420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich


Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
Russian Hacking Hearings by Angus Cluttingchadge - Thu, 05 Jan 2017 12:16:58 EST ID:uZlKTkaa No.384093 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1483636618483.png -(512492B / 500.48KB, 600x413) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 512492
Basically from what I can tell Clowngress is going to try to use the alleged Russian Hacking of the election to spy on social media and expand surveilence of American citizens. What do Russian hackers have to do with the online activities of American citizens? Im basing my post of the comments of Sen. Shaheen.

When are going to stop electing clowns that want to tax us to death, collect every bit of information about us, and send our soldiers to fight in wars that we have no intention on winning that only make the world more dangerous. All while failing to provide for the "general welfare of the United States" and upholding the constitution of the United States?

I understand Russia is a threat to the United States. But so is Islamic Jihad and the US needs to focus on that threat which Russia is doing on their own. Of course they have their own agenda but its working towards the security of the free world.

t.watching the hearings now
>>
Esther Nickledock - Thu, 05 Jan 2017 13:53:01 EST ID:8Jh2i/ky No.384099 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>When are going to stop electing clowns that want to tax us to death, collect every bit of information about us, and send our soldiers to fight in wars that we have no intention on winning that only make the world more dangerous. All while failing to provide for the "general welfare of the United States" and upholding the constitution of the United States?

When you quit blaming SWJs, realize it's money in politics that's the main corrupting factor and help doing something about it.
>>
Betsy Bicklewill - Thu, 05 Jan 2017 18:10:18 EST ID:YfdbxjZA No.384105 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Republicans are in charge now. Be prepared for failure on a colossal scale.

And lol that Russia "is working towards the security of the free world..." a country that invades its neighbors, murders journalists, slaughters civilians and has a pissant dictator bully troublemaker in charge.

If you're an American than Russia is a bigger threat to you than Islamic Jihad you maroon. They just interfered in a US election, cast doubt on US intelligence and democracy and the next President is right there reinforcing the same doubt.

More gun owning Americans will kill American's than ISIS will. Though with Republicans back in charge I suppose we could see them fail like they did on 9/11.
>>
Walter Mottingchit - Thu, 05 Jan 2017 18:51:11 EST ID:reMs3Ms1 No.384106 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384105
>a country that invades its neighbors, murders journalists, slaughters civilians and has a pissant dictator bully troublemaker in charge.
Sounds a lot like the US.

>If you're an American than Russia is a bigger threat to you than Islamic Jihad you maroon.
In 2012, Obama correctly laughed at Romney for making a similar assertion. Russia is a dying power. It is an existential threat thanks to its nuclear arsenal, but we've come to accept this madness for a while now.

>They just interfered in a US election,
According to secret evidence we can't see. You're taking the US government at its word. That's not a smart position to be in.

>US Intelligence
This has been an oxymoron for decades. I'm sure you've heard of some of our previous blunders, so I won't bother listing them.

>More gun owning Americans will kill American's than ISIS will.
>>
Sophie Hiffingdedging - Thu, 05 Jan 2017 20:52:37 EST ID:3LkUNfDk No.384114 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384106

>Putin is perma-leader of Russia after altering its laws
>We just switched parties in control of the government, election was razor thin, no President has been able to change the laws about term limits
>EXACT SAME

>US bombs third world countries and kills civilians, but reduces losses through smart bombs
>Russia kills its own citizens in places like Chechnya and drops barrel bombs in Syria
>EXACT SAME

>Media in the US ripped an asshole out of both Trump and Hillary, and the President has a constant stream of shit aimed directly at their head from all sides
>Putin has murdered dozens of journalists and has moved to absorb independent media outlets into the state media
>EXACT SAME
>>
Doris Fuvingkore - Thu, 05 Jan 2017 22:30:54 EST ID:reMs3Ms1 No.384120 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384114
>>EXACT SAME
Not exact same. Similar.

>We just switched parties in control of the government,
A two party system only has one more party than a one party system. And it's well-documented how the parties collude to protect the establishment. No, I don't think Trump and his new system of patronage will help. It's probably a step in the wrong direction.

>US bombs third world countries and kills civilians, but reduces losses through smart bombs
"Smart bombs" is a propaganda term you should feel silly about using. Keep in mind the US still sells cluster bombs, and used chemical weapons in Iraq (particularly white phosphorous).

>Putin has murdered dozens of journalists and has moved to absorb independent media outlets into the state media
As I said, it's just similar. Not the exact same. If you want to understand the US system for controlling journalists, read anything Chomsky writes about the media.
>>
Beatrice Bunstone - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 00:49:40 EST ID:YfdbxjZA No.384126 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384106
>Sounds a lot like the US.

What neighbor did the US invade, or even threaten?
What journalist did Obama order killed?
Show me US dropping barrel bombs on hospitals and starving civilians in Syria.

