Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Programming for Retards 101: Explaining to You As If You're a Child

- Fri, 19 Apr 2019 00:39:57 EST fGSblL+b No.37762
File: 1555648797142.png -(12311B / 12.02KB, 485x303) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Programming for Retards 101: Explaining to You As If You're a Child
I think I might be too retarded to be a programmer. When I am given an assignment for my course work at community college I always have a hard time figuring out what needs to be done. I don't think I am that much of a failure at simple logic, but I'm not a genius so I can't figure out just what it is that I need to do. I am alright with structured programs and sometimes feel as if I excel at that but when it comes to making a bug move position in Java I am lost at the start. I cannot even form an algorithm to save my fucking life. Is there any hope that I would ever grasp everything in programming? I can't even figure out how passing methods/functions in any given language actually works. This is enough to make me contemplate suicide since this means it's one more thing that I would never excel at or one more thing that I would only excel at with the bare minimum. Who else feels this way?
>>
Esther Wadgeman - Fri, 19 Apr 2019 00:42:17 EST fGSblL+b No.37763 Reply
>>37762
Derp, that if statement should be...

if (truth.equals("yes") { }

I suppose this is more evidence that I am a retard at this shit.
>>
Archie Sankinshit - Fri, 19 Apr 2019 17:06:48 EST x6K3CZQk No.37768 Reply
1555708008111.gif -(2687130B / 2.56MB, 300x424) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>37762
>java
I once felt the horrible pain of trying to figure out Java in an intro course. You should go to office hours or ask TAs if they exist in your college questions, like how passing around messages works in Java. That's why you pay them tuition.

In the meantime, try doing this concurrently with your community college:
This is free https://www.edx.org/course/software-construction-data-abstraction-ubcx-softconst1x part of a larger group of (free) courses specializing in java software development https://www.edx.org/micromasters/ubcx-software-development
The first lecture you open up IntelliJ and you start commenting out things, to see what breaks.
The next lecture you are creating 'call graphs' to understand the behaviour of a program.
At this point you still don't know much of anything about Java, yet you'll be able to understand which pieces are dependent on what.
Then the actual course begins where you learn classes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj31mdxbg6I followed by "methods" then all the complexity of inheritance etc.

Programming is essentially creating reusable interfaces then linking them all together with a small program. The skill in programming is designing the internals of that interface to be as reusable as possible, and designing the public facing parts to be as abstract as possible so not just specific to moving a sprite, but moving something else too. The idea is all the movement logic is encapsulated within this black box, so it can be reused, and you spend most of your time refining the interface coming up with the ideal level of abstraction so anything in your program that needs to move can use it. This is really all you have to know, to be a good programmer. If everything has a well written public interface, that is self documenting, then debugging is simple, reading your own code is simple, adding features is painless, optimization becomes much easier, tl;dr your life as a programmer is basically eternally blessed even if all you do is write an interface for absolutely everything and your main program logic is just 20 lines of code that string these interfaces all together. Beginner programmers always do it the opposite way, creating very large programs that are not split up into reusable parts. Experienced programmers would prefer for everything to be an interface and to reduce namespace (library variable names, scope etc) as much as possible because they have experience (nightmares) trying to debug problems. For you if you want to learn start by just writing empty interfaces. Then add scaffolding of 'methods' you would like to have in there. "Move bug" ""Avoid collision" etc. Then write tests. "left_move() should mean dx is set to --1, up_move() should mean dy is set to ++1". As you write tests for your interface it begins to take shape on it's on, then the actual implementation of the function or method or whatever is already fully specified by your tests, you're basically done. Now begins the process of refinement "How can I make this more reusable". Then "How can I make this faster, what if I instead thought of my game area as paths on a graph, and instead of searching the whole graph for where player X is, what if I cut it in half, and estimated the probability where player X is on the other half of the graph" and that's where most people begin to get into algorithms. If you can't do it at all now I wouldn't worry as Don Knuth once wrote he only got into programming himself because a manual that came with the school computer contained the most garbage programs he'd ever seen, so he thought up little ways to improve them and that gave him confidence that 'hey maybe I can actually be good at this'.
>>
William Dartham - Sat, 20 Apr 2019 02:11:11 EST fGSblL+b No.37770 Reply
>>37768
Is that Terry A. Davis? :-(

