Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

Hydromet vs tussoinex

- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 16:44:24 EST skqV9cir No.613825
File: 1582753464068.jpg -(24757B / 24.18KB, 421x834) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Hydromet vs tussoinex
Title normally get monthly supply of tussoinex but pharmacy was all out what's the difference in these two any dosage differences normally take pussy levels of 15-20 ml of tussoinex. Just trying to chill and wat some movies and get better.
>>
Archie Borringdedge - Wed, 26 Feb 2020 23:26:04 EST N4RiHE14 No.613841 Reply
1582777564517.jpg -(46346B / 45.26KB, 334x417) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>613825
idk but how the fuck do you get a regular tussoinex script
>>
m - Thu, 27 Feb 2020 19:06:59 EST vgHBTjMI No.613867 Reply
>>613825
Hydromet is leagues better than Tussionex, assuming you have the traditional tussionex that is liquid yet still have a weird built in pseudo-XR/ER formula that takes at least 6 or so hours to fully absorb. Hydromet is, AFAIK, always instant release.

The other two major difference is that Tussionex is typically twice as potent per ml, usually 10mg hydrocodone bitartrate per 5ml of liquid (so 2mg/ml) vs. Hydromet's 5mg per 5ml, (1mg/ml), and the fact that each contains a different "anti-abuse" compunded chemical to discourage misuse/abuse. Hydromet contains again 5mg hydro, as well as 1.5mg homatropine methylbromide, per 5ml of syrup. Tussionex contains 10mg hydro and 8mg of chlorpheniramine.

Homatropine is an anticholinergic drug, remotely similar to benadryl but not quite. In high doses it can cause dizziness, drowsiness, fever, severe hallucinations (not the fun kind), confusion, general delirium, slurred speech and clumsiness, and fast HR.

Chlorpheniramine is a first generation antihistamine. Like homatropine, it also causes dry mouth, as they're both anticholinergic drugs. Side effects from high doses include drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, constipation, anxiety, nausea, blurred vision, restlessness, decreased coordination, dry mouth, shallow breathing, hallucinations, irritability, problems with memory or concentration, tinnitus and trouble urinating.

To this day, I haven't found a medical source directly comparing the potency of 1.5mg homatropine to 4mg (or 8mg, though arguably 4mg because it's 4mg cph per 5mg hydro) chlorphenamine, or which one is likely to reach severe negative side effects first. I will say though, having had the privilege to consume roughly ~1.5-1.7 bottles of hydromet and ~0.75-0.8 bottles of tussionex many many years ago, like almost 10 years maybe, that for me, hydromet was a much more enjoyable mix as long as your tolerance is low to moderate, so say like ~30-40mg for sure, maybe 50mg max, and you only dosed once per ~24-48 hours.

Homatropine is less shitty because it does not cross the blood-brain barrier, has a duration of action well under ~60 minutes, a half-life of just ~0.5-1.5 hours, and an oral bioavailability of just 25%. Meanwhile, chlorphenamine has a half-life of 13.9–43.4 HOURS. It's like a shitty hybrid of benadryl, the worst aspects of promethazine, and doxylamine. It's just horrible. And the fact it's semi-ER/XR makes it all that much worse.

Unless your tolerance is either super low or you have access to other opioids you can mix with like ~20, maybe 25-30mg of hydro XR's worth of tussionex, so that it can be consumed in doses of ~20-30mg XR (generally speaking, half as strong but twice as long, which rapes tolerance) or less, this stuff is generally not worth it. Even just ~16-24mg of cph can try you out and make you feel wonky. Whereas with hydromet, you can easily IME consume ~20-40 or maybe 50mg hydro IR, and if you feel shitty from more than ~20mg hydro, you can easily just wait ~30-60min after the first dose and drink ~20-30mg more, repeating this process until you get a solid buzz. Since homatropine has a shorter half-life than atropine, and atropine's duration of action is supposedly just ~30-60min with a ~2hr half-life, that means waiting as little as 30min might be long enough for almost half of the first dose's homatropine to wear off.

Even if you need say 120mg hydro to get high, and can only handle 40mg per hour without feeling delirious and shitty, having to wait 2hr to dose the whole total dose is still going to hit WAY harder than taking say 120mg hydro XR, lol.

Hydromet all the way baby. I never had side effect problems until I tried consuming 60ml at once along with 3 or 4 beers.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.