Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Send SMS through Python?

- Sat, 14 Nov 2015 16:41:32 EST 7tlwV1lw No.34829
File: 1447537292602.jpg -(57138B / 55.80KB, 640x449) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Send SMS through Python?
I have been trying to code a text messaging program, for when I don't have a phone. I have so far experimented with smtplib and such, but it just doesn't work..

I have used this example from this page
http://alextrle.blogspot.com/2011/05/how-to-send-sms-message-with-python.html

I have managed to send through my gmail account, but not with the program script? Am I missing something. My code looks just like the one there. Nothing happens though.
>>
Cedric Shakebury - Sat, 14 Nov 2015 17:17:14 EST +Pttg+YM No.34830 Reply
That's old as fuck. You shouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work without modification. Google's really big on OAUTH2, maybe they require you to use it now?
>>
Henry Turveyman - Sun, 15 Nov 2015 04:07:29 EST c06WQfKp No.34831 Reply
If your IP address isn't blacklisted, you can send the e-mail yourself over one of those e-mail to SMS bridges.
>>
Basil Pittspear - Sun, 15 Nov 2015 16:50:40 EST en0VEAtu No.34832 Reply
Python you can just put a wrapper around C functions, and the SS7 API only has a handful of functions to implement which is what you want, a Signaling System 7 stack. Beware these are wide open to abuse to secure it properly

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.