It sounds like you were saying a good place to start would be to write skeleton code. I apologize if my comprehension was off there since it was a very large body of text to read though.
>>
Martin Dribblesod - Sat, 20 Apr 2019 18:01:02 EST ArAhyPlT No.37771 Reply
Maybe you should focus on reading code instead of writing it. Get small projects off of github and spend some time every day trying to write comments for it.
>>
James Randi - Sun, 21 Apr 2019 14:23:11 EST 1LDhr8d/ No.37772 Reply
I'd say unless your fixated on getting a specific degree you should avoid collage these days.
All the information is available online.
We live in the future.
Every one is broke.
You can pay $10 on Udemy (I've been using it, it's like steam but for classes) and get a collage level block of classes that will get you up and running in your chosen field of study with out having to do a bunch of random classes and pay for text books.

That being said, I am planning to back to community collage but not for a degree. I just wanted to take some non degree courses (for a certificate, but that's just a by product more than my goal). But I'm already doing some of my own personal projects and doing online courses both paid and free courses and following endless coding tutorials. So when I do take the classes it will be more to teach me to follow assignments and work with others and teach me a few new things instead of me entering totally green.

But thats jut my two cents.
>>
Molly Wullydut - Mon, 22 Apr 2019 14:11:20 EST YQ/A/pSI No.37775 Reply
>>37772
Doesn’t college help with job applications? And isn’t a round education still better than just learning what is needed to know? Everything kind of ties together, right? I’m not paying for tuition right now since the Bogg covers the cost of classes. Plus if you go the self-taught root. How do you get lecture?
>>
James Randi - Mon, 22 Apr 2019 16:20:26 EST 1LDhr8d/ No.37776 Reply
>>37775
This was just my opinion.
Please don't decide your future based solely on my (a stranger on the internet) input alone.

Some people learn better and get more connected professionally through collage. But it's defiantly the more expensive and competitive route with a higher risk to you personally if you fail.
With what I feel isn't that great of a reward.

If you really want to do some coding, look up really basic tutorials on youtube, like day one stuff.

Maybe take some cheap online courses first to see if you really want to do this for at least another 4 years, especially if you are already struggling.
>>
James Randi - Mon, 22 Apr 2019 16:27:14 EST 1LDhr8d/ No.37777 Reply
>>37776
I'll use my self as an example.
I first went for a really expensive community collage degree for some unachievable goal of designing new chips. I found manufacturing really cool when I was like 18.
Ended up being way too much for me and I flunked out, thankfully with no debt.
I re enrolled for a much simpler degree "I.T. course" that was mainly just endless IT certs that got you an AS degree in the end.
I had to take history and health classes like i was in highschool again and spend over 40 hours a week either in class or doing homework. I had to learn such a stupid ammount of shit, like how computers from the 80's (in the year 2009) worked because they were still tangently used in the world and it's "on the test" and it taught "theory".
Eventually I dropped out of that too, again thankfully with no debt.

Many years latter I realize I just want to make video games.
I paid for some courses online and seriouslly applied my self to them at least 5-10 hours a week and I already feel I've learned alot more in the half year than in school.
That being said I am missing alot by being self taught.
So like I said above, I'm gonna supliment my self taught learning with some school.

I think having some classes you passed along with self taught skills and then some finished products you worked on on your resume looks way better than some one fresh out of 4 years of collage.
>>
Molly Wullydut - Mon, 22 Apr 2019 17:26:46 EST YQ/A/pSI No.37778 Reply
>>37776
I’m passed day one stuff. I’m having trouble moving passed day one material. I know about if statements, loops, variables, etc. It’s the more complicated shit that I am struggling with like methods, passing methods, classes, etc. This applies to any language that I have studied aside from lua which I learned thanks to Minecraft and ComputerCraft. I have this issue in Perl, Python, Java, JavaScript, and C++.

My transfer councilor told me to fill out applications for two Associates Degrees that I apparently completed so I already earned a CIS AS, BET AS (which I given up on after I realized it wasn’t what I wanted and ended up getting it anyway) and three certificates in Computer Systems III, PowerPoint (lol), Microsoft Word (lol). The last associates is one for transfer to a university which is a math and science degree.

I’m currently taking Trigonometry right now which is giving me less headache and tears than my Java course. I have thought about maybe taking a social degree on the side if I could as a backup.
>>
Cedric Droshbodge - Mon, 22 Apr 2019 19:18:18 EST DEyJ4IH6 No.37779 Reply
>>37762
What does this error mean?

