Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

BASIC bitches

- Mon, 15 Feb 2016 09:55:12 EST v+xSbxsp No.35166
File: 1455548112204.jpg -(142590B / 139.25KB, 640x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. BASIC bitches
nah none of those

So I modded a cigar box to fit my kindle fire, then later added a small bluetooth keyboard and bam. instant laptop. It's the shit and I'm not ashamed of showing it off.

I got a BASIC programming app for it and it works great (a few minor bugs) and even came with some sweet code snippets and samples. However, I'm having trouble finding BASIC forums on the web. all I can find is VB shit and that's not going to help me.

specifically I'm having trouble with a do until loop with some if statments inside it.
for some reason the until doesnt register after the ifs. Can you use brackets\braces\parentheses? tried those a few ways and it wouldnt work

tldr:
BASIC (not VB) forums and such, where are they?

pic related. eyeball cover front cam. signet cigar box. removed mostof body but keptj bottom / top and clasp. hidden compartment under keyboard.
>>
Frederick Havingwick - Mon, 15 Feb 2016 09:59:08 EST v+xSbxsp No.35167 Reply
1455548348204.jpg -(705154B / 688.63KB, 912x1600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>35166
outside of box

also, post your programming practice contraptions thread?
>>
Polly Giddlenot - Mon, 15 Feb 2016 14:05:52 EST NoCscOac No.35169 Reply
There are hundreds of incompatible BASIC dialects. If you want documentation, find out what the app implements.
>>
Eliza Marringtat - Tue, 16 Feb 2016 12:40:05 EST 5q2tULje No.35175 Reply
Basic is senseless on a modern machine imho.
If you are doing it for sports get a Sharp PC-U6000 or one of the even older models and use that. It's more fun when you are restricted by 32kb of program memory :-)

If you are on a android tablet with a bluetooth keyboard install Termux and you can run python, php and even c++, and you have a full on vim with plugins and stuff.
>>
Eliza Marringtat - Tue, 16 Feb 2016 12:45:40 EST 5q2tULje No.35176 Reply
If you need incentive: There is a whole bunch of system calls in these Sharp calculators where you can access the largely undocumented rom codes.
And there is a micro jack port which is used as a modem port to transfer between machines, props if you make a synth out of it.
>>
Eliza Marringtat - Tue, 16 Feb 2016 14:00:35 EST 5q2tULje No.35179 Reply
Also, although I haven't tried there's MSX basic, with a quite active scene around them. Seriously if you code basic you do it on a vintage machine or at least an emulator.
And you learn it by reading the Handbook, as they are very simple languages (Different variants of BASIC) which you can learn to grasp in their entirety which is quite something considering the complexity of modern languages.
>>
Augustus Parrypen - Mon, 29 Feb 2016 10:11:18 EST v+xSbxsp No.35252 Reply
1456758678474.png -(273042B / 266.64KB, 400x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
OP here. got the programming on the kindle thing figured out.
but now I have a new problem

turning on bluetooth isn't difficult, but takes like 8 swipes\taps and that's 6 too many for me. in the BASIC app, the code to turn on Bluetooth is "BT.OPEN", then, if your bluetooth isn't on, you are asked permission to turn it on. Simple! only 2 taps. HOWEVER, I can't for the life of me find a way to open a text file directly from the homescreen. (Though if you open it through the file explorer it will actually open it from the BASIC app by default, sweet!) I'm looking into getting android studio on my computer to just build my own simple apps like this, but it kind fo defeats the purpose of this project.

anybody know anything bout that?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.