Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Systems/Requirements Analyst Shitwork

- Fri, 28 Sep 2018 14:54:43 EST wg9vWRXx No.37654
File: 1538160883862.png -(217557B / 212.46KB, 455x290) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Systems/Requirements  Analyst Shitwork
This isn't really "programming" per say but I work as a requirements analyst. Business analyst. Systems analyst. What the fuck ever.

Holy fuck this job sucks, the advancement prospects just seems like more requirements work, which is glorified technical writing / secretary bitch work. Jira tickets, user stories, agile epics, scrums blah blah blah get your cert anon! Your CSM is gonna be so useful everyone will love you! Your generic "product owner" cert you have with 0 technical. Skills is gonna make. Employers wet!

Are business analysts even fucking relevant anymore?

The developers are the real powerhouses and do all the cool shit. I want to leave working in IT altogether and do something completely different

All I deal with are bullshit enterprise legacy systems with elementary XML/SQL/Java shit that's archaic as fuck. And I fucking hate coding, was never good at this shit.

Im 25, make 75k with a liberal arts degree in a high income city (sf/NYC etc.) so maybe yay... I guess? Inflation is a bitch.
How the fuck I manage to wake up every day for this shit is a marvel to me.

Topping out at 100k (lol) and taking my fat wife to Applebee's every other month is in my future.... Fuck this
>>
Shit Gabberstidge - Sun, 30 Sep 2018 02:36:05 EST Xm/W+3lL No.37655 Reply
You know that full-time programmers also constantly do Jira tickets, user stories, agile epics, and scrums too, right?
>>
Doris Hombleman - Thu, 18 Oct 2018 14:23:27 EST Vu8mgKGQ No.37664 Reply
>>37655
Reluctantly.

OP: If you don't want to deal with this you either have to find a job where somebody does that for you (Top 500 company) or find one where that isn't a requirement (self-employed, start-up with friends)
Also: you know your income is in the top 5% at least for your age group, even considering where you live, right? Stop bitching.
>>
Charlotte Tillingbury - Sun, 04 Nov 2018 10:26:56 EST o1ocKwZ+ No.37674 Reply
>>37664
I just decided to leave tech all together. If you're not a developer or at the very least a designer you have absolutely nothing to contribute except from being a glorified secretary and occasional buffer for programmer enthusiasm as a 'product manager' if you can even land that role. Fuck it
>>
Nell Minnerputch - Sun, 11 Nov 2018 00:44:48 EST vASvAHmL No.37677 Reply
>>37654

You could actually learn the tech shit; and enjoy having one of the few modern jobs where you get basically secretaries.

Mine likes to make me snacks :)

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.