Aka fuck off. There's a reason America has many, many allies and Russia has almost none outside the top of the oppressive regime scale. Because Russia is a shit hole nation, with nothing to offer its allies and can't be trusted.
>>
Beatrice Bunstone - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 00:53:20 EST ID:YfdbxjZA No.384128 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384120

Go back to reading The Intercept and acting like there's a moral equivalence between Russia and the US.

Greenwald's whole career is casting doubt on the US intelligence service no matter what. He's now in the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" grudge mode and is practically a shill.
>>
Eliza Grimshaw - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 00:53:33 EST ID:sUBj56yv No.384129 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384126
Well, it has invaded Canada, is is currently threatening Mexico with walls and economic sanctions.
>>
Wesley Grandspear - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 06:28:44 EST ID:6tYnT5h8 No.384138 Report Quick Reply
>>384126

The Mexican-American wars, a war with Canada, the genocide of native American tribes, attempted coup of Cuba under Castro...The US has pretty much tried to fight all of their neighbors at one point or another. Hell, they even fought with themselves at one point. The whole country has a hardon for war and conquest and it reflects in their culture and their speech.

"WAR" against drugs, cancer, poverty, etc. "Hit" the buttons, rather than "press" and so on. It may seem trivial but it reflects a subconsciously and inherently violent culture.
>>
Fuck Blesslewater - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 06:47:00 EST ID:IaepfqX2 No.384140 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384126

>There's a reason America has many, many allies and Russia has almost none outside the top of the oppressive regime scale.

There are several reasons for that, yeah, but you're naive if you think it's because other countries 'like' the US as if international relations is about friendship and good feels between nations. It's a game of power, and the US has been the most powerful nation for some time now. If that changes, then so will the entire structure of international relations, and that is indeed what we're beginning to see happen today.
>>
Cyril Crobberchet - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 09:55:48 EST ID:d2K5URtx No.384143 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384138
>talking about current events
>brings up shit from the EIGHTEEN FUCKING HUNDREDS
are you autistic or just regular stupid?
>>
Doris Fuvingkore - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 11:35:16 EST ID:reMs3Ms1 No.384144 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384126
>What neighbor did the US invade, or even threaten?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=monroe+doctrine

>What journalist did Obama order killed?
As I said, we have different, more effective methods of control.

>Show me US dropping barrel bombs on hospitals and starving civilians in Syria.
Yemen has got pretty gnarly. There's a famine there, thanks to our great ally Saudi Arabia. They target civilians with bombs. But it's done with US bombs, so it's all gravy.

>>384128
>Greenwald is practically a shill
You're a simpleton. Criticizing propaganda about Russia doesn't make one a Russian apologist.

>>384143
>brings up shit from the EIGHTEEN FUCKING HUNDREDS
The Monroe doctrine is alive and well, thank you very much.
>>
lumpen !rGOAfuB3jA - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 14:06:41 EST ID:g+mgi8Xn No.384145 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384093
>But its working towards the security of the free world
Oh shut the fuck up, what Putin is doing in Syria is no different than what GW did in Iraq and Obama did in Libya.
>>
Molly Chisslewick - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 14:30:58 EST ID:MqC/+Wc8 No.384146 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384145
You seem to be conveniently forgetting the fact that Russia was -invited- by the Syrian government to deal with the "moderate rebel" groups (Al Nusra/Al Qaeda, Ahrar al-Sham, Nour al-Din al-Zenki, etc -- all head chopping jihadists) that the US, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Israel, etc. have been openly arming, training and funding for years. Keyword invited. Not invaded.
>>
Rebecca Crubbledadge - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 15:55:36 EST ID:1qezcbq/ No.384149 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384146
So a dictator invited another dictator to kill his citizens.

Sounds legit...
>>
Eliza Grimshaw - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 15:59:57 EST ID:sUBj56yv No.384150 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384149
That sounds that far-feteched to you?
>>
lumpen !rGOAfuB3jA - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 18:03:50 EST ID:hRKKeuhM No.384159 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384146
You're a fucking moron. The moderate opposition is like FSA. I don't think anyone other than Saudi Arabia considers groups like the Army of Conquest (which Al Nursa heads) to be moderates.

You can say some of the opposition are militant Salafis but classifying every opposition group as such is dishonest and an outright lie.
>>
Rebecca Crubbledadge - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 18:33:55 EST ID:1qezcbq/ No.384161 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384150
>That sounds that far-feteched to you?

Oh, no...didn't mean that! Sorry, should have elaborated.

I meant it in the, "These Are Not LEGITIMATE Actions To Take," sense. What they are doing is heinous and shows how fucked up they both are. Assad for outsourcing the slaughter of his own civilians, (Russian troops are known for not giving a fuck about civilians, and Putin for being all, "Let's go kill us some mooselimbniks!"
>>
Charlotte Nickleshit - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 20:24:54 EST ID:MBZ+rwoO No.384164 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1483752294151.gif -(1471517B / 1.40MB, 400x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
OP got fooled by the best executed and most significant psyop in Russian intelligence history.