The class Main is the same as the file name Main.java and occurs after trying to run the program. The program compiled just fine.

error: class found on application class path: Main
>>
Wesley Drallerkutch - Wed, 24 Apr 2019 16:41:46 EST yWCJdZvc No.37781 Reply
>>37779
Sorry, I'm not that familiar with Java. Try Googling for your error (or very similar phrases to your error) and see what other people think about the problem.
>>
John Crerrywater - Wed, 24 Apr 2019 19:24:09 EST DEyJ4IH6 No.37782 Reply
>>37781
I did and I asked my instructor. It could be because the class name isn't the same as the filename, but this isn't the case since the class name is the same as the file name. The instructor said it has to do with the directory but the thing is that the files are in the depository that I cloned from GitHub so nothing changed. I think I am just going to have to show my professor tomorrow. I was able to complete an assignment in repl.it and then copy/paste it into vim so I could push it to GitHub.

But this is something that I really should show the instructor.
>>
Cedric Turveywell - Thu, 25 Apr 2019 05:50:59 EST fGSblL+b No.37783 Reply
This is the reason I question if I could be a programmer. I decided to try a small practice program and seeing as I am an inhabitant of /cd/ I figured why not try to make a program that could keep a quick record of my blood work.

This is what I wrote up in a night but now I have no idea how I could insert things into the table. I wanted the "Your Results" column to be filled with user input. I think I have an understanding on how to keep a record stored in memory but this is something that feels beyond my intellectual capabilities. While I thought I understood how passing from one method to another works I then get confused again like a damn retard.

Anyway, here is my shitty program.

https://hastebin.com/ificugumuh.cs
>>
James Randi - Thu, 25 Apr 2019 15:08:07 EST 1LDhr8d/ No.37784 Reply
>>37783
You sound like you already are ahead of most normal people when it comes to your coding knowledge.
Maybe the classes are too fast or too much work load?
When I did my brief go in community collage I had one class that was literally too much work load. I showed it to the teacher after class and he didn't give a flying digital fuck.
I showed my student adviser liasion person and then they forced the teacher to slow the class down for every one.

Every one in class hated me for it but it helped alot.
How long is your full intended course at school?
>>
David Farringstidging - Thu, 25 Apr 2019 19:52:02 EST /4rq69Zo No.37785 Reply
Just to add 2cents:

You don't "figure out" an algorithm for a task you want to do. You learn ALL the algorithms (or lots of them) and then use the right one for the problem you want to make.
I don't know about how you're going about this, but my advice is: instead of jumping right into coding in java -or anything else- you should at least start doing some theory on the side (it can be boring at first but the deeper you go the more you gain insight), such as an introduction to algorithms, because it gives you an understanding of "writing code to solve a task" which is completely independent from a particular language or syntax.
A popular book recommendation is Introduction to Algorithms by CLRS, but you can really just go to khan accademy and get started with their videos
>>
Matilda Dimbleleg - Thu, 25 Apr 2019 23:37:48 EST fGSblL+b No.37786 Reply
>>37785
Algorithms are definitely one of the weakest aspects of programming that I have trouble with and most of my courses more or less made them out to just be a recipe in some cookbook. I don't know why this is the hardest part for me since I either just jump straight into the coding (which I do kind of find fun putting things together) or feel blocked at the algorithm step.

>>37784
This is my first time ever working with Java. I do have experience in other languages such as Python, Perl, and Lua. Lua, I grew familiar with because of Minecraft and ComputerCraft. I did enroll in C++ which is a course that I am required to take if I transfer to a university, but dropped out of the course to focus on my mathematics courses. I do remember back when I was messing around with Lua that I couldn't figure out how a for loop functioned even though it was straight forward until I put it into easily disgestable terms.

for (int i = 0; /* begins the counter */ i < 10; /* the condition which says how long the loop will run for (no pun intended) */ i++; /* counts up or counts down */

Then after that I found myself using for loops too much even when it seems like I didn't need it and had to remove it.

But now it seems like my main block is how methods and classes work. Reading the textbook that comes with the course which already sort of breaks down the process isn't getting throw to me that it makes me feel like a special needs student (even though I actually am a special needs student since I am enrolled in a program for people with learning disablities) so it doesn't feel that nice. It always seems to be the parameters (arguments?) that get to me.

