420chan now has a web-based IRC client available, right here
Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the float Name#Password
Comment
[*]Italic Text[/*]
[**]Bold Text[/**]
[~]Taimapedia Article[/~]
[%]Spoiler Text[/%]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace text[/pre]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Community Updates

420chan now supports HTTPS! If you find any issues, you may report them in this thread
We have to talk about louie ck by Beatrice Cloffingman - Mon, 26 Dec 2016 00:52:00 EST ID:ZQywfuGk No.207508 Ignore Report Quick Reply
File: 1482731520273.jpg -(18093B / 17.67KB, 640x348) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 18093
Now louie is alright but there is something that he said which got me thinking like a dog stuck in the dog door. You see that guy was on a interview and he comes up with this way of looking where "a little white girl doesn't get to complain". He continues on about how when his kid was sick and he got her flavored medicine which she didn't want. "what do you mean no? People are starving to death and you say no!? You don't get to!"

And it hit me, okay she is not starving and that's better than the alternative but in a way, she resembles what society has sacrificed inorder to not starve. That little girl sick but she still thinking about petty shit like the flavor of her medicine, she forever in this headspace where things like that matter. The sacrifice is a clear mind replaced by that of something like a consumer.
>>
Phoebe Semmlestog - Mon, 26 Dec 2016 22:57:20 EST ID:DLzNkYBL No.207511 Ignore Report Quick Reply
So it sounds to me like Lou is pretty much on point with this observation. But I don't know if he's getting at that is creating a consumerist mentality, it's really just a re-telling of the 'first world problems' meme.
>>
Ernest Godgestare - Thu, 29 Dec 2016 16:46:25 EST ID:2IPvcf8v No.207522 Ignore Report Quick Reply
Well its not really a new point or anything. But consumerism sure has turned around and created a strange culture. And its made some hellish kids thats for sure. Don't think that there was a time prior to industrialization that average people could afford to lavish their child with all sorts of things at a whim.

Consumer culture creates a lot of crying. A lot of give me. Buy me this. I need that. I mean obviously first world problems, but hey there sure isn't any going back on it. Most People would never get up comfort to get away from that. Can only imagine how poorly behaved kids are gonna be in a 100 years.
>>
Rebecca Huzzleshaw - Wed, 11 Jan 2017 22:25:03 EST ID:yJ+BqvQx No.207572 Ignore Report Quick Reply
>>207508
Consumerism is also the root of Lifestylism, like Trans Culture.
That there's a culture with a lifestyle including body modification and tribal code words and the whole nine yards. It's just breathtaking, the way Consumerism makes people feel so incomplete, and the fact it can even turn a concept like incomplete into a positive or negative thing, the spook of a requirement for completion, a requirement to get at something that can't be got.
That's the mental illness aspect-- that people are killing themselves to get at shit that doesn't exist, or isn't this thing that they think it is.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.