Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

the why of progress

- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 19:16:36 EST jDHD98qF No.208255
File: 1498259796903.jpg -(241449B / 235.79KB, 787x931) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. the why of progress
Also following the Anger Masturbations post about having a civil coversation, I'm going to ask a relatively simple question.

And it's this; we can all agree the state of the world is pretty chaotic, at least for a lot of people relative to five or ten years ago. This is clearly reflected in the politics of our times. No matter how bad things get and no matter how many people in response stop and say 'okay now is the time to really get serious and fix things, before there's no going back', things keep moving forward. The question I have is why. Why is it that the idea that things are wrong right now, and they were right in the past-- so universal, while any proposals to change things back are always controversial?

My biggest suspicion is the loud minority that destroys most civil conversations and keeps progress from being made. But surely if enough of the majority were trying they're best to do it, they should be able to carry on a conversation even despite a bit of trolling going on. So it also can be that people just aren't trying they're best, that they don't really care and they're distracted enough by the stresses of their lives to try to fix the world. Or maybe even the majority doesn't really care.

Or maybe, and this is the most interesting to me, this is all just an inevitability. There are technological revolutions going on that act on the human race as almost a sort of 'puberty', and it's insane to thing humans _would_ be able to keep on top of this. If this were the case, then what's going on sucks but it's fine, because people will learn to live with one another and things will even out.

Of course there's also the view that a certain portion of the population have just been so screwed over that they don't just not give a shit, they wanna burn everything down. They may not cognizantly be planning the end of the world, but they go 'eh fuck it maybe I will vote for X extreme referendum, one the one hand it might end well but even better it might end in the end of the world'. I've met a few people like that.

Maybe it's everyone? But the world is always complicated. Or maybe it's no one.. and this is the way it's always been. I dunno. I bet there isn't any real single answer for us to figure out.. but I wanna know what you guys think.
>>
James Finnerwater - Fri, 23 Jun 2017 21:51:11 EST 3LVcJZJN No.208256 Reply
Well in order to involve our personal conscious in a metaphor that is meaningful and sees outward details and inner details reflecting one another we have to stop being a big baby and realize that no I don't achieve sympathy for myself and the pay back of injustice with this solopsism, I achieve the end of myself and the end of the system over this conflict with justice. And my realization of flaws in "THE system" and my love of systems don't balance each other out by an assertion of an invetable I chose to absolute. I don't make things better by sinking the ship to prove my hole or help communicate my knowledge of a farce by causing it to do literal harm. I secretly had an easier way that had been recorded for years but I don't take it because being in ethical content doesn't seem to match the picture of injustice o am aware of so I prefer to stay unhappy. And that was not voting. By goting and keeping the wounded relevance of the credence of public consciousness and social promises I perpetuate and egg on interest. Which if I examined the root word in politics I would understand, polarizing. The full word meaning polarizing love. I don't necessarily help my cause by reacting self destructive to the whole thing because I still react I have been thusly polarized and acted out of my love(litical) but I haven't acted politically because i didn't want to polarize. So my litical feelings are passive aggressive bets that I will wreck my significant others car if he does x(that I won't signify or polarize) and marry him if he does y( that I won't signify or polarize)

So the term plays out almost exactly the same way every time because you won't organize or galvanize anything even as a nihilist, anarchist, or dissident.
>>
Cyril Dollystone - Mon, 03 Jul 2017 04:10:49 EST TXzq2wrO No.208265 Reply
>>208255
>Why is it that the idea that things are wrong right now, and they were right in the past-- so universal, while any proposals to change things back are always controversial?

Because people are fucking retarded and don't realise the mental fallacies inherit to the human brain looking at the past.

>hurr durr todays music sucks
>yesterdays music was so much better

People just forgot all about the shitty music of the '80s and only remember the classics.
>>
Jack Cemmlefuck - Wed, 09 Aug 2017 02:58:11 EST 4FAq+MEK No.208351 Reply
Because "the past" is usually code for "my past" and "was better" is usually code for "I didn't have to work back then"

There is no progress of humanity, just a bunch of changes with pros and cons, done by people with their own agenda. The human race is just the backdrop
>>
Fanny Gandershit - Wed, 09 Aug 2017 11:41:48 EST +oDzYIVl No.208355 Reply
>>208351
it's often just as much code for "i did have to work back then" and "they don't have to work now"
>>
Samuel Bunham - Thu, 10 Aug 2017 13:02:01 EST +oDzYIVl No.208362 Reply
>>208358
it's depressing but important. Because it's harmful rhetoric sometimes it's the beginning of people giving back to society. The past and memory is as much a mystery and at times even harder to take emotionally as/than the mysteries of space and time. It's the beginning of a human trial that can lead you into what you would call and elder in society. Dealing with the feelings of change flux and even angst and alienation can just lead you into an appreciation of the different generations as an discomfort.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.