Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Dr Nutt's "Alcosynth"

- Mon, 05 Aug 2019 10:42:38 EST wD5pWP52 No.132557
File: 1565016158379.jpg -(93847B / 91.65KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Dr Nutt's  "Alcosynth"
Ok i was not sure whether to post this on hooch or other but for a while i have been thinking about how awesome it would be if this "hang over free" alternative to alcohol will actually ever be available to buy,

I feel like Dr David Nutt is trolling us someway but i'm kinda sold to his promising invention. what do you guys think, could he pull this off and become rich as fuck
>>
Cedric Clottingham - Tue, 06 Aug 2019 13:57:21 EST Nw0/vlhI No.132565 Reply
>>132557
Based on a cursory google search. Also, Dr. Nutt is describing a GABAergic drug that is potent at lower doses than alcohol which doesn't cause hangovers. If I didn't know better, I would think he was describing GBH. It sounds potentially legit though, nothing that he claimed seems out of proportion to what other GABAergic drugs can do.
Pros:
>no hangovers
>fewer calories
>possibly less organ damage
>plateau'ing effects leading to greater safety margin
Neutral:
>unclear as to how close the feeling will be to alcohol
>unsure as to whether it can still produce memory lapses
Cons:
>still a GABAergic drug and WILL cause problems during withdrawal
>easier to take too much of unless all doses come pre-measured
>potential interactions with other CNS depressants will make it easy for media to vilify it after some high profile polydrug use deaths
>might get lambasted in media as rape drug, or worse, actually used as one because of high potency relative to mass unless it has a very distinctive taste
>not enough research to demonstrate long-term effects on the body yet

I wish him the best but it looks like this stuff has a pretty steep hill to climb.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.