Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

/po/ fight club

!Hahassu9es - Mon, 25 Nov 2019 23:20:54 EST 0LfZR5TA No.229969
File: 1574742054201.jpg -(17634B / 17.22KB, 225x225) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. /po/ fight club
Mints, hyper training and unlimited vitamins are a fucking godsend aren't they? I just finished up my first competitive team up to simulator spec. You can't handle it, none of you can handle it. If you think you can handle it just try me I'll show you wrong 6v6 singles come at me.
friend code: SW-8071-6280-2157
card code 0000 0002 NH59 JV

If anyone's still around who remembers I'm one of the old #po IRC crew competitive scene guys, let's get some good ole monster rubbing back in action around here. You can catch me lurking the 420chan discord in the pokemon room at @「WAT」#1893 and I'm always game to set up a couple matches on showdown or in game.
If anyone wants to talk metagame, run through theorymon, or needs help setting up a competitive team in game feel free to post too, we used to have a really active competitive scene on the board here, let's get it back up and running?
>>
Socialite Nathaniel - Mon, 25 Nov 2019 23:28:54 EST A68nNtdA No.229970 Reply
>>229969

Thanks for posting this thread. I just started replaying heartgold and have no idea how to manipulate my pokemon's stats.

Do pokemon who do more battles between levels get better stats? Is there a limit to how much battling can boost stats between each level?
>>
Expert Eugene - Tue, 26 Nov 2019 04:49:59 EST qJYLFbUA No.229971 Reply
1574761799637.jpg -(800649B / 781.88KB, 2513x1885) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>229970
I think you can do it in one go.

Just look up EV training, there should be plenty of guides.
>>
watson !Hahassu9es - Tue, 26 Nov 2019 19:56:51 EST 0LfZR5TA No.229972 Reply
>>229970
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Effort_values
tl;dr every time you battle a wild pokemon you get a little bit more EV points, you can have a total of 252 put into each stat and 510 over all, at level 100 every points equals 1 extra stat point

You don't really have to worry about it in a playthrough, just take what you get and know your team is slightly stronger overall. All pokemon used competitively though are assumed to have full EVs to shore up specific stats, usually 2 stats maxed out , but sometimes very specific sets to let them outspeed certain things or live certain hits.
the vitamin items, carbos and protein and all that, raise a specific EV by 10 points, in old gens you could only raise them to 100 like this and had to get the rest by battling specific pokemon for their EV drop, but in sword and shield they removed the limit and you can just cram them full of vitamins.

Your stats are also determined by nature, each nature is +10% to one stat and -10% to another, and IVs, hidden values your pokemon is created with that go from 0 to 31 for each stat
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Individual_values

Again don't worry about it for a playthrough, and again competitively everything is assumed to have perfect 31 IVs, you used to have to breed or hack mons to do this but now with hyper training you can max out any pokemon's IVs once they reach level 100, and use mints to change their nature.
>>
Biker Barnaby - Tue, 26 Nov 2019 20:39:24 EST fLvlmvOg No.229973 Reply
>>229972

Thanks for the resources watson. I ride the bus a lot so EV training is just the perfect distraction for me.

Why do we EV train in-game? It seems like at this point we would have some kind of tool that let people allocate stat points to their pokemon manually. I can't see how such would hurt the metagame if the tool was subject to the same limitations as in-game training. What are your thoughts on this?
>>
Cue Ball Graham - Fri, 31 Jan 2020 17:58:14 EST MWXUEbYp No.230004 Reply
>monster rubbing back
I could really use a monster back rub
>>
Battle Girl Fanny - Sat, 28 Mar 2020 18:01:33 EST 3ifyNt/P No.230016 Reply
>>229975
They added a couple of ways in gen 7. I don't know about 8. On 7 you can just leave your monsters training and they get 4 evs per half hour. Or 15 minutes if you use beans on the pelago. I don't know about 8 but every generation they've made high end battling less of a time sink and RNG grind and more something you control.

They have made breeding easier too though it still gets easier as you go. The more 5 or 6 iv pokemon you have the easier it gets to make more.

I'm really out of it, the last thing I did was dreamed up a team for doubles SM then never got round to testing it. However I'm pretty sure a lot of people had the same idea and it was meta as fuck.

Tapu koko and pelipper, though I think most people didn't go for such an offensive pelliper. That rain Z move hydro pump is as lethal as the electric surge rain light orb thunders. Heatran and Terrakion in reserve because they always solve problems. If I'm playing a player there's a celesteela (would have used ferrothorn in previous gens, maybe I'd have gone back to it) and I never settled on a 6th monster, maybe Tapu Lele with choice specs. I figured her psyshock is about as terrifying as my gen 6 hydreigon's rotom crushing meteor but probably a better single player choice than doubles one.

Currently playing battle tree super doubles and it's going alright. Anything those leaders can't handle tends to REALLY dislike heatwave, rockslide and usually close combat as well. That said I might be about to get haxxed to death by a double team absol...

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.