Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Lacan and the Otaku Culture

- Sun, 02 Apr 2017 05:39:00 EST 1EiSvWRE No.207959
File: 1491125940249.png -(765197B / 747.26KB, 800x456) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Lacan and the Otaku Culture
Greetings /pss/

I've got an upcoming thesis that requires a Lacanian psychoanals on the Otaku culture, to be specific on the emerging of Online Mobile Games (Mobage) trends. How could they become popular, how could the users willing to spend thousands of kachings on it, and how it become a subculture not only in Japan but also in other countries.

I'm still a noob in Lacan, while I'm also learning it myself, can you help me on where to start or a good route to understand it enough to use it as an analysis tool?

Thanks inb4
>>
Barnaby Dartridge - Sun, 02 Apr 2017 17:56:47 EST Ya59RsKY No.207962 Reply
>>Decides to write his master's thesis on Lacan and Otaku culture and how it affects micro-transaction games
You just picked three different kinds of awful and put them into a blender there. There wasn't anything less loony-bin inducing you could have chosen?
>>
Priscilla Sibbernore - Sun, 02 Apr 2017 21:53:56 EST wBXidaFY No.207964 Reply
>>207959

Object small a is a furry animated dog dick and their reclusion and anxiety is the result of failure of desire
>>
Walter Shakewill - Mon, 03 Apr 2017 09:01:40 EST 54PBc7Id No.207965 Reply
We sure do get a lot of students on this board.
>>
Beatrice Hammledudge - Fri, 23 Jun 2017 12:38:58 EST pGdi6pf4 No.208250 Reply
1498235938173.jpg -(30113B / 29.41KB, 605x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Honestly, if you’re a noob in Lacan you won’t write anything solid in that thesis. Crazy post-modern academia has already “reappropriated” Lacan though and that peculiar combination of subjects makes for a heavy salad too crude for real thought but nuts enough for academic criteria. You might succeed, but even if you do, you wouldn’t get closer to psychoanalysis.

The way to it is to brush off all secondary sources and read basic Freud (The Interpretation of Dreams, Psychopathology of Everyday Life, The Joke and its Relation to the Unconscious, plus I’d say some of the case studies) along with “basic” Lacan, whatever that might be... maybe The Insance of the Letter, maybe the second seminar, or some of the Écrits.

Curiously there are some comments by Lacan on the Japanese language, I believe from the first seminars and maybe some written texts. I don’t remember most of it, but I recall him praising the language’s sensitivity to social hierarchy.
>>
Walter Clezzledudge - Fri, 23 Jun 2017 15:54:09 EST UgAS1X+C No.208251 Reply
Lacan proposes that the mirror phase creates an illusion of independence. In freud and even some modern psychology, and even modern views found here and on the news. The it isn't an illusion it is the standard we should judge ourselves by and we are as sufficiently infantile as the imposition of that distorted super ego critique suggests. And our failures to live up to it, our neurosis's are still charted along that development to live up to it. Suggesting the adult world impressed in that distortion of a super imago as existing as it restricts us then.

Lacan suggested that the mirror phase both biologically and linguistically as understood in humans is more like a misunderstanding. You can't see the supporting frames and buttresses that still hold up that independent image from the other side of the mirror, much like you can't see the strings and supports that hold up a puppet or a piece of architecture succesfully couched in space.

this is because of the depths of reflection that give possibilities in self reflection both physical and mental, but the lack of human understanding(crossing over into philosophy) about the "behind-ness" or "underneathness" of human perception or what it takes to authentically be couched in physical space.

lacan is basically propositioning that as humans we are afraid of dependence, so we don't see how dependence and support is neccessary in the self. In the light of the mirror image we think is favored by society.
>>
Walter Clezzledudge - Fri, 23 Jun 2017 16:15:16 EST UgAS1X+C No.208252 Reply
>>208251

It about the inability to see that the statement and the self reflection exist in and out of the same state that occurs in an image in film or theatre. When we approach it without suspension we fall prey to anxietys produced by ads and movies and society itself because we don't embrace self reflexive or going into how that is working.

On the otherside we don't realize reality without it, because it's distinct from "the real" because of the idea that to make something "more real" in our concious beliefs about reality we hide our manipulation and editing of it we don't reach reality by caving into the real either.

Embracing how it's being made and the production of what's happening within that construction is like seeing the net and seeing the weaving. essentially ignoring the man behind the curtain, or the very real existence of our heart, intellect, and courage as symbol/ic we don't have reality.
>>
Walter Clezzledudge - Fri, 23 Jun 2017 16:30:21 EST UgAS1X+C No.208253 Reply
>>208252
For the otaku part you might want to fucus on the collection of symbols, in an order with improvisation and contextual logic related to gathering of symbols. These games suggest skill and a pop up wind out, interlocking finding or achievement of symbols. In a ground, as expressed in the actual puzzle board, that is chaotic or in flux in it's logic and constancy. Impulse is attracted and seems to have a part to play on the road to skill, but suffers a critique in the reason it is present in the games. Or in order to get you to pay more money.

It's game is chaotic or flux in it's logic and justification. Suggesting unfairness and pay barriers and traps for a person. But impulse is also achieving justification and making perspective. More literally how you play it will determine interaction.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.