The course at campus does have tutoring that I started to attend and they do have a tutor there that does a good job explaining some thing. I don't think I have too much difficulty in reading code since a program where we have to make a Bug move position read fairly clearly to me after how the methods worked and the classes worked, but yet this still continues to give me issues.
>>
Matilda Dimbleleg - Fri, 26 Apr 2019 01:28:47 EST fGSblL+b No.37788 Reply
1556256527465.png -(2857B / 2.79KB, 229x112) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>37786
I just looked up what the Σ meant and found a very good video explaining it with a formula they said was good to remember. I also then noticed something when they said the commonly used variable is i. Is this where the for loop originates from? That i is like your initial starting point and the top is where you end up. Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask and I may have just been drawing connections that aren't there, but this was just something that popped into my brain.
>>
Matilda Dimbleleg - Fri, 26 Apr 2019 04:24:23 EST fGSblL+b No.37789 Reply
>>37762
Holy shit! I think I may have finally figured out how passing works in a way that I understand even though I still don't understand completely.

I managed to get the values to pass over to the tableDisplay() method in that one hormone program.

https://hastebin.com/edojefirod.cs

But now I am running into a new problem in that it is only taking the first value of the array list.
>>
Matilda Dimbleleg - Fri, 26 Apr 2019 04:24:46 EST fGSblL+b No.37790 Reply
>>37789
Sorry about the bad formatting. The indentation is a bit off.
>>
Isabella Nanderworth - Sat, 27 Apr 2019 02:58:20 EST fGSblL+b No.37791 Reply
>>37762
I think I figured out what I was trying to do. I was being a dumbass thinking I could pass multiple values through one variable via a for loop until I realized that all I really needed to do was use an array. Just a regular array and not an array list.

Then after passing it to my main method I passed it again to my tableDisplay method. A good exercise on how passing it works.

Now I am going to add a method that reads the printed table and saves it to a text file.

This is my code so far.

https://pastebin.com/NU6SA963
>>
Charlotte Snodworth - Mon, 29 Apr 2019 15:26:42 EST 9t0AOqTI No.37798 Reply
Do what you enjoy and eventually you'll get gud. If you don't like it then do something else. Motivation creates focus creates genius. Don't compare yourself to rainmen autists and start making things that interest you
>>
Charlotte Snodworth - Mon, 29 Apr 2019 15:35:31 EST 9t0AOqTI No.37799 Reply
But honestly after reading this, OP you seem way closer than you think. The things you think are complicated are not that complicated. You just have to get out of the comfort zone you're used to. It will feel like starting over in some ways, then suddenly it will click.
>>
Charlotte Snodworth - Mon, 29 Apr 2019 15:43:14 EST 9t0AOqTI No.37800 Reply
One more token of wisdom: When it comes to programming, people are pure fucking garbage at teaching shit and love to embellish their skills by teaching/coding things the most dicksmashingly complicated and convoluted way possible.

Learn your own way. Never learn from code that annoys the fuck out of you.
>>
Charlotte Snodworth - Mon, 29 Apr 2019 15:48:06 EST 9t0AOqTI No.37801 Reply
and fuck standards. Get into a flow that feels comfortable. Everything else can come later, when you have the experience to decide yourself how best to do things
>>
Charlotte Snodworth - Mon, 29 Apr 2019 15:57:09 EST 9t0AOqTI No.37803 Reply
Anything that keeps you interested, keeps you coding, keeps you googling new things, is progress. Don't let them turn your hobby into a drag. Don't conform. 99% of people are fucking idiots, even programmers.
>>
Charlotte Snodworth - Mon, 29 Apr 2019 16:09:21 EST 9t0AOqTI No.37804 Reply
Don't be someone else's idiot. Be your own idiot

If you are forced to do something, at least meet the requirements in a way that feels most satisfying to you. Use what you're doing to secretly train other skills. Make your code a work of art.
>>
Polly Bunhall - Mon, 29 Apr 2019 21:33:20 EST fGSblL+b No.37805 Reply
>>37799
I think I may understand how passing from method to method works. (See >>37791). If a method's purpose is to return an array then the type would be an array. When you do something like "String [] array = createArray();" you're calling a function to return an array and assigning it to another array then when you "callMethod(array)" you're handing that array off to the method that is initializing the new array variable as a parameter "methodCall(String [] array2) {}" Is this basically how passing works? I wish I knew how passing between classes work. That still confuses me and I just completed an assignment to make a bug move.

