Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

jolly african-american

Banned Reply
- Sun, 02 Jul 2017 17:29:16 EST 9uFbRE+4 No.208264
File: 1499030956380.jpg -(23365B / 22.82KB, 220x220) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. jolly african-american
when will it be socially acceptable for a white person to say jolly african-american? And why is it THAT offensive to begin with? We give the power to words. I get that nowadays we're still relatively fresh out of Jim Crowe and things race relations are still kind of tense but surely eventually there will come a time somewhere down the line where we finally have perfect equality, will the word still be offensive? What about when we all look about the same a thousand years from now, will it still be offensive THEN?

I'm not trying to be edgy here, even though I personally think it's stupid to let sound waves cause so much trauma, I don't say the word around people I know it will offend (at this point mostly everyone). I'm just really curious when it will stop.

Also do you think we'll keep inventing new words to be offended by or will we finally get passed this?
>>
Cyril Dollystone - Mon, 03 Jul 2017 05:56:39 EST TXzq2wrO No.208266 Reply
Don't fucking say nigga to black people that aren't your friend, holy fucking shit, are you fucking retarded AND enthusiastic? For fucks sake mate. Shit isn't hard you goddamn cocksucking retard.
>>
Beatrice Gellyson - Mon, 03 Jul 2017 19:16:22 EST FoYy8aWz No.208267 Reply
>>208266
is it that simple? a lot of black people say using the n word is crossing the line even if youre best friends

i honestly dont think a white person has any business using the word

and obviously it will change but it hasnt yet and wont until systemic racism is actually a thing of the past
>>
Beatrice Fidgenot - Tue, 04 Jul 2017 16:46:08 EST +XN4QoUK No.208268 Reply
>>208267

>systemic racism is actually a thing of the past

indeed it is.

if you disagree, prove which rights black people dont have that everyone else does. oh, you wont. oh well, guess we can discard your claim like a fart in the wind.
>>
Fuck Croffingson - Tue, 04 Jul 2017 19:10:21 EST 9uFbRE+4 No.208269 Reply
>>208268
We've made progress but it's not like all the damage goes away when you say "ok racisms over guys we did it"
>>
Phineas Guzzlelock - Wed, 05 Jul 2017 13:31:38 EST WFGKCTJE No.208270 Reply
>>208268
>>legal rights enshrined in the code of law in a handful of countries
>>is the same as
>>the totality of all structural, institutional, and personal biases prevalent throughout all cultures globally
No.
>>
Betsy Brenderbug - Fri, 07 Jul 2017 09:17:09 EST 1kfT+DW9 No.208272 Reply
1499433429709.jpg -(9334B / 9.12KB, 326x405) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>208268
>hey guys if you ban guns people will just find another way to kill
>hey guys discrimination is mostly illegal so racism can never happen
>>
Sophie Banderway - Wed, 02 Aug 2017 05:37:58 EST 9MuVP7BI No.208319 Reply
This is my opinion.

Western society should not tolerate or permit reactionary violence.

If you call someone a name and he lays you out he accepts the consequences this might bring. BUT IT'S HIS RESPONSIBILITY as an individual to own up for his actions and therefore he should be at fault for not showing the restrain that an Asian person would show.

If you called an Asian person a name and he lashed out at you, you would probably tell him to calm down, and if he attacked you, that's the action he decided to take as an individual.

It's so bad because black people are conditioned socially and white civilization is too often in agreement. If a black person is called a word, he MUST use violence, and well, the other guy deserves it.

I understand the history of the word, that's not an excuse for violence, which should be viewed as a disproportionate reaction that has no place in a civilized society.

Have the strength to call him a pussy white boy with a small dick & walk away and if he continues to challenge you, beat him until he learns what respect it - that is proportional, and it's what real men do.
>>
Angus Wizzlemidge - Wed, 02 Aug 2017 09:01:20 EST CQFMNQ4/ No.208320 Reply
I think it is childish to get pissed off over a word and intent is everything.

To me, jolly african-american is basically comparable as big stinky doo-doo head. It is just a word and I'm not going to get pissed off over it. Now if someone is shouting racial slurs and acting they are going to fight then it is a threat. But just using the word isn't bad. I also hate how people are so uptight about racial slurs. It seems to me that they are always quick to say motherfucker, cunt, cock etc without a mere flinch and that isn't "polite" either. So it doesn't make any sense, so humans.

It may be condescending but only little and insecure people get their panties in a bunch over a sound you make with your vocal chords. Pens and swords do a million times more damage.
>>
Augustus Blackdock - Sat, 20 Jan 2018 16:10:50 EST RH79YvEw No.208617 Reply
>>208320
What intent could you possibly have using the word that isn't racist, aside from the obvious examples (quotes or song lyrics). White people who just really wanna use the word without being vindicated, probably don't have very real problems. Notice how they trivialize the meanings of words in attempt to downplay the seriousness of real life, where racism is much more than a word

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.