Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Advice?

- Sun, 20 Nov 2016 09:57:41 EST sRAnM3Nm No.36308
File: 1479653861545.gif -(10060B / 9.82KB, 200x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Advice?
I think I may have come to wrong board but I am looking for advice. I want to get into the sysadmin field I have experience with Hypervisors and setting up VMs and setting them up for automation. I am really confident in my skills in a enterprise and other mixed enviroment setting but I don't have any formal job experience and an my resume looks pretty dismal.

It seems like most employers want a degree in a crazy field to get a entry level position, I'll be going for an LPIC, Network+/CCNA/RS and CCNA DC cert in a few days. Any tips for a guy shooting for a sysadmin job or a data center tech?
>>
Phyllis Cludgemitch - Sun, 20 Nov 2016 11:03:55 EST jekbcXzU No.36309 Reply
You need to know people. Part of the advantage of going to school is that if nothing else your professors can recommend you. You'll want to try to make friends.
>>
Samuel Bittinghidging - Wed, 23 Nov 2016 15:19:14 EST 9QSfnS0r No.36312 Reply
>>36309
Pretty much, and you don't need a degree for sysadmin tasks, and certs are only worth something if you ace them and get apply for a job over the institute where you're taking the test.
The public job offerings are from people who don't have anybody doing their IT inhouse who want to get away from a third party service contract. Avoid them.

Try to meet somebody who has the position you want and try to get them to ask around for you if they're hiring.
>>
Fucking Dadgebury - Sat, 10 Dec 2016 00:18:48 EST rOfvwfN5 No.36358 Reply
>>36312
Will do I was thinking of trying to hunt for bars where people with these kinds of positions might hang out and try to make some friends. Maybe I should join a tech based slack chat or something for my area.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.