"Hacking the election" is a buzzword they likely came up with. Why? Because they didn't hack the election, and if people claim that they do, it makes them look stupid and discredits the their claims. Russia influenced OPINION, not voting machines. But the election is a sideshow.

The purpose of alleged election hacking is to make the issue political and polarize audiences and politicians. Now it's not a matter of "This happened, let's investigate". Now, if you want to investigate, it means you want to HELP HILLARY CLINTON!

And if you want to investigate Russian malware in machines that help manage infrastructure, it means you want to HELP HILLARY CLINTON. So now at least half of the country will vehemently deny any and all allegations of Russian cyber penetrations because they view the allegations as intrinsically connected to the false "Election hacking" allegations.

As a consequence of voters being so opposed to acknowledging Russian cyber penetrations, elected representatives will oppose investigations because it will get them votes.

Russias intelligence community has fooled Americans into covering up it's attacks against America, and all it took was to connect acceptance of hacking with support for Clinton.
>>
Hamilton Bunfoot - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 22:46:36 EST ID:SGUYj1a/ No.384172 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384164
>it will get them votes.
Republican voters will be pissed again about Russian hacks in 2 years, trust me. Unless Trump goes full on alliance with Russia that is.
>>
Rebecca Nommleman - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 22:46:46 EST ID:i1eo8CqX No.384173 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384126
>Show me US dropping barrel bombs on hospitals
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunduz_hospital_airstrike
>>
Cedric Duckford - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 23:17:27 EST ID:1qezcbq/ No.384174 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384173
Take THAT Doctors Without Borders!
USA! USA! USA!
>>
Albert Senningbanks - Fri, 06 Jan 2017 23:46:22 EST ID:reMs3Ms1 No.384175 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384174
https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2016/09/yemen-evidence-indicates-us-made-bomb-was-used-in-attack-on-msf-hospital/
[chanting intensifies]
>>
David Gupperford - Sat, 07 Jan 2017 00:28:00 EST ID:t4Ezfw0J No.384178 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384175
>US bomb used in attack on MSF hospital

You sure it's not just Cipher trying to finish the phantom?
>>
Lydia Secklegold - Sat, 07 Jan 2017 11:55:59 EST ID:YfdbxjZA No.384193 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384173

>US hits hospital by accident, admits fault, launches investigation and reperations.

In Putin cocksuck world that's the Same as Russia specifically targeting hospitals and aid columns in a common tactic to "starve them out."

Much of Russia's scorched earth, kill 'me all tactics is because it a shoddy army with poorly trained soldiers and old/bad technology. But a lot is because they have little regard for civilian lives. They'll even slaughter their own citizens.
>>
Shitting Clullybury - Sat, 07 Jan 2017 12:05:54 EST ID:DtS18BPG No.384195 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384093
> understand Russia is a threat to the United States. But so is Islamic Jihad
The real threat lies within the nation. Amongst the politicians, corporations, culture/race division.
When was the last time a Jihad or a Russian killed an American right here on our soil? Not very often. When was the last time a police officer did so?
>>
Albert Senningbanks - Sat, 07 Jan 2017 12:16:00 EST ID:reMs3Ms1 No.384196 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384193
>hits hospital by accident,
Oh, that makes it OK.
> admits fault,
This is rare
> launches investigation and reperations
Again rare. Keep in mind it took almost a decade of drone strikes before they'd admit civilians were killed. And it's well-reported that US drone strikes target first responders: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-24557333 https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2014/10/06/ethical-and-methodological-issues-in-assessing-drones-civilian-impacts-in-pakistan/?utm_term=.e64aec4cb18e
> These reports also attribute psychological harm to the residents’ changed behavior patterns, which include no longer holding tribal jirgas (assemblies of elders), appearing in groups, or even going into sites of drone attacks fearing that “first responders” will be killed in a “double tap.”


Also, lets keep in mind what wikileaks' first big release was: It was a video of US troops killing two Reuters journalists (google 'collateral murder'). Reuters couldn't get the video, but Chelsea Manning gave the files to Assange. She's now rotting away in prison for what's pretty clearly whistle blowing. http://www.amnestyusa.org/news/press-releases/chelsea-manning-punishment-for-suicide-attempt-is-cruel-and-inhumane

>Much of Russia's scorched earth, kill 'me all tactics is because it a shoddy army with poorly trained soldiers and old/bad technology. But a lot is because they have little regard for civilian lives. They'll even slaughter their own citizens.
Truth.
>>
Lydia Secklegold - Sat, 07 Jan 2017 12:51:29 EST ID:YfdbxjZA No.384201 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384196

Is there a difference to you between Russia intentionally targeting hospitals and aid columns, and the US un-intentionally doing so?

