Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Theory

- Sun, 11 Feb 2018 23:32:12 EST vU7xlEnh No.208717
File: 1518409932751.jpg -(3171B / 3.10KB, 196x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Theory
I have a theory as to the purpose of this reality. I think, thru a variety of means, this reality is how god learns to be alone and powerless. Every life lived eventually comes to this conclusion. We are all alone and powerless before the unknown. The more we desire the more we suffer. This is how god learns desirelessness. He watches us try to survive, to have eachother, and to understand, and he sees us fail on all accounts inevitably.
And so he learns its okay to be alone, powerless, and confused. I don't think god fully understands what's really happening. This shit is making me want to fucking kill myself so badly. Please help.
>>
Matilda Mangerfoot - Tue, 13 Feb 2018 19:01:10 EST 8gq7GAVV No.208723 Reply
>>208717
Why the fuck would God need to learn? It already knows everything.
>>
Nigel Dranderfork - Tue, 13 Feb 2018 22:25:36 EST ppmBWHj+ No.208724 Reply
>>208723
Well something seems to be happening.
That would imply a purpose.
>>
Nigel Dranderfork - Tue, 13 Feb 2018 22:27:32 EST ppmBWHj+ No.208725 Reply
>>208724
And i know this will diverge into the regular god argument.
I don't know what I was expecting.some hope that I'm not alone and powerless.
>>
Frederick Dovingtadge - Tue, 13 Feb 2018 22:37:22 EST blmfRlfa No.208726 Reply
1518579442907.jpg -(528929B / 516.53KB, 1000x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>208717
Although life has its share of suffering it too has alot to enjoy. I think you're coming from an angle that assumes that all of humanity's experiences lead to the conclusion that we are alone and powerless. Perhaps death instead is a dedifferentiation, where we lose our individuality, and become one with everything a part of the Earth. Perhaps the fear of death for many comes from not having lived their life fully how they wanted to.

In regards to power there are plenty of ways one has power. I don't mean to insinuate power over another person or some sort of superpower that really only exists in fantasy. I mean Carlos Castinida's mystical Rings of Power. belief altering what is real, from knowledge comes power, and also power as a political concept epitomized in "power to the people", which insinuates a shared sort of power with others that reinforces each other instead of controlling and/or destroying.

On a different note, desire doesn't lead to suffering imho, they're not a dichotomy. Desire (or joy or pleasure) and suffering occur regardless of the quantity (as if these feelings are measurable in the first place) of either. Some people definitely have it harder than others for whatever combination of reasons. Some suffering isn't a fact of life, its the result of a fucked-up society with so many issues: the imbalance of power, the destruction of nature, alienation, etc. that we as individuals, with our own problems, are an example of. If you study anthropology you'll find that there are past societies that don't have the high degree and same kinds of suffering that our supposedly advanced society has today.

Anyways, I kind of dodged the God question, i'm no theologian. If God is all, then its every one of us already, each human individual, tree, and chatty squirrel, so God already experiences all life's pleasures and suffering. if God is the Christian, Muslim, Jewish, or Catholic God, then I don't know, is it the same? Maybe like Mangerfoot said. In a way the idea is what Jesus was.
>>
Matilda Mangerfoot - Wed, 14 Feb 2018 08:57:29 EST 8gq7GAVV No.208731 Reply
>>208724
Yes. Random shit is happening. If God really existed, only God would exist, because God needs nothing. Or else, it's not God. But just some alien wanker that evolved earlier than mankind and seeded Earth with life.
>>
Rebecca Handerhun - Wed, 14 Feb 2018 13:02:47 EST WFGKCTJE No.208735 Reply
>>208731
I mean, where do you get the idea that God needs nothing? If you get that from the idea of medieval theologians, the suggestion that God must be perfect in every respect, then while God might have no needs in the sense of needing something else in order to sustain its existence, that doesn't preclude the possibility that it desires something, that it 'needs' to do something to be fulfilled in its own nature. Thus, if its nature is to create, then it 'needs' to create, and thus would, since its desire and its ability to manifest its desire are also as perfect as its lack of need.

>> just some alien wanker that evolved earlier than mankind and seeded Earth with life
Well, under some definitions of 'God' it absolutely would be. What if the alien in question didn't just seed our planet, but is the one running the simulation which our universe is contained in? That individual would certainly qualify as God under some definitions, but not others. What about the alien wanker that evolved the earliest? The one whose simulation contains all other simulations (in the Omega Point/ Simulation Hypothesis mash-up theory) and certainly would qualify as God under the biggest definition it makes sense to discuss, yet still wouldn't qualify as God under certain other, more specific definitions, some of which specify a being of much less power than that.

In general, if you're going to use medieval definitions to try to answer questions about what God is or might be, you're always going to come up against the problem that medieval theologians' ideas about a lot of things were really dumb and self-contradictory.
>>
Eugene Siggleforth - Thu, 15 Feb 2018 19:18:56 EST blmfRlfa No.208744 Reply
1518740336378.png -(288870B / 282.10KB, 458x301) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>208735
The alien wanker is oddly relatable to Vishnu who is the sleeping god in whose dream is the universe. Brahma the creator god sits on the lotus that represents divine energy and divine grace, and the lotus grows from the navel of Vishnu.

20. An important function of myth: how to live a human life
https://youtu.be/W6xuh8v98r8
>>
Henry Chinderridge - Sat, 17 Feb 2018 01:21:25 EST ZrOoKGT8 No.208752 Reply
>>208735
"Brahman is full of all perfections. And to say that Brahman has some purpose in creating the world will mean that it wants to attain through the process of creation something which it has not. And that is impossible. Hence, there can be no purpose of Brahman in creating the world. The world is a mere spontaneous creation of Brahman. It is a Lila, or sport, of Brahman. It is created out of Bliss, by Bliss and for Bliss. Lila indicates a spontaneous sportive activity of Brahman as distinguished from a self-conscious volitional effort. The concept of Lila signifies freedom as distinguished from necessity."
>>
Henry Chinderridge - Sat, 17 Feb 2018 01:26:05 EST ZrOoKGT8 No.208753 Reply
>>208752
I should probably add to that, that in other cases (non-Hindu) creativity transcends even God itself (as is the case with A.N. Whitehead and process philosophy) so who's to say.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.