Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Salvia opinions?

- Mon, 08 Oct 2018 20:34:47 EST WEZri1z+ No.131871
File: 1539045287937.jpg -(235388B / 229.87KB, 1280x771) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Salvia opinions?
Have known about it forever but it was banned in my state around the time I was curious about it, I didn't really read any reports or watch any videos some I'm not sure how I learned about it other than DEL combos that I have never heard of anyone actually doing (like DMT + DPH or Salvia + DPH)

Not interested in DEL anymore but I always heard that salvia doesn't really have a categorical fit I figured I'd post here.

I'm interested in the ethneogenic use and not just getting blasted. Quidding is the way that it seems it was used.

Any advice is appreciated.

Pic unrelated sort of.
>>
Phoebe Porryfield - Fri, 12 Oct 2018 16:53:00 EST izFC3LeB No.131890 Reply
>>131871
DPH and keep hitting it until you dont remember where you are then have a friend shove a No2 balloon in your mouth
>>
Phoebe Porryfield - Fri, 12 Oct 2018 16:54:02 EST izFC3LeB No.131891 Reply
>>131890
DPT i mean if u cant get DMT

5 meo dmt or smoked RCs may gethu the salvia space
>>
Beast - Fri, 12 Oct 2018 18:59:19 EST WEZri1z+ No.131892 Reply
>>131891
ty for responses. I had wanted to try it solo for a bit to get used to its limitations.

I feel like it could be a springboard much like N20 or THC are.
>>
Wesley Sovingfudge - Mon, 15 Oct 2018 19:30:23 EST izFC3LeB No.131904 Reply
>>131890
facts, a friend who wont force you to inhale no2 at the peak of a trip isnt a friend atall
>>
David Drandertack - Wed, 31 Oct 2018 16:40:33 EST rzd2Z+Eh No.131967 Reply
1541018433810.jpg -(199910B / 195.22KB, 689x867) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Here's my experience with salvia:

Salvia is the only drug I've ever taken where I have legitimately freaked out. 25I, DXM + DPH combo, countless "bad trips" on psychs, manic from a PCP analogue. None of them ever made me lose control, leap to my feet and pace around in a delusional, paranoid, fearful state.

Simulataneously the most lovecraftian fucking trip I have ever had. Found nyarlathotep behind my couch cushions though, that was actually kind of cool. Like writhing tentacles and gnashing mouths coming out from behind the couch in my peripheral vision. Drums beating arrhythmically. the couch entity then proceeded to tell me a plan that was not in my best interest, and the general gist was that of a really clever power grab to consolidate control over something really big (bigger than the world). Despite the delirium making it 100% real, it wasn't what made me freak out.

The freakout happened afterwards when I sat up and remembered that I just smoked drugs. I thought that I was supposed to be way more discoordinated than I was. The body high felt very cannabinoid. I thought to the brand of salvia "purple sticky salvia" and my still extremely delirious mind made the conclusion with all of the above that I had just smoked MDMB-CHMINACA or some other similar hell noid sprayed on random plant matter. I became convinced a close friend was behind everything, it was an elaborate prank to get me to smoke a current gen hell noid. This is where I freaked the fuck out.

It really just kind of caught me off guard. I was expecting something similar to DMT. Not in the sense that it felt the same or the hallucinations were the same (though they were of the same complexity and vividity, easily), but that I would feel the body load and I would feel the high instantly. That the comeup would be an exponential increase into a long peak. I certainly wasn't expecting the delirium or d2 paranoia to hit that hard. Instead, it came on subtlely, slowly. The first effect I experienced was delirium, and this hid the rest of the comeup, which was not happening at the rate I thought it would. When the peak was over and nyarlathotep disappeared back into my couch, I was not expecting the body high to be that enjoyable, nor was I expecting the paranoia to manifest like it did.

All in all, I can't wait to do it again. What a fun fucking drug. I'm trying to be careful though, something that has that hard of an impact absolutely has the potential to create a lasting psychotic scar and fuel an emotional meltdown. Something that I just don't have the time to deal with these days, so I'm giving it a rest for a few months. You should absolutely try it. Get the most potent extract you can find (the numbers don't mean anything, only a loose correlation with potency) and smoke it.
>>
Beast - Thu, 01 Nov 2018 22:13:40 EST WEZri1z+ No.131971 Reply
>>131967
Thanks for the post.

I find myself excessively paranoid about synthetics when I didn't grow it myself...can sort of ruin things a bit for me. Even when I thoroughly enjoy it...I just want to make sure that what I am enjoying is what I think it is. It is a nuisance.

Ibogaine and Salvia seem to be the only naturally growing Dis out there (GABA stuff I don't really count)

Definitely curious...nice to add another thing to my garden.
>>
Alice Drannerferk - Sun, 04 Nov 2018 01:46:14 EST 7PvvxpAs No.131974 Reply
>>131967
Wow.
So it's difficult to stay lucid during salvia? Never tried it, but if rational thought goes out the window, that would make it difficult I think.
>>
Phyllis Bivingnadging - Sun, 04 Nov 2018 19:21:51 EST 5O0EiiYo No.131976 Reply
1541377311216.jpg -(422862B / 412.95KB, 1200x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
The way I had it explained to me is that every psych drug inserts itself into the machinery of your brain, putting itself between the connections and rerouting the pathways. Salvia goes straight to the core where your self/soul/ego is, and puts up a 'bathroom maintenance' sign letting the rest of the brain machinery run around free from it's master.