>>37800
I think my instructor is laid back as fuck. The only strict guidelines he tends to give is to make sure your program works and to make sure your main is called Main.java. It's kind of nice since he has experience and doesn't get angry at you for not doing something right like another instructor at the campus.

>>37798
I think the thing is that I might run out of ideas eventually on things to code then I forget everything that I have learned. It happened before and I am honestly surprised that I am staying afloat in Java when this is the first time coding in it. Maybe I should look to see how some Minecraft mods are made since I am on that game a lot.
>>
>>
Wesley Buffingbury - Tue, 30 Apr 2019 01:36:47 EST e4FIrg+8 No.37808 Reply
>>37805
A function can have a specific job like do_something() or it can be used to output/return a variable.
Well when a function returns something, that function can be temporarily treated as the thing it returns.

myvariable = create_variable()

create_variable() doesn't magically turn into a variable, but it can be used as the input for myvariable. myvariable is now independent of create_variable(), and create_variable() still does whatever it originally did, next time you call it

"Passing between" is just making it sound more complicated. Functions can use variables as input and variables can be outputted from functions. A function can thus use another function as it's argument/input

Classes are just objects containing things. Those things could be functions or variables. Myclass.thing can be passed to Otherclass.do_something(Myclass.thing)
>>
Wesley Buffingbury - Tue, 30 Apr 2019 01:55:44 EST e4FIrg+8 No.37809 Reply
>>37808
And variables created inside functions usually can't be accessed from outside of the function, that's why they have to return things. Functions are mini programs that are restarted from scratch every time you call them. Classes are different because when. you create an instance of a class you can call thatclass.thing from outside the class, and that instance and eventing inside it will remain existing until you delete it
>>
WannaBeWizard420 - Tue, 30 Apr 2019 11:13:41 EST tSIV860B No.37812 Reply
1556637221994.png -(59124B / 57.74KB, 2626x1376) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>37762
Hello! Your local self-taught programming wizard here. I've been lurking these languages and different styles of programming about two years now. Functional, object oriented, procedural etc.. Tried to find a good language which I can understand and feel good in. So I started with diving deep end first, with Haskell. There I found something useful for reaching next level of wizardry: Monads. It's basically fundamental theory of mathematics and everything kind of builds on top of those fundamental principles. Languages, math and even thinking. Well that's odd.

Category Theory
Bartosz Milewski

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8LbkfSSR58&list=PLbgaMIhjbmEnaH_LTkxLI7FMa2HsnawM_

This is good starting point for that, because it teaches thinking these problems.

Later I ditched the idea of programming everything in Haskell and started thinking about object oriented languages and how to write them. Bumped into "Design Patterns" and from there I think it's pretty easy to climb up the way I imagined it. Check it out. It's patterns to solve problems in "any language" in a good way. I like especially strategy pattern, because imo it makes program really easy to extend. Python is the language of my choice for now, but Kotlin was really good too, actually. Good luck!
>>
Fucking Handerstot - Tue, 30 Apr 2019 11:43:36 EST DEyJ4IH6 No.37813 Reply
What online IDE would you recommend if I wish to program on my Chromebook?
>>
James Sonnerwock - Wed, 01 May 2019 16:57:12 EST Vu8mgKGQ No.37815 Reply
In general Visual Studio Code has gotten to the point where it provides more of certain features that even commercial IDE packages.

If you are starting now use it.
>>
David Brookford - Fri, 03 May 2019 03:19:30 EST fGSblL+b No.37818 Reply
>>37814
It says that I can install this natively if I enabled Linux on my Chromebook. I did that but they don't tell me what commands I have to enter into the terminal. How do I install this program?
>>
Cornelius Davingstack - Sat, 04 May 2019 13:20:10 EST Vu8mgKGQ No.37821 Reply
>>37818
What? Right 2 paragraphs down:

> Put your Chromebook into developer mode.
> Install the crouton extension from the Chrome Web Store.
> Press Ctrl + Alt + T to enter the crosh shell.
> Type shell and press return to enter the developer shell.
> Enter the following command, then press return:

> . <( wget -O - https://code.headmelted.com/installers/chromebook.sh )

Sorry I haven't got anything to do with Chromebooks.
>>
Phyllis Creblingdadge - Sun, 05 May 2019 03:18:23 EST fGSblL+b No.37822 Reply
>>37821
Those are the Crouton instructions.

I was referring to the native instructions here.