Because you seem to be struggling.
>>
Cedric Brarryhood - Sat, 07 Jan 2017 16:36:48 EST ID:MqC/+Wc8 No.384217 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384159
Have you been living under a rock? The FSA has been hijacked by extremists for years. In 2013 nearly half it's fighters were jihadists. This is common knowledge at this point.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Pg.-291-Pgs.-287-293-JW-v-DOD-and-State-14-812-DOD-Release-2015-04-10-final-version11.pdf
>Declassified DIA report, pg. 3: "...The Salafist, Muslim Brotherhood, Al Qaeda in Iraq (now ISIS) are the major forces driving the insurgency in Syria. The West, Gulf countries and Turkey support the opposition; while Russia, China, and Iran support the regime"
https://foreignpolicy.com/2013/03/13/how-the-muslim-brotherhood-hijacked-syrias-revolution/
http://www.businessinsider.com/r-al-qaeda-hijacks-spirit-of-syria-revolt-three-years-on-2014-11
http://www.lrb.co.uk/v36/n08/seymour-m-hersh/the-red-line-and-the-rat-line
>Seymour Hersh exposes the "Rat Line", clandestine CIA/Turkish arms smuggling route from Libya through Turkey and across the Syrian border to arm the "rebels"
http://www.clarionproject.org/analysis/us-paved-way-jihadist-hijacking-syrian-conflict
http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/2016/03/04/please-dont-attack-al-qaeda/
http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/03/21/how-syrias-secular-uprising-was-hijacked-by-jihadists/
http://www.spectator.co.uk/2013/05/a-corrupted-revolution/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/10311007/Syria-nearly-half-rebel-fighters-are-jihadists-or-hardline-Islamists-says-IHS-Janes-report.html
http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/09/obamas-failure-in-syria-allows-terror-groups-to-hijack-the-opposition/
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/22/did-a-u-s-trained-syrian-rebel-commander-defect-to-al-qaeda.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgnTskvdYi0 (Ron Paul interviewing Vanessa Beeley, British independent journalist reporting from Syria)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjHniRRgOao (Eva Bartlett, Canadian independent journalist speaking at UN over Syria lies)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkfW1CWXevQ (FSA commander defects to ISIS)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYnV4L-6FNY (FSA general: "my relation with the brothers in ISIL is good")
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nODxF4jOjCs (FSA general wishes for Sharia law; threatens west to provide more arms and ammunition)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI1myg9bowE (State Dept going full damage control over child beheading by Nour al-Din al-Zenki, "moderate" rebel group that receives funding, also member of FSA)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6yTteePJMU (State Dept considering giving a "pause" in funding of group that beheaded child)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nav8dTKo6Ck (State Dept one month later still avoiding questions of al-Zenki receiving funding)

Whatever moderates that once existed in the FSA have either deserted, defected, or have been killed/executed. Not to say there aren't any moderates fighting in Syria, the SDF and YPG being good examples, but your claim of "some" of the current FSA being Salafi/Wahhabi is an understatement at best. It overwhelmingly is so.
>>
lumpen !rGOAfuB3jA - Sat, 07 Jan 2017 17:19:33 EST ID:SAvXbSJ0 No.384220 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384217
>The FSA has been hijacked by extremists for years. In 2013 nearly half it's fighters were jihadists
You are wildly conflating FSA with the whole of the Syrian Opposition. Yes the Syrian Opposition is about 50% Jihadists. But Jihadists fight under groups like Army of Conquest, not FSA. FSA and AoC collaborate but they are not the same.

>Blah blah blah long list of shit links
  1. Provide stats not anecdotes
  2. Everybody knows AKP has been arming Al-Nursa and IS for years, what does that have to do with this?
>but your claim of "some" of the current FSA being Salafi/Wahhabi is an understatement at best
Not an understatement at all. Please quit spreading misinformation.
>>
Cedric Brarryhood - Sat, 07 Jan 2017 18:18:42 EST ID:MqC/+Wc8 No.384222 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384220
>blah blah blah long list of shit links
There goes any credibility you thought you once had. If you had taken the slight effort to look at even a few of the links you would realize your entire post was completely unnecessary.
>>
Angus Sablingdock - Sat, 07 Jan 2017 19:05:53 EST ID:3RUZOfcK No.384224 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384222

Expecting someone to spend hours looking through 19 individual links to reply to a few sentences you made isn't reasonable, especially when we have no idea if you read it yourself or not. Use a few, carefully picked sources that best illustrate your point, or we're going to disregard them. Ain't nobody got time for that shit.
>>
lumpen !rGOAfuB3jA - Sat, 07 Jan 2017 19:39:09 EST ID:g+mgi8Xn No.384226 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384222
You have no credibility to start with. You provided anecdotes, not hard statistics of these jihadists you claim fight for FSA rather than other groups like Army of Conquest.
>>
Thomas Dandergold - Sat, 07 Jan 2017 21:34:28 EST ID:MqC/+Wc8 No.384231 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384226
I've provided sources, you've provided nothing. You don't seem to comprehend the fact that the FSA coordinating and operating on the ground with Army of Conquest, a known coalition of terrorist factions (Al Nusra, Ahrar Al Sham, etc) is more than enough to earn them terrorist designation as well. Not to mention they both want to install Sharia law.