But it's a pretty short high.
>>
Archie Giffingbanks - Tue, 06 Nov 2018 17:14:21 EST DpmE4Phz No.131980 Reply
1541542461935.jpg -(57904B / 56.55KB, 580x350) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>131971
I've never been paranoid about synthetics because every time I bought (except once over the darkweb) I knew the dealer and he was a respectable man. I don't nessecarily have a problem with synthetic noids inherently, and in fact there are quite a few that I have interest in trying (such as JWH-018, HU-210) if I can ever buy just the lab made powder. But as the fruits of the different generations get outlawed, each successive generation gets worse and worse. The current generation is straight up horrifying, makes 25I and the rest of the NBOMes look safe. I'm talking about high risk of a lethal cardiac event, stroke, psychotic break. I wouldn't touch any synth noid past gen 3 even in a lab-pure powdered form. And in most instances, we aren't even talking about that. We're talking unknown amounts impossible to dose sprayed in combination with others on random plantmatter. I wouldn't even consider any synth noid UNLESS it was lab-pure powder that I had run through GC/MS for purity/identification reasons.

Also, I know salvia is commonly cited as a dissociative, but I would say its dissociative properties are the weakest. Its initial hallucinations are nothing like NMDA antagonists, they have far more in common with psychedelics. I would classify it as a deliriant first, especially because deliriants are the least typical of the 3 hallucinogen types, so its oddball set of effects fit just fine in the class that houses both GABA-rho agonists and anticholinergics.

>>131974
Kinda. It's like when you run a really high fever that your worldview and logical process experiences a shift in perspective. If you try really hard you can stay grounded. I was somewhat aware I was experiencing a schizophrenia-tier delusion of persecution, but you can only be reactive to these kinds of events. Proactivity is only viable by not taking the substance. If you're weakminded it would be extremely easy to succumb to the delirium to an extent that will reap nasty consequences (like calling an ambulance because you thought you smoked a substance with high potential for lethality).

This experience was actually very important for me. I've fucked around with really nasty things like 25I and because they never really gave me troubles other than temporary anxiety attacks that I found easy to deal with even in the moment. I've always known the risks that are present with substance use and that this is a pretty dangerous game, but it never really clicked with me emotionally until that experience. Like, "Oh shit, things could have actually gone really fucking bad and fucked up my life for a while... if not just cutting it off right there. I should slow my roll a bit, until my circumstances change and I can minimize the consequences of these risks."

>>131976
Not really. They just bind to those pathways and activate them. The different receptor types do different things in different parts of the brain (this is why we don't use dopamine agonists to treat ADHD) and often this is where the difference in effects of molecules come into play because they have natural gravitations in the CNS where they'll bind to their target receptors. The activation of these receptors is what causes the effects.

Delirium is thought to be caused by an imbalance between dompamine and acetylcholine systems. Kappa opiod receptors (salvia's primary target) have a lot of downstream effects on both of these systems. I know for a fact (though the specifics slip my mind) that it has pretty big initial effects with dopamine, specifically downregulation. I am unsure of the KOR's downstream effects on mACH, but if I'm remembering a paper I read recently, morphine is noted as having a stronger antagonistic affect on muscarinic receptors downstream than derivatives and if you'll allow me the liberty to do so, I hypothesize this is due to it's greater agonist affinity for KOR.

This is comparable to anticholinergics like scopolamine, diphenhydramine, etc. who cause delirium specifically by straight up blocking acetylcholinesterase (enzyme responsible for destroying acetylcholine, which is the neurotransmitter associated with ACH receptors).

Although, related to your analogy, I recall reading a paper somewhere that posited endogenous DMT's mechanism is as a cocktail of neurotransmitters used in the higher functioning parts of the CNS associated with sensory perception. In its normal, natural levels, it's likely a regulator of 5-HT. The actual paper went into details that unfortunately slip my mind, including voltage regulation and even went into such a depth that it posited explanations for why it is very promiscuous with the sigma 1 receptor. It was way over my head as a layman drug user, and I wish I could find it because it was super interesting and seemed very well researched and presented, but I just looked for like 40 minutes and couldn't find it. DMT is the only endogenous psychedelic (at least, commonly considered to be a psychedelic) and it's a very very unique one. Anyone who has taken it can attest that the hallucinatory state it produces is very different from virtually every other psychedelic, despite having pretty standard 5-HT agonism for the class.
>>
Angus Povinghood - Tue, 13 Nov 2018 22:41:35 EST FldAwSt0 No.131993 Reply
1542166895263.jpg -(42004B / 41.02KB, 600x455) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>131967

>> freak out

I must be a mutant Salvia always gave me SLAYER

Weird shit will happen. First trip i was kidnapped by elephants. But after that I always enjoyed it. Maybe the salvia goddess favors me.
>>
Cornelius Blatherdock - Fri, 16 Nov 2018 11:42:50 EST 1w98Sfhn No.131996 Reply
1542386570917.gif -(460407B / 449.62KB, 500x500) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I kind of miss salvia. Pretty much every time I tried it I just laughed my ass off for 10-15 minutes. No profound insights except amusement at the absurdity of it all. I don't think I ever did any concentrates beyond x5 and I always used a regular lighter.
>>
Cyril Duckville - Fri, 16 Nov 2018 16:40:56 EST LiSGUmdm No.131997 Reply
Salvia is fun ive only done it once mixed with weed and N20

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.