Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Help with databases

- Sun, 08 Apr 2018 12:16:39 EST 9uEY0yYY No.37494
File: 1523204199704.jpg -(147212B / 143.76KB, 1070x1434) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Help with databases
Hello guys, I recently started work
ing on a website and I need it to access a certain database, I already have a key to this database, but I wanted to know if I have to learn PHP or SQL or both to use it.
>>
Hamilton Narringville - Mon, 09 Apr 2018 02:59:33 EST Xm/W+3lL No.37496 Reply
>>37494
You should generally know some simple SQL in order to access the database in such a way that doesn't completely wreck its performance.
>>
Rebecca Bimblesadging - Mon, 09 Apr 2018 11:55:06 EST k++VoPQ4 No.37500 Reply
It sounds like you have an API key. If that's the case, you'll need code server side to access the API and render HTML for a user to view. You can use PHP for that. You shouldn't be dealing with SQL unless you have some responsibility for the operation of the database.

It also sounds like you're way over your head. Maybe step back and look at how other people are doing the kind of things you're trying to do.
>>
Eugene Blackson - Mon, 09 Apr 2018 16:04:02 EST WQgEyuaW No.37501 Reply
>>37500
I already know how to create a webpage (HTML5, JS and CSS) I just wanted to know how I could get into the making of the server-side of a website, since I've learned js was not really made for that.. thanks for the clarification though I forgot to mention I didn't own the database, I was just trying to make my website interact with it.
>>
Rebecca Bimblesadging - Mon, 09 Apr 2018 19:52:08 EST k++VoPQ4 No.37502 Reply
>>37501
Actually, you can do Javascript on the server. A lot of web developers today use Javascript for almost everything. I don't think it's an especially good idea, but there's no denying that it's wildly popular.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.