Here's an infamous video from 2013 of an FSA brigade commander eating the heart of a dead Syrian soldier on the battlefield:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxb8OFbwMQQ

Fucked up? No doubt. The FSA continually commits war crimes just like any other terrorist organization in Syria. Executing captured soldiers and random civilians, beheadings, suicide bombers, VBIEDs, indiscriminately firing homemade "Hell Cannons", etc. You need to understand that the FSA isn't the immaculate group of freedom fighters that you've apparently been led to believe.
>>
Phyllis Hoddlewill - Sat, 07 Jan 2017 22:10:58 EST ID:MBZ+rwoO No.384232 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384201

Same as killing a person, doing it deliberately is worse than doing it by mistake.

There's a difference between "Fuck we accidentally bombed a hospital again" and "Good work bombing those hospitals as per policy".
>>
Cedric Blackway - Sun, 08 Jan 2017 05:50:35 EST ID:9k6SLa8o No.384251 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384232
>thinking the US only bombs hospitals by accident

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/12/09/us-military-admits-we-deliberately-bombed-hospital-iraq

https://theintercept.com/2015/10/05/the-radically-changing-story-of-the-u-s-airstrike-on-afghan-hospital-from-mistake-to-justification/

Anyone who looks at Russia and America and honestly believes that one is less bad than the other is misinformed.

Also, to stick with your murder analogy; if someone just happens to keep "accidentally" killing people over and over, I don't think it makes sense to keep giving them the benefit of the doubt.

https://theintercept.com/2015/10/07/a-short-history-of-u-s-bombing-of-civilian-facilities/
>>
Phyllis Hoddlewill - Sun, 08 Jan 2017 15:12:55 EST ID:MBZ+rwoO No.384260 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384251

Glenn Greenwald basically exists to try to make the u.s. look bad no matter what, and the other instance is an ISIL hospital near front lines that was treating fighters exclusively because everyone else had run away or died.
>>
Phyllis Shakeforth - Sun, 08 Jan 2017 15:16:27 EST ID:T43ZgZvA No.384261 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384260
Yet he held such promise in the beginning. Much like Assange really...
>>
Phyllis Hoddlewill - Sun, 08 Jan 2017 18:10:49 EST ID:MBZ+rwoO No.384278 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384261

The current administration fucked with them each in pretty personal ways. I think once they went after Greenwalds lover and detained him in an airport or some shit for basically no reason. And they obviously fabricated rape charges against Assange to fuck with him. No surprise they'd turn and behave this way now.

Thing is, the government fucked with Snowden too, but he's not out there trying to get revenge by helping the Russians because having come from the Intelligence community, he understands why you shouldn't fucking do that.
>>
Martha Cablingstutch - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 01:49:17 EST ID:YfdbxjZA No.384295 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384251

>Anyone who looks at Russia and America and honestly believes that one is less bad than the other is misinformed.

That's absurd and a memeber of any but the worst most criminal governments would laugh in your face.

I get you've gone full-retard on the Greenwald train, but there's a reason Russia has like 5 allies (all scumbag countries) and an atrocious human rights record. The only person "mis-informed" here is you.
>>
Ian Fanshit - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 05:29:23 EST ID:9k6SLa8o No.384298 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384295
>that's stupid and if you don't think it's stupid then you're stupid

Wow, you sure dazzled me with your insightful rhetoric.
>>
Hamilton Crollerbot - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 08:10:36 EST ID:IaepfqX2 No.384299 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384295

>but there's a reason Russia has like 5 allies

What reason might that be? That Russia is mean? Do you actually believe that this is how international relations work?
>>
George Blinnersadge - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 08:59:56 EST ID:Q6VWqONw No.384303 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384260
>and the other instance is an ISIL hospital near front lines that was treating fighters exclusively because everyone else had run away or died.

So you concede the point that the US does, indeed, bomb hospitals intentionally.
>>
Martha Cablingstutch - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 09:35:45 EST ID:YfdbxjZA No.384307 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384299
That they're shit allies and can't be trusted. Don't be a fucking dumbass like your friend above you. Seriously when do you guys graduate?
>>
Graham Honeyshit - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 09:38:18 EST ID:d2K5URtx No.384308 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384303
yes. a random person on the Internet is able to confirm US military strategy.
>>
Hamilton Crollerbot - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 09:53:50 EST ID:IaepfqX2 No.384309 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384307

>When do you guys graduate

Says the one with the overly simplistic understanding of international relations.

