Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Need a Custom Program/Plug-in/whatever

!cyBOrG7t12 - Thu, 26 Jul 2018 19:44:08 EST h2ta1JXJ No.37597
File: 1532648648448.jpg -(208095B / 203.22KB, 944x921) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Need a Custom Program/Plug-in/whatever
I've been using an electronic drum kit to my drums in Ableton Live, but Ableton's default drum rack, while still being the best for what I need, doesn't do everything I need it to. But all the other drum VSTs I can find are even farther away from what I need. The task seems to be bigger than the one friend I have who can program things so I'm wondering who I should ask. Where (IRL or online) and how would I go about finding a professional who could make a custom VST? And how much should I expect to have to pay? I can share more details on what I need if there's anyone who can answer this for me, or on the off chance that someone here would be interested in the task.
>>
Jenny Brablingdock - Thu, 26 Jul 2018 21:45:49 EST Xm/W+3lL No.37601 Reply
I am not an audio expert, so I can't really speak to the audio-specifics of your request. But from my brief research it looks like you need a VST plugin to be authored (probably a VST 2.0 plugin, since they are more compatible with more software than VST 1.0 or VST 3.0 plugins). Steinberg released the VST plugin specification so that people can author their own VST plugins, and also so that various sound and music tools can integrate VST plugins. Typically these plugins are authored in C++ (as on Windows they are basically just DLL files).

I think that if you want to find someone who can make your electronic drum kit do all the things you want it to do, that you'll probably have to talk with an audio engineer (who knows C++) and find out from them what they think it'll take. This will probably depend heavily upon what features you want it to have that you don't already have access to. I don't know what the going "rate" is for purchasing plugins generally, so I cannot assess a price.
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Fri, 27 Jul 2018 11:59:40 EST szx3VRSt No.37607 Reply
>>37601
That's actually helpful, now I at least know where to start. Thanks.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.