Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Learning C#

- Tue, 30 Jul 2019 17:02:55 EST M8sK+Yk/ No.37941
File: 1564520575000.png -(68954B / 67.34KB, 1200x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Learning C#
I know most people would just tell me to use online sources to teach myself to program because they're free but there is just something about a book that I find easier to learn from. I was wondering if if someone could give me a list of books that would take me from beginner to advanced in C#.

I was thinking about these books in this order.
1) Learn C# in One Day and Learn It Well. By Jamie Chan

2) Mastering C# (C Sharp Programming): A Step by Step Guide for the Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced User by Michael B. White

3) C# in Depth by Jon Skeet
>>
Edward Hollerwell - Thu, 15 Aug 2019 08:51:59 EST 0u7XtIRD No.37969 Reply
>>37941
We used the Wrox book "C# for professionals" back when I took my CS education in the .NET 4.0 days... contrary to the name, it starts off pretty simplistic, but showed off some great tricks with Visual Studio also.

Back then, I bought the entire box with the aforementioned book, along with a programmer's reference and a few books with design guidelines... mainly because the box set only cost a little bit more than the book alone. Pretty decent books to have even now, whether for reading or for quick reference. I still use mine sometimes for reference in building new projects.

My tip for any language is to try to get hold of one or more programmer's refence books... They often have good "recipes" for certain types of projects and can help you analyze and dissect more advanced problems. They may also contain quick references for various libraries and commands and are really good for helping in designing programs from scratch.
Also, as mentioned, reference books can help you learn a few tricks in the IDE for autogenerating code, say, for database access.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.