Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

buproprion + lamotrigine

- Fri, 28 Jun 2019 23:58:20 EST qIrfrJZG No.132429
File: 1561780700005.jpg -(54695B / 53.41KB, 600x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. buproprion + lamotrigine
Do you think that taking lamotrigine mitigates the seizure risk of buproprion when taken in conjunction with stimulants, alcohol, psychedelics, tramadol, etc.? I'm taking 200mg of lamotrigine along with 150mg XR of buproprion, potentially might move up to 300mg XR.

What do you think the interactions of these two drugs on other drugs would be? As far as I can ascertain, there are very few interactions with lamotrigine. Buproprion has quite a few well-known drug-drug interactions because of its enzyme inhibition and the aforementioned lowering of the seizure threshold, but vastly fewer than SSRIs and MAOIs (which is part of the reason I went with it, plus SSRI side-effects are unlivable for me)

This is honestly an "I would always eat the cat food" moment, nothing I learn here will stop me from doing other drugs, I'm mostly worried about taking something and it doing nothing, but also some potential peace of mind knowing that lamotrigine protects against seizures.
>>
Hugh Pembledale - Sun, 30 Jun 2019 12:36:41 EST 1+lBsPtY No.132438 Reply
>>132429
I've been prescribed 200mg lamotrigine and 150mg bupropion before concurrently and used stims, and alcohol shouldn't increase seizure risk. Stay away from tramadol though that is ill advised, depending on how you're dosing that could give you a seizure. I think psychedelics will be fine. PS I am not a doctor and this is not good medical advice
>>
Phyllis Bubberville - Tue, 02 Jul 2019 01:30:33 EST VHMU1u2t No.132440 Reply
1562045433340.jpg -(30498B / 29.78KB, 500x467) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>132429
I take this combo, works well with stimulants. I wouldn't suggest psychedelics or Tramadol (I took some acid 2 weeks ago and had a straight up panic attack, thought I was having a seizure).
>>
Reuben Duttingdock - Tue, 02 Jul 2019 19:16:51 EST qIrfrJZG No.132441 Reply
>>132438
>alcohol shouldn't increase seizure risk

Habitual use does, as does binge drinking. I don't know exactly why. I think it's because when the alcohol leaves your system there's a kind of rebound effect before levels of certain neurotransmitters return to normal. The brain likes to keep itself in equilibrium so it typically increases production of neurotransmitters to counteract the effects of drugs, and these remain in the brain much longer than the drug itself and affect brain functioning.

>>132440
Maybe the panic attack was more a psychological thing since you knew the potential was there. I'm pretty experienced but I haven't tripped in almost a year now so it'd be interesting to try it again.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.