>That they're shit allies and can't be trusted

The US has been caught spying on both European diplomatic officials and populace, and American financial and foreign policy has been causing headaches for Europe for almost a decade now. Still, Europe remains allied to the US. Not because they think the US is a good friend and a trustworthy ally, but because the US is the strongest geopolitical force on the planet. When the US is no longer the strongest in the game, the alliances you seem to take for granted are going to shift.
>>
Sidney Suvingnit - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 10:08:36 EST ID:reMs3Ms1 No.384311 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384295
>there's a reason Russia has like 5 allies (all scumbag countries) and an atrocious human rights record.
... Yeah. Probably because they had an economic/political collapse a couple decades ago.


Whatever. Just wait. In a few months, when Trump is in power you'll remember how shit our country's foreign policy is. Even without getting involved in ground wars in eastern europe and the levant, we'll find other ways to be terrible.
>>
George Blinnersadge - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 11:52:36 EST ID:Q6VWqONw No.384315 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384308
You say this in the context of a thread in which "random persons on the internet" contend that they know the secret long-term machinations of Putin, the FSB, the Russian military, the US Congress, the FSA and Glenn Greenwald.

Either you are intentionally being very selective in your condemnation of "random persons on the internet" making sweeping conclusions as to the motivations of international actors, or you're a bit of a moron.
>>
Graham Honeyshit - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 12:35:09 EST ID:d2K5URtx No.384316 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384315
nah, >>384303 was just arguing like a four year old. i like to take the piss out of people who can't follow along logically with intelligent discussions.
>>
Graham Honeyshit - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 12:37:30 EST ID:d2K5URtx No.384317 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384315
oh, wait, that was you! lol. cut the passive aggressive bullshit. it doesn't make for convincing arguments & makes you sound like an idiot.
>>
George Blinnersadge - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 13:06:33 EST ID:Q6VWqONw No.384318 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384316
Since you've chosen to focus your time on confusing yourself with your own insults, presumably this means that you, too, have nothing to contradict the assertion that the US does, indeed, intentionally target hospitals.

Because if you did, surely you would have presented that counterargument rather than run yourself into a circle with non-srquitors, right?
>>
Graham Blinnersadge - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 14:18:37 EST ID:8gpbKQ5J No.384319 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384318
I like to think I know who's who in the whos of whos arguing, but you Honeyshits are all the same.
>>
George Honeyshit - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 14:25:35 EST ID:8gpbKQ5J No.384320 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384319
Does the US bomb hospitals? Y/N? Why is this relevant to a larger discussion that I assume is going on to be honest though I don't know I only read the last six posts to troll you you know the talk has devolved to that point anyway so I figure hey why not ayy lmao but no seriously just go back to discussing hospitals being bombed, establish some commonground knowledge (bomb/no bomb), and go where you were hoping to go before the entanglements of human frivolousness took over. Oh, and also, I am signalling my own superiority by passing judgment on your argument lol as if I never argue what a douche you Blinnersadges are no better than Honeyshits
>>
Frederick Sorringbit - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 20:04:46 EST ID:YfdbxjZA No.384330 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384309

You're actually saying that the vast majority of the world would prefer Russia as an ally over the USA? Please explain why that is not the case, despite your silly belief they're "the same."

My guess is your view of international relationships is nuanced to the point of being such a jumble in your university choked head. Does even your god Greenwald believe Russia and the USA are ethically and morally the same? Do you actually fucking believe that?
>>
Frederick Sorringbit - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 20:06:39 EST ID:YfdbxjZA No.384331 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384311

Remind me again. What country are you from?
>>
Frederick Sorringbit - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 20:08:08 EST ID:YfdbxjZA No.384332 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384317

This is why it's obvious he's a university student. He's a steaming pile of cunt.
>>
Lydia Duckhood - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 20:35:11 EST ID:reMs3Ms1 No.384333 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384331
US-of-A

> Does even your god Greenwald believe Russia and the USA are ethically and morally the same?
Why must you hear that America is superioir? DO you want a USA chant? THe Iraq war, our global drone war, our global kidnapping/torturing program, and other such misadventures have severely damaged our reputation worldwide. And that's just in the last decade and a half.

If it makes you feel better, I'll admit that we're better than Russia - a country that that doesn't even deserve to be called a banana republic.
>>
Phineas Poblingsadge - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 21:11:03 EST ID:IaepfqX2 No.384335 Ignore Report Quick Reply
1484014263567.jpg -(93291B / 91.10KB, 700x700) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>384330

>You're actually saying that the vast majority of the world would prefer Russia as an ally over the USA?

Lol no. If that were the case, then the vast majority of the would be allied to Russia. Do I think that they would prefer that if Russia had a fleet and economy the size of the US while the US didn't? Yeah, much more likely.

What I'm actually saying is that alliances aren't the same as friendships. The same rules don't apply. Countries ally themselves to others if they stand to gain from it in some way. International relations are selfish self-serving entities (countries) banding together or engaging in conflict with each other out of self-interest. Charles de Gaulle summed it up pretty well in pic related.

