Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Could i be a proffessional programmer?

- Tue, 18 Oct 2016 20:47:22 EST smMtB5CL No.36249
File: 1476838042100.jpg -(51659B / 50.45KB, 409x293) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Could i be a proffessional programmer?
I work in a McJob. I had to control key lends of a building and send email when the badge arrives.
I made a program in Java, that reads the excel file .xlsx with the key numbers and name and put it on a sqlite3 db.
I don't have access to the enterprise database, so II use a webscrapping lib to get the name of the employee by the internal id.
It was possible to play with sql and get some usefull stuff as search for people or keys. All employee was registered with date/hour that got the key, when got it and when delivered.

About the badge, I made a program that reads the input of a badge reader, that I found on reception deskt. Remember I used a web scrapping lib? I got the number of the badge, figure out how to get the registry by the badge number, search the website of intranet got the name and email. Put the email on a sender list and set the program to open a new email, openniing the default email program, calling all to get the new badge with a default message. Much less painful than typing all emails.

I think that my MVC wasn't very good, but it worked like a charm.
The ugliest code was on webscrapping because it was try and error, since the site didn't named any tags!

Do you think I could work coding? I'm I good programmer? I do it just for fun and hobby.
I don't know how professional programmers job is.
In level of difficulty, what my program is?
>>
Charlotte Dishkud - Wed, 26 Oct 2016 03:27:30 EST 27ni4VQG No.36261 Reply
> I think that my MVC wasn't very good
Does your program have a UI? Did you even try to separate the UI into a logical model, presentation and user interaction components?

If not, you're not doing MVC. That's not necessarily bad, if you don't have a UI, you don't need it anyway. Don't be a framework fanboy that has to tick off all the buzzwords on every project.

It sounds like you could work as a coder. I've worked with people who couldn't do as much on their own. Why not apply for a job as a junior/trainee programmer? You'll get trained much quicker in the trenches than experimenting on your own.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.