Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Old Phone Game Programming

- Wed, 22 Jun 2016 18:54:14 EST hs3PpPko No.35759
File: 1466636054079.jpg -(79689B / 77.82KB, 650x650) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Old Phone Game Programming
Hi, I just inherited this old SCH-U450 Verizon phone. You can visit the "Verizon Media Center (Get it Now)", and download games and whatnot - all of them, it seems, from different studios. I'm wondering if anyone here knows how you go about programming that device/OS.

What languages and tools are available? And how did those game studios get a Verizon deal?
>>
Nell Worthingfuck - Thu, 23 Jun 2016 12:07:35 EST PeK+KZzj No.35762 Reply
You're probably looking at J2ME or BREW. The way it works is you design and write a game for one phone and then port it to other phones. This sounds like it's a bigger pain in the ass than it is on Android. I assume getting into a Verizon store is similar to getting into any other app store, just not so well advertised.

I had to change all the verb tenses above because I realized that this is still a thing. Kind of a trip.
>>
Albert Meblingworth - Sat, 25 Jun 2016 01:17:27 EST 4AC8OQBZ No.35765 Reply
>>35762
Yeah this guy is right. It's gonna be either J2ME or BREW. Enjoy your crappy Java apps.
>>
Cornelius Buzzhall - Fri, 15 Jul 2016 04:36:54 EST F+scHBch No.35853 Reply
My windows mobile phone used to have Java emulator. I played some mobile ratchet and clank game using it. Moto Q9c, good times.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.