>My guess is your view of international relationships is nuanced to the point of being such a jumble in your university choked head.

My guess is if that you actually studied international relations, you'd already know what I was talking about. This isn't controversial.

>Does even your god Greenwald believe Russia and the USA are ethically and morally the same?
>your god Greenwald

I've never even read any Greenwald as far as I know.

>Do you actually fucking believe that?

Yes and no. I think you want morality to apply to international relations (most people want that), but I think you need to face the fact that in most cases, it doesn't.
The US has committed horrible war crimes in the past, yet their allies didn't abandon them because of it. Saudi Arabia is one of the most regressive regimes on the planet, yet receives plenty of military and diplomatic aid from the US. Similarly, you'd probably never agree that the USSR was a moral power, yet they did have a lot of allies, a lot of which weren't satellite states. Moreover, many of US' allies today can almost be said to be satellite states by way of military or/and economic dependency on the US.

In a world where morality dictated international relations, little of the above would make any sense. In a world where self-interest dictate international relations and where morality is mostly empty rhetoric, all of the above makes perfect sense.
>>
Basil Geffingway - Mon, 09 Jan 2017 22:53:53 EST ID:csTO3u8E No.384340 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Nearly half of the IP addresses that the U.S. government has said are associated with Russian hacking efforts are accessible by any individual.

The Intercept’s Micah Lee reports that 367 IPs of the 876 IPs, 42 percent, are Tor exit nodes. Tor Browser is a software accessible to any individual for download that in part hides your identity by connecting the user through different Tor nodes. So while alleged Russian hackers might have been using Tor for their efforts, almost half of the identified IPs associated with Russian hacking could be just a normal internet user.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/04/anyone-can-use-nearly-half-the-ip-addresses-the-u-s-identifies-as-russian-hackers/?utm_campaign=atdailycaller&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social
https://theintercept.com/2017/01/04/the-u-s-government-thinks-thousands-of-russian-hackers-are-reading-my-blog-they-arent/
>>
Jack Smallstock - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 05:27:38 EST ID:QS8evc2c No.384430 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384333
>If it makes you feel better, I'll admit that we're better than Russia - a country that that doesn't even deserve to be called a banana republic.

Doesn't that contradict your whole argument? Devil's Advocate is true University balderdash.
>>
Isabella Pammlemeck - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 05:57:41 EST ID:t4Ezfw0J No.384432 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384126
well there was that time when the US accidentally bombed syrian positions for over an hour. and not 10 minutes after the "oh shit my bad" call. ISIS attacked the same position.

there is also the fact that obama created isis. And Obama has been constantly trying to crash this plane with no survivors into russian ever since the election. Don't forget it was Hillary and Obama that were constantly saying there is no such thing as hacking the election and to spread such rumors UNDERMINES OUR DEMOCRACY.

But here we are and russia is pulling back and denying every invitation to war sent by Obama/hillary starting with that insane no fly zone. And please let's not forget the most important piece fo this puzzle. The NDAA, signed into effect by executive action by... Obama. The NDAA is essentially a piece of paper saying the government is legally able to fabricate and spread propaganda, the current buzzword for that is fakenews, a very recent buzzword in the media.
>>
Sophie Crillynitch - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 08:40:19 EST ID:twEyK5fl No.384434 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384340
Where is that alleged list of IP addresses anyway? The articles you posted don't include a link.
>>
James Nungerfuck - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 09:33:16 EST ID:reMs3Ms1 No.384435 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Buzzfeed (LOL) now says an anonymous person claiming to be a british spy (I guess they couldn't confirm) has a document relying on more anonymous sources (LOL) that allege Trump is being blackmailed, fucked russian hookers, met with russian officials, etc.

>>384434
It was included in a classified version of the report that some people in the intelligence-industrial complex got access to. You can find mentions of the spreadsheet of IP addresses in CNN, NYT reports, etc. Maybe there's a torrent out there.
>>
Hannah Wuttingkidging - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 12:23:48 EST ID:3mkWG1aJ No.384444 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384435
So what's stopping any random troll from feeding mainstream news with increasingly absurd rumors and accusations and just claiming to be an anonymous government official? Or start a news site that does nothing but sling mud and spread rumors, and if anyone accuses you of libel you just hide behind your anonymous government officials whose existence nobody can verify?

