Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Web3 Projection

- Sat, 09 Apr 2022 12:39:13 EST i4efGmNn No.40200
File: 1649522353677.jpg -(44576B / 43.53KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Web3 Projection
Hey everyone, what are your honest thoughts about Web3 and its future?

I'm in the video game industry and over there, the concept of things like NFT make people grab their pitchforks.

I don't get it, as I see the value in the concept of digital ownership but at the same time I could imagine why there'd be backlash of Call of Duty devs said "Here's a new gun, there's 5000 of em, thx" but I envision a more organic approach to the inclusion of NFT that isn't so... obviously a money grab lol

Interested to hear your thoughts as I light one up. Also, I very much used to be one of those "omg you bought gif you loser" until I started to understand the actual technology of blockchain and its potential with projects like IPFS.
>>
The King - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 21:00:09 EST lTLSkWn+ No.40205 Reply
>>40200
Blockchain is pretty cool technology, and pretty amazing, but it only works in specific cases where you cannot trust **any** actors in a scenario, and is not the only way to do that, it just allows for a very specific type of safety. I could see it being used for currency, maybe, and nothing else. Etherium contracts are just too slow, and too expensive to use for almost anything realistic. I feel this is akin to the hype around the car, Americans integrating it into everything possible, and just now realizing the horrid side effects of the urban and suburban dystopia we have created for ourselves. In general decentralized technologies like GunJS could be the future, or at least a big part of it. Free is always cheaper then paying to a corporation after all, but blockchain is too expensive and slow. In general, decentralized good, blockchain bad.
>>
Clara Goodshit - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 15:58:15 EST QU6GYPQ1 No.40212 Reply
>>40200
In my opinion blockchain has no future. NFT's are very obviously a scam created to make a fake use for Cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency has no future, because it is deflating by nature. If you didn't get in early, you are not getting in at all, it has an end. That is the reason why our currency is inflating, to keep it going for future generations. Even the mere concept of all wallets being public and decentralized is so absolutely insane. I can literally make a virus, disguise it as currency and drop it into your wallet without your concent. There my currency sits and taunts you, untill the day you accidently click and interact with it. Activating the virus and transfering all your funds to my wallet.
It is also very obviosuly a pyramid scheme. The very base of the concept consists around recruiting as many people as possible, after you bought your own coins first of course.
>>
Edwin Goffingstack - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 21:28:20 EST U3E4S0yl No.40219 Reply
>>40200
The only way NFTs gain something RESEMBLING a tangible value is if they represent ownership and thus the dividends of a corporation.
We already have a vehicle for that called "Stocks", and the moment you pull this shit with crypto the SEC will be on you so hard that you either expend so much fucking effort that you literally set up a stock and are using a meme to sell it, or are just hanging it on your shoulders as a digital trophy - in which case, Elon, I suggest you tie it's value to a shitload of solar panels.

Unless Elon Musk personally ties ownership of all his solar and gifts it to the government, these digital assets will NEVER get FDIC insurance.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.