> If your Chromebook supports the Linux Apps feature, the best way to install the application is to download the corresponding deb package for your architecture from the Releases page.
>>
Barnaby Nicklewill - Sun, 05 May 2019 03:46:25 EST Vu8mgKGQ No.37823 Reply
>>37822
dpkg -i code-oss_1.32.0-1550644676_*.deb

as where * is the architecture
to get it run
uname -a
>>
Barnaby Nicklewill - Sun, 05 May 2019 03:49:41 EST Vu8mgKGQ No.37824 Reply
You could also just google
chromebook install deb

Why are you even going into programming shouldn't you improve your basic IT l skills first?
>>
Doris Blebblewell - Mon, 06 May 2019 22:50:37 EST fGSblL+b No.37825 Reply
>>37824
I don't really use Linux that often and I tried to install it yet it gave me an error the first time. Though I was able to install Java and LibreOffice just fine.
>>
Doris Blebblewell - Tue, 07 May 2019 02:42:40 EST fGSblL+b No.37826 Reply
>>37824
Most of the results are from Stock Overflow and questions related to different problems than I have.
>>
Caroline Dupperbanks - Fri, 10 May 2019 03:14:52 EST fGSblL+b No.37833 Reply
>>37827
I actually managed to install java on the Linux VM that ChromeOS runs for the apps. I am able to use Vim to write Java code now. Though I heard that Vim actually sucks for writing in Java. Honestly, though, a part of me actually sort of likes using Vim since I don't know if it's because I like to type a lot or if it's because I am used to it due that being the editor that we're using in the Java course. But are there any specific reasons NOT to use Vim for writing in Java or any programming language?
>>
Priscilla Semmlestock - Fri, 10 May 2019 18:57:46 EST Vu8mgKGQ No.37834 Reply
>>37833
Vim is pretty customizable but it's well ancient. Most people who use vim do it because they have to (like on a server over ssh) and because alternatives are worse.
I even did use vim for programming c++ as a stopgap once but I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.
The process with vim is you go down a rabbit hole of googling how to add specific features to it that are already there in all modern editors. Like syntax highlighting, code folding, code completion, code inspection, debugging, etc...
It's all possible but not as convenient as installing a plugin over the gui as in visual studio code for instance.

If the instructor forces you to use vim in a java course:
Fuck, now that's an insufferable hipster asshole.
>>
Priscilla Semmlestock - Fri, 10 May 2019 19:12:39 EST Vu8mgKGQ No.37835 Reply
>>37833
Oh and Java is not unique in that regard, you can use any editor.
But as Java is a full fledged "all functionality, right in your face" kind of language in contrast to something like Python I would like to have at least code inspection/ code completion.
In a real IDE if you have some class instance named SuperDuperApiNode if you type SuperDuperApiNode (dot) + (CTRL) + (SPACE) it gives you a dropdown of methods along with their return values and arguments you can call in this context.
>>
Albert Snodbanks - Fri, 10 May 2019 20:33:40 EST ChH/mqLk No.37836 Reply
>>37835
What is wrong with just typing it out again? I have been finding code completion to be quite annoying in Eclipse and Notepad++.
>>
Matilda Nagglewill - Fri, 10 May 2019 22:34:32 EST Vu8mgKGQ No.37837 Reply
>>37836
Not for me, I do often forget simple things like return value datatypes, exact method names plus I'm slightly dyslectic so code completion helps with typos.
>>
James Randi - Mon, 13 May 2019 05:37:34 EST /zkSrayI No.37838 Reply
>>37837
Same on all fronts.
My hats off to those who can code in a text document and on paper.
Im not smart enough to code with out the computer remembering every thing for me as I go.

I use visual studio because I have a pretty decent pc.
When I had an older PC I used the one that came bundled with unity engine (im totally blanking on the name).

My gf uses one called brackets for HTML but it seems like you can write any language in it.
>>
Frederick Honeyfoot - Tue, 14 May 2019 13:20:07 EST ZVCt6OQM No.37841 Reply
>>37838
All it takes is repetition and practice I’m sure. Anyone could code on paper or in a text document. Why won’t they?
>>
Phineas Blythedale - Wed, 22 May 2019 14:41:55 EST e+24tp3r No.37858 Reply
>>37772

>collage these days
>collage level block of classes
>collage but not for a degree
>collage
>COLLAGE
>collage
>collAge

Pls guys, go to collage just don't enroll in a art program or you will only learn how to make collages

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.