Pepe News Network reports:
"Anonymous government sources say the editorial boards of Buzzfeed and the Washington Post are run by pedophiles and ISIS sympathizers"
"Anonymous government officials believe that Hillary Clinton personally ordered the death of Tamar Rice"
"Anonymous intelligence community sources say that Pizzagate is totally real, you guys"

I feel like American journalism is rapidly digging its own grave by legitimizing this kind of tactic.
>>
Matilda Blovinghood - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 13:08:47 EST ID:nWx98Ie9 No.384447 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384444
Tbh American faith in news is already so fucking abysmal that it almost doesn't matter. When the overwhelming majority think you're full of shit I guess you gotta pull out all the stops to stay relevant somehow.
>>
James Nungerfuck - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 13:55:05 EST ID:reMs3Ms1 No.384449 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384444
>So what's stopping any random troll from feeding mainstream news...
Anon trolls are less scary than what's happening now: people in power (or close to it) are leaking false info to the press. And the corrections never get as much publicity as the original sensationalist story. Not that this is anything new, but we're in a period where this is prevalent.

When Trump gets in office, all of these fucking cunts will remember why anonymous government sources aren't reliable. They'll also remember that spy agencies constantly lie.
>>
Clara Noshhall - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 14:01:12 EST ID:ixqOA5lP No.384450 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384444
FWIW, i think only buzzfeed reported the "leak" as a real story. mainstream media outlets (like ABC) reported that Obama and Trump had a briefing that the fake news story was making the rounds & the FBI was investigating it further.

http://abc7ny.com/politics/abc-news-fbi-investigating-unconfirmed-claims-that-trump-was-compromised-by-russians/1696371/
>>
Hannah Wuttingkidging - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 14:11:18 EST ID:3mkWG1aJ No.384451 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384449
>people in power (or close to it) are leaking false info to the press.
That actually gets to the heart of my question (though this may be impossible for anyone here to answer): Are these outlets even sure that their information comes from people in power? Or just random people who say that they are?

So if I call up Buzzfeed and tell them that Trump masturbates to Holocaust footage, and I know this because I'm an NSA official leaking secret info to the press, will they even bother trying to verify that I do, in fact, work for the NSA? Or will they just take my word for it and publish away? Are these mysterious government sources anonymous only to the public, or are they anonymous to the "journalist" as well?
>>
Hedda Bunson - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 14:19:00 EST ID:1qezcbq/ No.384452 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384450
This is accurate.

The big issue is that it appears, and this has been collaborated...the John McCain handed this info personally to James Comey. Comey has stated that he didn't do anything with the info "because it would be wrong to leak this info during an election cycle." This happened WHILE Comey stated in the 10 days before the election that HRC may have more "damaging emails," on Anthony Weiner's laptop. Which turned out to be literally 100% false.

WTF, Comey? You little piece of shit....
>>
Clara Noshhall - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 14:26:46 EST ID:ixqOA5lP No.384454 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384451
>Are these outlets even sure that their information comes from people in power? Or just random people who say that they are?
you don't trust a source unless you know who they are (so yes,most journalists know who they are getting scoops from) and/or they've fed you many true things in the past. some news outlets won't accept tips from anonymous sources, but that's a question many in the biz deal with.

buzzfeed plays it fast and loose because they just want their name out there. the fucking president elect of the USA just gave them a ton of free publicity. buzzfeed knew what they were doing, and it wasn't trying to report news; it was to get clicks to their site. i mean, buzzfeed isn't a site that hosts news, it's a site that hosts ads, and Trump made them a lot of money today.
>>
Jack Hushford - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 15:26:11 EST ID:I3FnSNZB No.384455 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384454

This actually didn't originally come from Buzzfeed, it started about 4 months ago and various news outlets were investigating it.

CNN actually finally went with the story, which led Buzzfeed to put out the actual dossier as a piggyback.

CNN story - http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/donald-trump-intelligence-report-russia/index.html

Buzzfeed dosier .pdf - https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3259984-Trump-Intelligence-Allegations.html


VOX lays out the timeline here - http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/11/14233898/cnn-bombshell-report-russia-blackmail-trump-explained-videotape-sex-money
>>
Ernest Drunningsurk - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 15:31:06 EST ID:TDz5pzw5 No.384456 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384093
http://abcn.ws/2ikOoIh
>Pres.-elect Donald J. Trump says he accepts the intelligence community’s conclusion that Russia was behind the alleged hacking of political organizations and individuals during the election - the first time he has conceded Russia was behind the cyberattack.

Waiting to see how the TrumpTards spin this....
>>
Clara Noshhall - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 15:50:01 EST ID:ixqOA5lP No.384457 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384456
i went to the_donald to see what they were saying about it, but that entire board reads like bad a DBZ role play chat room.

they're only talking about how much "john mccuck" is a traitor and how butthurt buzzfeed and cnn must be. you know, the real issues (◔_◔)
>>
Hedda Bunson - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 16:15:35 EST ID:1qezcbq/ No.384460 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384457
What do you expect from people who call Trump "God Emperor," with zero signs of being ironic?
>>
James Nungerfuck - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 18:35:00 EST ID:reMs3Ms1 No.384463 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>384455
OH yeah, good point. I posted without looking into it too much.Buzzfeed actually isn't that bad in this case.


Report Post
Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.