try SSRI's to get through the depression, it might work. Didn't for me.

Try anything to get in control of you were and who you want to be. Stay strong.
>>
Caroline Brogglemig - Fri, 21 Feb 2020 12:17:01 EST AYlrp4ua No.613723 Reply
>>613612
Phenibut is a legal analog of gabapentin. They both act as a muscle relaxer/anxyolitic and gabapentin is often prescribed to people with nerve damage and fibromyalgia. Phenibut works in the some way as a gaba-b agonist.
>>
Hamilton Pettingwater - Sat, 22 Feb 2020 17:28:50 EST xLCKwbm0 No.613739 Reply
1582410530885.jpg -(191762B / 187.27KB, 1242x1230) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>613723
This with Phenibut and Tianeptine
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Morphiate !!FINz0LE9 - Sat, 22 Feb 2020 21:17:23 EST zaurUfK0 No.613747 Reply
Just thought I would give my own personal experience with nearly this exact issue.

I wrecked my back way back in highschool and ever since its been in pain. At first it would only be a problem when I was standing for long periods of time. Then I got into opiates and decided to try and scam a script out of it. My back wasn't bad enough to need opis but I got them nonetheless. I was on tons of opioids, vicodin, then trams, and methadone, to morphine, then some dilaudid+morphine, then to fent patches, then finally back to methadone. All the while I was using huge amounts of poppy pods every day.

During this time my back got so much worse. So days I would wake up in the morning and my back would be hurting so much I couldnt move. Thats why I kept getting my dosages upped and switched to new meds. It really was getting worse in my head despite the drugs and the crazy amount of alternative treatments I was trying out. Then finally my doctor said she couldn't continue prescribing me Methadone and said I would have to ween off. It took a few months after being cut off before I actually stopped for good.

During my time in withdrawal my back got even worse. It made me want to relapse every single moment of every day. But I pushed through it and like 4 or 5 months clean I actually started to feel better. My back wasn't as bad as in withdrawal or when I was using. I did fall back into chipping again but I've stayed away from more than a few weeks using at a time and my back has never been better. It actually gets worse when I abuse for more than a few days in a row.

You may have come across the condition known as "Opioid-induced hyperalgesia". Its a rare disorder but it can manifest itself in individuals who use lots of opioids painkillers. Basically the opioids themselves start to make your body MORE sensitive to pain instead of helping alleviate it. I'm not saying you or even I had that condition, but its something to think about for sure. All I know is getting clean of the opioids (that I admittedly didn't really need) improved my pain levels.

One thing I will mention is that the other thing that improved my back more than anything else was changing beds. When I was in the middle of my opioid abuse I was sleeping on a crappy futon that I never bothered to fold out. When I switched to a normal memory foam bed it was only a week or so before my back started to improve. So that's something to think about. People have suggested yoga and other stretching to me but I never did any of it lol.

Anyways I hope that helps in some way. I've lived with back pain for over a decade and I know just how debilitating and demoralizing having constant pain and immobility can be. I hope you can find some relief outside of the painkillers.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.